PDA

View Full Version : A.I. had a bigger influence on basketball than....

riseagainst
03-13-2014, 03:30 AM
even Michael Jordan. Said Chris Paul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58pW5XQfrU

thoughts?

:confusedshrug:

Milbuck
03-13-2014, 03:33 AM
Without a doubt. MJ was from the weakest era in all of basketball. His toughest defender was a ****ing point guard. Iverson was the perimeter Wilt of his era, except his competition was as good as it gets. MJ wouldn't sniff 10 minutes a game in AI's era.

PieceOfFelt
03-13-2014, 03:34 AM
It's obvious hyperbole that shouldn't be taken seriously.

moe94
03-13-2014, 03:46 AM
Without a doubt. MJ was from the weakest era in all of basketball. His toughest defender was a ****ing point guard. Iverson was the perimeter Wilt of his era, except his competition was as good as it gets. MJ wouldn't sniff 10 minutes a game in AI's era.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3092379/iverson.gif

Jordan not realizing his era is over.

Sarcastic
03-13-2014, 03:52 AM

He could still do that to probably 90% of the current NBA.

Bigsmoke
03-13-2014, 03:57 AM
For short people I guess.

People that blow all their money knowing they have like 6 kids seem like a shitty role model

215Philly
03-13-2014, 03:57 AM

:bowdown:

Rameek
03-13-2014, 10:03 AM
I think he brought another element of how kids were playing and wearing in the street to the masses in the NBA.

I dont think he is on the same level as MJ or Kobe as far as BASKETBALL.

Jlamb47
03-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Thug Life

sportjames23
03-13-2014, 10:16 AM
http://belikewaterproduction.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/michael_jordan_6_rings_nba_2k12.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2gd0m0lBR1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

http://www.swgnt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/RINGSANDCIGARS-1.jpg

http://sportpicturesonline.com/6_SportAuctionCharity_Marc/Photo_Variations/NBA/Photo/3503.jpg

3peated
03-13-2014, 10:17 AM
they should change the logo to iverson

Fazotronic
03-13-2014, 10:28 AM
mj not being more popular or not having more influence than ai is :facepalm
maybe for some wannabe thugs but MJ is MJ

cris paul doesn't even know what to say. he is just a fan of AI and just talks out of his ass.

Im so nba'd out
03-13-2014, 10:31 AM
As a black man i would agree he had a bigger influence to black people nationally.Outside of that jordan was more influential everyone else.

Jailblazers7
03-13-2014, 10:33 AM
He didn't have a bigger impact than MJ but he clearly had an enormous cultural impact on the game of basketball. Probably bigger than anyone post MJ.

ImKobe
03-13-2014, 10:37 AM
AI is the most overrated player in NBA history, a Brandon Jennings-esque chucker with flashy handles & superior athleticism. He was good for highlights & he drew a lot of hype from the casual fans that rarely actually watched him play a full game.

Man had the skills to be one of the greatest PGs ever, instead he wasted them on chucking the ball 23-28 times a game. He could have easily averaged 20 ppg 10 apg on much higher efficiency if he paid attention to how his game affected the play of his teammates.

He had Kobe's attitude, but he was never as good as Kobe at shooting the ball & he was a midget, who refused to practice with his team.

In his MVP season, he shot 29,7% on jump shots while taking 1755 of them, how the hell do you justify that number?

Im so nba'd out
03-13-2014, 10:45 AM
AI is the most overrated player in NBA history, a Brandon Jennings-esque chucker with flashy handles & superior athleticism. He was good for highlights & he drew a lot of hype from the casual fans that rarely actually watched him play a full game.

Man had the skills to be one of the greatest PGs ever, instead he wasted them on chucking the ball 23-28 times a game. He could have easily averaged 20 ppg 10 apg on much higher efficiency if he paid attention to how his game affected the play of his teammates.

He had Kobe's attitude, but he was never as good as Kobe at shooting the ball & he was a midget, who refused to practice with his team.

In his MVP season, he shot 29,7% on jump shots while taking 1755 of them, how the hell do you justify that number?
he had alot of swag tho.Going back to slavery times mj would of been a house negro a.i was out in the field like the rest of us.He a real dude and def made more of impact on black ppl than mj

Rasheed1
03-13-2014, 10:57 AM
bigger influence than anyone not named Michael Jordan.. From the tats to the cornrows, to the crossover, to the sleeve, to the kids in Asia calling themselves "Asian Iverson"..

Nevaeh
03-13-2014, 10:58 AM
he had alot of swag tho.Going back to slavery times mj would of been a house negro a.i was out in the field like the rest of us.He a real dude and def made more of impact on black ppl than mj

Da f@ck outta here. Jordan (especially in his Bulls days) taught black men how to carry themselves professionally, with dignity and how to act diplomatically with the press. Iverson gave a "slurred speech, don't give a damn how I dress or look" black male image to the world, which culminated into him admitting that he was selfish lazy ass, who couldn't get the best out of his team because he didn't push hard enough to get the best out of himself.

Love him as a player from an "excitement" stand point, but he was part of that NBA "clique" that was doing it's damndest to make all Brothas look like damn fools.

tmacattack33
03-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Maybe in terms of fashion, style, and lifestyle.

But it was a negative influence for the most part...wearing ghetto-ish clothes, rebelling, not listening to authority, etc.

Stringer Bell
03-13-2014, 11:51 AM

MJ is a narcasstic borderline psychopath who lives to prove people wrong and beat people at things. He would devote every waiting second to beating the owners because another slave said they couldn't.

He would be a Nat Turner, but his revolt would be more well organized.

Im so nba'd out
03-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Da f@ck outta here. Jordan (especially in his Bulls days) taught black men how to carry themselves professionally, with dignity and how to act diplomatically with the press. Iverson gave a "slurred speech, don't give a damn how I dress or look" black male image to the world, which culminated into him admitting that he was selfish lazy ass, who couldn't get the best out of his team because he didn't push hard enough to get the best out of himself.

Love him as a player from an "excitement" stand point, but he was part of that NBA "clique" that was doing it's damndest to make all Brothas look like damn fools.
yup you would def be in the house with jordan dancing and sht for massa.naw just playing with you.A.I had everyone (young black teens) wearing long white t's and throwback jersey.Everyone had braids most people who played basketball growing up watching him tried to pattern their games after him.The impact he had on black people is unparalleled.

MightyWhitey
03-13-2014, 12:47 PM
As a black man i would agree he had a bigger influence to black people nationally.Outside of that jordan was more influential everyone else.
:biggums: You know the internet is a great place to download books like this http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/english-grammar-for-dummies-cheat-sheet0.html

And Iverson is so lame and overrated that to even entertain the idea of him having a bigger influence on basketball than Michael Jordan is downright ridiculous and preposterous.

MightyWhitey
03-13-2014, 01:01 PM

:cheers: Thank you for making such a profound and truthful statement. Iverson was a bum and could never win a title because he was a bum. Jordan was a true champion, the GOAT of all time imo.

kamil
03-13-2014, 01:06 PM

I always viewed Iverson as a borderline street thug. Are you implying that black people are predominantly street thugs?

Im so nba'd out
03-13-2014, 01:48 PM
I always viewed Iverson as a borderline street thug. Are you implying that black people are predominantly street thugs?
is this serious....do you know what a street thug is?

Im so nba'd out
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
:biggums: You know the internet is a great place to download books like this http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/english-grammar-for-dummies-cheat-sheet0.html

And Iverson is so lame and overrated that to even entertain the idea of him having a bigger influence on basketball than Michael Jordan is downright ridiculous and preposterous.
your not black.....so how would you know the impact he had on our culture?Ill just ignore your attempt to insult me ill be the bigger man :rolleyes:

sportjames23
03-13-2014, 02:43 PM

How many time was MJ mentioned in a rap song? Now how many was AI? How many black kids rocked Air Jordans and how many rocked Questions? How many STILL rock Jordans years after MJ retired?

sportjames23
03-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Swag.. jk, he looks retarded. :facepalm

You really mad doe.

MightyWhitey
03-13-2014, 03:14 PM
your not black.....so how would you know the impact he had on our culture?Ill just ignore your attempt to insult me ill be the bigger man :rolleyes:
Oh really??? So wearing shirts that make you look like an ugly transvestite because they are so long and ill fitted and walking around with pants hanging off your knees is what black culture is about? :lol :lol :lol
You're argument is pitiful. Jordan was a real man and a real champion. This trash you worship couldn't even lace up Jordan's shoes. Jordan wears properly fitted clothing, isn't confrontational, and speaks like a normal human being. Because he doesn't want to associate with criminals and ignorant social leeches makes him someone to aspire to become.

SexSymbol
03-13-2014, 03:15 PM
I agree, nobody was as big of a cult icon as Iverson back in 01-05. The whole world loved that guy, even beyond Jordan, Kobe, LeBron level hype.

MightyWhitey
03-13-2014, 03:16 PM
I agree, nobody was as big of a cult icon as Iverson back in 01-05. The whole world loved that guy, even beyond Jordan, Kobe, LeBron level hype.
The water in Lithuania must be tainted with 'Pimp Juice' :facepalm

f0und
03-13-2014, 03:20 PM
jordan's popularity transcended the boundaries of basketball. at his peak, 99% of the earth's population, give or take a few, knew who jordan was. iverson's popularity was pretty much relegated to ghetto culture.

SexSymbol
03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
jordan's popularity transcended the boundaries of basketball. at his peak, 99% of the earth's population, give or take a few, knew who jordan was. iverson's popularity was pretty much relegated to ghetto culture.
The majority of ex-soviet countries didn't know who Jordan was.
You're looking at 35-40 percent worldwide, above 70 percent for anybody ever is a stretch

MightyWhitey
03-13-2014, 03:28 PM
You're looking at 35-40 percent worldwide, above 70 percent for anybody ever is a stretch
Nonsense. Did you forget the 'Dream Team' in the Olympics?

moe94
03-13-2014, 03:31 PM
:roll:

SexSymbol
03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
:roll:
Laugh all you want, you don't know shit about the soviet reality, I actually have lived here.
Especially women, they completely did not give the slightest of a **** about who a random black guy was on the USA team. This might sound racist, but USSR was racist.
Now a few men would know MJ from watching their countries battle against the dream team, but not everybody cared about who a random black guy on the USA team was too.
For instance, my dad has watched a lot of games from back then, if I show him a picture of Jordan today, he wouldn't know who he was. Even if I showed him the jumpman logo, he'd say he probably has seen it, but doesn't know what it is.
It's just the reality, USSR tried to block as much media and icons from USA as possible and vice versa.

Im so nba'd out
03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Oh really??? So wearing shirts that make you look like an ugly transvestite because they are so long and ill fitted and walking around with pants hanging off your knees is what black culture is about? :lol :lol :lol
You're argument is pitiful. Jordan was a real man and a real champion. This trash you worship couldn't even lace up Jordan's shoes. Jordan wears properly fitted clothing, isn't confrontational, and speaks like a normal human being. Because he doesn't want to associate with criminals and ignorant social leeches makes him someone to aspire to become.
worship???????your a clown im done talking to you peon

DonDadda59
03-13-2014, 03:54 PM
the NBA needs to step up their drug testing program obviously. Guys running around proclaiming Kobe the GOAT and Iverson the most influential player ever? :lol

DonDadda59
03-13-2014, 03:58 PM

Known racist alert ^ (in case the name didn't give it away). Disregard anything this dude has to say.

Also, the bolded is clearly false.

SHAQisGOAT
03-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Look at the whole picture, no player ever was as influentional as MJ, for better of for the worse. Others have come close (some with "good" influence, some the opposite) but no one on his level

monkeypox
03-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Maybe not but he was pretty influential in his time. Also Iverson was the big star when the NBA first tried to push into China so he was the most popular NBA player in China for a good time. Outselling Yao Ming and Kobe Bryant.

Quickening
03-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Definately had a bigger package than Jordan, but that's nothing to brag about

JohnMax
03-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Poll shows LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant as NBA's most popular player
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9512608/poll-shows-lebron-james-passes-kobe-bryant-nba-most-popular-player

The numbers show that James separated himself from Bryant thanks to greater support of the African-American population. Twenty-four percent of African-Americans said James was their favorite player this season compared to only 16 percent mentioning Bryant.

Rounding out the top five are Kevin Durant (3.6 percent), Derrick Rose (2.8) and Dwyane Wade (2.6).

PieceOfFelt
03-13-2014, 06:24 PM

What proof do we have that you're black? All we know is that you're a mentally retarded poster on a message board. That and you're a horrifically bad poster as well.

HylianNightmare
03-13-2014, 06:34 PM
biggest since jordan, anyone from that was a certain age when iverson was doing his thing probably imitated at least 1 thing he did. i remember everyone wearing sleeves and headbands to play outdoors for years lol

PieceOfFelt
03-13-2014, 06:38 PM
biggest since jordan, anyone from that was a certain age when iverson was doing his thing probably imitated at least 1 thing he did. i remember everyone wearing sleeves and headbands to play outdoors for years lol

Biggest since Jordan? Very possible. Bigger influence than Jordan? Only a fool would believe that. A fool like that race-obsessed assclown earlier in the thread.

houston
03-13-2014, 10:43 PM
no a.i. was that dude though