PDA

View Full Version : Michael Wilbon believes that LeBron will end up in New York

DStebb716
03-15-2014, 07:11 PM
DISCLAIMER: It's not happening, fellow Knicks fans.

However, Michael Wilbon said on PTI yesterday that he believes Carmelo will leave and LeBron will wind up in NY.

Only way I see this happening is if Phil Jackson pushes EXTREMELY hard for him. Maybe convinces him to sign a one-year deal at a discount so he can fit into the cap now and then gives him a max deal next offseason, but LeBron isn't that stupid. This just isn't happening.

navy
03-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Why would Lebron go to New York if Melo leaves? To win on his own? :oldlol:

Random_Guy
03-15-2014, 07:13 PM
no reason at all, if he is leaving miami it will be for the cavs.

DStebb716
03-15-2014, 07:15 PM
There is a clear reason for LeBron to go to NY: His legacy. That's really the only draw. There is no denying that New York and the Knicks offer the most for his legacy... If he comes to that team and wins a couple championships, after all they've been through and in that market, then his legacy skyrockets even more than it already has.

Unfortunately, I think even he realizes that James Dolan will stop that from happening. Unless LeBron plans to assassinate Dolan.

Random_Guy
03-15-2014, 07:16 PM
There is a clear reason for LeBron to go to NY: His legacy. That's really the only draw. There is no denying that New York and the Knicks offer the most for his legacy... If he comes to that team and wins a couple championships, after all they've been through and in that market, then his legacy skyrockets even more than it already has.

Unfortunately, I think even he realizes that James Dolan will stop that from happening. Unless LeBron plans to assassinate Dolan.
in your opinion what will do more for his legacy, winning in his hometown clevand or the knicks? its Cleveland for me, but the knicks are just such a sorry franchise right now that people might think differently lol.

Upgrayedd
03-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Hoping it happens. LeBron goes to the Knicks, Melo goes to the Bulls. ECF next season Rose/Noah/Melo vs. LeBron and the Knicks.

niko
03-15-2014, 07:26 PM
To me unless Lebron doesn't opt out (which it appears he is doing) then this is a non topic because it's not possible. IF he opts in, I still don't think he comes, but it's at least plausible enough to discuss (albeit a stretch). This years, it's more than a stretch, it's not possible.

Rose'sACL
03-15-2014, 07:30 PM
i would love this as most of my friends are knicks fans. they would finally have something to be happy about the knicks.

Upgrayedd
03-15-2014, 07:32 PM

Or he could return to Cleveland and finally bring them a championship. His legacy would skyrocket just as much as if he were to go to the Knicks.

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 08:04 PM

wilbon is a "star worshipper" he thinks phil jackson can snap his fingers and win titles and that lebron will go to new york despite being the the perpetual league laughing stock roster just because phil jackson is there.

dude actually thinks phil jackson is the greatest coach ever in professional sporst becuase "teh 11 ringses" :facepalm:

kamil
03-15-2014, 08:07 PM

That definitely won't happen.

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 08:10 PM
That definitely won't happen.

It doesn't for anyone.

longtime lurker
03-15-2014, 08:11 PM
In 2015 Knicks will have like 50 million in cap space. Sounds like just enough for Lebron to form another super team. Seems legit :confusedshrug:

Derka
03-15-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm saying, Phil Jackson doesn't make a move like this if he doesn't already have his ducks in a row. More of this sort of crap is going to start leaking out soon.

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm saying, Phil Jackson doesn't make a move like this if he doesn't already have his ducks in a row. More of this sort of crap is going to start leaking out soon.

Did you see the money involved?

Trentknicks
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Did you see the money involved?
Stop being such a negative dick, the dude's already set up for life as it is, it's not purely about the money.

LoneyROY7
03-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Bran and Rondo join Melo in NY in 2015. :bowdown:

:lol

Blue&Orange
03-15-2014, 09:10 PM

Hope not. Why would the Knicks would want a has been over the hill no skills to counteract the athleticism decline mental midget that would fold under NY pressure like the bitch
he is?

I prefer watching Melo scoring 62 points like a basketball player and checkout with 7 minutes to go, than a guy that just keep running up and down the court for 47 minutes looking for the easy layup\dunk and that can't move the next game because of it.

The-Legend-24
03-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Depends, if NY has 2 other superstars for him to play with if not, forget it. :oldlol:

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Hope not. Why would the Knicks would want a has been over the hill no skills to counteract the athleticism decline mental midget that would fold under NY pressure like the bitch
he is?

I prefer watching Melo scoring 62 points like a basketball player and checkout with 7 minutes to go, than a guy that just keep running up and down the court for 47 minutes looking for the easy layup\dunk and that can't move the next game because of it.

Wait a minute.

You just go full retard?

Bless Mathews
03-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Wait a minute.

You just go full retard?
Dats the cut.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OZptOs8Gu9k

jzek
03-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Thank God! He'll finally have a *REAL* sidekick unlike a washed-up Wade or not-good-as-#2-option Bosh.

Patrick Chewing
03-15-2014, 10:58 PM
What's Lebron gonna do when Melo starts going iso and backing down his opponent from half-court??

Akrazotile
03-15-2014, 11:02 PM
What's Lebron gonna do when Melo starts going iso and backing down his opponent from half-court??

Be thankful he didnt sign with new york?

Akrazotile
07-12-2014, 09:44 AM

However, Michael Wilbon said on PTI yesterday that he believes Carmelo will leave and LeBron will wind up in NY.

Only way I see this happening is if Phil Jackson pushes EXTREMELY hard for him. Maybe convinces him to sign a one-year deal at a discount so he can fit into the cap now and then gives him a max deal next offseason, but LeBron isn't that stupid. This just isn't happening.

:facepalm