KungFuJoe
03-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Most athletic big man ever.

navy
03-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Hakeem destroyed his legacy.

IncarceratedBob
03-14-2014, 10:37 PM
u gotta admire that this dude said no to millions of dollars in order to serve his country and put his life at risk. he fought on the front lines to protect our rights and liberties. that is mad respect for u david rob if you are reading this i am a huge fan can u please message me

STATUTORY
03-14-2014, 10:38 PM
was he really 7ft or just listed as 7ft like hakeem?

SHAQisGOAT
03-14-2014, 10:40 PM
yea D-Rob was freakishly athletic

Collie
03-14-2014, 10:41 PM

He was legit. 7-1 even.

moe94
03-14-2014, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI85iVU3xkE

Robinson is probably the most athletic C ever. Still, Shaq went in.

SHAQisGOAT
03-14-2014, 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI85iVU3xkE

Robinson is probably the most athletic C ever. Still, Shaq went in.

:bowdown:

Akrazotile
03-14-2014, 10:49 PM
Easily higher than Kobe all-time.

sammichoffate
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Jesus H Christ that SPEED and BALL HANDLING. I think I just got a boner from that :eek:

CelticBaller
03-14-2014, 10:53 PM
u gotta admire that this dude said no to millions of dollars in order to serve his country and put his life at risk. he fought on the front lines to protect our rights and liberties. that is mad respect for u david rob if you are reading this i am a huge fan can u please message me
:roll:

Patrick Chewing
03-14-2014, 10:53 PM

And Lebron

sammichoffate
03-14-2014, 10:54 PM
u gotta admire that this dude said no to millions of dollars in order to serve his country and put his life at risk. he fought on the front lines to protect our rights and liberties. that is mad respect for u david rob if you are reading this i am a huge fan can u please message me:oldlol:

Cold soul
03-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Robinson had unreal freak athleticism. Great player and a class act.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-14-2014, 10:55 PM
As an athlete? definitely
as a basketball player?:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Kobe was way, way more skilled and better in the playoff when it mattered

Collie
03-14-2014, 10:58 PM
David Robinson man. David Robinson's body was an inspiration to me for a long time. He was really ripped. I had posters of his body on my walls for inspiration and motivation. He looked even better shirtless than he did in a uniform.

Patrick Chewing
03-14-2014, 11:01 PM
. He looked even better shirtless than he did in a uniform.

http://thecenternetwork.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/gay_hand.gif

moe94
03-14-2014, 11:01 PM
David Robinson man. David Robinson's body was an inspiration to me for a long time. He was really ripped. I had posters of his body on my walls for inspiration and motivation. He looked even better shirtless than he did in a uniform.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/67baf0162e0b4059c928a5c34b972c65/tumblr_mnbmsqVFsj1qbh0eio1_250.gif

onhcetum
03-14-2014, 11:04 PM
As an athlete? definitely
as a basketball player?:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Kobe was way, way more skilled and better in the playoff when it mattered

lol @ way more skilled and better in the playoffs when it mattered

You realize he had Shaq right? You think teams worried about a perimeter chucker? That's the shots (Kobe was taking) that they wanted. It was Shaq that demoralized teams inside and got players into foul trouble.

Then, Kobe became "the man" in 2004-2007 and look what happened. Two first round exits and missed the playoffs completely one year.

Then, they got gift-wrapped Pau Gasol without giving up any of their core players. Kobe is honestly the most glorified player in recent history.

Sarcastic
03-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Thon Maker

miles berg
03-14-2014, 11:14 PM
He was amazing. I always wondered what it would have been like had he gotten to play with Kevin Johnson Tim Hardaway when those guys were moved during peak years.

Sarcastic
03-14-2014, 11:18 PM
He was amazing. I always wondered what it would have been like had he gotten to play with Kevin Johnson Tim Hardaway when those guys were moved during peak years.

He got to play with Rod Strickland.

http://i.minus.com/iqGuZlNcFboCq.gif

sammichoffate
03-14-2014, 11:20 PM

http://i.minus.com/iqGuZlNcFboCq.gifIrving ain't got **** on that :rockon:

Genaro
03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
http://lh6.ggpht.com//-B9QgAMJn7mw/UfubGgTIbyI/AAAAAAAABFA/rJHIusxnE8k/s398/boshhungry.gif

The Genius
03-14-2014, 11:52 PM
I read a story back in the day that the coach said the team could skip practice if the Admiral could walk on his hands the length of the court. They skipped practice. Amazing for a seven footer.

Rake2204
03-15-2014, 12:21 AM
I read a story back in the day that the coach said the team could skip practice if the Admiral could walk on his hands the length of the court. They skipped practice. Amazing for a seven footer.I've heard variations of his hand-walking stories throughout the years. I believe he had a background in gymnastics. He was also pretty intelligent and I believe he played a number of musical instruments. I think I got lucky picking him as my favorite player when I was younger. Great role model.

Also, yeah, great dunking seven footer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oImSuz8v-I

Harison
03-15-2014, 12:48 AM
DRob is very underrated now, he was a fantastic player and very down to Earth guy.

Patrick Chewing
03-15-2014, 01:48 AM
His scoring battle with Shaq in 93-94 was epic. The thing of legends.

CavaliersFTW
03-15-2014, 02:33 AM
1988 olympics measurements:

7-0 without shoes <--- very impressive
226lbs

So he wasn't 7-1 as listed, but he was a true 7 foot player, which despite how much the term is thrown around and how much players are listed as such, is a rare "without shoes" measurement in and of itself

JimmyMcAdocious
03-15-2014, 02:39 AM

http://i.minus.com/iqGuZlNcFboCq.gif

Why wouldn't he have just used the rim and reverse on the other side? Sick, tho.

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2014, 02:42 AM
Why wouldn't he have just used the rim and reverse on the other side? Sick, tho.cuz Strickland liked having fun. best rim finishing point in basketball history.

Artillery
03-15-2014, 03:22 AM
cuz Strickland liked having fun.

Fun obviously doesn't translate into playoff wins.

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2014, 03:25 AM
Fun obviously doesn't translate into playoff wins.right. cuz that's all on him, c'mon. Oscar Roberstson has one ring, he musta been pretty mediocre. Get over this dumbass ringzzzzz stuff.

davehos
03-15-2014, 03:29 AM
... damn can't even have a David Robinson thread without Kobe and LeBron stans mucking things up.

Artillery
03-15-2014, 03:32 AM
right. cuz that's all on him, c'mon. Oscar Roberstson has one ring, he musta been pretty mediocre. Get over this dumbass ringzzzzz stuff.

Game 7 1990 Western Conference Semifinals

The game was tied at 103-103 and San Antonio was working for the go-ahead basket with less than 30 seconds to play when Rod Strickland's no-look pass headed out of bounds on the Spurs' baseline.

But Portland's Jerome Kersey saved the ball and threw an off-balance length-of-the-court pass to Drexler, who was fouled from behind by Strickland with 26.2 seconds left in the game.

Fun player just not a winner.

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Game 7 1990 Western Conference Semifinals

The game was tied at 103-103 and San Antonio was working for the go-ahead basket with less than 30 seconds to play when Rod Strickland's no-look pass headed out of bounds on the Spurs' baseline.

But Portland's Jerome Kersey saved the ball and threw an off-balance length-of-the-court pass to Drexler, who was fouled from behind by Strickland with 26.2 seconds left in the game.

Fun player just not a winner.
wikipedia #ringzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fiasco
03-15-2014, 04:17 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MichaelCorleone
03-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Is he good? Can Kobe play with him?

Thorn
03-15-2014, 09:11 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

D-Rob's a Christian though, he can't swing that way. Sorry man :(

Dro
03-15-2014, 09:13 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

D-Rob's a Christian though, he can't swing that way. Sorry man :(
Ummm...Catholics are Christians too...Pretty sure some of them swing that way:lol

Thorn
03-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Ummm...Catholics are Christians too...Pretty sure some of them swing that way:lol
No way he turns out to swing that way after all that preaching he did :cheers:

thefatmiral
03-15-2014, 10:19 AM
I've heard variations of his hand-walking stories throughout the years. I believe he had a background in gymnastics. He was also pretty intelligent and I believe he played a number of musical instruments. I think I got lucky picking him as my favorite player when I was younger. Great role model.

Also, yeah, great dunking seven footer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oImSuz8v-I
freak. robinson hl's are always good for entertainment.

STATUTORY
03-15-2014, 01:41 PM
1988 olympics measurements:

7-0 without shoes <--- very impressive
226lbs

So he wasn't 7-1 as listed, but he was a true 7 foot player, which despite how much the term is thrown around and how much players are listed as such, is a rare "without shoes" measurement in and of itself
yea that's impressive, a legit 7fter with that type of athleticism. incredibly rare

Rake2204
03-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Why wouldn't he have just used the rim and reverse on the other side? Sick, tho.It kind of looked like he lost the ball on the gather, cuffing it on the fly and leading to an accidentally awesome finish.

jzek
03-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Hakeem destroyed his legacy.

This^

Love Robinson's game plus he has one of the most ripped bodies in all of sports at the time and he seems like a really nice guy but Hakeem flat out DESTROYED him during his prime (the same year he scored 71 pts and won the MVP).

Rake2204
03-15-2014, 09:17 PM
This^

Love Robinson's game plus he has one of the most ripped bodies in all of sports at the time and he seems like a really nice guy but Hakeem flat out DESTROYED him during his prime (the same year he scored 71 pts and won the MVP).Not to be a stickler, but Robinson scored 71 in 1993-94 and won MVP in 1994-95.

Also, as a Robinson apologist, I must concede Hakeem domination but at least note that Robinson averaged 24 and 11 in that 1995 series. Again, yes, Hakeem went nuts, but Robinson had his moments that series as well. Sometimes, even for as well as Olajuwon really did play, I get the feeling that folks are certain that Robinson went through that series without reaching double digits. It's sort of taken a life of it's own. Olajuwon averaged an incredible 35 per in the WCF, but then he averaged 33ppg for the entire '95 playoffs (versus Robinson, Barkley's Suns, Malone's Jazz, O'Neal's Magic). He was dominating everyone that year.

jstern
03-15-2014, 09:21 PM
He played in the 90s, and genetically they were inferior and slow back then.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-15-2014, 09:27 PM
Not to be a stickler, but Robinson scored 71 in 1993-94 and won MVP in 1994-95.

Also, as a Robinson apologist, I must concede Hakeem domination but at least note that Robinson averaged 24 and 11 in that 1995 series. Again, yes, Hakeem went nuts, but Robinson had his moments that series as well. Sometimes, even for as well as Olajuwon really did play, I get the feeling that folks are certain that Robinson went through that series without reaching double digits. It's sort of taken a life of it's own. Olajuwon averaged an incredible 35 per in the WCF, but then he averaged 33ppg for the entire '95 playoffs (versus Robinson, Barkley's Suns, Malone's Jazz, O'Neal's Magic). He was dominating everyone that year.
DRob saw much more doubles and even triples than Hakeem that series. DRob was forced to cover Hakeem single coverage and got abused but like the Sonics always did doubling/trapping shut down the Rockets

hitmanyr2k
03-15-2014, 09:27 PM
It kind of looked like he lost the ball on the gather, cuffing it on the fly and leading to an accidentally awesome finish.

I'm not sure it was an accidental finish. That was a typical Rod Strickland shot. He pulled stuff out of his ass all the time and after awhile you just couldn't call it luck anymore because he did it so much. I always marveled at Strickland and also Jeff Hornacek. Both guys had limited athletic ability but mastered hitting those crazy shots.

Rake2204
03-15-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure it was an accidental finish. That was a typical Rod Strickland shot. He pulled stuff out of his ass all the time and after awhile you just couldn't call it luck anymore because he did it so much. I always marveled at Strickland and also Jeff Hornacek. Both guys had limited athletic ability but mastered hitting those crazy shots.I meant he improvised after initially losing control. Yes, Rod was crafty, but I wouldn't imagine he'd intentionally cuff for no reason like that to begin with. I mean, obviously I could be wrong, because he makes it look relatively natural. But when wondering why he'd make what could have been a simple move, so incredibly difficult, I think it's possible he just improvised well after an unusual gather.

JohnMax
03-15-2014, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18
Maybe the most athletic player in NBA history:eek:

Notice at 0:36 how Michael Jordan explodes and jumps off TWO feet for that dunk attempt

Lebron James does not have that ability.

hitmanyr2k
03-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Notice at 0:36 how Michael Jordan explodes and jumps off TWO feet for that dunk attempt

Lebron James does not have that ability.

I'm pretty sure Lebron can pro hop into a dunk but you're probably right that he doesn't have the same explosiveness off that move that Jordan and Pippen had. Lebron primarily takes off on one foot.