Jeff Hornacek
Gregg Popovich
Terry Stotts
Tom Thibodeau
Erik Spoelstra
Frank Vogel
Scott Brooks
Doc Rivers

I pick Hornacek, Popovich, or Vogel. Thoughts?

Milbuck
03-15-2014, 01:26 AM
I honestly can't decide between Hornacek and Thibs.

Right now I'd probably have to go with Thibs. What he's been able to do with that Chicago team is just incredible.

They lost Nate and Marco in the offseason and traded away arguably their 2nd or 3rd best player. Their best player got hurt AGAIN. Which is more than just losing a star player and the great things he does for them. It also destroys team morale. They just lost a brother to another injury, a guy who's been through so much shit in his life, and didn't deserve this type of shit luck. There was so much hype about his return, and they looked dominant in the preseason (insignificant, but still promising). Then he goes down AGAIN, and it's pretty much another season of "what are we trying to accomplish?" The Bulls at one point looked like they were seriously trying to tank - or at least it looked like the front office was trying to steer them in that direction. But Thibs, his system, and his philosophy have dragged that team out of that hole and as of right now they're one of the best teams in the league.

imnew09
03-15-2014, 01:28 AM
Frank Vogel will win it. 100%. Bet anything for it

Le Shaqtus
03-15-2014, 01:29 AM

Right now I'd probably have to go with Thibs. What he's been able to do with that Chicago team is just incredible.

They lost Nate and Marco in the offseason and traded away arguably their 2nd or 3rd best player. Their best player got hurt AGAIN. Which is more than just losing a star player and the great things he does for them. It also destroys team morale. They just lost a brother to another injury, a guy who's been through so much shit in his life, and didn't deserve this type of shit luck. There was so much hype about his return, and they looked dominant in the preseason (insignificant, but still promising). Then he goes down AGAIN, and it's pretty much another season of "what are we trying to accomplish?" The Bulls at one point looked like they were seriously trying to tank - or at least it looked like the front office was trying to steer them in that direction. But Thibs, his system, and his philosophy have dragged that team out of that hole and as of right now they're one of the best teams in the league.

Great post, couldn't agree more

sammichoffate
03-15-2014, 01:31 AM

They lost Nate and Marco in the offseason and traded away arguably their 2nd or 3rd best player. Their best player got hurt AGAIN. Which is more than just losing a star player and the great things he does for them. It also destroys team morale. They just lost a brother to another injury, a guy who's been through so much shit in his life, and didn't deserve this type of shit luck. There was so much hype about his return, and they looked dominant in the preseason (insignificant, but still promising). Then he goes down AGAIN, and it's pretty much another season of "what are we trying to accomplish?" The Bulls at one point looked like they were seriously trying to tank - or at least it looked like the front office was trying to steer them in that direction. But Thibs, his system, and his philosophy have dragged that team out of that hole and as of right now they're one of the best teams in the league.Yeah Thibs has done a phenomenal job. Only coach in the league that doesn't give a shit about tanking, he'd rather fight till the end. I included Pop and Vogel for best records in the league, Stotts is pretty much the same reason with Hornacek: Dragged slightly above average teams into playoff contention.

no pun intended
03-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Vogel if they end up with the best record in the East, let alone the entire league.

Heavincent
03-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Either Mike Woodson or Scott Skiles.

Legends66NBA7
03-15-2014, 01:41 AM
Dwane Casey deserves a nomination.

Meticode
03-15-2014, 01:42 AM
Jeff Hornecek

Suns weren't even expected to make the playoffs before the season started. I think most people have them ranked 20 or lower in the league. And now they're one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA.

davehos
03-15-2014, 02:04 AM
Hornacek
Pop
Thibodeau

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Jeff Hornecek

Suns weren't even expected to make the playoffs before the season started. I think most people have them ranked 20 or lower in the league. And now they're one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA.This. I think Vogel'll win it because a lot of awards are a year late in the NBA but Hornacek deserves it 100%.

Bobcats2013
03-15-2014, 02:44 AM
Jason Kidd turned a flop of a Brooklyn Nets season to become a viable playoff team and has gone 10-3 since the AS break. If this continues and they do well going into the playoffs I'm not sure how he can't be considered.

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2014, 02:45 AM
Jason Kidd turned a flop of a Brooklyn Nets season to become a viable playoff team and has gone 10-3 since the AS break. If this continues and they do well going into the playoffs I'm not sure how he can't be considered.digging out of a hole you created isn't a qualification

CHi1PriDe
03-15-2014, 03:34 AM

Props, would of never thought we'd be in playoff contention esp with the deng trade. Other than Noah who doesn't even score much, we'd be sitting above .500. Honestly, I wanted the bulls to tank at first with losing rose and deng to be able to get Jabari. I'm glad Thibs didn't wanna take any part in that because I'm glad that I can actually look forward to watch Bulls games :cheers:

JohnFreeman
03-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Frank Vogel will win it. 100%. Bet anything for it
He shouldn't, team is stacked

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2014, 03:42 AM
He shouldn't, team is stackedNot really. I don't think Vogel deserves it over guys like Hornacek and Thibs but the Pacers are absolutely better than the sum of their parts and that's all Vogel. Give Mike Woodson the Pacers roster and they're lucky to be .500.

no pun intended
03-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Jeff Hornecek

Suns weren't even expected to make the playoffs before the season started. I think most people have them ranked 20 or lower in the league. And now they're one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NBA.
But they still won't make the playoffs.

Choke94
03-15-2014, 08:15 AM
Hornacek. The man works miracles

SHABBA
03-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Hornacek if he gets Phoenix to the playoffs.

If not, Thibs.

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Not really. I don't think Vogel deserves it over guys like Hornacek and Thibs but the Pacers are absolutely better than the sum of their parts and that's all Vogel. Give Mike Woodson the Pacers roster and they're lucky to be .500.

This is silly, Woodson won 50 games with a Knicks roster last year that wasnt any better than this Pacers one.

Also, Hornacek is doing a nice job but people act like just because nobody realized Dragic would shoot 5/7 on threes practically every night and Bledsoe would be able to play along side him that its all Horny. Sometimes lesser know/valued players just breakthrough at a certain time, whether its finally being comfortable or the right combination of teammates or whatever. Sure coaching might be part of it too but I think a lot of people over credit coaching for what happens in the regular season.

I mean if coaching determines a teams success than how did Mike Woodson finish with a better record than Rick Carlisle last year.

Anyway point being, theres no real accurate way to determine coach of the year unless youre in every huddle and team meeting and shootaround etc and actually comparing what guys are doing. Team results over the regular season has less to do with coaching than people act like when this topic comes up. Im just sayin.

MichaelCorleone
03-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Are they good? Can Kobe play for them?

Purch
03-15-2014, 09:26 AM
With all the injuries the Spurs had, whiles still maintaining their record, I think it's time for Pop to get his third

Denitron
03-15-2014, 09:47 AM

:applause:

TheReturn
03-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Hornacek if he gets Phoenix to the playoffs.

If not, Thibs.
I'd be alright with this. Other than those two, Vogel's been good but I don't think he should get it over Thibs or Hornacek, same goes for Pop.

BuffaloBill
03-15-2014, 09:56 AM
big poppa

INDI
03-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Pop because what he is doing is truly outstanding. They barely have a top ten player this year, core players are old as dirt and well past prime but yet here they go with the best record in the league.

Only team in the entire league that can rest their best three players and still not skip a beat.

Random_Guy
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
pop. IMO vogel doesnt deserve it unless the pacers get the best record in the league(they might). But say the spurs get the best record how do you not give it to pop? the suns are looking to drop off~

mr.big35
03-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Scott Brooks for coach of the year. he had to coach with out westbrook for most of the season

redhonda76
03-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Hornacek deserves COY. This is his first year and he turned the whole team around. If you looked at the roster, filled with just role players and playing in a very tough Western conference. They are right now at the 9th spot. If the Sun were in the East, they would rank 3rd and would have a better record beating up more Eastern teams.

Sakkreth
03-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Dwane Casey deserves a nomination.

Hell no.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Are they good? Can Kobe play for them?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Demitri98
03-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Jeff Hornacek
Terry Stotts
Frank Vogel
Doc Rivers

One of those 4.

Legends66NBA7
03-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Hell no.

Hey, we know he's not perfect and can have questionable rotations.

But with what he's had to work with and the situation that was supposed to lead to tanking from the management, he's done a solid job. He's clearly improved as a coach. The team stats have a lot to do with ho he's handled this Toronto squad.

Megabox!
03-15-2014, 12:57 PM
It's either between Hornacek or Rivers for me. No one expected the Suns to be this good coming into this season, they can potentially be a playoff team in that stacked Western conference. And I honestly think Rivers has transformed the Clippers to title contenders....possibly

(e)
03-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Tom Thibodeau
Gregg Popovich
Jeff Hornacek

Nets fan 93
03-15-2014, 01:23 PM
When is thibs gonna get his credit man? Trade away a top player for their team and still gets them to play extremely well.