PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook is harder to defend than pre-injury Derrick Rose

JohnMax
03-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Derrick Rose got outplayed by Jeremy Lin in March 2012. Rose looks shorter than Lin. (for those who think Westbrook and Rose are the same size) Lin seems to have no problem staying in front of Rose. (for those who think Rose is faster than Westbrook)

Jeremy Lin vs Derrick Rose complete highlight HD 12.03.2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46YCPnZSZBk

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Im Still Ballin
03-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Basically

Westbrooks a bit taller/bigger and is faster + more explosive off 1 leg

pre injury rose was more explosive off 2 feet and was slightly quicker and was also quicker laterally

INDI
03-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Derrick Rose got outplayed by Jeremy Lin in March 2012. Rose looks shorter than Lin. (for those who think Westbrook and Rose are the same size) Lin seems to have no problem staying in front of Rose. (for those who think Rose is faster than Westbrook)

I think that he is harder to guard but he takes too many opportunities for himself. His style is russell russell them russell russell them. That should not be a point guards mentality.

Russell needs to move to shooting guard and they need to go after a pg this off season. His style wouldnt be so bad if he didnt have the ball all the time

nathanjizzle
03-15-2014, 10:08 AM

rose was injured multiple times that season, he was never really healthy or got into midseason form.

Boarder Patrol
03-15-2014, 10:09 AM
First you have to see if he's seriously developed a good 3 point shot or if it's an unsustainable streak. Because a Westbrook with a 38%+ 3 pointer is a top-3 player.

Boarder Patrol
03-15-2014, 10:10 AM
rose was injured multiple times that season, he was never really healthy or got into midseason form.

For Rose, it's cherry picking to bring up times when he was healthy.

Random_Guy
03-15-2014, 10:17 AM
who is this derrick rose guy?
but seriously doe, its a shame he got injured.

beastee
03-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Instead of using lame Jeremy Lin to make your point...why don't you go head to head
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rosede01&p2=westbru01

Now shut the f*** up

MichaelCorleone
03-15-2014, 10:35 AM
:roll: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

dabigbaws
03-15-2014, 10:40 AM
true

CHi1PriDe
03-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Instead of using lame Jeremy Lin to make your point...why don't you go head to head
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rosede01&p2=westbru01

Now shut the f*** up

Nice, crazy how DRose has better fg%s than russy in h2h. Rose was the only one who could create his own shot and was maj was doubled teamed while russy had KD. Miss my DRose and his crafty lay ups :cry:

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Nice, crazy how DRose has better fg%s than russy in h2h. Rose was the only one who could create his own shot and was maj was doubled teamed while russy had KD. Miss my DRose and his crafty lay ups :cry:

LOL

Rose wasnt double teamed

STATUTORY
03-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Dat MVP doe

CHi1PriDe
03-15-2014, 11:05 AM
LOL

Rose wasnt double teamed

Rose was always being double teamed before. January 2014? I'm done :facepalm

dunksby
03-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Rose was always being double teamed before. January 2014? I'm done :facepalm
It's GOBB.

CHi1PriDe
03-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Don't care who it is. All he has to do is YouTube rose vs thunder and he'll see for himself :facepalm

Crimsonrain777
03-15-2014, 11:44 AM
besides the injuries. you can argue that Derrick Rose wasn't even in his prime back then @ 23. yet we're comparing him to a current-prime Russel Westbrook. is that fair??

joeyjoejoe
03-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Dunno about that but its a known fact russ is a double agent and in some huge games no less, see last game of finals vs heat, game set match

turnaroundJ
03-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Lin isn't unathletic though, isn't he supposedly faster than John Wall? It also looks like he's a legit 6'3 barefoot. And he's a pretty good player and defender too.

Not really a good comparison to make Rose seem bad/unathletic.

Pointguard
03-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Don't care who it is. All he has to do is YouTube rose vs thunder and he'll see for himself :facepalm
Yeah all of those questions will be answered pretty quickly. Russell doesn't even guard Rose. And Thabolosha tried to use his weight on Rose and that didn't last. Even Wade who bullies SG's couldn't use his strength on Rose and abandons the idea. OP won't find one game where a healthy Rose has a problem with any PG due to strength in 2011. Obviously now its not close as Westbrook has lost weight and has Beverly issues.

In 2012 Rose had cut his dunks out by over 60%. He played the whole year tentatively and that's a big time indication. But he can handle Lin who is about 210, one of the biggest PGs.

Upgrayedd
03-15-2014, 07:47 PM
A healthy D-Rose >> Westbrook.

imdaman99
03-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Westbrook is a beast and they were similar when healthy. Unfortunately Rose will never be there mentally due to this injury bug.

JohnMax
03-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Theres too many examples of Russell Westbrook physically overwhelming entire teams and individual defenders where Derrick Rose fails to do the same thing

I remember 2012 season opener against the LA Lakers. I expected Rose to have a HUGE game against Derek Fisher who at the time had problems guarding speedy PGs.

But Rose struggled in that game despite hitting a game winner. It was because he could not blow by Fisher AND Gasol + Bynum.

Bulls vs. Lakers: Derrick Rose highlights - 22 points (12.25.11)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xktt2E5b054

Upgrayedd
03-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Westbrook is a beast and they were similar when healthy. Unfortunately Rose will never be there mentally due to this injury bug.

It was two different injuries. Why do people say he won't be the same? It's not like he tore his ACL, came back this season and tore the same ACL again. He tore his meniscus this time and it was his other knee.

He was just as explosive as ever in pre-season and the few games he played this season so it's not like he lost a step athletically.

I think these were just two freak injuries and he'll bounce back better than ever.

Pointguard
03-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Theres too many examples of Russell Westbrook physically overwhelming entire teams and individual defenders where Derrick Rose fails to do the same thing

I remember 2012 season opener against the LA Lakers. I expected Rose to have a HUGE game against Derek Fisher who at the time had problems guarding speedy PGs.

But Rose struggled in that game despite hitting a game winner. It was because he could not blow by Fisher AND Gasol + Bynum.

Bulls vs. Lakers: Derrick Rose highlights - 22 points (12.25.11)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xktt2E5b054
I didn't know you were trolling. You expect Rose to do it every game when there isn't a Center doing it every game. Westbrook is strong, but he is mostly explosive. And he's lost a lot of weight and guys like Beverely, Shumpert, Lin, Kyrie, Dwil, and next year Smart will all have about 15 pounds on him.

It was two different injuries. Why do people say he won't be the same? It's not like he tore his ACL, came back this season and tore the same ACL again. He tore his meniscus this time and it was his other knee.

He was just as explosive as ever in pre-season and the few games he played this season so it's not like he lost a step athletically.

I think these were just two freak injuries and he'll bounce back better than ever.
Guy you were responding to was trolling, too.

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 12:00 AM
I think Rose is harder to be honest

imdaman99
03-16-2014, 02:01 AM
I didn't know you were trolling. You expect Rose to do it every game when there isn't a Center doing it every game. Westbrook is strong, but he is mostly explosive. And he's lost a lot of weight and guys like Beverely, Shumpert, Lin, Kyrie, Dwil, and next year Smart will all have about 15 pounds on him.

Guy you were responding to was trolling, too.
A Rose stan posing as a Knicks fan :biggums:

Let me guess, you loved Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller too? How about Tim Hardaway on the Heat? Sorry I can't take you seriously. Stan somewhere else, fckin phoney :hammerhead: