http://i.imgur.com/pdvus0I.jpg

::2014::
http://i.imgur.com/1988wUG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eCcRZlK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5VDefvS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U4nOhtE.jpg

Ai2death
03-13-2014, 06:18 AM
Just bought Southpark stick of truth. Pretty fun so far... till the missus started nagging me lol

$LakerGold
03-13-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm so lazy to google right now. What is that? I'm going to get my Ps4 later tonight. I'm so excited. Haha

cos88
03-13-2014, 09:24 AM
good thread. just instaled Dishonored on my pc, can't wait to try it out. the only thing i know is that it a 2012 stealth action-adventure game with good reviews :confusedshrug:

embersyc
03-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Just bought Southpark stick of truth. Pretty fun so far... till the missus started nagging me lol

Great game, the ending is totally ****ed up!

glidedrxlr22
03-13-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm dying to play Dark Souls 2. I still have to go back and finally play Dark Souls before I'll even by DS2. This'll all have to wait till I'm done with my Metal Gear kick....MGS4, MGS Rising, and Ground Zeroes come first.

outbreak
03-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Playing titanfall on xbox one and resident evil revelations on my 3ds at the moment. Bought resident evil hoping to beat it before titanfall launched but my circle pad pro didn't arrive until a couple days ago so now it'll take a back seat even though it's easily the best resident evil i've played since 4.

Kungfro
03-13-2014, 06:20 PM

I'm a couple hours into it and it's been really funny so far. Kind of makes me want to get back into South Park, haven't seen a new episode in years.

Bosnian Sajo
03-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Those last 2 screenshots look real af..

outbreak
03-13-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm a couple hours into it and it's been really funny so far. Kind of makes me want to get back into South Park, haven't seen a new episode in years.

you should, the show in it's current form is really good and under rated

TheReal Kendall
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM
How's that Assassins Creed 4? Thinking about getting it.

Do I need to play the previous ones first?

Ai2death
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
you should, the show in it's current form is really good and under rated

Never really watched it, but I find the game fun.

on a different note.

Does anyone know any cool online rpg/mmo sort of games that don't require download that I could play at work when I'm quite.
Something similar to but better than "Realm of the Mad God" would be good. Bored of that one, and I believe there would be better out there.

outbreak
03-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Never really watched it, but I find the game fun.

on a different note.

Does anyone know any cool online rpg/mmo sort of games that don't require download that I could play at work when I'm quite.
Something similar to but better than "Realm of the Mad God" would be good. Bored of that one, and I believe there would be better out there.

http://home.broadpark.no/~kboye/jones/jones.html

not an mmo but used to play the shit out of the original of this game as a kid.

$LakerGold
03-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Playing 2k on the Ps4 right now. Add me - DreamChaserYoon.

Ai2death
03-13-2014, 10:06 PM
Playing 2k on the Ps4 right now. Add me - DreamChaserYoon.

Too bad online is sooooo shit for that game.

embersyc
03-14-2014, 07:05 AM
How's that Assassins Creed 4? Thinking about getting it.

Do I need to play the previous ones first?

Haven't played any recent ones, but 1+2 and Brotherhood all had a continuing storyline that picked up exactly where the previous game left off. Been looking for a pack of these games because I played the first 2 on PC, then switched to PS3 for Brotherhood, and wasn't able to get into it on the console, never beat Brotherhood as a result and fell out of touch with the series.

DeuceWallaces
03-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Last beta weekend for ESO starts at noon today. Will probably take up a big part of my weekend.

Ai2death
03-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Haven't played any recent ones, but 1+2 and Brotherhood all had a continuing storyline that picked up exactly where the previous game left off. Been looking for a pack of these games because I played the first 2 on PC, then switched to PS3 for Brotherhood, and wasn't able to get into it on the console, never beat Brotherhood as a result and fell out of touch with the series.

Played a lot of 1, didn't touch the series until 3, it was ok, long though and never finished it.
Have 4, sweet as, haven't finished it cause I was way more interested in doing side quest and having naval battles, shits all over 3 and some.

outbreak
03-17-2014, 05:06 PM
just started playing fire emblem awakening on my 3ds last night. Pretty cool game so far.

nightprowler10
03-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Just picked up 2K11 for $2 at Gamestop. :bowdown: Can't wait to get home and hope I didn't delete my game saves.

$LakerGold
03-17-2014, 11:26 PM
So, 2k14 is lame.... After 5 seasons with the Lakers, the owner decides to fire me because he's "very frustrated" with me, omfg s*ck a fat d*!!!! I brought another 2 rings to the team and this is how you repay me. I brought Melo, I brought Russell Westrbrook after Kobe retired in the summer of 2017. Had 25m cap space, signed Westbrook, but failed to win a ring (simulated the playoffs), brought in Tony Parker a season after, traded Westbrook (Rated 96^99) for Anthony Davis (92) & a game after that. that's when I get fired. zzzzzzzzzz

MyPlayer is boring. The game physics is lacking for me, the players seem to be wobbly? No I'm not high. lol But the graphics is amazing, though.

ILLsmak
03-19-2014, 05:29 AM
So, 2k14 is lame.... After 5 seasons with the Lakers, the owner decides to fire me because he's "very frustrated" with me, omfg s*ck a fat d*!!!! I brought another 2 rings to the team and this is how you repay me. I brought Melo, I brought Russell Westrbrook after Kobe retired in the summer of 2017. Had 25m cap space, signed Westbrook, but failed to win a ring (simulated the playoffs), brought in Tony Parker a season after, traded Westbrook (Rated 96^99) for Anthony Davis (92) & a game after that. that's when I get fired. zzzzzzzzzz

MyPlayer is boring. The game physics is lacking for me, the players seem to be wobbly? No I'm not high. lol But the graphics is amazing, though.

lol yea I mean it prolly is lame, but shit like that is good for gaming I think. What's wrong with getting fired when you feel you were doing a good job? Happens all of the time in reality.

-Smak

nightprowler10
03-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Hey outbreak, did you hear Don Bradman Cricket is out on the 3rd of April? The more I hear about the career mode the more excited I get.

outbreak
03-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Hey outbreak, did you hear Don Bradman Cricket is out on the 3rd of April? The more I hear about the career mode the more excited I get.

saw that the other day. I also saw IGN's game play demo and it looked pretty sick, been really itching for it after seeing that. I was hoping to see more on the career mode though, what have you heard about it? Is it similar to nba2k myplayer and can you use the custom rosters in it?

nightprowler10
03-20-2014, 12:31 AM
saw that the other day. I also saw IGN's game play demo and it looked pretty sick, been really itching for it after seeing that. I was hoping to see more on the career mode though, what have you heard about it? Is it similar to nba2k myplayer and can you use the custom rosters in it?
The IGN demo was on an older build apparently, they've made improvements since.

The career mode looks super customizeable and very involved, and yeah sounds a lot like NBA 2K. You can upload all your own teams from user created ones before you start. Just like 2K, you can sim parts of the match where you don't play. You can choose to field or just sim through it, but you don't get XP points for simming. I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers has been playing the career mode 4 hours a day for like 2 months and he's only 4 years in his player's career.

Here's the official line on what's in the mode.

* You play as One Player - Name Him and Alter his Appearance, give him a nationality and set attributes

* You give your player a Role - batter, bowler, batting all rounder, bowling all rounder

* You start as a 16 year old and go for 20 years

* You are offered Contracts each year with performance related bonuses

* There are 5 Ranks that you must climb - ultimately playing for your International Team

* Skills are increased by playing the game well, or decreased by playing badly, as your skill level increases so will your rank, your rank can also decrease as well.

* Match Types and Lengths of matches increase as your rank increases - with Test Matches only happening in Rank 5

* The game will simulate up until your participation point in any given match, you will also be able to drop in and field as yourself if you wish, or continue to simulate at any time.

* Money you earn is used as a High Score on an Online Leaderboard

* There is also a unique First Person View (as well as 3rd person), we have even integrated Oculus with the PC version and it was awesome, it felt like you were there!!

outbreak
03-20-2014, 12:43 AM
The IGN demo was on an older build apparently, they've made improvements since.

The career mode looks super customizeable and very involved, and yeah sounds a lot like NBA 2K. You can upload all your own teams from user created ones before you start. Just like 2K, you can sim parts of the match where you don't play. You can choose to field or just sim through it, but you don't get XP points for simming. I remember reading somewhere that one of the developers has been playing the career mode 4 hours a day for like 2 months and he's only 4 years in his player's career.

Here's the official line on what's in the mode.

I really can't wait for this, I've been wanting a career mode in a cricket game ever since I played my first nba2k game years ago. I'm going to have to really try to smash through my current back log of 3ds games next week because when this comes out I doubt I'll be playing anything else for awhile.

ILLsmak
03-20-2014, 04:21 AM
ay **** that MMO bullshit. See me on NBA 2k14 ps4.

See me AT THE PARK. Get on my team. My 68 rated Chinese looking afro guy.

I'll show you some shit you've never seen. Nobody knows what the **** I'm gonna do... just be ready to press square.

-Smak

glidedrxlr22
03-20-2014, 11:27 AM
I can't believe I just now got to playing MGS4....6 years after its release! What a great game. It's aged a little bit, but worth the experience. Great game. :rockon:

$LakerGold
03-20-2014, 11:28 AM
I can't believe I just now got to playing MGS4....6 years after its release! What a great game. It's aged a little bit, but worth the experience. Great game. :rockon:
How dare you......

What possessed you to not play it?

glidedrxlr22
03-20-2014, 12:04 PM
How dare you......

What possessed you to not play it?

I just kept pushing it back as other games came out. I had previously played all other games in the series except portable ops for the psp. I'm gonna move on to MGS5 Ground Zeroes now.

Shade8780
03-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Finished AC II today. Great game. Was planning on just skipping Brotherhood, Revelations and III and going straight to IV but the ending of II wants me to finish the Ezio trilogy, and then after that I might as well just play III.

Right now though, I think I'm gonna play the Uncharteds and then get back to the ACs.

Heavincent
03-22-2014, 06:46 PM
Don't play III. It's mostly garbage.

ballup
03-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Finished AC II today. Great game. Was planning on just skipping Brotherhood, Revelations and III and going straight to IV but the ending of II wants me to finish the Ezio trilogy, and then after that I might as well just play III.

Right now though, I think I'm gonna play the Uncharteds and then get back to the ACs.
Brotherhood is great. Skip the racing side quests they a bitch.

nightprowler10
03-23-2014, 12:41 AM

Brotherhood is probably the most diverse game play wise. It's easily better than Revelations, III, and even IV.

outbreak
03-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Just finished fire emblem awakening on 3ds. Must play for anyone with a 3ds. I'd say it's one of the best games I've played in a long time.

$LakerGold
03-23-2014, 02:48 AM
I like the part where you max out your assassins. And then you call them to help you out when you're in trouble. Yeah, hardwork pays off.

Right now, mostly playing Black Flag, I've been playing it whenever I had time. It's pretty chill, sailing is getting boring though & my interest of playing it continues to drop down. I might sell it. It's good at first, but the gameplay starts to become dull. I guess GTA V really raised the bar, & now Watch Dogs will be the one closest to it, or maybe even better.

Shade8780
03-23-2014, 11:56 AM
I dont know how Im gonna fit in new PS4 games this year like inFamous, Watch Dogs and Destiny this year with all the older games I want to play.

Shade8780
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM
started uncharted drake's fortune yesterday, just finished it today since i'm sick from school :lol probably the fastest i've ever gone through a game. was really good though. i think i'll start among thieves later on today or tomorrow. pretty excited when the first is supposed to be the worst, yet it was a great game.

nightprowler10
03-24-2014, 05:24 PM
started uncharted drake's fortune yesterday, just finished it today since i'm sick from school :lol probably the fastest i've ever gone through a game. was really good though. i think i'll start among thieves later on today or tomorrow. pretty excited when the first is supposed to be the worst, yet it was a great game.
Among Thieves was my favorite, way too much repetitive hand-to-hand combat in Drake's Deception.

Shade8780
03-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Among Thieves was my favorite, way too much repetitive hand-to-hand combat in Drake's Deception.
yeah, there was guards in nearly every ****ing room. only thing i didnt like about it.

decided to move on to assassin's creed: brotherhood instead of among thieves. shouldn't take me too long and i felt switching between both series' every game would be better.

Ai2death
03-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Did anyone here finish MGS Snake Eater?

That game was epic, and the boss battles were amazing. If you never played the battle with 'The End' You're missing out.

DukeDelonte13
03-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Don't play III. It's mostly garbage.

that's not true. it's more or less the same as any AC Game i've ever played. It was just really hyped up and disappointed people because a lot of the new elements in the game like hunting don't matter at all. People say they had frame rate or other technical graphics issues with the game but I didn't notice any.

It's still a good game if you are a fan of the series and can probably be purchased for under 20 bucks.

$LakerGold
03-26-2014, 09:58 AM
I seriously can't wait for Watch Dogs. Been bored out of my mind playing 2k or AC: BF.

glidedrxlr22
03-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Did anyone here finish MGS Snake Eater?

That game was epic, and the boss battles were amazing. If you never played the battle with 'The End' You're missing out.

I think a lot of ISHers have completed Snake Eater. I agree, the fight with The End was a little frustrating, but epic at the same time. I also just completed MGS4 and MGS5: Ground Zeroes. Can't wait for MGS5:Phantom Pain.

nightprowler10
03-26-2014, 06:49 PM
that's not true. it's more or less the same as any AC Game i've ever played. It was just really hyped up and disappointed people because a lot of the new elements in the game like hunting don't matter at all. People say they had frame rate or other technical graphics issues with the game but I didn't notice any.

It's still a good game if you are a fan of the series and can probably be purchased for under 20 bucks.
Yeah it gets a lot of hate from fans, including myself, but it's not a bad game by any means. It just didn't match the hype and Connor wasn't as good of a character as the first two Assassins for most people.

nightprowler10
03-26-2014, 06:49 PM
BTW, anybody play Simpsons: Tapped Out? Holy **** it's addictive. I've been playing it everyday for over a year now and have done a ton of stuff without spending a single penny on the game.

ballup
03-26-2014, 06:54 PM
I have Tapped Out. Kinda got bored cause its hard to keep up with the main quest and provide your own touch at the same time.

$LakerGold
03-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Check out the OP.

http://i.imgur.com/ugPp10K.jpg

I should add Ellie. Just don't know where to put her (In my heart. lmao).

$LakerGold
03-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Sony lists every PS4 game releasing in 2014 “100+ and growing”

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2014/03/26/sony-list-every-ps4-game-releasing-in-2014-100-and-growing/

jaydacris
03-26-2014, 09:02 PM
The last of us is coming to ps4

$LakerGold
03-26-2014, 09:59 PM
I wish they would allow us to skip parts. Some people only completed like 20% of the game before, & would love to continue playing it on the PS4.

Just give me a starter kit & I'll be on my way...

nightprowler10
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
I have Tapped Out. Kinda got bored cause its hard to keep up with the main quest and provide your own touch at the same time.
Is it just the urge to finish what'sout there? Otherwise you can just ignore the quests.

Heavincent
03-27-2014, 12:26 AM

http://gifrific.gifrific.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif

ballup
03-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Is it just the urge to finish what'sout there? Otherwise you can just ignore the quests.
I kinda want to get all of the characters first that's why. Got tired of choosing between the two

rhythmic
03-27-2014, 03:20 AM

Link please? That's so sick.
Games I'm most anticipated on getting:

Watch Dogs
MLB: The Show
Sniper Elite 3
Arkham Knight
Madden
NBA 2K15
Mad Max (if good)
The Order
The Division

Uncharted 4 & MGS whenever they come out.

nightprowler10
03-27-2014, 01:21 PM
I kinda want to get all of the characters first that's why. Got tired of choosing between the two
That's how all of these types of games work though. You want them to give you everything right from the start so you can play a month and then get bored?

It's pretty cool once you get past a few levels. You make money faster and buy land and build things. I'm maxed out on the levels and building shit left and right.

Ai2death
03-27-2014, 04:21 PM
I have Simpsons tapped out, don't play it much anymore, just log on very now and then to see what's new.

I had been playing for along time. I have to admit I mad a couple of $20 dollar transactions which I regret but meh :confusedshrug:

I have unlocked almost every character I could, got almost every building besides the expensive ones and yeah, as I said, I only log on now say once a week to see if they have updated anything.
It just got so monotonous having to assign every one a job individually. The character finder when they added that was great though.

Ai2death
03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
I've made a promise to myself, I can't go into any games stores until I finish 2 games, South Park: Stick Of Truth & The Ellie DLC for Last Of Us.
I really want the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remake though, hopefully I can hold out the temptation.

Shade8780
03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
I seriously can't wait for Watch Dogs. Been bored out of my mind playing 2k or AC: BF.
If you have no other games to play you should get inFamous, unless you're on Xbox...

Shade8780
03-27-2014, 04:34 PM
I've made a promise to myself, I can't go into any games stores until I finish 2 games, South Park: Stick Of Truth & The Ellie DLC for Last Of Us.
I really want the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remake though, hopefully I can hold out the temptation.
Same with me.

I'm gonna finish Uncharted 2 and 3, AC: BH, Revelations, III and 4, TLOU and Tomb Raider before I can get a new game. That means games like Watch Dogs, inFamous and maybe even South Park.

ballup
03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
That's how all of these types of games work though. You want them to give you everything right from the start so you can play a month and then get bored?

It's pretty cool once you get past a few levels. You make money faster and buy land and build things. I'm maxed out on the levels and building shit left and right.
Not saying that I want everything at once, but if you try customizing the town as you level, you get really behind in the main quests if you weren't already. I figured the most optimal way is to get as many characters as possible for more income. I'm at the higher 30s, but just got bored.

lilgodfather1
03-27-2014, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Le Shaqtus
03-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Next game I get will probably be Infamous.. Then maybe I'll hold out for destiny. I would get MGS Phantom pain but I'm terrible at Metal Gear games :lol

Wanna get Shadow of Mordor and AC Unity too.

lilgodfather1
03-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Next game I get will probably be Infamous.. Then maybe I'll hold out for destiny. I would get MGS Phantom pain but I'm terrible at Metal Gear games :lol

Wanna get Shadow of Mordor and AC Unity too.
Me too. I've played ground zeroes a total of one time, and I've had to restart 5 times... damnit. Oh well hard games can be fun, as long as it's your fault when you get caught. If it is just a cheap death or whatever it isn't fun.

nightprowler10
03-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Not saying that I want everything at once, but if you try customizing the town as you level, you get really behind in the main quests if you weren't already. I figured the most optimal way is to get as many characters as possible for more income. I'm at the higher 30s, but just got bored.
Yeah I hear you. I think it's easiest when you have a lot of buildings so you can collect a ton of taxes and not have rely on character quests to keep going as much. I think I spent everything I had on buying land for no reason a couple of weeks ago, and I already have 700k+ from just logging in once a day on the toilet, collecting all the taxes, and performing the couple of random tasks it tells me to do. I just keep doing it at this point to buy all the available land.

Jailblazers7
03-28-2014, 10:44 AM
It has literally taken me year to play Red Dead Redemption and I still haven't finished the story line yet lol. I'm finally in Mexico on this playthrough. I have started and deleted a campaign on there a bunch of times and all of the side stuff in the game is really making me take a long time. Tons of places to explore and side missions to do. I've spent a ton of time on the different challenges and just doing random odd jobs like night watch. I've got like 25 hours in and I might be like 40% through.

MAybe the most beautiful game I've ever played tho. There are times where I just have to climb a hill and check out the scenery.

nightprowler10
03-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Still haven't played RDR.

I know nobody except maybe one person will care but I feel like posting it. International Cricket 2010 is underrated. It's got some screwy ball physics, and some other annoying perks, but it's the most I've ever enjoyed playing an ODI match in a game. In anticipation of Don Bradman Cricket 14, I've been playing a World Cup campaign with Pakistan, and I had to play Australia and South Africa in my last two matches in the Super 8s. I batted first against Oz and made 270-odd runs, and then methodically took out their top order for well under 200. Then, just like ****ing real life, Hussey starts pounding all of my bowlers. He almost completely took the match until I tricked him with a slower one from Razzaq which ricocheted off his wrist on to his stumps. Then I had my quickie bowl yorkers and bouncers until I bowled out their tail to win by 13 runs. I was sweating bullets.

Then my match against SA I just got slaughtered. All my fielders kept dropping catches (very realistic lol) and I got pounded for 333 runs. Then I had to face a barrage of fast in-swingers and was bowled out for 200. Again, this game is very enjoyable and well paced for ODIs, as long as you're not trying to cheese.

Ai2death
03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
It has literally taken me year to play Red Dead Redemption and I still haven't finished the story line yet lol. I'm finally in Mexico on this playthrough. I have started and deleted a campaign on there a bunch of times and all of the side stuff in the game is really making me take a long time. Tons of places to explore and side missions to do. I've spent a ton of time on the different challenges and just doing random odd jobs like night watch. I've got like 25 hours in and I might be like 40% through.

Maybe the most beautiful game I've ever played tho. There are times where I just have to climb a hill and check out the scenery.

I feel ya, I have played it so much but never finished it, I've restarted a bunch of times with the drive to finish it, yet a week later I realised I have gotten no where, and then some other game just comes out I must play, like Last Of Us.

One day I will finish it.

$LakerGold
03-30-2014, 12:07 AM
I've been really watching the Watch Dogs's trailers for a few days now. Caught myself drooling all over my keyboard.

People say that the graphics are horrible. I hope not. It's Next Gen for f* sake.

nightprowler10
03-30-2014, 03:02 AM
http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/game-has-arrived-88757.html

@Outbreak

Some dude in Dubai has got his hands on DBC14 and his brother is posting screenshots at the link i posted. Early reviews sound incredible.

outbreak
03-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Still haven't played RDR.

I know nobody except maybe one person will care but I feel like posting it. International Cricket 2010 is underrated. It's got some screwy ball physics, and some other annoying perks, but it's the most I've ever enjoyed playing an ODI match in a game. In anticipation of Don Bradman Cricket 14, I've been playing a World Cup campaign with Pakistan, and I had to play Australia and South Africa in my last two matches in the Super 8s. I batted first against Oz and made 270-odd runs, and then methodically took out their top order for well under 200. Then, just like ****ing real life, Hussey starts pounding all of my bowlers. He almost completely took the match until I tricked him with a slower one from Razzaq which ricocheted off his wrist on to his stumps. Then I had my quickie bowl yorkers and bouncers until I bowled out their tail to win by 13 runs. I was sweating bullets.

Then my match against SA I just got slaughtered. All my fielders kept dropping catches (very realistic lol) and I got pounded for 333 runs. Then I had to face a barrage of fast in-swingers and was bowled out for 200. Again, this game is very enjoyable and well paced for ODIs, as long as you're not trying to cheese.

I haven't played it in years but I was hooked on it when it launched, i actually ordered the english copy because it came out sooner than the australian version. I used to play full test series in that game, would have spent so many hours on it but it ends up becoming too easy and I'd have to deliberately limit myself to a set amount of runs an over.

Do you play international cricket captain at all? It's the simulator management type game where you develop a team if you don't know it. I always get hooked on that.

I'll have a look at that planetcricket thread now thanks, so pumped for this.

Qwyjibo
03-30-2014, 11:29 PM
I'm doing a big Bioshock replay. If this is it for the Rapture/Columbia world and these games, it was an awesome experience.

I re-played Bioshock a couple months ago. I started playing through Bioshock 2 today. I never finished it when it first came out. It felt a bit too similar to Bioshock and I eventually got bored. I do appreciate its awesome atmosphere and the overall story though. Moreso now after Infinite. After that, it'll be time to go through Bioshock Infinite again. This time on 1999 mode. I haven't played either of the DLCs as I'm waiting to go through the entire game again first.

nightprowler10
03-31-2014, 11:03 AM
I haven't played it in years but I was hooked on it when it launched, i actually ordered the english copy because it came out sooner than the australian version. I used to play full test series in that game, would have spent so many hours on it but it ends up becoming too easy and I'd have to deliberately limit myself to a set amount of runs an over.

Do you play international cricket captain at all? It's the simulator management type game where you develop a team if you don't know it. I always get hooked on that.

I'll have a look at that planetcricket thread now thanks, so pumped for this.
I actually got IC10 as soon as it came out but it basically collected dust until a year ago. I did a few Test series and it was very tough to make it competitive. I simmed a lot and made one match last 3 days, that's about it. Still, bowling with Asif/Amir/Gul was fun for me. I figured I'd give it one final run with a WC before I switch to DBC, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

I never played ICC despite hearing a ton of great things about it. I played a trial version of Cricket Coach that was similar and it was very addictive. I managed Sussex and it was a lot of fun. I've often thought about buying ICC now but the only PC I use these days is my work laptop and I'm wary of installing anything on it. Definitely something I can see myself wasting weeks on.

Here's another guy who got the game yesterday and has uploaded a dozen vids already, including a 30 min gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVBDxN8l-Y&list=PL7JWhBJUxo9I1oovvXUKGNKmC9TRCdosE

Le Shaqtus
03-31-2014, 02:49 PM
I only have a PS4 right now... And I'm really craving to play Last of Us or Bioshock infinite because I never got to, I had a 360 before.

lilgodfather1
03-31-2014, 03:50 PM
I only have a PS4 right now... And I'm really craving to play Last of Us or Bioshock infinite because I never got to, I had a 360 before.
Can't recall if it was the vp or president of ps turkey, but he said that tlou was coming to ps4. I assume he is a legitimate source, not like yoshida saying it, but he is a ps higher up. I too never played left behind, because I have long since moved on from ps3, so I hope he is right.

outbreak
03-31-2014, 06:24 PM
I actually got IC10 as soon as it came out but it basically collected dust until a year ago. I did a few Test series and it was very tough to make it competitive. I simmed a lot and made one match last 3 days, that's about it. Still, bowling with Asif/Amir/Gul was fun for me. I figured I'd give it one final run with a WC before I switch to DBC, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

I never played ICC despite hearing a ton of great things about it. I played a trial version of Cricket Coach that was similar and it was very addictive. I managed Sussex and it was a lot of fun. I've often thought about buying ICC now but the only PC I use these days is my work laptop and I'm wary of installing anything on it. Definitely something I can see myself wasting weeks on.

Here's another guy who got the game yesterday and has uploaded a dozen vids already, including a 30 min gameplay video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVBDxN8l-Y&list=PL7JWhBJUxo9I1oovvXUKGNKmC9TRCdosE

I had cricket coach a couple years back but the simming was horrible. ICC gives a more realistic simulation. They keep saying an android version is coming but it still hasn't been released, an ios version was out for last years edition but I'm not sure if it came out for the current version. It's not perfect though but it's fun, my current australian save playing only test matches is in 2050 and now the regen bowlers in my first class system are all averaging like 10-15 with the ball and the best batsman I seem to be getting are all rounders who hit test level and average 50+ with the bat and low 20's with the ball so my side is incredibly unbalanced. Was fun up until this point though but now it's too easy.

lilgodfather - i believe it was the turkish sony president but sony have denied that they are bringing it to PS4. I still think it happens but I think they just don't want to announce how it is coming to PS4 as there was a bunch of rumours about backwards compatibility floating around too.

lilgodfather1
03-31-2014, 07:34 PM
I had cricket coach a couple years back but the simming was horrible. ICC gives a more realistic simulation. They keep saying an android version is coming but it still hasn't been released, an ios version was out for last years edition but I'm not sure if it came out for the current version. It's not perfect though but it's fun, my current australian save playing only test matches is in 2050 and now the regen bowlers in my first class system are all averaging like 10-15 with the ball and the best batsman I seem to be getting are all rounders who hit test level and average 50+ with the bat and low 20's with the ball so my side is incredibly unbalanced. Was fun up until this point though but now it's too easy.

lilgodfather - i believe it was the turkish sony president but sony have denied that they are bringing it to PS4. I still think it happens but I think they just don't want to announce how it is coming to PS4 as there was a bunch of rumours about backwards compatibility floating around too.
Yeah the umm what's it called, psnow? Is that right? Anyways, I read the rumour of ps1/2 emulation, or whatever, but tlou wouldn't qualify for that, unless I missed the ps3 part.

It makes sense that they would deny it if they wanted to drop the bomb at e3. Hopefully they do, I would love to play the game again, and play the left behind dlc.

outbreak
03-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Yeah the umm what's it called, psnow? Is that right? Anyways, I read the rumour of ps1/2 emulation, or whatever, but tlou wouldn't qualify for that, unless I missed the ps3 part.

It makes sense that they would deny it if they wanted to drop the bomb at e3. Hopefully they do, I would love to play the game again, and play the left behind dlc.

The rumour I heard was ps1 and ps2 as software emulation for your actual discs which is separate to psnow but ps3 was streaming. who knows for sure though until it's announced.

nightprowler10
04-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Oh man, an android version would be awesome.

So some bugs coming out in DBC14 as expected, mostly with the roster update that allows you to download all of the user created teams as it relates to career mode. Basically, the game tends to force roles based on batting position once you enter career mode. So if your default Australian roster has a medium pacer at 7, but your downloaded roster has Haddin batting at 7, in career mode you'll see Haddin bowling medium pacers.

There are a few other bugs that remind me of 2K's bugs in career mode, like AI logic of giving you chances seems silly, and scores tend to reset after a day's play while chasing in the fourth inning, but all bugs seem to be in the career mode. People are generally very happy with everything else so far, especially the controls and difficulty level.

The good thing is that the developer is very active on planet cricket (he has 6500 posts) and is asking people to keep piling up the bugs for their patch.

bisk
04-02-2014, 07:06 AM
Ordered my MLB The Show copy from VG+ for the first time, since they ship to Europe at a very low price. Hopefully I can get my hands on it before the weekend.

outbreak
04-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Oh man, an android version would be awesome.

So some bugs coming out in DBC14 as expected, mostly with the roster update that allows you to download all of the user created teams as it relates to career mode. Basically, the game tends to force roles based on batting position once you enter career mode. So if your default Australian roster has a medium pacer at 7, but your downloaded roster has Haddin batting at 7, in career mode you'll see Haddin bowling medium pacers.

There are a few other bugs that remind me of 2K's bugs in career mode, like AI logic of giving you chances seems silly, and scores tend to reset after a day's play while chasing in the fourth inning, but all bugs seem to be in the career mode. People are generally very happy with everything else so far, especially the controls and difficulty level.

The good thing is that the developer is very active on planet cricket (he has 6500 posts) and is asking people to keep piling up the bugs for their patch.

gonna go pick it up at lunch today.

jaydacris
04-03-2014, 06:17 PM
ubisoft rpg Child of Light looks pretty cool

coming out end of this month

15 dollars, will be available on wii u, xbox live, ps3/ps4, and pc

nightprowler10
04-03-2014, 06:29 PM
gonna go pick it up at lunch today.
Is that you posting on PC about the game being unbalanced?

outbreak
04-03-2014, 06:52 PM

yeah my issue isn't the game being unbalanced it's that the batting doesn't seem to provide feedback and doesn't make sense to me yet. I've been trying to get people to provide tips but no one seems to be able to. In the nets I can pre empt my timing or leave it to the last minute and still get ideal so it seems random and I haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong.

I've cracked a few delivery types that I can spam and take wickets with which leaves it abit annoying being able to bowl at an average of under 15 when I can't score more than 15 runs.

My last comments about the bowling was the fact that rather than trying to provide help someone told me it's because my batting all rounders batting skill is so low but that makes no sense as to why I can take 7fers and hattricks when my bowling skill is just as low. Just trying to point out I don't think it's intended about low skill of my career player causing the batting issues when the low skill doesn't impact the bowling. I know it's something I'm doing but it's frustrating that the game doesn't really let me see or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

And people who haven't played posted saying the people complaining just want it do be easy which isn't the case, I don't mind failing so long as I can tell why I am failing and try to work on that, when I first started 2k games I couldn't make a shot or dribble move to save my life but I could tell what exactly I was getting wrong which meant I could try to fix it.

I haven't tried other camera angles yet so I might try and see if broadcast helps me tonight. Don't get me wrong though, even with the bugs (which will be fixed) and the issues I'm having with the batting system I still had a blast playing it. I got home at 4pm and played it right through to 10:30pm when I realised I hadn't stopped to eat dinner and my girlfriend had gone to bed because we had work early in the morning.

outbreak
04-03-2014, 07:35 PM
have you been playing it? How are you finding it?

nightprowler10
04-04-2014, 07:52 PM
have you been playing it? How are you finding it?
Nope. Just ordered it today via an Amazon reseller. It'll be at least another week before I'll get it.

outbreak
04-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Nope. Just ordered it today via an Amazon reseller. It'll be at least another week before I'll get it.
I still haven't gotten higher than 19 runs in career. Most of the time I pass 10 I get out playing a straight block or get run out from my batsmen sliding in safe but a bug that makes you step out of tge crease when you stand up automatically which frustrates the hell out of me.

JohnFreeman
04-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Play Star Wars battlefront 2 today

memories.

Le Shaqtus
04-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Play Star Wars battlefront 2 today

memories.

I need to get that, God damn that game was so f*cking good.

Shade8780
04-05-2014, 03:04 PM
I need to get that, God damn that game was so f*cking good.
just wait for the new battlefront next year.

Le Shaqtus
04-05-2014, 03:47 PM
just wait for the new battlefront next year.

Next year is a ways away.

Wavves
04-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Been getting back into State of Decay. Fun game

CarlosBoozer
04-06-2014, 03:02 AM
Thinking of hosting an ISH Day Z survival tournament, bad thing is I live in the Philippines :facepalm

$LakerGold
04-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Thinking of hosting an ISH Day Z survival tournament, bad thing is I live in the Philippines :facepalm
You part of PPS?

CarlosBoozer
04-06-2014, 11:41 AM
What dat :O

Shade8780
04-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Next year is a year away.
fixed.

CarlosBoozer
04-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Finished Infamous :)

Le Shaqtus
04-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Just got infamous today.

It's bloody awesome, but I find myself freeing all the districts before I do any actual missions :oldlol:

outbreak
04-07-2014, 07:09 PM

Played don bradmans cricket all weekend. Finished a season on a bowling all rounder, end of the year and I had 49 wickets at an average of 6 with the ball in the shield, my t20 average was also under 10 and my one day average was around 15 from memory, batting averages were all under 18 which was my highest in the one dayers. I've kind of figured out a way to make runs now and then by batting right across my stumps and just playing everything off the pads to the leg side, made a 77 off 55 in a one day game batting at 7 and on a new number 4 batsman I've made a 66 in the first innnings of his debut shield game and had to leave for work before I could play the second innings. Those are my only 50s and I still didn't feel confident while making them. The system really feels unnecessarily clumsy and combined with getting out through bugs it's really frustrating.

It is a great feeling when you make some runs and is as stressful as real life but it's just un realistic how you have to bat to make the runs and it's insane that defensive shots are much harder than just playing regular run scoring shots. I found once I stopped playing defensive shots I did far better, I think it's because when you mistime a defensive shot you always get LBW or bowled whereas a mistimed by correct footwork regular shot still connects and usually just doesn't go where you've aimed or doesn't stay on the ground.

Qwyjibo
04-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Finished the Bioshock 2 main story. Now just gong through the Minerva's Den DLC. I can see why I didn't like this game too much when it first came out. It was basically the exact same gameplay as Bioshock and seemed too soon after. Now, years later, it's still the same game but I appreciate the great story and deeper look into Rapture.

Also have on the go:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (3DS)

GTA 5 (PS3) - I lost interest in this for a while but now getting back into it to finish the story.

Dark Souls 2 (PS3) - Started it, but it's been put on hold for now until I get some of these other games out of the way.

$LakerGold
04-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Finished Infamous 2 & I lost interest on Black Flag; the missions were just so repetitive. Tell me if it gets better when you're at 75% of the way of completing the sstry-line cuz I sure as hell not playing it for the gameplay. Sailing or being a pirate is probably not my thing, but I find everything in this game boring. It was interesting at first, but throughout the entire time it gave me this arcade feeling, & it just got really boring. The bushes feels forced, & that's all I got to say about that.

Milking out mygm mode right now. I'm thinking of selling Infamous 2 & Black Flag.

Rose
04-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Just got infamous today.

It's bloody awesome, but I find myself freeing all the districts before I do any actual missions :oldlol:
It's what I did too.:lol

Can't wait till my semester is over in three weeks. Gonna finally sit down and finish inFamous and get Tomb Raider: DE completed.

nightprowler10
04-08-2014, 04:19 PM
Played don bradmans cricket all weekend. Finished a season on a bowling all rounder, end of the year and I had 49 wickets at an average of 6 with the ball in the shield, my t20 average was also under 10 and my one day average was around 15 from memory, batting averages were all under 18 which was my highest in the one dayers. I've kind of figured out a way to make runs now and then by batting right across my stumps and just playing everything off the pads to the leg side, made a 77 off 55 in a one day game batting at 7 and on a new number 4 batsman I've made a 66 in the first innnings of his debut shield game and had to leave for work before I could play the second innings. Those are my only 50s and I still didn't feel confident while making them. The system really feels unnecessarily clumsy and combined with getting out through bugs it's really frustrating.

It is a great feeling when you make some runs and is as stressful as real life but it's just un realistic how you have to bat to make the runs and it's insane that defensive shots are much harder than just playing regular run scoring shots. I found once I stopped playing defensive shots I did far better, I think it's because when you mistime a defensive shot you always get LBW or bowled whereas a mistimed by correct footwork regular shot still connects and usually just doesn't go where you've aimed or doesn't stay on the ground.
Still waiting for my copy but the bowling seems way too easy and batting too difficult. What difficulty are you on? What did you think of Matt's review?

outbreak
04-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Still waiting for my copy but the bowling seems way too easy and batting too difficult. What difficulty are you on? What did you think of Matt's review?

Didn't read it fully, to be honest a lot of reviews over there seem to be in love with bigant and are overlooking the games issues. You seem people posting that others need to learn how to play and spend more time but then they go on in other threads about how they have to only play leg side shots, move across the stumps and ignore the back foot to make runs which isn't exactly a glowing recommendation when you need to bat in an unrealistic style to succeed. I've been playing career on pro (the lowest), made a few scores over 50 but while it's exciting and an achievement at no point do I feel like I'm fully in control which really bothers me, too often I get into the 30s and think I'm settled only to go out to a buggy run out, a super human catch or the game will have me playing a poorly directed stroke but I look down and my stick isn't pointed to what it registered at all. The system they have chosen isn't terrible I just think it isn't accurate enough right now for what they are trying to achieve with footwork and stroke play. I'm also bored of bowling, I've been mainly playing on pro with the bowling hud off and recently a bit on veteran but even on veteran once your used to the timing of your release batsmen still play stupid shots and you take a load of wickets. In all honesty even though I've had a bit of fun I'd probably return the game to EB right now and wait for the PC release when it's patched, adding in the fact that the graphics look like a 360 launch game, the screen has the worst tearing I've ever seen and the game has quite a bit of lag and it's pretty much only going to find appeal with die hard cricket fans. I couldn't recommend it to a casual fan like I could NBA2k, fifa, madden, nhl etc. I've also had games where I bat out for an hour and a half for what should be a draw but the game decides I've lost even with wickets in hand, or batted for 45 minutes only to go out to a bug. I also finished my first season and it wouldn't even let me play the last 4 shield games and one games, I was top of the tables and looking forward to the finals but nope can't play them. Pretty frustrated with it now.

I've just started playing crono-trigger on my 3ds. I never played it in the snes era but I played a bit of it probably 8 years ago on emulation. Pretty good game so far.

Le Shaqtus
04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
It's what I did too.:lol

Can't wait till my semester is over in three weeks. Gonna finally sit down and finish inFamous and get Tomb Raider: DE completed.

Just freed all the districts and I JUST got the video power, it's pretty awesome.

I've collected all the shards in the game (minus the one in uptown you can't get until the final mission :facepalm )so I can pretty much power up most of the stuff I want.

I want to do an evil run, but hate making bad choices :lol

$LakerGold
04-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Good or Evil karma?

You'll get unlimited sprint for neon level 3 - Evil. It's sick. The only reason why I chose evil. Lol

Le Shaqtus
04-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Good or Evil karma?

You'll get unlimited sprint for neon level 3 - Evil. It's sick. The only reason why I chose evil. Lol

Really? Cuz I have good karma and I have unlimited sprint for neon too, weird.

Neon is the one I use most anyway.

$LakerGold
04-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Really? Cuz I have good karma and I have unlimited sprint for neon too, weird.

Neon is the one I use most anyway.
Seriously?

nightprowler10
04-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Didn't read it fully, to be honest a lot of reviews over there seem to be in love with bigant and are overlooking the games issues. You seem people posting that others need to learn how to play and spend more time but then they go on in other threads about how they have to only play leg side shots, move across the stumps and ignore the back foot to make runs which isn't exactly a glowing recommendation when you need to bat in an unrealistic style to succeed. I've been playing career on pro (the lowest), made a few scores over 50 but while it's exciting and an achievement at no point do I feel like I'm fully in control which really bothers me, too often I get into the 30s and think I'm settled only to go out to a buggy run out, a super human catch or the game will have me playing a poorly directed stroke but I look down and my stick isn't pointed to what it registered at all. The system they have chosen isn't terrible I just think it isn't accurate enough right now for what they are trying to achieve with footwork and stroke play. I'm also bored of bowling, I've been mainly playing on pro with the bowling hud off and recently a bit on veteran but even on veteran once your used to the timing of your release batsmen still play stupid shots and you take a load of wickets. In all honesty even though I've had a bit of fun I'd probably return the game to EB right now and wait for the PC release when it's patched, adding in the fact that the graphics look like a 360 launch game, the screen has the worst tearing I've ever seen and the game has quite a bit of lag and it's pretty much only going to find appeal with die hard cricket fans. I couldn't recommend it to a casual fan like I could NBA2k, fifa, madden, nhl etc. I've also had games where I bat out for an hour and a half for what should be a draw but the game decides I've lost even with wickets in hand, or batted for 45 minutes only to go out to a bug. I also finished my first season and it wouldn't even let me play the last 4 shield games and one games, I was top of the tables and looking forward to the finals but nope can't play them. Pretty frustrated with it now.
While this is disappointing to read, a lot of these bugs are eerily similar to the 2K10 where they tried career mode for the first time. I never expected a bug free game, just a good game that reinvented the mechanics well enough to be enjoyable and not easy to master like IC10, and something either they or others could build upon. I do think that they've done a good job of being present and have worked out a patch already for a few important issues. This is already more than anybody ever did for a cricket game.

Heavincent
04-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Anybody here play The Wolf Among Us? It's from Telltale, which is the company that makes The Walking Dead games. It's pretty damn good.

EnoughSaid
04-09-2014, 11:45 PM
I got my PS4 back in late December as a holiday gift and got Black Flag and Fifa along with it. I've been sooo busy with school and extra shit that I've barely had time to play. Have started it back up now and am at 90% on AC4 with two sequences left to go. Need to find these two last treasure maps and go back and fully complete the missions I missed.

Will try to pick up Infamous pretty soon and try to finish it before Watch Dogs comes out.

lilgodfather1
04-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Xbox getting good discounts in euro land. Might be a good time to jump in, also amazon.de (Germany) is doing a flash sale of xbox one, and certain games today. No price listed yet. They ship all over Europe so it could be a good deal.

Edit: that said, with all these discounts lately worldwide, even here in canada, where ps4 price went up... Seems an official pricecut has to be coming at e3.

EricGordon23
04-11-2014, 02:53 PM
has anyone played tomb raider for ps3 is it any good was about to play it.

lilgodfather1
04-11-2014, 03:30 PM
has anyone played tomb raider for ps3 is it any good was about to play it.
Just ps4 personally. It isn't bad, has a good bit of content in it. Not a tomb raider fan so can't comment on how it stacks up to previous entries, but I liked it.

Kungfro
04-12-2014, 12:58 AM
The ps2 title Persona 4 just came out on psn, highly recommended for any jrpg fan.

Le Shaqtus
04-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Starting my evil Infamous playthrough today.

Hopefully I'll get the rest of the trophies in this playthrough too.

Qwyjibo
04-12-2014, 11:20 PM
The ps2 title Persona 4 just came out on psn, highly recommended for any jrpg fan.
I might grab that eventually. I've just recent started getting into the SMT series on 3DS with Devil Survivor and SMT4.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Been wasting hours with King Arthur's Gold. The game is stupid addicting. It's so simple, with just enough open source, quirks that will irritate the hell out of you, and a good active community.

These games always get to me. Like Altitude.

Ai2death
04-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Finally got time to play & finish the DLC for Last Of Us, one word... Amazing.

Spoilers:

I knew that Ellies friend was going to die as mentioned in the original game, so playing it was always in the back of my mind, but the way they had the events leading up to it was perfect.

The atmosphere was perfect, though I was confused at first at why Joel & Ellie were in a mall when in the game, they were in a house garage, but then it made sense at the end that this was a mid way point between the Fire Fly lab & the house.

The only thing that would have been cool was to see Ellies friend turn and that part of the story play out. Instead it's left up to the imagination. Did Ellie kill her friend? I don't know and I can't recall it ever coming up in the original story.

treadster
04-14-2014, 04:36 AM
playing SMT3: nocturne. this game is difficult as hell on hard, just finished beating matador.

Shade8780
04-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Just finished AC: Brotherhood. That ending doe :applause: I can't really decide whether I preferred BH or II, but both are amazing games.

I think I'm gonna start Uncharted 2 tonight or tomorrow, and then pick up inFamous: SS. I want to get that done before Watch Dogs comes out. I'll play the rest of the ACs and Uncharteds during the summer I guess.

glidedrxlr22
04-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Metal Gear Rising's Mistral and Monsoon combo boss fight has got me on the verge of snapping my controller in two! :banghead: I can get by Mistral easily with plenty of health pakcs to pick up. It's that bastard Monsoon who's a b!tch. The sucky part is when he goes into purple mode and I can't always target him to stun him with the sais. I've gotten him to 15% and then he goes into boss cheat mode.....fukc....:mad:

Derka
04-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Currently head-over-heels in the closed beta for EverQuest Next Landmark.

outbreak
04-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Currently head-over-heels in the closed beta for EverQuest Next Landmark.
Bah I wish I was in it.

nightprowler10
04-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Just finished AC: Brotherhood. That ending doe :applause: I can't really decide whether I preferred BH or II, but both are amazing games.

I think I'm gonna start Uncharted 2 tonight or tomorrow, and then pick up inFamous: SS. I want to get that done before Watch Dogs comes out. I'll play the rest of the ACs and Uncharteds during the summer I guess.
Well for AC, I think you definitely played the best ones.

@outbreak: Got DBC 14 man. I've been playing on career mode as much as I can and it's a lot of fun. Bowling definitely very easy though but I'm enjoying it so far since I know this'll be my throwaway career mode before the patches. The ball physics is great and I've been starving for a game that gave us that. I love watching interactive replays and looking for different seam positions depending on how I hold the LS.

But yeah the concerns you mentioned earlier are valid. I've been very cognizant of the run out issue so I learned to press cancel after every shot which has basically eliminated runouts for me. I don't bat much in career mode, but when I do I've made it a habit to cancel and it's helped tremendously. The AI batting is depressingly stupid though.

The first patch is planned for either this week or early next week to fix a few things though.

For all the praise that is handed out at PC.net, the official review has been pretty balanced. I don't like the higher score, I think barmyarmy padded the score because of the longevity factor, but the review itself is spot on IMO.

Brujesino
04-16-2014, 01:49 AM
I bought the walking dead 400 days dlc it was on special so i got for 2 bucks.It was short but it was decent.

Probably buy season 2 tomorrow

Kungfro
04-18-2014, 12:06 AM
A big update just came out for FTL, I could see myself sinking a ton of time into it again.

outbreak
04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Well for AC, I think you definitely played the best ones.

@outbreak: Got DBC 14 man. I've been playing on career mode as much as I can and it's a lot of fun. Bowling definitely very easy though but I'm enjoying it so far since I know this'll be my throwaway career mode before the patches. The ball physics is great and I've been starving for a game that gave us that. I love watching interactive replays and looking for different seam positions depending on how I hold the LS.

But yeah the concerns you mentioned earlier are valid. I've been very cognizant of the run out issue so I learned to press cancel after every shot which has basically eliminated runouts for me. I don't bat much in career mode, but when I do I've made it a habit to cancel and it's helped tremendously. The AI batting is depressingly stupid though.

The first patch is planned for either this week or early next week to fix a few things though.

For all the praise that is handed out at PC.net, the official review has been pretty balanced. I don't like the higher score, I think barmyarmy padded the score because of the longevity factor, but the review itself is spot on IMO.

The more I play the more I wish I could get my money back. The game really is a total mess. The patch hasnt fixed anything. Players still try to hit the stumps all the time rather than throw to the keeper which means now they miss more often which then goes as an over throw with the fielder again having a ping at the stumps which can then chain another over throw. Thry haven't fixed the super human fielders, the broken diving, the broken canceling runs, broken bowler fatigue, the running over lay not synching with where your actually running, the batting ai being retards and the whole batting system being play it off your pads to the leg side = win. Really over the game and find it too tedious to play now.

$LakerGold
04-24-2014, 12:20 AM
May 27. We're almost there.

lilgodfather1
04-24-2014, 08:40 PM
May 27. We're almost there.
Ya only a month away :( . Launch period blows. At least if treyarchs cod was coming out this year I would have something to give me 1500 hours over the next year or so, but damned sledgehammer of course releasing in 2014. God I even played about 40 days of black ops 2 zombies, and I didn't like any of the maps other than tranzit... 38 days worth of tranzit, pretty much all within the time of release to the first map pack lol.

$LakerGold
04-24-2014, 09:16 PM
I wish they would just bring back the modern warefare series. Ghost started to feel like a mixture of Battlefield & Halo; with all the super modern technologies they added in the game. I just wish they would release every two, instead of every year.

$LakerGold
04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Watch Dogs 2014

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/04/watch_dogs_dualshock_4.jpg

$LakerGold
04-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Latest Watch Dogs multiplayer gameplay. 4/23/14

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/23/watch-dogs-multiplayer-walkthrough-video-released/

Qwyjibo
04-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Looks like Watch Dogs might be the first game that totally over-matches my almost 4 year old PC. I might have to upgrade before Witcher 3 comes out.

outbreak
04-25-2014, 09:42 PM
playing the first phoenix wright at the moment. Just finished the case where you cross examine a parrot. Loving it, great game. I've already got justice for all, trials and tribulations and apollo justice waiting to be played once I finish this off. Also just finished the original professor layton trilogy, man the ds had some great adventure type games. So happy with my decision to get a 3ds.

Kungfro
04-27-2014, 06:24 PM
playing the first phoenix wright at the moment. Just finished the case where you cross examine a parrot. Loving it, great game. I've already got justice for all, trials and tribulations and apollo justice waiting to be played once I finish this off. Also just finished the original professor layton trilogy, man the ds had some great adventure type games. So happy with my decision to get a 3ds.

If you like the Phoenix Wright games you should check out a DS title called Ghost Trick. It was made by the creator of the Ace Attorney series, and is in my opinion one of the best game on the DS. The story has so many crazy twists, really worth checking out.

outbreak
04-27-2014, 06:40 PM
If you like the Phoenix Wright games you should check out a DS title called Ghost Trick. It was made by the creator of the Ace Attorney series, and is in my opinion one of the best game on the DS. The story has so many crazy twists, really worth checking out.
Yeah that's on my list of games to buy. I'm up to the last case now, the added one for the ds bundle, feels a bit tacked on and has had a few moments where I've been stuck with evidence I knew I wanted to use but couldn't use it at points I thought it fit. In the original 4 cases I thought they did a good job of guessing how a player would play but the last case feels off.

nightprowler10
04-29-2014, 06:42 PM
The more I play the more I wish I could get my money back. The game really is a total mess. The patch hasnt fixed anything. Players still try to hit the stumps all the time rather than throw to the keeper which means now they miss more often which then goes as an over throw with the fielder again having a ping at the stumps which can then chain another over throw. Thry haven't fixed the super human fielders, the broken diving, the broken canceling runs, broken bowler fatigue, the running over lay not synching with where your actually running, the batting ai being retards and the whole batting system being play it off your pads to the leg side = win. Really over the game and find it too tedious to play now.
So I've been playing it a bit more in career mode, and while all of what you say is true, the patch wasn't meant to fix any of those things, just the fielders' ability to constantly hit the stumps, the linking issues, and viewing the field. The second patch is supposed to address a wide variety of issues, though I get the feeling a third patch will be needed.

Despite all the issues, I still find it to be very enjoyable in career mode. Bowling gets way too easy sometimes, but the better teams will still clobber you. I think I might have lower standards than you after years and years of playing shitty cricket games.

Le Shaqtus
05-02-2014, 01:55 PM
100% trophies in Infamous Second Son

Feels good man

$LakerGold
05-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Just spent 10 hours playing Company of Heroes. Each sessions took like 1h - 1h and 30 mins. :lol

Lost 2 in a row 1v1 & 2v2. Won my 1st battle just now. About to hop on 4v4 :lol

This shit is addicting.:lol Getting sick pays off!!!

$LakerGold
05-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Anyone wanna play DotA 2 on steam later?

outbreak
05-12-2014, 06:55 PM
So I've been playing it a bit more in career mode, and while all of what you say is true, the patch wasn't meant to fix any of those things, just the fielders' ability to constantly hit the stumps, the linking issues, and viewing the field. The second patch is supposed to address a wide variety of issues, though I get the feeling a third patch will be needed.

Despite all the issues, I still find it to be very enjoyable in career mode. Bowling gets way too easy sometimes, but the better teams will still clobber you. I think I might have lower standards than you after years and years of playing shitty cricket games.

I've completely dropped that game until the next patch, playing from the pavilion and battrick now for my cricket fix.

On a different note what's with all the news stories about nintendo completely dropping support for the wii u in the last few days? Is it still just writers making opinions based on the financials or was there actual rumours/news about it being possible?

Qwyjibo
05-12-2014, 10:34 PM
I just beat Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. First SMT game that I've ever played and it was awesome. The tactical RPG combat wasn't anywhere near as deep as a Fire Emblem game but the demon system added a lot. I really liked the branching story line too.

jaydacris
05-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Microsoft just announced they are gonna sell the Xbox one without kinect for 399

ballup
05-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Microsoft just announced they are gonna sell the Xbox one without kinect for 399
Now if they could only get that backwards compatability going

lilgodfather1
05-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah starting june 9th, april sales must have been under January's sales.

Funny thing is this is actually a much worse deal then the 450 titanfall +a year of live deal that was available last month. Basically, as predicted xbox is in serious trouble. The ps4 may get up a million sales in the us on xbox before the price drop comes in to effect.

Brujo
05-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Still going to wait for E3 to make my decision.

Shade8780
05-13-2014, 04:56 PM
ps4 da bess.

Shade8780
05-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Still going to wait for E3 to make my decision.
why did you get yourself banned you facking ***??

Brujo
05-13-2014, 05:15 PM
why did you get yourself banned you facking ***??
5 more days and ill be back

Shade8780
05-13-2014, 05:48 PM
5 more days and ill be back
woo.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Dead Island any good?

Humble Bundle doing a 14 in 14 type thing. Saints Row 3, Saints Roy 2, Risen 2, Sacred 2, Dead Island, Saints Row 3 DLC, Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel.

Played Saints Row and it isn't my thing. Risen and Sacred look more rpg than I normally play. Not sure what metro is and that Citadel game looks like shit. So $6 for Dead island? $9 for that stuff and Dead Island Riptide.

Worth it?

lilgodfather1
05-13-2014, 08:04 PM
Dead Island any good?

Humble Bundle doing a 14 in 14 type thing. Saints Row 3, Saints Roy 2, Risen 2, Sacred 2, Dead Island, Saints Row 3 DLC, Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel.

Played Saints Row and it isn't my thing. Risen and Sacred look more rpg than I normally play. Not sure what metro is and that Citadel game looks like shit. So $6 for Dead island? $9 for that stuff and Dead Island Riptide.

Worth it?
I liked it personally. Lot of mindless fun. No real amazing story or anything, pretty much like dead rising (I assume from videos of dr3) if I am not mistaken. Riptide was a lot better imho than the original.

Kungfro
05-14-2014, 12:00 PM
I've been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac recently. Unlocked all characters, and have beaten the cathedral. Now I'm working on the challenges. The big update they're working on looks awesome, can't wait for it to come out.

jaydacris
05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Transistor came out today

From the same people who made Bastion

Heavincent
05-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Got Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 5 bucks. It's pretty cool.

Qwyjibo
05-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Transistor came out today

From the same people who made Bastion
Supergiant Games can have all my moneys. Bastion is one of my all-time faves. I can't wait to start Transistor.

Kungfro
05-28-2014, 02:23 PM
I've been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac recently. Unlocked all characters, and have beaten the cathedral. Now I'm working on the challenges. The big update they're working on looks awesome, can't wait for it to come out.

Finally beat Mom's heart with ???, got x-ray specs at the start which made it possible. Now I'm working towards beating "the chest", as well as a couple other challenges. I don't know what it is about that game but I find it incredibly addicting.

Also started 999 the other day, seems interesting so far.

Ai2death
05-28-2014, 07:42 PM
I don't get why open world games don't let you alter your appearance/clothing some times. Like the Witcher, i have never played it, but every game play footage I've seen is always the same.
I think pretty much almost every game made should have at least clothing changes. Especially games where the guy wears the same gear the whole time.

Qwyjibo
05-28-2014, 10:55 PM
The Binding of Isaac is awesome. It's a bit annoying that it takes quite a bit of luck because you're not winning some games without the right items. But you just keep going back for more. I think I beat it with every character but there's still like 3 or 4 items that I never unlocked.

I've been playing Transistor and it's great. It doesn't have that immediate charm and pull that Bastion did but that's a tough act to follow. The overall story and mystery of what happened to the world is the big positive in this game so far. The combat is excellent as well.

Brujesino
05-31-2014, 07:42 PM
anyone play Warface? its a free to play shooter gonna try it right now.

nightprowler10
06-03-2014, 10:44 AM
I've completely dropped that game until the next patch, playing from the pavilion and battrick now for my cricket fix.

Patch 2 coming it looks like:

FIXES
- Bug fixes for general gameplay.
- Bug fixes for commentary & sound.
- Bug fixes online issues with regards to latency when batting and bowling.
- Various crash bug fixes.
- Fix for names and numbers not showing on kits.
- Fix for clean bowled not being given out.
- Fix for fielding restrictions not being adhered to.
- Fixes for run out issues.
- Fixed P40 Competition to use correct format in Career.
- Fixed matches playing out time to end as draw.
- Fixed replays to show more relevant plays, less cuts, new angles.
- Fixed saves/XP being lost after playing local multiplayer.
- Fixed rain delayed matches giving wrong results.
- Fixed wickets not being uprooted from being bowled and only on fielder throws.
- Fixed an instance of "Umpire's Call" giving wrong decision.
- Fix for save copy ignoring links not working correctly.
- Fixed crediting 12th man despite not playing.
- Fix for square umpire raising arm on don't bowl signal.
- Fix for ball rolling along ground being called caught.
- Fix for bowler selection issues.

TUNING
- Tuning of fielder speeds and catches.
- Tuning of ball speed in outfield.
- Tuning of batter difficulty.
- Tuning of AI batting mentality.
- Tuning of AI running mentality.
- Tuning of confidence to carry through matches and innings.
- Tuning field placements.
- Tuning of bowler speeds.
- Tuning of stamina/fatigue
- Tuned time of ball and over count to end days at proper times.

ADDITIONS
- Added Rookie and Amateur difficulty level options to career and will not post to leaderboards.
- Added option of starting career at age 16, 21, 26 or 31 years old.
- Added Practice Nets to career.
- Added Tournament Mode to online.
- Added Bowling Assistance HUD on all difficulties.
- Added Bowling Assistance Audio on all difficulties.
- Added Fielding 1 camera to 'Running Camera' in Career.
- Added simulate option for Tours.
- Added stadium select on Tours.
- Added leave button to A (360/PC) & X (PS3).
- Added batter walk on in Career.
- Added link icon for linked players & teams in Academy.

VARIOUS CHANGES
- Option to take win/loss for online matches that finish early (disconnect).
- Fielders no longer take bails off if batsman are safe.
- Stats now accrue for players in career.
- Five/Five is now default online Quick Match type.
- Two second delay to bowling in online to allow lookaround.
- Turning off Arial Marker turns circle off in the field.

Kungfro
06-16-2014, 12:33 AM
Picked up a gamecube off of Kajiji along with a few games. Standouts being Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Starfox Adventures, Mario Sunshine, Need for speed underground, and Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. Also game with a gameboy player which was a nice surprise, until I found out you need the bootup disc which is missing.

Kungfro
06-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Expiration Date (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU)

MP.Trey
08-03-2014, 01:15 AM
10 hours into Dragon Age: Origins right now and have hardly cracked any of the main quest. How did miss this game when it first came out? Got that and DA2 in preparation for Inquisition cause I heard good things about the game/franchise. Straight addicted right now.

LBJFTW
08-11-2014, 06:31 PM
anyone play Warface? its a free to play shooter gonna try it right now.

Game is filled with novices. I'm a level 20 and getting first place 8/10 times against level 30-35 players who have much better guns and armor.

How fun.

Shade8780
08-18-2014, 04:51 PM
I've been going wayy back and playing my old WWE games. Started Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth season mode with Booker T a few weeks ago and even though I started off slow, I'm ****ing addicted now. There's two years in it, but I've been going through months per day recently. Just got to Wrestlemania in 2003 and have one year left to go. I plan to play the rest of the season modes in the other games when I'm done.

TheWINdyCity
08-18-2014, 06:09 PM
10 hours into Dragon Age: Origins right now and have hardly cracked any of the main quest. How did miss this game when it first came out? Got that and DA2 in preparation for Inquisition cause I heard good things about the game/franchise. Straight addicted right now.

:cheers: agreed dragon age origins was addicitng as hell for me as well. Unfortunately while still good dragon age 2 does not live up to the hype of the original.

JimmyMcAdocious
08-18-2014, 07:54 PM
I've been going wayy back and playing my old WWE games. Started Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth season mode with Booker T a few weeks ago and even though I started off slow, I'm ****ing addicted now. There's two years in it, but I've been going through months per day recently. Just got to Wrestlemania in 2003 and have one year left to go. I plan to play the rest of the season modes in the other games when I'm done.

64 had the best Wrestling games.

No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, WCW vs NWO Revenge, WCW vs NWO World Tour, and WCW Nitro.

That was all my shit. Back when I gave wrestling a second of my time. I think it was Wrestlemania 2000 was the one with a create a wrestler mode. GOAT wrestling game.

Made me want to find some of my old video games.

http://i57.tinypic.com/mj4lev.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/sB2trIi.jpg)

One box. Missing a lot of games and some handheld stuff. Also the consoles... They're somewhere.

Found the Gameboy, GBC, and GBA. Lot of random games in mint because of those thick individual game plastic containers. A bunch from Japan since I had an uncle there who would just send me and my brother video games all the time. Would try to find how much some of them are worth, but damn if I'm not lazy. Guessing some of these old Gameboy Pokemon games are worth something.

Damn some of these games were expensive as ****. All my boxes still have the original price tags on them. GoldenEye was 76.99??

Shade8780
08-19-2014, 07:45 AM
They're way before my time. My first wrestling game was the GOAT, HCTP, and I was only 4 or 5 then. I remember watching my sister and brother playing huge elimination chamber matches, it was great.

Ai2death
08-27-2014, 05:29 PM
64 had the best Wrestling games.

No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, WCW vs NWO Revenge, WCW vs NWO World Tour, and WCW Nitro.

That was all my shit. Back when I gave wrestling a second of my time. I think it was Wrestlemania 2000 was the one with a create a wrestler mode. GOAT wrestling game.

Made me want to find some of my old video games.

One box. Missing a lot of games and some handheld stuff. Also the consoles... They're somewhere.

Found the Gameboy, GBC, and GBA. Lot of random games in mint because of those thick individual game plastic containers. A bunch from Japan since I had an uncle there who would just send me and my brother video games all the time. Would try to find how much some of them are worth, but damn if I'm not lazy. Guessing some of these old Gameboy Pokemon games are worth something.

Damn some of these games were expensive as ****. All my boxes still have the original price tags on them. GoldenEye was 76.99??

With the boxes in decent condition you can sell N64 for quite a bit its ridiculous!

nightprowler10
10-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Has anyone played Injustice Mobile? Holy crap this **** is addictive.

Kungfro
10-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Bayonetta 2 reviewing really well, I'm gonna have to pick that up soon.

Rose
10-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Bayonetta 2 reviewing really well, I'm gonna have to pick that up soon.
demo's on the eshop. Downloading as we speak just because of the reviews.

Timmy D for MVP
10-17-2014, 02:19 AM
I'd forgotten how much fun Jet Set Radio can be until I recently beat it again.

I'd had wonderful memories of it, and had run a couple levels here and there since I got it off PSN, but then I sat down and just played. And played and played and played. I miss games like that.

Kungfro
10-18-2014, 10:37 PM
I'd forgotten how much fun Jet Set Radio can be until I recently beat it again.

I'd had wonderful memories of it, and had run a couple levels here and there since I got it off PSN, but then I sat down and just played. And played and played and played. I miss games like that.

Sunset Overdrive has a similar look to it and is coming out soon, it's an Xbox one exlusive though.

CeltsGarlic
10-22-2014, 01:42 AM
New middle earth game is great. Gets boring at times, but it is a lot like AC, so thats a good thing.

Shade8780
12-14-2014, 01:45 PM
With The Phantom Pain coming out this year and the Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection collecting dust in my bedroom, I decided to finally start the MGS series. I've began with the original Metal Gear Solid, which I got from the Playstation Store on PS3 as a PSOne Classic, and I'm having a blast so far.

It's pretty f*cking hard, but unlike most games nowadays, I constantly have the urge to play it. I'd play it for a while, decide to get off at a hard boss battle or something, look up the walkthrough, and then suddenly have an urge to play it again. The graphics are very outdated, but I love all the stealth and the crazy story. I'm only about a quarter way through the game, but it feels like I'm much further.

outbreak
12-14-2014, 04:55 PM
New middle earth game is great. Gets boring at times, but it is a lot like AC, so thats a good thing.

I started this on the weekend. About 5 or 6 hours in. Seems pretty good but the combat system feels far clunkier and less reliant on timing or skill than I thought it would be but it seems balanced out by how easy it has been so far. Seems if you prepare well you can take on most things fairly easily. I did have trouble with one warchief though who was immune to everything except ranged attacks and finishers but I figured out if I got him against a wall on his own I could spam throwing knives until he was on low hp then just walk up and execute him with the quick time even thing.

Timmy D for MVP
12-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Super Time Force is a good game, but not quite as manic as I had imagined. Some of the bosses are pretty cool though and the clock being the biggest factor is cool. I guess I just pictured it really hearkening back to super duper hard games.

That's my fault not the game's. It's a fun title.

$LakerGold
12-16-2014, 04:55 AM
Contemplating if whether I should get Last Of Us Remastered for the PS4. I've been playing the first act on the PS3 numerous amount of times for various reasons. I just don't want to go through it and play it all over again. I bought a PS4 just to play Watch Dogs, but before that, there wasn't really any game worth playing which is why I waited to buy a PS4 until Watch Dogs came out, & that game was just terrible. I liked it at first, but to think about it now, it was all hype, everything was so repetitive.

I'm also thinking about getting GTA 5 again, but for the PS4. $60 for a new first person camera view? LULZ

Any games that you guys recommend? I'll be off for a week, so I want to spend hours playing my PS4. I'm playing Outlast atm & it's really good.

Phantom Pain needs to hurry up. I don't like the air support system, though, so cheesy.

outbreak
01-03-2015, 03:01 AM
Contemplating if whether I should get Last Of Us Remastered for the PS4. I've been playing the first act on the PS3 numerous amount of times for various reasons. I just don't want to go through it and play it all over again. I bought a PS4 just to play Watch Dogs, but before that, there wasn't really any game worth playing which is why I waited to buy a PS4 until Watch Dogs came out, & that game was just terrible. I liked it at first, but to think about it now, it was all hype, everything was so repetitive.

I'm also thinking about getting GTA 5 again, but for the PS4. $60 for a new first person camera view? LULZ

Any games that you guys recommend? I'll be off for a week, so I want to spend hours playing my PS4. I'm playing Outlast atm & it's really good.

Phantom Pain needs to hurry up. I don't like the air support system, though, so cheesy.

If you haven't played any multi plat games alien isolation, evil within, far cry 4, dragon age, shadow of mordor are all recent games I've enjoyed.

Timmy D for MVP
01-03-2015, 03:18 AM
Any Steam/holiday hauls?

I recently bought:

Playstation All-Stars
Budokai HD Remix
Metal Gear Rising Revengence

on PS3 and:

The Stanley Parable
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Star Wars Battlefront II
Skullgirls

off Steam.

Skullgirls is awesome!!! Revengence is awesome. Of course Budokai is awesome and Battlefront is a classic. Haven't dug into the indie games, nor All-Stars too much but I like what I see so far.

Kungfro
01-03-2015, 03:36 AM
Ended up picking up Oblivion with all the DLC for ten bucks in the steam sale.

$LakerGold
01-03-2015, 06:56 AM
I got Company of Heroes 2, Skyrim, Civilization 4 & 5 w/ expansion packs, & the forest from steam sale. I still haven't upgraded my gaming setup, so i'll finally buy one next week to play these. Getting an $800 MSI laptop.

@outbreak, I'll try Alien Isolation. Thanks.

Qwyjibo
01-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Shovel Knight was the only thing I bought from the Steam sale. I have way too many games to catch up on to buy any more right now.

GOBB
01-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Far Cry 4, worth picking up? Never played Far Cry series before.

outbreak
01-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Far Cry 4, worth picking up? Never played Far Cry series before.

Finished it yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. I had only played far cry 1 and a bit of far cry 2 before playing 4 and you don't need to know the series at all to get in to it as it's totally stand alone. The exploration in an open world makes it stand out amongst FPS games for me, like a mini skyrim with guns kind of.

GOBB
01-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Finished it yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. I had only played far cry 1 and a bit of far cry 2 before playing 4 and you don't need to know the series at all to get in to it as it's totally stand alone. The exploration in an open world makes it stand out amongst FPS games for me, like a mini skyrim with guns kind of.

Going to give it a try. Thanks. I like open world games.

Timmy D for MVP
01-12-2015, 03:00 AM
Yo Revengeance is hype! Platinum Games never failing.

outbreak
01-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I've been playing infamous first light through ps plus at the moment, it really reminds me of how bored and disappointed I was when I got to play second son. I hope bloodborne and no man's sky live up to the hype because after finishing little big planet 3 and the last of us in a week I don't have anything to play on my ps4 now so I'm back to the xbox one already. Anyone got anything else to recommend on the ps4? I've already played killzone at a friends and have driveclub but it sucks. I ended up getting the PS4 earlier than I expected (had some vouchers after christmas).

Also I still think the last of us is probably the most over rated game of all time, I enjoyed it but the AI is flat out bad, the level design is poor and the shooting mechanics suck. It's still a good game (mainly due to the story and characters, not the linear mediocre gameplay) but no idea how people\reviewers claimed it was one of the best games of all time :facepalm

Brujesino
01-15-2015, 06:51 PM
PSN is down way too much.

Kungfro
01-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Just got the best ending in Cave Story+, hell of a challenge to get through the last section.

Timmy D for MVP
01-26-2015, 05:02 AM
The Stanley Parable is one of the best games I've played in the last few years. To me the Portal series represents the closest anyone's ever been to a perfect video game (and is my favorite video game of all time, and yes I think of both as one game).

This comes as close to scratching that itch that separates Portal from everyone else; and reminds me so much of the wonder, thoughtfulness, humor, and fun I had when first playing Portal.

Is part of that because it's a Source engine mod? MAYBE! But is it a fantastic game? Absolutely. And I really really want to see more of what these guys are capable of, and more of these kinds of games in general. 5 stars. 10 stars. Two thumbs up.

Kungfro
02-03-2015, 04:31 AM
Video of a speedrunner playing through Psychonauts while the doublefine team watches, pretty cool watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDc1YVxHA0

nightprowler10
02-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Anyone played Swapper? I started playing it last night and I love it!

Timmy D for MVP
02-10-2015, 02:24 AM
I bought a Wii U and Smash.

Smash isn't actually the first game I wanted but it's the one I knew would get the most run and my brother and I or my gf and I can play and such.

But I will be purchasing The Wonderful 101 soon, along with Hyrule Warriors. Those are the games I wanted to sink my teeth into right away.

nightprowler10
02-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Anyone played Swapper? I started playing it last night and I love it!
Holy shit this was awesome.

Shade8780
02-18-2015, 05:04 PM
Any RPG/Star Wars fans here?

With the recent Star Wars Humble Bundles (http://s3.kotaku.com.br.s3-sa-east-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2015/02/star-wars_humble-bundle.jpg) that was released, I decided to play KotOR for the first time.

I don't think I've ever fully played an RPG before, so it's a good starting-point for me. That game and its sequel are regarded as some of the best of the genre.

$LakerGold
02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Curious. Has this thread been a big help or nah?

outbreak
02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Any RPG/Star Wars fans here?

With the recent Star Wars Humble Bundles (http://s3.kotaku.com.br.s3-sa-east-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/11/files/2015/02/star-wars_humble-bundle.jpg) that was released, I decided to play KotOR for the first time.

I don't think I've ever fully played an RPG before, so it's a good starting-point for me. That game and its sequel are regarded as some of the best of the genre.

KOTOR is one of my all time favourites. Really great game and one of the best story lines in gaming

nightprowler10
02-18-2015, 07:01 PM
They released on Android around Christmas. I think it's only $10 and I can play it on my Note 4.

Kungfro
02-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Holy shit this was awesome.

Yea Swapper was great. Which ending did you go for at the end?

$LakerGold
02-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Main page updated.

nightprowler10
02-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Yea Swapper was great. Which ending did you go for at the end?
I swapped with the rescue team guy. You walk into their ship which means the original character (which is now like a clone) walks off the cliff. In the ship you hear a conversation between other members of the crew commenting on the girl jumping off and how the guy you swap with seems odd now.

I really want to play it again to see what the other ending entails.

One thing that confused me was who the other lady actually was. Was the playable character a former clone? Are they two different people altogether?

KobesFinger
02-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Could there ever be another Matrix game? The last ones were on PS2 and X-Box

$LakerGold
03-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Anyone have the game "The Forest"?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242760

Bought GTA V for the PS4 just to hunt, now the game's trash. F*cku, Joe Rogan.

JimmyMcAdocious
04-03-2015, 08:18 PM

Was cleaning out under the stairs and found the other container of my old shit. Haven't gone through it yet, but already found the 64, PS2, old games... Yeah, between that and the Final Four I am so not leaving the house this weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/LFuQOBXl.jpg (http://imgur.com/LFuQOBX)

--

Couple things:

1) I was a spoiled ass kid. There must have been at least 80 games in that container, and I know I had a hell of a lot more. GBA, GBC, GB, 64, PS2, PS, Wonderswan, even had a cartridge of NES Bad News Bear and Genesis Sonic (even though I know I haven't had either system in decades). Probably around 15 controllers. 4 64, a PS, 2 dual shock PS2, 3 Gamecube, a few off those off brand ones. One was a wireless Gamestop controller for god knows what. Two were turbo ones for I think the PS2? Still had the Pokemon stadium pack with my Pokemon red inside it. And like 10 memory cards, only 64.

2) I went through three 360 red rings of death. Had to replacement one One once in less than a year of owning it already. The 64 still worked like brand new and the PS2 disc drive was a little slow, but after opening it closing a few times it was effortless.

3) Pokemon Snap and GTA San Andreas are still seriously awesome. I got to get into Mario 64. I didn't like it when I first played but I watched a video of it a couple months ago and been itching to try it out again.

$LakerGold
04-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Any games you guys are looking forward to?

Kungfro
04-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Any games you guys are looking forward to?

I think Splatoon looks interesting.

Timmy D for MVP
05-28-2015, 03:23 AM
Super bummed that my HRAP 3 is not supported.

There's a converter out there but idk if it's worth it yet. I'll have to see if SFV and Tekken support it in their drivers but idk why the PS4 can't just support it outright (outside of trying to sell more sticks).If the PS4 version of SFIV doesn't support it I might have to get that converter.

Shade8780
07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Stopped playing MGS for a few months, but picked it up again today. I was around the Vulcan Raven freezer fight when I started, and ended up finishing it a few hours ago. Loved it. Can't wait to start Sons of Liberty.

Nevaeh
07-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Stopped playing MGS for a few months, but picked it up again today. I was around the Vulcan Raven freezer fight when I started, and ended up finishing it a few hours ago. Loved it. Can't wait to start Sons of Liberty.

Interesting that you mention Metal Gear Solid. I picked up Metal Gear Revengence
this week, and I gotta say that I was humbly surprised. I'm at about the halfway mark now and I can honestly say that this is the most viceral, hard boiled, "Manly-Man B-Movie" styled action game that I've played since Ninja Gaiden 3.

Imagine Ninja Gaiden combined with Robo Cop, with a dash of Strider in 3-D and you'd get this game. It even pays homage to the OG Metal Gear games with a few sneaking sections.

I'll admit I wasnt always a big fan of Raiden, but this game really fleshes out his character, demonstrating that all of the technology enhancements in the world can't stop the spirit of man from wanting to do the right thing when necessary.

I also realize that it wasn't so much Raiden who was a pain in the ass in MGS2, but actually his nagging ass girlfriend Rose, who seemed to get a kick out of constantly interrupting his mission at the worse time.
:oldlol:

May come back and rate the game after I'm done.

ImmortalNemesis
07-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Follow-up of this

Just finished Sons of Liberty a few hours ago. Blew my f*cking mind, and I'm still confused as shit. On to the next one :D

ImmortalNemesis
07-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Interesting that you mention Metal Gear Solid. I picked up Metal Gear Revengence
this week, and I gotta say that I was humbly surprised. I'm at about the halfway mark now and I can honestly say that this is the most viceral, hard boiled, "Manly-Man B-Movie" styled action game that I've played since Ninja Gaiden 3.

Imagine Ninja Gaiden combined with Robo Cop, with a dash of Strider in 3-D and you'd get this game. It even pays homage to the OG Metal Gear games with a few sneaking sections.

I'll admit I wasnt always a big fan of Raiden, but this game really fleshes out his character, demonstrating that all of the technology enhancements in the world can't stop the spirit of man from wanting to do the right thing when necessary.

I also realize that it wasn't so much Raiden who was a pain in the ass in MGS2, but actually his nagging ass girlfriend Rose, who seemed to get a kick out of constantly interrupting his mission at the worse time.

May come back and rate the game after I'm done.
:lol

That ending was really strange. Why are Jack and Rose still together after she reveals herself as a Patriot? I thought she was AI too like the Colonel? Wtf. She even said she was an undercover spy for the two years they were together. Raiden exposed himself as just another whipping boy right then and there.

I might actually play Revengeance after I get through the MGS series, including the new one. With Kojima leaving Konami, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an MGR sequel before they went milking the main series. It could be set between the events of MGS 2 and MGS 4, like Kojima intended Revengeance to be before giving it up to another developer.

Charlie Sheen
08-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Played some zelda stuff this summer. Ocarina hasn't aged well. Majora and Link To The Past still rate as some of my favorite games ever played tho.

Heavincent
08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm currently playing through MGS2 for the first time in preparation for MGS V. It's pretty good for a 14 year old game :applause:

Heavincent
08-02-2015, 08:59 PM

I actually don't mind Rose.

ImmortalNemesis
08-02-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm currently playing through MGS2 for the first time in preparation for MGS V. It's pretty good for a 14 year old game :applause:
You're finally actually playing them!

Did you play MGS 1?

Heavincent
08-03-2015, 01:36 AM
You're finally actually playing them!

Did you play MGS 1?

Nah. I bought the HD collection for the 360. I'm gonna play 2, 3, and then replay Ground Zeroes one more time.

I'm skipping Peace Walker though. Doesn't really interest me.

Heavincent
08-03-2015, 04:31 AM
It kind of sucks that I already know the two major twists in MGS 2 (spoilers in white) character swap and the colonel going crazy.

That shit must have been mind blowing back in the day.

ImmortalNemesis
08-03-2015, 08:52 AM
I think everyone knew of Raiden, unless they got it on release

ImmortalNemesis
08-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Nah. I bought the HD collection for the 360. I'm gonna play 2, 3, and then replay Ground Zeroes one more time.

I'm skipping Peace Walker though. Doesn't really interest me.
Oh ok. If you ever get the chance, play MGS 1. I love that game, even with its shitty ass graphics. But it might be hard to go back after already playing the rest.

Hell, if you have a backwards compatible Wii, you could play The Twin Snakes remake.

Heavincent
08-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Finished MGS 2. The last few hours were so absurd :oldlol: Don't even know what to say about that. Loved the game though. I was having difficulty with the controls and camera early on, but I eventually adjusted. I beat it on hard (game over if detected). Two hardest parts for me were the Vamp fight and the second to last boss where you fight all of those metal gears.

Played MGS 3 for a little while too. It feels really modernized in comparison to 2 (free camera!). I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this.

$LakerGold
08-10-2015, 01:19 AM
Lol, he's got a Big Boss avi now. ahaha dude's inlove with MGS :))

Heavincent
08-17-2015, 03:46 AM
Finished MGS 3 for the first time today. That ending...

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/b5/p7/qu/m8390y.gif

Shade8780
08-17-2015, 09:36 AM
I finished it too a few days ago. So good :cry: Probably one of, if not, the best game I've ever played.

I'm on Act 3 of MGS 4 right now. Old Snake :pimp:

Shade8780
08-17-2015, 09:39 AM
also, fvck eva

Heavincent
08-17-2015, 01:00 PM
I like EVA.

Shade8780
08-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Really? After lying to Snake the whole time and stealing the microfilm?

Heavincent
08-17-2015, 02:52 PM
She did care for Snake though. She was supposed to kill him.

I enjoyed her character, regardless of her allegiance.

Shade8780
08-17-2015, 03:33 PM
If she really cared about Snake enough, she'd be all like "fvck China".

Shade8780
08-17-2015, 03:42 PM
When this song came on in the credits, I felt like bawling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_4JmGCt-Q

Such an amazing game.

Rondooooooooooo
08-17-2015, 05:04 PM
played every MGS game but 4......never had a ps3 :( I have a ps4 now and tempted to get psnow just to play it haha

Heavincent
08-18-2015, 12:00 AM
When this song came on in the credits, I felt like bawling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_4JmGCt-Q

Such an amazing game.

Have you played Ground Zeroes?

Shade8780
08-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Have you played Ground Zeroes?
No, not yet. Very excited though. I'm going to finish 4, move on to Peace Walker, and then hopefully/most likely be finished in time to play GZ before TPP's release on September 1st.

Shade8780
08-19-2015, 10:39 AM
also, fvck eva
scratch that :(

Shade8780
08-19-2015, 09:33 PM
I'm on Act 3 of MGS 4 right now. Old Snake :pimp:
J'ai fini.

Pretty good game. Although, it doesn't feel as special as MGS 3 or MGS to me. Those games felt so simple compared to the explosion of new information everywhere in this game that tried to tie everything up in a neat bow and more. I think it tried too hard and ultimately, just didn't work out as well as they would've liked. Still enjoyed it very much though. I'm comparing this to other MGS games, which are all masterpieces when compared to most games. This is still one of the best experiences you can have on PS3.

My title/rank seems to be getting somewhat better as I get further and further in the series. In MGS 1 and 2, I got Elephant, and now in 4, I got Eagle, as well as Scorpion.

Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, then I'm finally done. Excluding The Phantom Pain of course, which should be amazing.

Heavincent
08-19-2015, 11:39 PM
I've heard Peace Walker takes forever. I don't like mobile games, so I didn't want anything to with it.

Ground Zeroes is ****ing awesome though. That ending :bowdown: Perfect lead in to The Phantom Pain. I haven't been this hyped for a game in years.

Shade8780
08-20-2015, 08:33 AM
I think with Peace Walker, it's not the main story that's time consuming, but things like building up Home Base, multiplayer/co-op and side missions. Not mandatory stuff. On howlongtobeat.com, it says the main story is 18 hours, less than MGS 4, but if you're going for completionist, the whole game is somewhere around 93 hours.

I have it on the HD Collection for PS3, so I won't be playing it on mobile. The gameplay and guard AI aren't anything special from what I've heard, compared to the other games, but the story could be very important to The Phantom Pain. There's some characters crossing over like Kaz Miller too, that you could get some backstory on.

At least read the plot or watch the cutscenes on YouTube. The game's arguably as important to the series as the numbered titles. Not only will the plot impact TPP, but it'll get you experienced with things such as building Home Base that's in MGS V. TPP is essentially a larger, open-world, console version of Peace Walker. Kojima's ultimate game.

Really, it'll just improve your TPP experience even more. That's why I'll be playing it.

Shade8780
08-20-2015, 11:49 AM
:applause:

http://i.imgur.com/Wt012yP.jpg

ImmortalNemesis
09-14-2015, 12:39 PM
I got kind of tired of MGS so I started playing KotOR again. Such a great game. I'm still not anywhere near the end but it's so addicting.

Nevaeh
09-21-2015, 08:41 PM
I got kind of tired of MGS so I started playing KotOR again. Such a great game. I'm still not anywhere near the end but it's so addicting.

Yes Kotor is a classic and really helped to get the ball rolling for WRPGs along with the "decision making" abilties in games like Mass Effect and Deus Ex HR.

As for MGS, yeah, I go back and forth on this series. On one hand it'll kick off each story so seriously, but then it'll ramp up the CRAZY with each passing hour of the game.

I know its pretty much a Kojima trademark, but yeah it can eventually wear u out. May mess around with Twin Snakes later on, depending on my mood.

Timmy D for MVP
09-22-2015, 03:05 AM
Okay, I bought Madden and it's pretty good but EA Sports has two things that bother me as to why they can't fix it.

1) Their collision engine is ridiculous. Like... why in FIFA and Madden do my players seem to die when they fall. Madden is the worst. It's almost entertaining in a way to see my player just lie there like their dead, or trip over and rag doll everything.

2) Madden is the sloooooooowest game! In an era of lightning fast games Madden takes forever to go from screen to screen, and loading in games. I suppose FIFA takes a while too, but at least we have minigames to keep us busy. But the responsiveness on menus is super sluggish. And the regular presentation has elements that you can't skip or speed up.

It's just weird. They're small complaints but... damn. It's been years EA get this shit together.

Timmy D for MVP
09-22-2015, 03:06 AM
Also Among the Sleep is awesome and genuinely terrifying.

ImmortalNemesis
09-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Holy shit this fvcking game.

Just got off Korriban for the last Star Map. I already knew of the big twist, but the Leviathan chapter was still amazing. Very intense.

nightprowler10
09-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Holy shit this fvcking game.

Just got off Korriban for the last Star Map. I already knew of the big twist, but the Leviathan chapter was still amazing. Very intense.
I was playing this on my Note 4 and got stuck a couple of times and gave up. I need to get back to it.

nightprowler10
09-23-2015, 03:53 PM
I can't see myself buying a game for a few months. I've got Crusader Kings 2 on the computer, I'm finding myself getting back into Don Bradman Cricket 14 on the PS3, and have a few games I play on mobile. Seeing as how I'm low on time anyway, I have enough to keep me very busy for a while.

So no MGSV, AC: Sydicate, and whatever else I was thinking about getting this year.

ImmortalNemesis
09-23-2015, 03:53 PM
I was playing this on my Note 4 and got stuck a couple of times and gave up. I need to get back to it.
Yeah I stopped on Dantooine and didnt play again for a few months. Decided to give it another shot and I love it now. Once you start moving around to different planets, it gets fun. I could not wait to get off that planet though.

What's it like on mobile? I've only played the Steam version, but it's fairly popular on Android. Seems like a strange way to play it.

nightprowler10
09-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Yeah I stopped on Dantooine and didnt play again for a few months. Decided to give it another shot and I love it now. Once you start moving around to different planets, it gets fun. I could not wait to get off that planet though.

What's it like on mobile? I've only played the Steam version, but it's fairly popular on Android. Seems like a strange way to play it.
I just loaded it to check where I was stuck. I'm at the Sith base at Taris. My whole team keeps getting wrecked.

It's not bad. I play on the Note which is huge so it's not like playing on a tiny screen. The controls are a bit strange but it works. I've never played the game on any other format so it's to compare. I also play Limbo on this device. Works great.