PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant of Oklahoma City Thunder launches 'Strong and Kind' movement

JohnMax
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10598251/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-launches-strong-kind-movement

Everyone knows Durant wants to lead Oklahoma City to the NBA title. Everyone knows he wants to win his first MVP award. But the league's top scorer says his third goal is just as important: spreading the message that being kind to others is the ultimate sign of strength.

"I just want to let people know that being kind is not a sign of weakness," Durant said Wednesday in launching his "Strong and Kind" movement.

"That's how I approach the game. If you see me play, I'm barking at guys, I'm talking trash, I'm being physical. But at the same time, if you fall on the ground, I'll help you up, and after the game we'll talk as friends. So it's not a weakness to be a kind person. Everybody always says nice guys finish last, but I'm trying to change that."

Durant has partnered with KIND, a healthy snack food company, to promote this initiative, which aims to challenge deep-rooted stereotypes and redefine cultural perceptions of strength and kindness.

In doing so, Durant and KIND have set up a website -- www.strongandkind.com -- that asks people to commit to these five principles:

• Having the courage to be kind when others may not
• Looking out for those who can't look out for themselves
• Standing up when others would rather stand out
• Leaving their world a kinder place than they found it
• Being Strong and Kind

Rondo
03-13-2014, 07:50 PM
So this is why he's always second to LeBron? He was just being kind?

red1
03-13-2014, 07:51 PM
what a closet scumbag pos

HoopsFanNumero1
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
His fake humble persona is sickening.

inclinerator
03-13-2014, 07:59 PM
beta

noob cake
03-13-2014, 07:59 PM
His fake humble persona is sickening.

:pimp:

Trollsmasher
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10598251/kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-launches-strong-kind-movement

Everyone knows Durant wants to lead Oklahoma City to the NBA title.

Everyone knows he wants to win his first MVP award. But the league's top scorer says his third goal is just as important: spreading the message that being kind to others is the ultimate sign of strength.

"I just want to let people know that being kind is not a sign of weakness," Durant said Wednesday in launching his "Strong and Kind" movement.

"That's how I approach the game. If you see me play, I'm barking at guys, I'm talking trash, I'm being physical. But at the same time, if you fall on the ground, I'll help you up, and after the game we'll talk as friends. So it's not a weakness to be a kind person. Everybody always says nice guys finish last, but I'm trying to change that."
:lol sure Kev

navy
03-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Kevin urant is fake as f.uck.

16X
03-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Religion :facepalm

Either turns you into a suicide bomber, or in Durant's case, a huge beta p*ssy.

NumberSix
03-13-2014, 08:16 PM
what a closet scumbag pos
This is almost as bad as the time he donated $1M.

red1
03-13-2014, 08:17 PM
these antics are the reason why he will NEVER win a ring

JohnFreeman
03-13-2014, 08:22 PM
:facepalm such a douche

TiagoSimoes
03-13-2014, 08:23 PM

what kind of scumbag does that? fkn beta toughen up

oh the horror
03-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Children are obviously rampant in this thread.

Know how I know? Kids struggle with their manhood and have to prove their "toughness" and "alpha" status.

Kindness isn't a weakness. It's a shame that you dudes feel that way.

red1
03-13-2014, 08:43 PM

Know how I know? Kids struggle with their manhood and have to prove their "toughness" and "alpha" status.

You're not getting it. With durant there is always an ulterior motive. If he does something positive then he is doing it to deflect suspicion from his true self. It is safe to assume that this is a cover-up for a baby-punching spree

I<3NBA
03-13-2014, 11:47 PM
kindness is harder than being a fake tough guy. the real betas are those who scowl often. they're compensating for their beta-ness by acting tough.

dunksby
03-14-2014, 08:04 AM
I just took the pledge, I feel so kind right now :lol

CelticBaller
03-14-2014, 08:51 AM
What a great guy :applause:

cos88
03-14-2014, 09:02 AM
thx op for mentioning the team he plays for. did not know, will future rep you

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 09:09 AM
while i agree with what he said and thing its nice:applause: :applause: , its getting a bit ridiculous how he tries to shove that nice guy act down our throats.
a guy who complains about every non call, trash talks other players and purposely slaps players in their injured chest after a timeout call isnt that nice of a guy:facepalm :facepalm

Theoo
03-14-2014, 09:10 AM
holy fk** these guy is the biggest beta of all times what a fk** man:roll: :roll: :roll: holy crap i cant belive the servant did these shit ... "if you fall on the ground, I'll help you up, and after the game we'll talk as friends" :roll: :roll:

these make my wonder how many time kevin durant have suck lerbron james dickes in the nba lockerroom gloryholes

Fudge
03-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Best player in the world doing great things. Respect.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 09:38 AM
holy fk** these guy is the biggest beta of all times what a fk** man:roll: :roll: :roll: holy crap i cant belive the servant did these shit ... "if you fall on the ground, I'll help you up, and after the game we'll talk as friends" :roll: :roll:

these make my wonder how many time kevin durant have suck lerbron james dickes in the nba lockerroom gloryholes
:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause:

Angel Face
03-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Nice movement, much better than "backstab and choke" movement.

Marlo_Stanfield
Best player in the world doing great things. Respect.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/371/489/1cf.gif

ForeverHeat
This guy is a f*g. He is not a nice guy at all. Being a b*tch doesnt make you a nice guy. Hes been trying to push this shit on us from day one. People arent stupid. They can tell whos a nice guy and whos a fake. Shane Battier is a nice guy. He has never told us, but we know. Steve Nash is a nice guy. Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Ray Allen, the list goes on and on. Contrary to popular belief the NBA isnt full of criminals. There are a bunch of nice guys who also happen to be good players and/or superstars in this league. Why havent they been highlighted? Why dont they have advertisements about being nice? Why don't they start "Strong and Kind" movements? Why are we being fooled by this b*tch who keeps telling us hes kind yet shows us no reason to believe him?

He donated to charity, so what? How much has Lebron donated to charity? Why dont we call him kind? Also, anyone who makes such a big show about donating to charity is a b*tch anyway. In Islam (and probably a lot of other religions), people when donating to charity hide do so with closed palms. As in they dont let anyone see how much they are donating because the instant they get lauded for their actions, thats the second it becomes self profiting and not a truly charitable act.

So, once again, what makes this guy kind and not just a regular run of the mill b*tch? He flops on a nightly basis, he engages in confrontations with other players, he calls out guys unnecessarily in the media, he makes throat cutting signs at players, insults guys that have been in the game longer than him and that have accomplished more, and thats only the stuff I can remember off the top of my head. Dude is a b*tch, end of. As much as I think Kobe is overrated, he was a guy that was for the most part, REAL. Not a slimy weasel who tries to sell a fake persona. F*ck Kevin Durant.

CelticBaller
03-14-2014, 09:42 AM
This guy is a f*g. He is not a nice guy at all. Being a b*tch doesnt make you a nice guy. Hes been trying to push this shit on us from day one. People arent stupid. They can tell whos a nice guy and whos a fake. Shane Battier is a nice guy. He has never told us, but we know. Steve Nash is a nice guy. Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Ray Allen, the list goes on and on. Contrary to popular belief the NBA isnt full of criminals. There are a bunch of nice guys who also happen to be good players and/or superstars in this league. Why havent they been highlighted? Why dont they have advertisements about being nice? Why don't they start "Strong and Kind" movements? Why are we being fooled by this b*tch who keeps telling us hes kind yet shows us no reason to believe him?

He donated to charity, so what? How much has Lebron donated to charity? Why dont we call him kind? Also, anyone who makes such a big show about donating to charity is a b*tch anyway. In Islam (and probably a lot of other religions), people when donating to charity hide do so with closed palms. As in they dont let anyone see how much they are donating because the instant they get lauded for their actions, thats the second it becomes self profiting and not a truly charitable act.

So, once again, what makes this guy kind and not just a regular run of the mill b*tch? He flops on a nightly basis, he engages in confrontations with other players, he calls out guys unnecessarily in the media, he makes throat cutting signs at players, insults guys that have been in the game longer than him and that have accomplished more, and thats only the stuff I can remember off the top of my head. Dude is a b*tch, end of. As much as I think Kobe is overrated, he was a guy that was for the most part, REAL. Not a slimy weasel who tries to sell a fake persona. F*ck Kevin Durant.
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/10/there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

Angel Face
03-14-2014, 09:44 AM

How cool of you to write an essay. Didn't read though. :oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 09:48 AM
How cool of you to write an essay. Didn't read though. :oldlol:
everyone knows Jordan fans dont have the ability to read:roll: :roll:

Angel Face
03-14-2014, 09:53 AM
everyone knows Jordan fans dont have the ability to read:roll: :roll:

How can I write if I can't read? Genius!

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 09:53 AM
its possible:coleman: :coleman:

Angel Face
03-14-2014, 09:57 AM
its possible:coleman: :coleman:

If write you're a fa99ot, I can read it as you're a fa99ot. Looks like I can read well.

Well this proves your assumption is wrong that I can't read.

CelticBaller
03-14-2014, 09:59 AM
:oldlol:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 10:00 AM
If write you're a fa99ot, I can read it as you're a fa99ot. Looks like I can read well.

Well this proves your assumption is wrong that I can't read.
Dont front Terrance:milton :milton

SavageMode
03-14-2014, 10:29 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :bowdown:

ForeverHeat
03-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Why are you fa**ots disregarding my post when you cant disagree with any part of it? Dude is a lying weasel straight up.

DuMa
03-14-2014, 12:08 PM
jeez how did kevin durant get so hated here in such a quick amount of time? its not like he raped someone

MichaelCorleone
03-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Servant shit.:oldlol:

ForeverHeat
03-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Servant shit.:oldlol:

Of course hes a servant. Nikka even recruited a guy called Butler.

HoopsFanNumero1
03-14-2014, 12:13 PM

:lol

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 12:17 PM
jeez how did kevin durant get so hated here in such a quick amount of time? its not like he raped someone
if he raped someone he would get even more of these Kobe stans to jump ship and telling everyone how alpha it is to rape someone:lol

rhowen4
03-14-2014, 12:19 PM
This is a good message to send. Kevin Durant understands what is for the greater good. I don't agree with everything he has ever said or done but one doesn't have to be perfect to send a meaningful message.

Prometheus
03-14-2014, 12:25 PM
http://kwtv.images.worldnow.com/images/20495682_BG1.jpg

http://www.strongandkind.com/img/kd_image08.jpg

#ThaServant #Deuxrant #IdentityCrisis #wtfIsMyMessage? #TiredOfBeingSecond #StillSecond #AlwaysWillBeSecond

ForeverHeat
03-14-2014, 12:28 PM
When someone said it can only take a second to win a championship, I think KD took it too literal. They meant this:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0618/nba_u_allenshot_gb1_576.jpg

Not this:

http://www.yardbarker.com/media/6/9/696f14c05872bcb662df040c0509109edde67915/xl/kd_si.jpg

ProfessorMurder
03-14-2014, 12:28 PM
kindness is harder than being a fake tough guy. the real betas are those who scowl often. they're compensating for their beta-ness by acting tough.

When you're right, you're right.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/115/files/2012/08/594517558.jpg

ForeverHeat
03-14-2014, 12:50 PM
When you're right, you're right.

http://s12.postimg.org/v03n1dq2l/opisafag_PROFESSORMURDER.jpg[/url]/[/IMG]

dannywpt
03-14-2014, 12:57 PM

He is right now the best ball player on earth and will probably win the MVP. When you have tons of insecure Bran sheep here you know they spew down every thread possible with their hate to defend their king.

sd3035
03-14-2014, 01:03 PM

They only try to prove their "toughness" anonymously on internet forums. These same guys would be all shook if someone lightly bumped into them in the street

sd3035
03-14-2014, 01:07 PM

He's probably one of the least hated top athletes in pro sports. Don't judge it by a few lonely kids on a message board posting with a bunch of alts