PDA

View Full Version : How is Bosh Averaging 6.7 Boards When Miami is Last in Rebounding

eliteballer
03-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Someone tell this fool to man up and crash the boards.

CelticBaller
03-13-2014, 11:35 PM
The team most likely doesn't emphasize on getting rebounds, ratherr get on defense quicker

Smook A.
03-13-2014, 11:35 PM
dinosaurs have small arms though :confusedshrug:

navy
03-13-2014, 11:36 PM
http://ncwtv.com/nn/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/eba9ray-allen-3-pointer.gif

navy
03-13-2014, 11:37 PM
The team most likely doesn't emphasize on getting rebounds, ratherr get on defense quicker
False. They just suck at rebounding. The price of small ball.

Smook A.
03-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Norris Cole looks like a god damn bunny rabbit :roll: :roll:

Akrazotile
03-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Once they get to the playoffs I think we'll see a lot more minutes for Birdman and Oden, so it'll likely be less of a problem.

The weird things is tho Bosh did average like 12 rebounds for a season or two when he was on the Raptors. So it's not like he can't do it. Prob just has to do with the way they play.

RedBlackAttack
03-13-2014, 11:59 PM
So many "what ifs" watching this replay. If Manu hadn't pointlessly gone for the rebound and then fallen down, he could have just stuck on Ray's hip and Bosh wouldn't have even been able to pass it to Ray.

Damn... so close.

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Yep. They always get back on D first. They don't want teams running fastbreaks on em

buddha
03-14-2014, 12:02 AM
So many "what ifs" watching this replay. If Manu hadn't pointlessly gone for the rebound and then fallen down, he could have just stuck on Ray's hip and Bosh wouldn't have even been able to pass it to Ray.

Damn... so close.

what do you mean pointlessly gone for the rebound? he was the only Spur with a chance at getting it.. it was unfortunate he fell but he did the right thing going for the rebound, at the very least hitting it out of bosh's hands would have been a good play.

navy
03-14-2014, 12:05 AM
Yep. They always get back on D first. They don't want teams running fastbreaks on em
That only would matter for offensive boards.

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2014, 12:12 AM
That only would matter for offensive boards.
Yeah true. They don't put any effort into getting offensive boards, but they also let their opponents go on offensive rebound tears. They can't grab a rebound for shit when a solid rebounder is clogging the paint (Noah, Howard, Hibbert, etc), whether it's offensive or defensive.

RedBlackAttack
03-14-2014, 12:13 AM
what do you mean pointlessly gone for the rebound? he was the only Spur with a chance at getting it.. it was unfortunate he fell but he did the right thing going for the rebound, at the very least hitting it out of bosh's hands would have been a good play.
I mean pointless in retrospect. Obviously, the ball bounces off the rim right at you, the best play would seem to be going after it... especially in a situation like that.

But, just based on what happened with the basketball gods and the ball bouncing the way it did, going for that rebound essentially took him out of the play and it's really the only reason Allen was open.

So many things had to happen for that play to come off the way it did... Amazing.

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 11:14 AM
grabbing 6.7 rebounds as a spot up 3 point shooter for the team is pretty dam good.

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Norris Cole looks like a god damn bunny rabbit :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: cute

Mass Debator
03-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Bosh is by no means a great rebounder but for a guy who helps on pick and rolls, rotates like every second on defense, and is skinny, he's pretty good.

pegasus
03-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Even though Miami struggles to rebound the ball throughout the season, I recall them out-rebounding their opponents in huge games like ECF Game 7 and the Finals Game 7. They seem to be able to turn it on when they absolutely have to.

AirFederer
03-14-2014, 12:05 PM
grabbing 6.7 rebounds as a spot up 3 point shooter for the team is pretty dam good.
This.

Dat spacing to create room for Lebron to operate... It's a trade off

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 12:28 PM
This.

Dat spacing to create room for Lebron to operate... It's a trade off
then he should get more defensive rebounds. what is wrong with people here?

sd3035
03-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Lebron should average 15 a game since he just camps under the rim on D waiting to stat pad his rebounds. I think he misses his opportunity by running out of the way when someone drives to the basket

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 12:35 PM
Lebron should average 15 a game since he just camps under the rim on D waiting to stat pad his rebounds. I think he misses his opportunity by running out of the way when someone drives to the basket
that should mean that lebron is so much better than i think because most people on ish think that lebron gets all his points on easy transition lay-ups. Camping under the basket and still being a beast in transition by being ahead of the other team in transition means that he is the fastest basketball player of all time by a really big margin.

sd3035
03-14-2014, 12:52 PM
that should mean that lebron is so much better than i think because most people on ish think that lebron gets all his points on easy transition lay-ups. Camping under the basket and still being a beast in transition by being ahead of the other team in transition means that he is the fastest basketball player of all time by a really big margin.

He camps under the rim about 80% of the time, the other 20% he's stuck on the perimeter. After the offensive player blows by him, he runs down the court by himself to cherry pick for an easy dunk.

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 01:00 PM

He camps under the rim about 80% of the time, the other 20% he's stuck on the perimeter. After the offensive player blows by him, he runs down the court by himself to cherry pick for an easy dunk.

as biased as this might sound to alot of Lebron fans, this is actually true. They dont want to hear it, but it's somewhat consistent with what he does if you watch games.

navy
03-14-2014, 01:05 PM
as biased as this might sound to alot of Lebron fans, this is actually true. They dont want to hear it, but it's somewhat consistent with what he does if you watch games.
Except it's not. The Heat are not at the top in fast break points, only in points off turnovers. They rarely get leak out points. Lebron James doesnt camp around the rim because he guards perimeter players. But whatever. Not like the people are objective on this board.

Solefade
03-14-2014, 01:12 PM

lol @ this guy pretending to be objective and and he pretending like he actually watches heat games

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 01:24 PM
People getting so sensitive in here as soon as anyone says anything these "Heat" fans don't want to hear. Suddenly we don't watch any games.

:oldlol:

hitmanyr2k
03-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Once they get to the playoffs I think we'll see a lot more minutes for Birdman and Oden, so it'll likely be less of a problem.

The weird things is tho Bosh did average like 12 rebounds for a season or two when he was on the Raptors. So it's not like he can't do it. Prob just has to do with the way they play.

Exactly. Bosh wasn't constantly asked to do this in Toronto like he is in Miami so a lot of the time he's really not in great position to box out and get rebounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvjNIEYsP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvWIC5vZB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZZndWhpQQ

He's asked to expend a lot of energy defending all over the floor, blitzing pick and rolls, defending stretch 4's, challenge shots of players who beat the Heat players off the dribble. So much of what he does on defense goes unnoticed to most fools who like to read box scores. And when Lebron is guarding any star perimeter player Bosh is right there with him on the perimeter giving help 80% of the time.

Keno
03-14-2014, 02:02 PM
good question, no one really knows why. lebron ups his rebounding game in the playoffs, he has to do so much for this flawed team it's unbelievable on how they are back to back champs.

Shabba Ranks
03-14-2014, 02:03 PM
looks like they still taking home the trophy this year doe :lol

aj1987
03-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Exactly. Bosh wasn't constantly asked to do this in Toronto like he is in Miami so a lot of the time he's really not in great position to box out and get rebounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AvjNIEYsP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxvWIC5vZB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZZndWhpQQ

He's asked to expend a lot of energy defending all over the floor, blitzing pick and rolls, defending stretch 4's, challenge shots of players who beat the Heat players off the dribble. So much of what he does on defense goes unnoticed to most fools who like to read box scores. And when Lebron is guarding any star perimeter player Bosh is right there with him on the perimeter giving help 80% of the time.
You spout that same shit EVERY time, without ever backing up your claims. You really seem to only watch a couple of YouTube clips and base your opinions off of that. :facepalm

If you actually watch entire games, you would know that Bosh is absolutely miserable at boxing out opposing big men. You ever wonder why every opposing big man turns into Shaq lite against the Heat? Bosh is a great defender, but he's too soft to guard physical players.

Wade grabbed more rebounds than Bosh against the Pacers, BTW.

Bandito
03-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Bingo. Anyone who watches the heat knows that.

Solefade
03-14-2014, 02:22 PM
People getting so sensitive in here as soon as anyone says anything these "Heat" fans don't want to hear. Suddenly we don't watch any games.

:oldlol:

nothing sensitive about it, i laughed cus you are so horribly and wrong.

Papaya Petee
03-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Show us examples. Enlighten me. If you show me 3 examples from 4 different games I will laugh in your face. LeBron never cherry picks.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-14-2014, 02:25 PM
i really dont get it.
he often gets outreboundet by 6

navy
03-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Bingo. Anyone who watches the heat knows that.
This only applies to offense rebounds. The Heat suck at defensive rebounds.

Demitri98
03-14-2014, 03:27 PM

Damn... so close.
Bosh would've have to go back out to LeBron for the 3. Imagine if LeBron had hit that shot, how this place would have blown up.

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2014, 03:28 PM

You're making baseless excuses for this too? :roll:

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Yeah true. They don't put any effort into getting offensive boards, but they also let their opponents go on offensive rebound tears. They can't grab a rebound for shit when a solid rebounder is clogging the paint (Noah, Howard, Hibbert, etc), whether it's offensive or defensive.

Yea pretty sure they dont do that purpose dude... has nothing to do with them not "focusing on it" like CB suggested

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2014, 03:31 PM

:oldlol: You just mix it all together to fit your agenda the best right? this is some good shit

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 03:40 PM
explain why they are last in defensive rebounds then? By your logic, bosh should have more energy to get defensive rebounds if he doesn't spend much energy in getting offensive rebounds. He is guarding the biggest player on the other team most of the time so your "he is shooting 3s" argument doesn't even make sense for defensive rebounds.
I am not saying that he should get 12+ rebounds a game. He should still average a couple more rebounds than what he does right now.

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 03:43 PM
explain why they are last in defensive rebounds then? By your logic, bosh should have more energy to get defensive rebounds if he doesn't spend much energy in getting offensive rebounds. He is guarding the biggest player on the other team most of the time so your "he is shooting 3s" argument doesn't even make sense for defensive rebounds.
I am not saying that he should get 12+ rebounds a game. He should still average a couple more rebounds than what he does right now.

he simply doesn't have the stamina to run back and forth from the perimeter to the paint.... Bosh started to shoot alot more midrange and 3's since last year, and ESPECIALLY this year. I guess that's just his role on the Heat now. What do you expect the ball to just bounce magically out to the 3 point line after a miss for him to grab?

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 03:44 PM
he simply doesn't have the stamina to run back and forth from the perimeter to the paint.... Bosh started to shoot alot more midrange and 3's since last year, and ESPECIALLY this year. I guess that's just his role on the Heat now. What do you expect the ball to just bounce magically out to the 3 point line after a miss for him to grab?
what does defensive rebounds mean ? are you an idiot? I even wrote that clearly. are you blind or just stupid?

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM
what does defensive rebounds mean ? are you an idiot? I even wrote that clearly. are you blind or just stupid?

He's had the same defensive rebound rate as a Heat this year compared to his best Heat years...... don't be so quick to get angry, do some research first before you jump to conclusions and call others idiots...

CelticBaller
03-14-2014, 03:52 PM
i said most likely, didn't know they were dead last on defensive rebounds (they aren't, they are 28 but you're still right) I just knew they were horrible offensively and reminded me of the 10 Celtics who used the same strategy for their gassed team

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM
He's had the same defensive rebound rate as a Heat this year compared to his best Heat years...... don't be so quick to get angry, do some research first before you jump to conclusions and call others idiots...
i am sure you meant his "raptors years" and why would that matter? he was asked to do more on offense there.
I am just going by logic idiots like you use. correct me if i am wrong here but this is what guys like you think:
1. Bosh would average more points but he is asked to just shoot long jump shots and 3s.
2. bosh would get more offensive rebounds if he didn't shoot so many 3s.
now explain to me how bosh doesn't have energy left to be a monster on defensive end and get rebounds at least close to his toronto years? Shooting long 3s is way less taxing on the body than banging in the post.

Bosh averages about 1 less offensive rebound and i can accept that as he is stretching the floor on the offensive end.
Bosh averaged about 10.8 rebounds in his last year in toronto. by your logic he should average more than 9 given that he is not doing as much as he used to do on offense.
I am sure you would come up with another stupid reason for this.

Shabba Ranks
03-14-2014, 03:57 PM
i am sure you meant his "raptors years" and why would that matter? he was asked to do more on offense there.
I am just going by logic idiots like you use. correct me if i am wrong here but this is what guys like you think:
1. Bosh would average more points but he is asked to just shoot long jump shots and 3s.
now explain to me how bosh doesn't have energy left to be a monster on defensive end and get rebounds at least close to his toronto years? Shooting long 3s is way less taxing on the body than banging in the post.

Bosh averages about 1 less offensive rebound and i can accept that as he is stretching the floor on the offensive end.
Bosh averaged about 10.8 rebounds in his last years in toronto. by your logic he should average more than 9 given that he is not doing as much as he used to do on offense.

Wow, DIDNT READ!

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Wow, don't know how to READ! just look at my username. it explains everything
fixed

navy
03-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Bosh and the Heat just suck at rebounding and boxing out. It is what it is. The way they play has something to do about it, but not the large disparity . They cant defend the post for shit either. The price of being small.

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Bosh averaged about 10.8 rebounds in his last year in toronto. by your logic he should average more than 9 given that he is not doing as much as he used to do on offense.

No. I was strictly talking about his Heat years.

He has the same defensive rebound percentage every Heat year besides last year. His overall rebounding numbers decreased every year because he is playing less minutes every year. He started at around 36 minutes in 2011. So far this year he is playing 31 minutes.

He is avging 1.5 less rebounds between those 2 years but only .3% less overall rebound%. And actually .6% more on defensive rebounds.

Nothing wrong with his rebounding numbers. Because he's been consistent every year on the Heat. Unless you were bagging him from the start in 2011, then you shouldn't be bagging him this year.

Rose'sACL
03-14-2014, 04:14 PM
No. I was strictly talking about his Heat years.

He has the same defensive rebound percentage every Heat year besides last year. His overall rebounding numbers decreased every year because he is playing less minutes every year. He started at around 36 minutes in 2011. So far this year he is playing 31 minutes.

He is avging 1.5 less rebounds between those 2 years but only .3% less overall rebound%. And actually .6% more on defensive rebounds.

Nothing wrong with his rebounding numbers. Because he's been consistent every year on the Heat. Unless you were bagging him from the start in 2011, then you shouldn't be bagging him this year.
i am not. he should have rebounded better in every year in miami.i would even accept his 8.3 rebounds per game like he did in 2011. His rebounding numbers against indiana last playoffs were so awful.

riseagainst
03-14-2014, 04:25 PM
i am not. he should have rebounded better in every year in miami.i would even accept his 8.3 rebounds per game like he did in 2011. His rebounding numbers against indiana last playoffs were so awful.

oh geez. Bosh wasn;t called in to be a rebound specialist. Plus, good luck trying to out-rebound Indiana.