PDA

View Full Version : Did Rip Hamilton Retire?

sammichoffate
03-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Swore someone signed him this season :wtf:

fpliii
03-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Free agent at the moment. I think he's eligible for playoff rosters if signed.

sammichoffate
03-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Free agent at the moment. I think he's eligible for playoff rosters if signed.Thank you, friend. He's still a solid contributor off the bench, not sure why no one got him when the season began

fpliii
03-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Thank you, friend. He's still a solid contributor off the bench, not sure why no one got him when the season began
Agreed. Which team do you think can use him the most?

sfballa13
03-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Rip Hamilton got exactly what he deserved

Dumars gave him a huge extension, way more than he ever possibly deserved, and he did nothing but pout, cause problems, demand to start, and destroy any semblance of team chemistry in Detroit after the Billups trade.

Then when the Bulls wanted to add him the year before Detroit bought him out, he refused the buyout and waited until the end of the season to go to the Bulls.

Rip is nothing but a piece of shiit. He is a pusssy and a biiitch and everyone hated him in Detroit the last 2-3 years.

I sat courtside next to Rip Hamilton's brother and dissed the fcuk out of Rip and people were applauding me and jeering at Rip alongside me.

He is a loser, could have modified his game to fit in as a veteran, but instead let his pride get in the way once again. Now instead of collecting a 4-5M a year deal like some of these loser old asss veterans he is sitting at home doing nothing.

Enjoy the early retirement PUNK!

fpliii
03-15-2014, 12:06 AM

Dumars gave him a huge extension, way more than he ever possibly deserved, and he did nothing but pout, cause problems, demand to start, and destroy any semblance of team chemistry in Detroit after the Billups trade.

Then when the Bulls wanted to add him the year before Detroit bought him out, he refused the buyout and waited until the end of the season to go to the Bulls.

Rip is nothing but a piece of shiit. He is a pusssy and a biiitch and everyone hated him in Detroit the last 2-3 years.

I sat courtside next to Rip Hamilton's brother and dissed the fcuk out of Rip and people were applauding me and jeering at Rip alongside me.

He is a loser, could have modified his game to fit in as a veteran, but instead let his pride get in the way once again. Now instead of collecting a 4-5M a year deal like some of these loser old asss veterans he is sitting at home doing nothing.

Enjoy the early retirement PUNK!
http://i.imgur.com/86mPG.gif

sammichoffate
03-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Agreed. Which team do you think can use him the most?Hm I want to say Houston or OKC or maybe even Memphis and Golden State. He's got really good veteran experience and leadership that could help younger teams or contenders.

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Wait, hes currently a free agent?

So that means the Heat can get him, right??

sammichoffate
03-15-2014, 12:10 AM

Enjoy the early retirement PUNK!To be fair, any team chemistry they had was gone after they switched Billups for AI :oldlol:

JT123
03-15-2014, 12:11 AM
I only have two questions. Is this Rip Hamilton good, and can the Heat get him?

sammichoffate
03-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Wait, hes currently a free agent?

So that means the Heat can get him, right??It'd be pointless even if they wanted him but sure lol

fpliii
03-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Hm I want to say Houston or OKC or maybe even Memphis and Golden State. He's got really good veteran experience and leadership that could help younger teams or contenders.
Good calls. He'd have great chemistry on Memphis since they have Prince, and on Houston he'd help add midrange shooting (though they're a three-or-drive team, Harden's improved on his long 2s, and another guy wouldn't hurt).

sammichoffate
03-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Good calls. He'd have great chemistry on Memphis since they have Prince, and on Houston he'd help add midrange shooting (though they're a three-or-drive team, Harden's improved on his long 2s, and another guy wouldn't hurt).Best part about his game is playing off-ball, which would be amazing for Memphis or any other playoff team. I've always seen him as a Reggie Miller-esque player, someone who flares off screens very well and hits open shots like an aimbot.

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 12:16 AM
I remember when he lit up Kobe in the finals. Dude was a beast. Then again Kobe plays awful D

imnew09
03-15-2014, 12:25 AM
Knicks should pick him up if they make it to the playoff

Rake2204
03-15-2014, 12:33 AM

Enjoy the early retirement PUNK!I do not share your sentiments, and I believe it's a bit of a stretch to say everyone hated him in Detroit the last 2-3 years.

I think he was in a tough spot, with his backcourt mate being traded and an undersized shooting guard (Ben Gordon) being signed to a mega deal while Rip was still in town. It would have been cool for everyone to get along, but I can understand the issue.

I thoroughly enjoyed the vast majority of Richard Hamilton's career in Detroit. He played quite well in the playoffs, did a fabulous job during the Pistons' championship run, and pretty much came to work and did his job without any extracurricular issues. I'll remember Rip for the good stuff, not his issue with the musical chair lineups on lackluster rosters near the end of his career.