PDA

View Full Version : Joakim Noah > Dwight Howard

selrahc
03-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Joakim shat on Dwight last night. Dwight has way better teammates but Joakim just straight up shat on Dwights face and said **** you bitch, Im the best center in the league.

STATUTORY
03-14-2014, 03:07 PM
The list of centers that have shat on Dwight is pretty long

Shabba Ranks
03-14-2014, 03:07 PM
noah gonna no

BlackWhiteGreen
03-14-2014, 03:14 PM
He was better last night.

Not overall.

Andrei89
03-14-2014, 03:15 PM
No.

selrahc
03-14-2014, 03:20 PM
He was better last night.

Not overall.

noah is better than dwight in every facet of the game except turning the ball over

russwest0
03-14-2014, 03:21 PM
No shit. Water is wet as well.

J Shuttlesworth
03-14-2014, 03:23 PM
LeBron shat on KD last time they met. I guess LeBron > KD right?

TheMarkMadsen
03-14-2014, 03:50 PM
yup, Noah has more impact on both sides of the ball.

More assist, (5 apg for a center is really good especially these days) less turnovers, more steals.

bballnoob1192
03-14-2014, 03:54 PM
5apg is actually quite amazing for center

ForeverHeat
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Hate Noah but have to agree. Dwight is only better at scoring, and he isnt even that good at that.

Milbuck
03-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Noah is probably the only guy in the league who I could realistically see getting a quadruple double.

He's just an overall better and more complete basketball player. I don't think people understand how difficult it is to crack 5 assists per game as a center.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-14-2014, 04:22 PM
noah is better than dwight in every facet of the game except turning the ball over

So, to confirm:

12.2 points is better than 18.6
Shooting .485 is better than shooting .586
12.4 rebounds is worse than 11.3
1.5 blocks is better than 1.8
.554 winning% is better than .677

And Howard does it in marginally less MPG

every facet of the game doe

"eye test" theory incoming

SexSymbol
03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
So, to confirm:

12.2 points is better than 18.6
Shooting .485 is better than shooting .586
12.4 rebounds is worse than 11.3
1.5 blocks is better than 1.8

And Howard does it in marginally less MPG

every facet of the game doe

"eye test" theory incoming
Statistics are a shit way to compare players. Watch the game man

Howard isn't better than Noah, Demarcus, or B.Lopez(when healthy). Hibbert's in the same league too

moe94
03-14-2014, 04:36 PM

Howard isn't better than Noah, Demarcus, or B.Lopez(when healthy). Hibbert's in the same league too

He already addressed that by mocking "eye test"

:roll:

You not liking a player or how he plays doesn't mean they're worse than the stats suggest. Why people cannot get this through their heads is beyond me.

rezznor
03-14-2014, 04:39 PM
He already addressed that by mocking "eye test"

:roll:

You not liking a player or how he plays doesn't mean they're worse than the stats suggest. Why people cannot get this through their heads is beyond me.
haha blackwhitegreen pretty much called it

russwest0
03-14-2014, 04:40 PM
lmao at people still box score scouting to determine value.

Railgun
03-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Nah. He's close though. 2011 Howard shits on anything Noah has EVER accomplished. Howard at his best this season is still better too.

moe94
03-14-2014, 04:46 PM
lmao at people still box score scouting to determine value.

Stats are only useful when they go with your agenda. This retard acting like he doesn't spew Westbrook and Durant regular season stats to show how they're the best player in their position. :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
03-14-2014, 04:47 PM

Even if stats aren't the be all and end all of comparing players, the fact that Dwight has better stats practically across the board at least shows something. And if someone's coming with a claim like "Noah is better at every facet of the game", they better have some proof. And there really isn't any

Denitron
03-14-2014, 05:01 PM
OP :applause:

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2014, 05:04 PM

Don't use team stats to compare individual players.

moe94
03-14-2014, 05:07 PM

I never want anyone to bring up rings again. :coleman:

russwest0
03-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Stats are only useful when they go with your agenda. This retard acting like he doesn't spew Westbrook and Durant regular season stats to show how they're the best player in their position. :oldlol:

you can use stats or watch the game, and it's clear Westbrook and Durant are best at their position.

people here overvalue stats so I am forced to use them to present my claim

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I never want anyone to bring up rings again. :coleman:

Won't work for everyone. Some like to use rings.

Railgun
03-14-2014, 05:20 PM
you can use stats or watch the game, and it's clear Westbrook and Durant are best at their position.

people here overvalue stats so I am forced to use them to present my claim
No they aren't. Shut the **** up.

Smook A.
03-14-2014, 05:25 PM

Did you just say a healthy Brook Lopez is better than Dwight?? :roll: :roll:

Lopez plays NO defense and he can't rebound for SHIT. He is just an offensive center. Hibbert can't rebound either. He scores 11-12 ppg. Roy Hibbert is really only good at defense.

I think Dwight, Noah, and Cousins are the 3 best centers

JimmyMcAdocious
03-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Would take a healthy Gasol and Bogut over Dwight, along with Noah and Cousins.

MVBallin2K
03-14-2014, 05:42 PM
When Dwight's on, he can be dominant and impact a game but Joakim does much more than Dwight overall. Noah handles the ball better, thus resulting in less turnovers and his passing is out of this world for his position. Look no further than how he played Dwight to see how he can impact the defensive end by getting in his head and taking him out of the game. Noah can also hit shots that aren't in the post which means that he can draw centers out to have to guard him which Dwight can't do. Then take into account that Noah has a team that struggles offensively and he's still averaging that many assists as a center, it's pretty amazing.

Overall? Orlando Dwight had some great years so I'm not sure you can say Noah's better than him overall. This season? I think he has a pretty good case. I'll be fair and say that if we switched roles, perhaps Dwight would be more dominant being able to have to carry the load of a team but also on that note, Noah might average more assists with how offensive minded Houston is.

Smook A.
03-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Would take a healthy Gasol and Bogut over Dwight, along with Noah and Cousins.
Bogut and Gasol? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jimmy, lay off the crack cocaine buddy

Railgun
03-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Lets not act like Dwight didn't just have a terrible game last night either.
Last game vs Chicago he had 23 on 79% shooting.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-14-2014, 05:54 PM

Winning no longer important, OK.

Noah handles the ball better, thus resulting in less turnovers

1 a game, RUINING Houston's chances at a title

Smook A.
03-14-2014, 05:54 PM
People sayin Dwight is bad because he played 2 bad games. If some of you were actually smart you'd know he has been performing great all season long

MVBallin2K
03-14-2014, 06:01 PM

1 a game, RUINING Houston's chances at a title

Last night was played at a Playoff style tempo though. Half court,, slowed down and grit and grime. In that game, Dwight had seven turnovers and his team couldn't get into the game.

It's a separate thread in and of itself if Houston can play that way in the Playoffs since they won't see the Bulls unless both teams make the Finals but let's not act like it's rare that Dwight turns over the ball when teams play him right. Chicago lost it's franchise player and Deng who was a pretty key part in their offense and their still winning. You can say that it's a system that's doing it but Noah is a vital part of that system with all he does. Dwight is winning with a good, offensive minded team and a legit second option. Noah is winning with Boozer as the other main option and a bunch of more defensive minded players. I'm not downplaying Dwight at all, because I almost think it's an unfair comparison due to Dwight having better teammates, thus he could probably beast more if he didn't but that's the situation each are in.

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2014, 06:30 PM

Winning is a team achievement. You're logic of attributing the Houston Rockets winning % to Dwight Howard alone makes no sense. You're basically using Kendrick Perkins's argument that OKC Thunder achieved a high winning % because of him and him alone.

russwest0
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM
And what does Dwight do vs OKC, the team the West runs through?

Oh, we don't talk about that huh :oldlol:

Railgun
03-14-2014, 06:37 PM
And what does Dwight do vs OKC, the team the West runs through?

Oh, we don't talk about that huh :oldlol:
OKC isn't the best team in the West.

russwest0
03-14-2014, 06:39 PM
OKC isn't the best team in the West.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Who is then?

Railgun
03-14-2014, 06:42 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Who is then?
Spurs or Clippers.

YouGotServed
03-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Winning is a team achievement. You're logic of attributing the Houston Rockets winning % to Dwight Howard alone makes no sense. You're basically using Kendrick Perkins's argument that OKC Thunder achieved a high winning % because of him and him alone.

Kendrick Perkins is a scrub, he doesn't have the stats to back it up. Dwight does. Dwight is a lot better than Noah. He has the stats to back it up and his team is winning more. Fact.

Rocketswin2013
03-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Dwight is the worst officiated player I've ever seen. This era is more suited for finesse guys like Noah, you simply cannot impose your will with strength. Offensive foul waiting to happen. On the other end, people hook his arms on rebounds every time a shot goes up. With all that said, Dwight is still putting up better stats on a better team. What I hate is he could be doing so much more. Alot of factors go into him not doing that though.

russwest0
03-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Spurs or Clippers.

lmfao. yes, the Spurs that OKC beat in 6 two years ago and has 3-0'd this year?

And THE CLIPPERS? :lol :lol :lol

just ruined your credibility right there

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Kendrick Perkins is a scrub, he doesn't have the stats to back it up. Dwight does. Dwight is a lot better than Noah. He has the stats to back it up and his team is winning more. Fact.

Right, but I'm on the side that Howard's individual production is more than enough to compare to Noah's individual production.

IncarceratedBob
03-14-2014, 07:03 PM
houston would be an actual threat to win the title if they had gasol or noah imo

stats arent everything guise

Bandito
03-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Dwight is the best center of the league. Get over it!

toxicxr6
03-14-2014, 07:30 PM
lmfao. yes, the Spurs that OKC beat in 6 two years ago and has 3-0'd this year?

And THE CLIPPERS? :lol :lol :lol

just ruined your credibility right there

Didn't Memphis beat spurs in 6 then 2 years later the spurs embarrassed them with a sweep!?
And right now I wouldn't be pumping my chest about OKC as the last 3 weeks they have been playing like rubbish...
Right now spurs are better than OKC and I can't see anyone seeing it any different..

andremiller07
03-14-2014, 07:35 PM
To me it's between Noah/Dwight/Gasol as the first tier since they impact winning more than any other C with Jefferson/Hibbert/Cousins/Horford (healthy)/Lopez (healthy) in that 2nd tier.

This year has actually been a good year for C's you got Drummond/DJ having good seasons as well

inclinerator
03-14-2014, 07:42 PM
maybe, defense is a wash, offense dwight is slightly better scoring but joakim noah infinitely better passer

Collie
03-14-2014, 07:51 PM
The only thing Noah is better than Dwight at is passing and passion. I find Dwight as whiny as everybody else, but he's still far the best center in the NBA.