PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum sucks!

LakersDynasty
03-07-2007, 11:37 PM
7 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2-6 shooting on a night where our 3 best players and scorers are out and we needed him to step up.

Andrew Bogut who was being guarded by Bynum most of the time had 22/6/5 with a steal and a block on 10-12 shooting.

This kid will never amount to anything special, it's best to trade him now for an established star before other teams realize how terrible he is and his trade value goes down. I wish we would have traded him for Kidd.

He's weak, lazy, has a poor work ethic, unathletic, jumps 10 inches, has a low basketball IQ, gets pushed around in the paint, tries to block every shot and ends up in foul trouble, he's not a good man to man defender and might be one of the worst rebounders in the league considering he's 7'1, 285 lbs. Even Kwame Brown is better than him, I want him gone!!!

BradMiller52
03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
That's pretty harsh considering he's only 19 and he's only in his 2nd year in the league. Keep in mind the guy got 0 PT last year. Young players have nights when they play extremely well and then nights where they dissappear. Before Kevin Martin broke out this year he had a few of those games last year.

LakersDynasty
03-07-2007, 11:47 PM
That's pretty harsh considering he's only 19 and he's only in his 2nd year in the league. Keep in mind the guy got 0 PT last year. Young players have nights when they play extremely well and then nights where they dissappear. Before Kevin Martin broke out this year he had a few of those games last year.
Yes but I'm not seeing much potential in him, it really isn't a few bad games here and there. The last really good game was on opening night against the Suns, he just does not have "it." It would be wise for the Lakers to trade him first chance they get before he plays another year or two and then they realize that he hasn't made any strides forward. At that point it would be too late to trade him and get good value back. Also look at Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard, these guys were doing it in their rookie year, you could tell that they would be perennial all-stars. I'm not saying I expected Bynum to be that good but he needs to show us more than this, him being untouchable is ridiculous. What are they going to do, waste Kobe's prime for a kid that will never amount to anything? And if he does (yea right) Kobe will already be out of his prime.

Spike Spiegel
03-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Should've made the Kidd trade.

brwnman
03-07-2007, 11:49 PM
He is young, he shows glimpses of being great and then falls off big time, it's almost like any young player...

Spike Spiegel
03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
He is young, he shows glimpses of being great and then falls off big time, it's almost like any young player...

It's just that not all young players have Laker fans that exhault them to "potential HOF" status at age 19 after a handful of impressive games.

RidonKs
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Eh, I'd trade him + picks/filler for Kidd, or Pau, if it could land them. Wouldn't give up both him and Odom though, unless it got us KG.

And he's not going to play well every night. He's young, inexperienced, and just not very smart. But with some of the flashes he's shown this year, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

And you and sizzle are both emotional roller coasters. Seriously. Mildly entertaining actually. :)

And yeah, Bogut > Bynum now with absolute ease. Hell, you could probably throw in an extra > in there. But I wouldn't trade Bynum for Bogut right now. The fact remains that it's much harder to find a "Bynum" than it is to find a "Bogut". One is a face up player with some nice skill, great smarts, and a nice upside. There are quite a few of those. On the other side, you have a massive (245lbs vs 285 lbs) back to the basket player who has shown flashes of a player with an array of jumphooks, baby jumpers, and dropsteps, with great touch around the basket. You also have a HUGE shotblocking disparity between the two players in favour of Bynum, who has shown the ability to create at least a little bit of intimadation around the basket that LA sorely needs. What it really comes down to is the fact that you can teach smarts and postmoves a lot better than you can teach 40lbs. And those 40lbs play a damn big role in my mind.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Could have had Kidd wit Kobe in the backcourt. This is one game, When Bynum has a dominant game we will have many threads.

Give the Kid some time he's only 19.

Loki
03-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Should've made the Kidd trade.

DLeagueWannabe
03-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Bynum will probably be a solid NBA center...HOF?????....I doubt it, and I'm the biggest Laker fan on earth....

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 12:03 AM
A post I had a week ago:

And I still wouldnt give him for Kidd, not because Kidd isnt worth it, but because he could be a major piece in getting someone like Pau or KG

Well, I'd have to agree that if the Lakers have that chance then yeah I would've held onto him too.

But what are the chances like? I haven't really heard much about Pau or KG to the Lakers...

brwnman
It's just that not all young players have Laker fans that exhault them to "potential HOF" status at age 19 after a handful of impressive games.

I bet you that majority of the Lakers' fans did not say he is a potential HOF, rather there were only a few; maybe 1 or 2 and you're juss speaking from that...

GOBB
Trade for Kidd and you're down a big man. Who is Kidd passing too again? When was Kidd an offensive force? DPOY? Kidd saw his team lose to the Sixers. Up by 17. Kidd is watching the Nets struggle to win games and cut a lead by the Raptors. Sorry i dont see how Kidd makes that much of a difference. You only make the trade if Kidd impacts and improved the Lakers by a significasnt margin.

Bynum is a kid. You're asking a kid who plays a position where he needs to develop and learn to be effiective like most big men in the NBA to be a beast. He's not ready yet...takes time. You're not being realistic with him.

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Eh, I'd trade him + picks/filler for Kidd, or Pau, if it could land them. Wouldn't give up both him and Odom though, unless it got us KG.

And he's not going to play well every night. He's young, inexperienced, and just not very smart. But with some of the flashes he's shown this year, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

And you and sizzle are both emotional roller coasters. Seriously. Mildly entertaining actually. :)

And yeah, Bogut > Bynum now with absolute ease. Hell, you could probably throw in an extra > in there. But I wouldn't trade Bynum for Bogut right now. The fact remains that it's much harder to find a "Bynum" than it is to find a "Bogut". One is a face up player with some nice skill, great smarts, and a nice upside. There are quite a few of those. On the other side, you have a massive (245lbs vs 285 lbs) back to the basket player who has shown flashes of a player with an array of jumphooks, baby jumpers, and dropsteps, with great touch around the basket. You also have a HUGE shotblocking disparity between the two players in favour of Bynum, who has shown the ability to create at least a little bit of intimadation around the basket that LA sorely needs. What it really comes down to is the fact that you can teach smarts and postmoves a lot better than you can teach 40lbs. And those 40lbs play a damn big role in my mind.

The problemI have with that is, even with the flashes he shows, as longas he plays like he can only understand concepts at a 4th grade level, that potential will lead to nothing. I prefer smart, polished players as opposed to dumb players with raw potential, I guess.

And that Myspace he had shows no sense of intelligence to me. That, and him coming forth with all the public *****ing about wanting to be in the starting lineup. Your coach is Phil friggin' Jackson. He knows what's better for you than you do, Bynum.

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Again, this isn't about tonight's game, merely used this game as an example. He's been horrible for the past few months and it seems to get worse with every game, he needs to be pulled out of the starting line-up.

brwnman
03-08-2007, 12:13 AM
It was a slight exaggeration, and I mean slight. Do you remember the boards in the first week of the season? There was more Bynum nut-hugging than there was Kobe banging, if you can believe that.

I know what you're talking about, but c'mon man, you calling that a slight exaggeration is kinda wrong... it wasn't that bad... I recall people calling him like an ALL-STAR soon, and like one of the best centers currently in the nba and how dominant he is gonna be in the future and such, but HOF is stretching it...

GOBB
03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Here is the thing tho...with all the obvious stated about Bynum if you put him on the table and dangled him as trade bait? You'd get great value in return. And that right there speaks volumes. You may not feel he will pan out etc etc but other teams think this kid is a stud and by age 22 will be a force. I dont think anyone (reasonable fan that is), any team feels Bynum is an impact player at age 19 dispite his play this season. Its the potential he has that when he develops his game, his body he will be doing great things.

Sixers will give u Denver and Dallas first round picks in 2007 for Bynum.

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I know what you're talking about, but c'mon man, you calling that a slight exaggeration is kinda wrong... it wasn't that bad... I recall people calling him like an ALL-STAR soon, and like one of the best centers currently in the nba and how dominant he is gonna be in the future and such, but HOF is stretching it...

I saw HOF multiple times...though I admit, maybe I was just seeing multiple psosts by the same posters, as the Laker personas here sometimes begin to run together. But even an all-star level guy 'soon' is a ridiculous statement.

brwnman
03-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I saw HOF multiple times...though I admit, maybe I was just seeing multiple psosts by the same posters, as the Laker personas here sometimes begin to run together. But even an all-star level guy 'soon' is a ridiculous statement.

I agree, patience is the key but I think it's normal on boards for fans to over-react and stuff...

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Here is the thing tho...with all the obvious stated about Bynum if you put him on the table and dangled him as trade bait? You'd get great value in return. And that right there speaks volumes. You may not feel he will pan out etc etc but other teams think this kid is a stud and by age 22 will be a force. I dont think anyone, any team feels Bynum is an impact player at age 19 dispite his play this season. Its the potential he has that when he develops his game, his body he will be doing great things.

Sixers will give u Denver and Dallas first round picks in 2007 for Bynum.

That's true, but I'm basing my criticisms based off of what I've already stated (my biggest point is that he just doesn't have bball IQ, and people with high potential but low bball IQ rarely pan out). GM's see the word "potential" and go nuts over it a little too much IMO.

The only player I've seen recently that had both high potential and high bball IQ NOT work out is Darko...but it seems that his high bball IQ may have been exaggerated...that or his confidence level was just destroyed beyond repair.

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 12:20 AM
I agree, patience is the key but I think it's normal on boards for fans to over-react and stuff...

I guess its just more pronounced and nauseuating when it's the Laker fans because of their huge # of users. :x

Gundress
03-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I agree everything what you said. I Don't know what people see in him??....Come on, People said, "he's only 19" so what? look at LeBron James age.

Should've trade to Jason Kidd. Lakers idiot.

Q.E.C
03-08-2007, 12:26 AM
and they compared him to shaq???

G-train
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I see Bynum developing into a jamaal magloire in the least.

SO just relax and hang onto him.

He is 7 foot and 19- yes he looks mechanical and his skills are sketchey, but he is getting NBA tuition at 19. He'll be really solid in a few years

brwnman
03-08-2007, 12:33 AM
I guess its just more pronounced and nauseuating when it's the Laker fans because of their huge # of users. :x

haha ya, but i'm used to it, cause I'm a raptors fan and some of them are that way... but most of our fan base is actually pretty good, but there is a select few that are real extreme and just overrate players and are oblivious to the truth, and when they are proven wrong, they can't seem to admit they were wrong... Well what can you do? it's a forum, gotta live with it...

Gundress
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
I see Bynum developing into a jamaal magloire in the least.

SO just relax and hang onto him.

He is 7 foot and 19- yes he looks mechanical and his skills are sketchey, but he is getting NBA tuition at 19. He'll be really solid in a few years

LMAO....that don't mean sh*t to me. If you in NBA, you should know better and get ready. Its like a "JOB". A person who hired you cause they expect you have a experience so it won't waste their time.

G-train
03-08-2007, 12:44 AM
LMAO....that don't mean sh*t to me. If you in NBA, you should know better and get ready. Its like a "JOB". A person who hired you cause they expect you have a experience so it won't waste their time.

and like when your beginning a high pressure job, it takes time to learn

Do i need to list all the players who started slowly but were drafted with the view to develop?

Batchoy
03-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Eh, I'd trade him + picks/filler for Kidd, or Pau, if it could land them. Wouldn't give up both him and Odom though, unless it got us KG.As of now, The Lakers don't have the time to wait for Bynum to become the 18/10/2.5 (pts/rebs/blks) player he is supposed to be averaging when he matures. That's going to take about 4 to 5 years, and by that time Kobe will be on his downward slide in terms of stat production. Look at Jermaine O'Neal and Curry. They started to get the "feel of the game" around 23 to 25 yrs of age. Bynum is that type of player. He is not a LeBron, Kobe, T-Mac, or Garnett talent where they could handle the game early in their careers. If the Lakers were rebuilding, then I'd accept about 3 more years of mediocracy before the fruits of their labor come about, but then you will have wasted Kobe's best years before that eventual slide from elite status to ordinary star.

If I were Mitch, I'd offer Bynum, Kwame (expiring contract), and a first round pick for Pau Gasol this off season. But that may be too low for Memphis and Jerry West to agree upon. Then I'd sweeten the pot by adding Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, but then I would also ask for Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift in return. Memphis would get an inside presence, an expiring contract and a vet in Bynum, Kwame, and Odom. While LA would get a solid big man and young talents in Gasol and Gay/Swift respectively. I know Gay could turn into a great player, but Hakim Warrick is also there and can also turn into a very good player and Bynum has just as much upside (maybe even more because he's a big man) than Gay. I also don't know if all the salaries would match up correctly, but I really like this trade for both teams. What do y'all think???

Lakers 2008-09 starting lineup:
Parker - Lakers could find a vet in the off season to replace him
Kobe
Gay
Turiaf - I like Turiaf because of the all the energy he plays with.
Gasol

Bench:
Farmar
Evans
Radmanovic
Swift

Grizzlies 2008-09 starting lineup:
Stoudamire
Miller
Walton/Warrick
Odom
Bynum

Bench:
Atkins
Jones
Warrick
Kwame

24/7
03-08-2007, 12:47 AM
This kid will never amount to anything special, it's best to trade him now for an established star before other teams realize how terrible he is and his trade value goes down. I wish we would have traded him for Kidd.

He's weak, lazy, has a poor work ethic, unathletic, jumps 10 inches, has a low basketball IQ, gets pushed around in the paint, tries to block every shot and ends up in foul trouble, he's not a good man to man defender and might be one of the worst rebounders in the league considering he's 7'1, 285 lbs. Even Kwame Brown is better than him, I want him gone!!!

I hate my own "Laker fans", seems like only Kobe can have an off game these days without people screaming they "suck
. Bynum will be fine, not only is he 19, he's a young 19. The youngest player ever to play in the NBA. He has a tremendous array of fundamentals for such a young big man. Low post, skilled 7 footers are too rare these days to be just giving up on a 19 year old.

Fickle Kobe fans make me want to puke.

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Los Angeles Lakers fans (I use that term loosely) need to calm down and quit getting frustrated. Why is it that people feel the need to single out players who really have no impact on the game yet??? Some people need to calm down.

Instead of saying Andrew Bynum sucks, one can say, "At least he's getting playing time and experience against a good Center like Andrew Bogut."

Why feel the need to single Andrew Bynum out today??? Did you expect him to score thirty points, twenty rebounds, and ten assists today??? Come on man.

Furthermore, why single the young center out when you know that injuries and suspensions are one of the reasons why this team didn't play that well??? This was a team effort. Give them a little bit of credit considering the situation they've been in. Come on man.

I'm proud of the Los Angeles Lakers today. They gave a good effort considering the suspension and injuries they've been dealing with. Good job Los Angeles Lakers!!!

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
I hate my own "Laker fans", seems like only Kobe can have an off game these days without people screaming they "suck
. Bynum will be fine, not only is he 19, he's a young 19. The youngest player ever to play in the NBA. He has a tremendous array of fundamentals for such a young big man. Low post, skilled 7 footers are too rare these days to be just giving up on a 19 year old.

Fickle Kobe fans make me want to puke.
So because I don't buy into the Bynum hype like you do I'm just a Kobe fan? Judging by your other posts you're trying too hard to make yourself look like the only "real" Lakers fan on here.

Dwight Howard was 19, Amare was 19, they were beasts. Bynum is a joke, trade him while he still has value.

I'm proud of the Los Angeles Lakers today. They gave a good effort considering the suspension and injuries they've been dealing with. Good job Los Angeles Lakers!!!
Someone didn't watch the game.

profiled
03-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Anyone who makes any definitive judgements one way or another with a 19 year old player whose shown glimpses of being a star, and also made Kwame Brown look like a ball handling God, is simply ignorant.

I appreciate the fact that the Lakers front office wants to keep Bynum in their hands in case he does turn out to be a truly great player, but at some point you have to placate your star player, otherwise they'll turn into AI/KG, disgruntled, angry, and ultimately a failure to win anything on their own.

Not only that, with Odom's apparently Mr. Glass like fraility, what on earth do they have to offer to get anything substantial except for expiring contracts, to rectify this situation so that Bynum can mature on a team with real expectations of success; and not riding Kobe to another 6th, 7th or 8th seed and 1st round exit, all the while witnessing one of the greatest players of our time crumbling under his inability to cary a team single handedly...

Gundress
03-08-2007, 12:58 AM
and like when your beginning a high pressure job, it takes time to learn

Do i need to list all the players who started slowly but were drafted with the view to develop?

Believe me, Ander Bynum will be next "Kwame Brown". Not next KG.

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 01:23 AM
So because I don't buy into the Bynum hype like you do I'm just a Kobe fan? Judging by your other posts you're trying too hard to make yourself look like the only "real" Lakers fan on here.

Dwight Howard was 19, Amare was 19, they were beasts. Bynum is a joke, trade him while he still has value.

Someone didn't watch the game.

What were you expecting today??? Alot of people were probably expecting worse. Just be happy nobody else got suspended or injured.

Kobe4life
03-08-2007, 01:23 AM
**** the buss family and cupcake seriously these idiots don't know **** about drafting, buss is probably at playboy mansion and i can't believe the lakers did not pick gerald green or danny granger

24/7
03-08-2007, 01:25 AM

When you have been following the Lakers as a fan since you were a kid and have watched guys develop a female-like obsession over Kobe to the point of scapegoating every single non-Kobe Laker player for all their problems, you get kinda of s!ck over this sh!t. Not only am I Laker fan but Kobe is my favorite player, not to the point that I have lost all my objectivity though. What kind of true fans wouldn't hesitate to make a topic sayng how certain Laker players suck, but have almost never found themselves saying an ill word about their superstar, even if has played lousy?

I'm from SoCal and supposedly you are too, so you get a pass. But to all "Lakers fans" who aren't from SoCal and have latched onto "our" team, and are constantly ripping on all the Lakers sans Kobe, while acting like Kobe is god almighty himself, you can kiss my ass you bunch of hero worshippers.

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 01:26 AM
What were you expecting today??? Alot of people were probably expecting worse. Just be happy nobody else got suspended or injured.
Like I said numerous times in this thread, my frustration with Bynum doesn't come from one game, it's been going on since december. He hasn't made any strides forward since the pre-season.

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Like I said numerous times in this thread, my frustration with Bynum doesn't come from one game, it's been going on since december. He hasn't made any strides forward since the pre-season.

He hasn't had a chance to make any strides forward. This team has been plagued with injuries. No one expected Andrew Bynum to be playing as many minutes as he is playing right now. He is supposed to be a two to three year project, yet he's been asking to do more than anyone has ever expected of him to do. He wasn't supposed to play this many games. He was supposed to play behind Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm and learn from their experiences, but the circumstances that have arisen has turned him into a starter which no one expected of until a couple years from now.

At least consider those facts before bashing the man.

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 01:35 AM
When you have been following the Lakers as a fan since you were a kid and have watched guys develop a female-like obsession over Kobe to the point of scapegoating every single non-Kobe Laker player for all their problems, you get kinda of s!ck over this sh!t. Not only am I Laker fan but Kobe is my favorite player, not to the point that I have lost all my objectivity though. What kind of true fans wouldn't hesitate to make a topic sayng how certain Laker players suck, but have almost never found themselves saying an ill word about their superstar, even if has played lousy?

I've blamed Kobe plenty of times for losses especially in the beginning of the season when he was struggling and the supporting cast was playing really well. Early in the season it seemed like the only time we lost is when Kobe had an off night because our supporting cast was very consistent, always 1 or 2 guys that would go off for 20+ points. But with the injuries and the way things have been going since january it's hard to put much blame on Kobe who is our most consistent player.

I get frustrated when I see that our players aren't playing with 100% effort, don't try on defense and make ill-advised decisions (Parker, Cook in particular). When they do good, I praise them, when they **** up, I bash them. It just happens that we've been losing much more often than we've been winning. Bynum falls right in there with Cook and Smush because his head is not in the game, he doesn't have heart, doesn't have pride. This is why I find it hard to bash players like Evans, and Turiaf because even if they have an off night you know that they were playing their heart out. Smush was laughing tonight after he misses a freethrow (as he usually does), and I'm not supposed to get mad as a fan?

hotsizzle
03-08-2007, 01:35 AM
First thing is first, and I've been saying this for a while..try to WIN now while we have a HOF player in his prime. It was all good in November/December be they were winning...if it aint broke, dont fix it. We were winning and developing Bynum at the same time.

But ask yourself this, what IF Bynum doesnt turn into a stud like hes projectedto? Lets say he turns into Gasol (Good all-star player)..when? When Kobe is 34,35? Why not have Gasol right now at 26 playing with a Prime Kobe. Bynum wont turn into KG either, why not have KG right now playing with a PRime Kobe. Not to mention, PJax. You have to take oppurtunites to win when you have a star on your hands, especially someone that wants to win as badly as Kobe. Thats the issue here. Legit help can be brought right now.

And Ridonks, no roller coaster here. I call it how I see it. Im not going to be optimistic claiming 50 win season (as I did in preseason) when half our lineup is out, and at a 33-29 record

Kobe4life
03-08-2007, 01:37 AM
are the twolfs or memphis willing to trade for bynum?

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 01:38 AM
First thing is first, and I've been saying this for a while..try to WIN now while we have a HOF player in his prime. It was all good in November/December be they were winning...if it aint broke, dont fix it. We were winning and developing Bynum at the same time.

But ask yourself this, what IF Bynum doesnt turn into a stud like hes projectedto? Lets say he turns into Gasol (Good all-star player)..when? When Kobe is 34,35? Why not have Gasol right now at 26 playing with a Prime Kobe. Bynum wont turn into KG either, why not have KG right now playing with a PRime Kobe. Not to mention, PJax. You have to take oppurtunites to win when you have a star on your hands. Thats the issue here. Legit help can be brought right now.

And Ridonks, no roller coaster here. I call it how I see it. Im not going to be optimistic claiming 50 win season (as I did in preseason) when half our lineup is out, and at a 33-29 record

Why are you asking these questions now when the trading deadline is passed already??? You want Pau Gasol??? Consider which General Manager you're trading him to, look at the Los Angeles Lakers roster, then think about Pau Gasol again...on the Memphis Grizzlies.

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 01:40 AM
are the twolfs or memphis willing to trade for bynum?

Jerry West, General Manager of the Memphis Grizzlies, knows the Los Angeles Lakers inside and out and Kevin McHale, well, he's stuck on Kevin Garnett and probably is reluctant to trade to his old-time rival.

Trade Jordan Farmar and cash to the Phoenix Suns for their 2007 first rounder.

hotsizzle
03-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Why are you asking these questions now when the trading deadline is passed already??? You want Pau Gasol??? Consider which General Manager you're trading him to, look at the Los Angeles Lakers roster, then think about Pau Gasol again...on the Memphis Grizzlies.

I'm just saying, why are Lakers making Bynum so untouchable? Its not even about Bynum's playing right now, its about getting legit help to win NOW.

I threw KG and Gasol out there because both are rumored as trades this summer and both Memphis and Minnesota have made it clear they want young players in the deals

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Pau Gasol was going to be traded before the deadline to the Bulls, but the Grizzlies wanted both Gordon and Deng and Bulls said they could only have one of those players, that's the only reason he's still a Grizzly right now.

He's not happy there, he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team while he is in his prime. We could trade Bynum + filler for Gasol in the offseason if Jerry West accepts the offer, but Kupchak has already stated that Bynum is untouchable so I don't see it happening no matter how the Laker season turns out.

The whole point of playing in the NBA is to try to win a title, it's obvious that the Lakers can't even contend for it for the next few years unless they get some help, so why not try to contend now while you have some major pieces (Kobe, Phil) instead of gambling with a 19 year old that might or might not pan out. Then what? You're going to look back and say "If the Lakers had traded Bynum for Gasol back then when it was possible, we could have had a real shot at a title."

Kobe4life
03-08-2007, 01:51 AM
is it true kupchak wanted to pick sean may but the buss' said theywanted to pick bynum?

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Pau Gasol was going to be traded before the deadline to the Bulls, but the Grizzlies wanted both Gordon and Deng and Bulls said they could only have one of those players, that's the only reason he's still a Grizzly right now.

He's not happy there, he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team while he is in his prime. We could trade Bynum + filler for Gasol in the offseason if Jerry West accepts the offer, but Kupchak has already stated that Bynum is untouchable so I don't see it happening no matter how the Laker season turns out.

The whole point of playing in the NBA is to try to win a title, it's obvious that the Lakers can't even contend for it for the next few years unless they get some help, so why not try to contend now while you have some major pieces (Kobe, Phil) instead of gambling with a 19 year old that might or might not pan out. Then what? You're going to look back and say "If the Lakers had traded Bynum for Gasol back then when it was possible, we could have had a real shot at a title."

Yeah but you're dealing with Jerry West, who knows the Los Angeles Lakers inside and out. You really think he's going to trade Pau Gasol for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum??? He's not going to. He probably laughed at that idea.

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 02:00 AM
Yeah but you're dealing with Jerry West, who knows the Los Angeles Lakers inside and out. You really think he's going to trade Pau Gasol for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum??? He's not going to. He probably laughed at that idea.
He would definitely trade Gasol for Odom/Bynum. You get one borderline all star and another future all-star as so many of you like to think. Most people (non Laker fans) think that a Odom/Bynum for KG trade is fair to both teams, and Gasol isn't KG.

hotsizzle
03-08-2007, 02:03 AM

In the summer, Jerry West called the Lakers one of the most talented teams in the league.

Btw, West is gone from Memphis. The new owners dont want him

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 02:07 AM
In the summer, Jerry West called the Lakers one of the most talented teams in the league.

Btw, West is gone from Memphis. The new owners dont want him

Jerry West was just being nice. He's had history with the Los Angeles Lakers. He's the logo. His jersey is retired at Staples Center. He's not going to blast the Los Angeles Lakers. If he did blast the Los Angeles Lakers, it would make him look bitter because of his departure from the Los Angeles Lakers General Manager job

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 02:15 AM
He would definitely trade Gasol for Odom/Bynum. You get one borderline all star and another future all-star as so many of you like to think. Most people (non Laker fans) think that a Odom/Bynum for KG trade is fair to both teams, and Gasol isn't KG.

Lamar Odom has had troubles with inconsistencies throughout his career. He's having a hard time convincing a lot of Los Angeles Lakers fans that he's a legit second option considering how inconsistent he is. Trust me, consistency and assertiveness are issues he's been dealing with ever since his days at the University of Rhode Island.

Lamar Odom is a good player, but he's not a right fit for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Where oh where did anybody mention Andrew Bynum as a future All-Star??? There you go misunderstanding things again.

Jerry Buss would, absolutely, in no way, shape, or form, agree to this trade.

hotsizzle
03-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Lamar Odom has had troubles with inconsistencies throughout his career. He's having a hard time convincing a lot of Los Angeles Lakers fans that he's a legit second option considering how inconsistent he is. Trust me, consistency and assertiveness are issues he's been dealing with ever since his days at the University of Rhode Island.

Lamar Odom is a good player, but he's not a right fit for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Where oh where did anybody mention Andrew Bynum as a future All-Star??? There you go misunderstanding things again.

Jerry Buss would, absolutely, in no way, shape, or form, agree to this trade.

Why would Jerry Buss not agree to this if Odom is inconsistent and Bynum wont be an all star?

gts
03-08-2007, 02:27 AM
I just love all these people that say he sucks! he sucks! lets trade him for an all star... if he sucks then all you get for him is another player that sucks, you can't have it both ways... lets trade him for KG seems to be a fairly common cry, if he is so bad why would the wolves take him?

all you folks who are so quick to get on bynums band wagon then jump off again when he doesn't play well need to look at the bigger picture...

some say he doesn't have any basketball iq, where was that supposed to come from when bynum played less than 35 games in his high school career? he missed half his senoir year due to an injury, in high school he dealt with very few kids taller than 6'5'' now he's going up against men, not boys
last season he played in 46 games averaging 7 minutes a game, usually in garbage time, so this season alone he is averaging three times the minutes and close to playing in more games in this one season than his whole high school and his first in the nba combined... add to that the practice time the travel and, i'm quite certain fatigue is playing a hand in his spotty play

When the lakers drafted him mitch and jackson said they thought it would be a few years before he showed what he had going for him, in traing camp phil jackson had said time and time again he never expected bynum to carry any sort of work load for a couple years and he was hoping to get him in for a few minutes a game to keep him developing, remember big men take longer to develop, most experts i have heard say 24 years of age is about when he'd be hitting his stride... due to injuries this year the lakers have been forced to play him more than they ever meant for him to be playing... the big question is, if he sucks so bad and all you ish experts that think he's worthless, ask yourself why is it everytime a trade is talked about the other teams make bynum part of the package?

hotsizzle
03-08-2007, 02:32 AM
I just love all these people that say he sucks! he sucks! lets trade him for an all star... if he sucks then all you get for him is another player that sucks, you can't have it both ways... lets trade him for KG seems to be a fairly common cry, if he is so bad why would the wolves take him?

all you folks who are so quick to get on bynums band wagon then jump off again when he doesn't play well need to look at the bigger picture...

some say he doesn't have any basketball iq, where was that supposed to come from when bynum played less than 35 games in his high school career? he missed half his senoir year due to an injury, in high school he dealt with very few kids taller than 6'5'' now he's going up against men, not boys
last season he played in 46 games averaging 7 minutes a game, usually in garbage time, so this season alone he is averaging three times the minutes and close to playing in more games in this one season than his whole high school and his first in the nba combined... add to that the practice time the travel and, i'm quite certain fatigue is playing a hand in his spotty play

When the lakers drafted him mitch and jackson said they thought it would be a few years before he showed what he had going for him, in traing camp phil jackson had said time and time again he never expected bynum to carry any sort of work load for a couple years and he was hoping to get him in for a few minutes a game to keep him developing, remember big men take longer to develop, most experts i have heard say 24 years of age is about when he'd be hitting his stride... due to injuries this year the lakers have been forced to play him more than they ever meant for him to be playing... the big question is, if he sucks so bad and all you ish experts that think he's worthless, ask yourself why is it everytime a trade is talked about the other teams make bynum part of the package?

Just for the record, I'm not saying he sucks...but I just don't want to wait until he becomes what hes projected to be. Like I said, what if he becomes a Gasol? why not have Gasol right now if we can?

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Why would Jerry Buss not agree to this if Odom is inconsistent and Bynum wont be an all star?
He probably meant Jerry West. If Bynum is the deal-breaker in a trade for a HOF PG then he can easily land us Gasol, especially if Odom is included. Keep in mind that Gasol also wants out and what other offers can the Grizzlies get that are better than this? If people don't think Bynum will be an all-star then why not trade him for a legit star and contend now instead of being stuck in mediocrity for the next few years? It just doesn't make any sense.

LakerRaider
03-08-2007, 02:35 AM

I meant to write Jerry West. Different Jerry.

gts
03-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Just for the record, I'm not saying he sucks...but I just don't want to wait until he becomes what hes projected to be. Like I said, what if he becomes a Gasol? why not have Gasol right now if we can?
I agree with what your saying to some extent, my problem with any type trade is when you look at the roster if you have to give up 3 players like odom, walton and bynum for one all star it leaves the team with two allstars and a whole lot of bench players that literally wouldn't start on most teams.. so if you do that you still have to dip into the free agent market just to replentish the roster...i'd much rather see the lakers go after a rashard lewis (just an example) level free agent in the off season and move some of the role players in trades instead... bynum takes up little salary cap space, doesn't eat much and is house trained so i'm not so quick to move him, but if the right deal did come up, i'm not so in love with him that i'd be against a trade just not at the level that the nets wanted for kidd...

Force
03-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Bynum has a TON to learn still. He looks promising, but I think fans thought way way too much of him when he played some good games earlier. He needs to work on passing, decision making, setting screens, his defense is bad (although he has been impressive at blocking on help D) being in the right place on offense and defense etc. etc. He'll get better, but people were just overrating him early on. Nobody had any film on him earlier this year, now they know what to expect to how to exploit him better.

Force
03-08-2007, 02:56 AM
As far as trading him...If he is the difference between getting a superstar or not, than you should probably trade him. The Lakers should offer him along with Odom and extras and try to get KG. Kobe isn't going to go deep into the playoffs without another very good all star on the team. You need to remember that when Bynum is 24 years old, Kobe will be 33...These years right now and just a total waste of Kobe's prime...the Laker front office has just made a lot of bad decisions... This coming off season is when they need to make a real serious move. Kwame will be an expiring contract after next year so he'll be very very easy to trade...Brian Grants contract will be off the books, Odom will still have value and Bynum will be wanted by a lot of teams if they dangle him.

statman32
03-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Kinda off topic but is a center like bynum even that useful in the triangle offense???

Force
03-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Kinda off topic but is a center like bynum even that useful in the triangle offense???

Not so much when he's 19 years old with all kinds of flaws in his game. If he improves at those things, there is no reason why he can't excel in the triangle. He doesn't seem instinctively aggressive though, and he's not a super athlete either...no real explosion.

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 03:02 AM
As far as trading him...If he is the difference between getting a superstar or not, than you should probably trade him. The Lakers should offer him along with Odom and extras and try to get KG. Kobe isn't going to go deep into the playoffs without another very good all star on the team. You need to remember that when Bynum is 24 years old, Kobe will be 33...These years right now and just a total waste of Kobe's prime...the Laker front office has just made a lot of bad decisions... This coming off season is when they need to make a real serious move. Kwame will be an expiring contract after next year so he'll be very very easy to trade...Brian Grants contract will be off the books, Odom will still have value and Bynum will be wanted by a lot of teams if they dangle him.
Exactly my thoughts.

Sword.Dragons
03-08-2007, 03:08 AM

What if i became a millionaire in the future? why wouldn't i want the money right now?

Please, no one is goin to take a chance at a player whos 19, and has barley played in the leauge so far.. and theres no chance hes goin to be traded for Garnett or Gasol or any other PF,C in the leauge.

statman32
03-08-2007, 03:11 AM
What if i became a millionaire in the future? why wouldn't i want the money right now?

Please, no one is goin to take a chance at a player whos 19, and has barley played in the leauge so far.. and theres no chance hes goin to be traded for Garnett or Gasol or any other PF,C in the leauge.

HUH??? In the past teams have taken chances on guys just as young that have shown a lot less than bynum has :confusedshrug:

Sword.Dragons
03-08-2007, 03:17 AM
HUH??? In the past teams have taken chances on guys just as young that have shown a lot less than bynum has :confusedshrug:

But KG and Gasol are in their primes..
Which young guys were traded for a great player?

hotsizzle
03-08-2007, 03:51 AM

I think you misunderstood me. Im saying if Lakers have a chance to get Gasol right now...then why not do it rather than having to risk and see what they have in Bynum while Kobe's prime is passing by

Sword.Dragons
03-08-2007, 03:52 AM
I think you misunderstood me. Im saying if Lakers have a chance to get Gasol right now...then why not do it rather than having to risk and see what they have in Bynum while Kobe's prime is passing by

Oh my bad, i thought you ment it the other way around.

beau_boy04
03-08-2007, 04:24 AM
didnt he come out striahgt from high school? looking back at previous hs i see

format as follow:
name
1 season
2 season

k garnett
10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 apg
17.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.1 apg

jermaine o'neal
4.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg
4.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.3 apg

t-mac
7.0 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg
9.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.3 apg

and now the immortal kobe bryant
7.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.3 apg
15.4ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.5 apg

Andrew Bynum
1.6 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.2 apg
8.4 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg

i see a progress so for and as long as he develops dont get influence by the biggest bust kwame he'll be good in a year or two

beau_boy04
03-08-2007, 04:26 AM
i agree lamar odom seems to be a liability, and no matter how good he is if he doesnt see enough playing time due to his constant injuries, i say trade him out as soon as possible now that his value is up there.

HANNIBAL SMITH
03-08-2007, 05:22 AM
:oldlol: You Laker Fans kill me. Got damn, the Kid has been playing way beyond expectations so far this season and you guys still arent satisfied? The kid hardly gets enough touches as is to put up points, i'm shocked he's gives the lakeshow nearly 9 a game.

On the real, how many points did you expect him to score when nobody on the ****in roster sans Kobe and Walton, can deliver him the ball properly, especially yesterday when possbly the worst starting backcourt in Lakers history was out there on the floor. He cant create his shot consistently as of now so the lakers gotta set him up, get him going with a lob or sumthing.

Bynum's problems are his inability to stay outta foul trouble ( most of the time he gets rookie treatment from the refs) and strength, the kid needs to live in the weight room this off season, dont shoot no jumpers, no sky hooks and etc, weight room all off season.

If the Lakers gonna trade Bynum, i'd rather it be for a KG, not for Jason ****in Kidd or that nutty n!gga Ron Artest.

Lakerz_Forever
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
7 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2-6 shooting on a night where our 3 best players and scorers are out and we needed him to step up.

Andrew Bogut who was being guarded by Bynum most of the time had 22/6/5 with a steal and a block on 10-12 shooting.

he may suck now, but have faith habibi. :no: He won't suck when he's 26.

saKf
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Andrew Bynum sucks!
What a difference half a season makes.

We all choked so hard from having Bynum shoved down our collective throats at the beginning of the season. Now this topic comes up.

Foolish, Fickle Faker Fans (FFFF) strike again. There are reasonable ones out there, but it's like mixing manure and ice cream. Pretty well ruins the ice cream. Doesn't do much to the manure, though.

Darius
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Bynum is going to be a good center in 2 years.

But if you could have had Pau and didn't trade him... shame on the Lakers.

jody
03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
he did OK for a 19 year old player in his second season.

it's not like bynum is KWAME BROWN or anything, the BIGGEST BUST IN THE NBA.

did kwame brown win the game for the lakers? i will bash him every chance i get, to the point of becoming annoying. because i personally find it annoying how little people bash kwame brown.

he does NOTHING to win the lakers games and he's a number 1 overall pick. it boggles my mind why he gets a free pass while somebody starts a new thread to bash andrew bynum.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-08-2007, 05:11 PM
he did OK for a 19 year old player in his second season.

it's not like bynum is KWAME BROWN or anything, the BIGGEST BUST IN THE NBA.

did kwame brown win the game for the lakers? i will bash him every chance i get, to the point of becoming annoying. because i personally find it annoying how little people bash kwame brown.

he does NOTHING to win the lakers games and he's a number 1 overall pick. it boggles my mind why he gets a free pass while somebody starts a new thread to bash andrew bynum.

if you are SOOOOOOO worked up about it, start a new thread of Kwame bashing.
By the way, you are right that he has not lived up to expectations, but he is the Lakers best defender not named Kobe....and that counts for something.

loot
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
i think al jfferson >>> andrew bynum

Kobe24
03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
No wonder why people hate Laker fans. People were saying the EXACT same thing about Kobe.

"Kid is a chucker"
" Kobe is a choker"
" I can't believe we trade Vlade for this high school kid"
" Jerry West should never draft again"

AKA AAP
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM

What Al Jefferson is accomplishing this year, and what he will accomplish next year is something Bynum can only dream of. I find it funny how almost every Laker fan considers Bynum untradeable...even for the likes of KG or Dwight. :roll:

Soccer10
03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
No wonder why people hate Laker fans. People were saying the EXACT same thing about Kobe.

"Kid is a chucker"
" Kobe is a choker"
" I can't believe we trade Vlade for this high school kid"
" Jerry West should never draft again"

Ummmm noooo. You're dead wrong.

When we got Shaquille, trading Vlade made all the sense in the world and everyone was excited about Kobe's potential.
At first people liked Jones better because he was a more complete player and he played D but it was obvious that Kobe was eventually going to surpass him.
Kobe was already able to average 20 ppg in his 2nd year. Bynum OTOH is getting starters minutes and he's just not producing like that.
You can't compare Bynum to Kobe because it's a whole different level of talent.

After Kobe's first SPL few things were obvious.. That boy was destined for greatness. Still, people critized him for shooting too much etc but eventually he became a fan favorite.

SomeBunghole
03-08-2007, 07:15 PM
k garnett
10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 apg
17.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.1 apg

Andrew Bynum
1.6 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.2 apg
8.4 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg

i see a progress so for and as long as he develops dont get influence by the biggest bust kwame he'll be good in a year or two

After looking at these stats, you can really see how insane the idea of trading Garnett for any package headed by Bynum is. Garnett was an All-star his second year out of higschool while Bynum is still at a point where people claim that he at the very least needs Steve Nash to pass him the ball so he could score. Who did Garnett have his first year in the league to set him up? Aging Terry Porter well past his prime.

Oh, and since we're throwin stats out, Kwame's first 2 years:

4.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.8apg
7.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.7apg

Is that really all that different from Bynum's stats?

LakersDynasty
03-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Why don't you guys stick to the ****ing topic instead of throwing out little petty insults like "Laker fans said this and Laker fans act like..."

gb8
03-08-2007, 11:07 PM
A genuine 7 foot player with a soft touch around the basket and decent offensive footwork is so rare in this league that even if he turns out to be a 16 8 kind of player he would be a top 5 centre in this league given its current state. The guy has upside but if we can get a superstar low post player ala kg by having to lose him I would do it and i have said this all along.

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
A genuine 7 foot player with a soft touch around the basket and decent offensive footwork is so rare in this league that even if he turns out to be a 16 8 kind of player he would be a top 5 centre in this league given its current state. The guy has upside but if we can get a superstar low post player ala kg by having to lose him I would do it and i have said this all along.

A soft touch doesn't mean you basically throw four straight inside shots off the back of the rim. His 'touch' is very, very overrated.

gb8
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
A soft touch doesn't mean you basically throw four straight inside shots off the back of the rim. His 'touch' is very, very overrated.

One game doesnt provide a meaningfull sample size to judge his touch, I have seen enough games to get a good idea his finishing around the basket and I have been impressed. Just because he missed four gimmes doesnt mean he has a bad touch.

Spike Spiegel
03-08-2007, 11:17 PM
One game doesnt provide a meaningfull sample size to judge his touch, I have seen enough games to get a good idea his finishing around the basket and I have been impressed. Just because he missed four gimmes doesnt mean he has a bad touch.

So, that was just a string of bad luck? Or did he just panic because the great defensive force known as Andrew Bogut was breathing down his neck? :oldlol:

I haven't just watched 'one game.' Hard to when the Lakers get shoved down your throat nationally.

Kobe24
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
So, that was just a string of bad luck? Or did he just panic because the great defensive force known as Andrew Bogut was breathing down his neck? :oldlol:

I haven't just watched 'one game.' Hard to when the Lakers get shoved down your throat nationally.

Kobe misses 4 shots in a row sometimes, more than one game. I guess he just sucks or his touch isn't that great.

gb8
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM

So are you honestly contending that the kid doesnt have a soft touch around the basket? So he misses 4 shots in one game big friggin deal, one game proves nothing and yes 4 shots can be bad luch its not like he was held to 6 points on 3 of 15 shooting.

hotsizzle
03-09-2007, 03:38 AM
I'll say it over and over again. Lakers should trade Bynum if they can get someone like KG or Pau. Dont know why thats considered "not being a fan" by some but w/e

Force
03-09-2007, 05:11 AM

u think? C'mon man, they aren't even comparble. Jefferson is far far more advanced than Bynum.

Lakers Fan
01-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Damn some of these idiots wanted Bynum traded out bad! :oldlol:

The next time they think they know better than Laker management, they should think twice.

hotsizzle
01-10-2008, 05:36 AM
I'll admit I never thought Bynum would be this impactful this early. No where did I say he sucked and made that point clear over and over in my posts. I thought that trading him for a superstar (Gasol, KG, etc.) now is a good idea because I didnt think he would be able to contribute this fast. Glad I was wrong.

He worked his ass off, didn't cave in under the immense pressures/expectations around him and in one summer became a force:bowdown:

NASH = BEST
01-10-2008, 05:56 AM
:applause:

Good thread bump,

This thread is just a small indication of how bipolar Laker fans are when it comes to their team. We can bump thousands of threads just like this one from this past summer and these cats responds would be something like...

"Well, how did we know they were going to be this good?"

Then when the losing starts again and they get ousted in the first round of the playoffs theyll start calling for Kupchak's head and start trowing out ridulous trade offers for weak players.

:oldlol:

Them dudes are just too funny!

hotsizzle
01-10-2008, 06:03 AM

Good thread bump,

This thread is just a small indication of how bipolar Laker fans are when it comes to their team. We can bump thousands of threads just like this one from this past summer and these cats responds would be something like...

Then when the losing starts again and they get ousted in the first round of the playoffs theyll start calling for Kupchak's head and start trowing out ridulous trade offers for weak players.

Most Laker fans and even non-Laker fans in this thread agreed that if a superstar is available, make the trade. Its not like everyone was saying "omg hes trash, lets trade him for anybody". Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol were the names thrown out.

NASH = BEST
01-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Most Laker fans and even non-Laker fans in this thread agreed that if a superstar is available, make the trade. Its not like everyone was saying "omg hes trash, lets trade him for anybody". Kevin Garnett and Pau Gasol were the names thrown out.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, and also sorry ass JO, aging Kidd, Al Jefferson, etc...

My point is that when the Lakers start losing again the "Trade Kobe", "Keep Kobe and trade Bynum" threads will start to appear again.

And When the phuck was Pau Gasol ever a "SuperStar"? :confusedshrug:

hotsizzle
01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, and also sorry ass JO, aging Kidd, Al Jefferson, etc...

My point is that when the Lakers start losing again the "Trade Kobe", "Keep Kobe and trade Bynum" threads will start to appear again.

And what team doesn't go through questions about trading/keeping their players when they are struggling? My point is, aside from a few posts in this thread, its not outrageous to see what some fans were saying and that was if a superstar, all star is available that can come in and be a 2nd option now, you do the trade. You make it sound like he was trashed by all Laker fans.

and1
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
... were saying and that was if a superstar, all star is available that can come in and be a 2nd option now, you do the trade. You make it sound like he was trashed by all Laker fans.

which is STILL a legimate option, but its just unlikely now... but its still an option that you could go for. and back then it was the clear better choice, no one except maybe kareem could see the potential in bynum develope this fast. and what would be if he hadnt turned out like this? we would be haveing trash-lakers-frontoffice threads by seconds

EDIT: and to all you haters out there, who are saying they knew... bullshyt
EDIT2: and what if he developes no more now? what if he falls into a hole now? then the trade wouldve been better all along...

poeticism707
01-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Good thread bump,

Sounds like Jack Nichalson:

"Wait till they get a load of me!"

Lakers Fan
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM

HAHA! :oldlol: No sheet!

There were lots of Laker fans who did not want to see Bynum traded for a beat up JO, Pau Gasol, an aging Kidd(but most of us were wrong about how good he could still be at his age), and other lesser players like Ray Allen or Michael Redd. IMO the majority of these fans were Kobe fans only and were delusional in their desperation to see him get a chip before he gets old. I do think the majority of Laker fans would have given up Bynum for Garnett, and a lot still do.

EDIT: and to all you haters out there, who are saying they knew... bullshyt

Nobody is a psychic dumbass. But lots of Laker fans did speculate that Bynum had great potential, other gave up on him very early.

EDIT2: and what if he developes no more now? what if he falls into a hole now? then the trade wouldve been better all along...

Then lots of us people would be wrong, and people like you could bump threads making us look like idiots. Until then pipe the hell down cuz you was wrong buddy. :oldlol:

eeeeeebro
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Kaman > bynum

SoCalMike
01-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I'd still take Oden over Bynum today if I had to pick. :rolleyes:

:pimp:

Smokee
01-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I still dont understand why people act like Bynum got so much better between last year to this...when most of his game is based on his size, wingspan, and soft hands around the paint. Its not like hes all of a sudden developed all these new low post moves, because he had those his rookie year.

I'll give you confidence tho, because he came into this year really hyped and with a chip on his shoulder to prove himself. My main argument is Bynum could've done much more of what hes done this year last year...if it werent for Phil. He had those soft hands last year, he had that same gigantic wingspan last year and would dominate games last year when the other team didnt have a Center that could matchup with his wingspan and size. Its just that Phil favored Kwame over him bigtime, even tho Bynum was a HUGE presence when he was in the game.

Not saying he hasnt matured because he has and he is obviously a better player now, but the criticisms from Laker fans of Bynum last year are rediculously undeserving IMO.

PS can someone bump all of the old Bynum threads pls? Really interesting to read Laker fans opinions of him last year when many were throwing it all on management for not trading him for Kidd :oldlol:

Knoe Itawl
01-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Good thread bump,

100% Correct.

Kobe24
01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
For the record.. I supported him in this thread.

RidonKs
01-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Heh, fun bump. I was definitely wrong about him, didn't see the upside. Not that I was ever in favour of trading both him and Lamar for an all-star, it was either just one or the other. Still, wouldn't do it anymore. Love this kid. :oldlol: I'm such a flip flopper.

By the way...

Foolish, Fickle Faker Fans (FFFF) strike again. There are reasonable ones out there, but it's like mixing manure and ice cream. Pretty well ruins the ice cream. Doesn't do much to the manure, though.
Greatest Analogy Ever. :oldlol:

24/7
01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Glad to see I represented well in this thread, including butting heads with the thread starter. :pimp:

is it true kupchak wanted to pick sean may but the buss' said theywanted to pick bynum?

He was Jim Buss's pick, that's why I knew that Bynum wouldn't be traded for anything less than an awesome, superstar laden deal.

Lakers Fan
01-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd still take Oden over Bynum today if I had to pick. :rolleyes:

I don't get it. Why the rolleyes?

VCMVP1551
01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
I always thought Bynum would be good but in no way shape or form did I expect him to be at 13 ppg, 10 rpg, 2 apg and 2 bpg in just 29 mpg and being the second best player on a very good team this year.

Diesel J
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
:oldlol: this thread.I saw alot of threads like this on Lakersground

DCL
01-11-2008, 05:00 AM
they used to all dog on him; now they're all licking his ass.

VCMVP1551
01-11-2008, 05:02 AM
I don't get it. Why the rolleyes?

He is being sarcastic. I did a thread about who will be better Oden or Bynum and he chose Bynum many times as did I.

baseketball4life
04-06-2008, 02:59 AM
:roll: LD nice going

kobedaman24
04-06-2008, 03:01 AM
lmao at this thread!

Fedor - Laker
04-06-2008, 04:11 AM
nothing like re bumping a thread.

LakerDynasty00
04-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Just want you all to know I'm not LD, I'm LD00!!! Although it is somewhat strange he hasn't posted much lately (I think he did just in the past few days however) which was right around the time I started to post.

This is hilarious. By the way, what's up with all the former Laker fans that don't post anymore? Its like we became a good team and they stopped being interested. Anyway, there's never a reason to hate on any player (at such a young age) who's still developing unless his name is Kwame Brown or Brian Cook. But if you look at many of the posts they weren't exactly bashing Bynum as they were saying if you want to win now, getting a HOF PG might be the best move. Clearly it turned out to be best that we didn't, but there's no way anyone could really "know" how good Bynum would/could become. Sometimes you do have to take the established veteran over the project. Yet, I don't see how Kidd would've helped our team anyway. We've always needed a better defensive SF/PF.

SoCalMike
04-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I actually thought this thread was originally in the main forum... perhaps one of the mods moved it into the Laker forum? 99% of those guys don't post in here.

LakerDynasty00
04-06-2008, 04:10 PM
I actually thought this thread was originally in the main forum... perhaps one of the mods moved it into the Laker forum? 99% of those guys don't post in here.

I don't even see them post in the main forum anymore...

mariodeathgrip
04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
lol I thought this wuz a new thread at first I was FREAKING on some of da post, talking about FLASH BACK!
like da only time I get to go on ISH when away from da kids & on my palm centro. suck to post but fun to read! luv this place you guys crack me up!!

Go Laker's!!!!

SoCalMike
04-06-2008, 10:42 PM
lol I thought this wuz a new thread at first I was FREAKING on some of da post, talking about FLASH BACK!
like da only time I get to go on ISH when away from da kids & on my palm centro. suck to post but fun to read! luv this place you guys crack me up!!

Go Laker's!!!!

Glad to have you here Mario... wish you could post more but the kids are important too... :pimp: :banghead: