PDA

View Full Version : We're getting a good look at how Lebron will play in the future

theoneneo
03-14-2014, 11:54 PM
*WARNING - THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD*
(juts had to say that before his insecure stans get mad)

This thread is more of a revelation. Lebron is getting older, and he's played so much basketball up to this point in his career(since 2007 he's made it to either the ECF or NBA finals every year, minus 2008) That's a lot of minutes racked up . And while some may think he's coasting, everyone without blind folders can see he's fuc*ing drained. No shame in that, it happened to Kobe, happen to MJ.

Now focusing on the future, it's getting hard to see him being dominant without that athleticism, least guys like Kobe and Jordan, and even Wade to some degree had a certain level of skill to trade off on, but Bran lacks that legendary superior skill.

I ain't saying the heat won't repeat this year, or Lebron won't go in to win more Rings, I just can't see him playing at a high level and extend his career like Mike or Bean. That is all.

MichaelCorleone
03-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Mods.

CelticBaller
03-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Future? He's always been a choker, his few moments of greatness maybe his last ones I agree

sportjames23
03-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Mods.

Niqqa why you keep calling for the mods? Man the fvck up and fight your battles.

aboss4real24
03-14-2014, 11:58 PM
if i was building a team and i had a staccd team defensively and i could just have 1 star in the Nba

im taking kd or melo Over LB All day

Both far better Scorers far better Rebrs and far better Shooters

and there not scared to take a jumpshot wen the opposing tm is sagging off 20 feet offf em

Still think LB Is a great player but the hype is unreal

TheMarkMadsen
03-15-2014, 12:01 AM

This thread is more of a revelation. Lebron is getting older, and he's played so much basketball up to this point in his career(since 2007 he's made it to either the ECF or NBA finals every year, minus 2008) That's a lot of minutes racked up . And while some may think he's coasting, everyone without blind folders can see he's fuc*ing drained. No shame in that, it happened to Kobe, happen to MJ.

Now focusing on the future, it's getting hard to see him being dominant without that athleticism, least guys like Kobe and Jordan, and even Wade to some degree had a certain level of skill to trade off on, but Bran lacks that legendary superior skill.

I ain't saying the heat won't repeat this year, or Lebron won't go in to win more Rings, I just can't see him playing at a high level and extend his career like Mike or Bean. That is all.

and minus 2010..

ripthekik
03-15-2014, 12:01 AM
True. I've been saying this for a long time but people wouldn't listen.

Kobe, Jordan, they all had skills. They dont rely on their athleticism. Lebron? 90% of his game comes from his athleticism.

The way he overpowers people to the basket, and how he gets most of his points off fastbreak layups.

Take all that away, you have a guy with no footwork, no jumpshot. It'll look like shaq playing shoot guard.

My advise: lebron fans, jump ship as fast as you can. Now would be a good time.. or else it's gonna get ugly :lol

LongLiveTheKing
03-15-2014, 12:03 AM

Kobe, Jordan, they all had skills. They dont rely on their athleticism. Lebron? 90% of his game comes from his athleticism.

The way he overpowers people to the basket, and how he gets most of his points off fastbreak layups.

Take all that away, you have a guy with no footwork, no jumpshot. It'll look like shaq playing shoot guard.

My advise: lebron fans, jump ship as fast as you can. Now would be a good time.. or else it's gonna get ugly :lol
Lebron>Kobe

ripthekik
03-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Lebron>Kobe
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Angel Face
03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Mods.

This guy is looking for help like his idol Lebron.

Eric Cartman
03-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Maybe he will become a power forward exclusively like Malone? Wait ... no footwork tho :lol

KDthunderup
03-15-2014, 12:29 AM
Straight ethered on 3 threads in a day :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

SpecialQue
03-15-2014, 12:43 AM
Can't wait until his mental health deteriorates. :banana:

aj1987
03-15-2014, 01:01 AM

Then you're an idiot. LeBron didn't even know how to post up when he was in Cleveland or even in '11. He has a pretty decent post game now. Although this season his mid-range game has been shitty, last season he shot better than Kobe EVER did (from mid-range). He has developed that part of his game pretty well. Before Feb, IIRC, he was shooting near 42% from mid-range (Kobe did that 3 times in his career).

The guys has had 5 bad games. He was averaging 27.5/7/7 on 66% TS prior to that. Even now, he's at 27/7/7 on 65% TS. :facepalm

Simple Jack
03-15-2014, 03:40 AM

People dont listen because you predicted LeBron losing nearly every competitive series the past 3 years.

mugiwara
03-15-2014, 03:48 AM
Then you're an idiot. LeBron didn't even know how to post up when he was in Cleveland or even in '11. He has a pretty decent post game now. Although this season his mid-range game has been shitty, last season he shot better than Kobe EVER did (from mid-range). He has developed that part of his game pretty well. Before Feb, IIRC, he was shooting near 42% from mid-range (Kobe did that 3 times in his career).

The guys has had 5 bad games. He was averaging 27.5/7/7 on 66% TS prior to that. Even now, he's at 27/7/7 on 65% TS. :facepalm

How do you figure that? Perhaps in a percentage vacuum, not factoring volume. Its even more absurd if you consider the spurs lebron stopping plan that very nearly paid off for Pop.

russwest0
03-15-2014, 03:53 AM
In the finals vs OKC LeBron shot 3/15 from 3pt land.

Scott Brooks is a jackass, that is all

Deuce Bigalow
03-15-2014, 03:54 AM
:lol

aj1987
03-15-2014, 03:57 AM
How do you figure that? Perhaps in a percentage vacuum, not factoring volume. Its even more absurd if you consider the spurs lebron stopping plan that very nearly paid off for Pop.
LeBron's jumper was absolutely broken in the PO's. He couldn't hit shots in the first 3 rounds as well. Most of the points he scored came in the post, from 3pt's, and at the rim. He couldn't hit the mid-range shots consistently. LeBron career best from mid-range is 44.4% on 350 shots and 17.8 total per game. Kobe is at 43.4% on 680 shots and 20.9 total per game.

Quickening
03-15-2014, 04:04 AM
How come Kobe has been irrelevant since 10, if he hasn't dropped off hugely since his athleticism declined :biggums:

chazzy
03-15-2014, 04:09 AM
LeBron career best from mid-range is 44.4% on 350 shots and 17.8 total per game. Kobe is at 43.4% on 680 shots and 20.9 total per game.
That's nearly double the sample size :lol

How come Kobe has been irrelevant since 10, if he hasn't dropped off hugely since his athleticism declined :biggums:
He was top 5 the two previous seasons

Vienceslav
03-15-2014, 04:24 AM
So basically, as players get older they play worse, thanks OP.

Crimsonrain777
03-15-2014, 05:23 AM

the way you jumped to Kevin Durant?? i bet Kobe must feel used :oldlol:

R.I.P.
03-15-2014, 08:15 AM

Really? What skill that translates well with age does Wade possess? He cannot shoot the basketball to save his life. The guy had more bailouts than the US financial system.

inclinerator
03-15-2014, 08:27 AM
he's unstoppable in the post, why he doesnt go to it is beyond me

Quickening
03-15-2014, 08:28 AM

He was top 5 the two previous seasons

Kobe was top 5, if you ignore efficiency, defence, improving team mates, results and actual impact on the court.

Akhenaten
03-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Really? What skill that translates well with age does Wade possess? He cannot shoot the basketball to save his life. The guy had more bailouts than the US financial system.

The numbers say different, he's shooting 45% from 10-23f ft this year, with 6 of his 14 FGA coming from that distance.

He can be an erratic shooter for sure at times, but "cant shoot to save his life" is ridiculous hyperbole, in fact its downright stupid.

Also why is it 90% of you cretins equate skill with being a good/great shooter :confusedshrug: being a good/great jumpshooter is A skill.

Andre Miller couldn't hit 100 jumpshots if you locked him in a gym overnight and he is a tremendously skilled player.

and if you need someone to enumerate Wade's expansive skillset, then just don't know basketball

ArbitraryWater
03-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Niqqa why you keep calling for the mods? Man the fvck up and fight your battles.

I don't think I'ver seen you make a post other than some rolling smileys... seriously, you talk about how you "ether kobe/bron fans" on here, yet I've never seen you make an actual argument, or take part of ANY discussion EVER. Honestly, most WORTHLESS poster on here....

Your Posts are either this: " :roll: :roll: :roll: "

Or "ohh don't do em like dat rip/russwest/'fill in name'"

Heatles201
03-15-2014, 12:01 PM
People dont listen because you predicted LeBron losing nearly every competitive series the past 3 years.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

red1
03-15-2014, 12:02 PM
He has gone cold shooting the jumpshot and it has made him passive plus broken nose may be playing a role. Its looking like miami will three peat this year but longterm ray and battier are close to being done so they definitely need to upgrade that. Chalmers and cole have been terrible too

SwayDizzle
03-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Kobe was top 5, if you ignore efficiency, defence, improving team mates, results and actual impact on the court.
if we talking about actual impact on the court, kobe is number 1 in the league. did you see how he willed the Lakers on one foot to the playoffs last year?

aj1987
03-16-2014, 08:41 PM

Still doesn't chance the fact that LeBron took a significant number of shots from mid-range and that Kobe's IQ (at time) is in the -'s.

JohnMax
03-16-2014, 08:55 PM

http://www.thatsembarrassing.com/global/layout/images/potd.png

outbreak
03-16-2014, 09:17 PM
if we talking about actual impact on the court, kobe is number 1 in the league. did you see how he willed the Lakers on one foot to the playoffs last year?
:biggums: