PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Paul Pierce Rank Among The Greatest SFs?

aboss4real24
03-16-2014, 01:30 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/4fcf646969bedd1659000013/paul-pierce-big-heat-shot-gif.gif

Career Avgs

21 PPG

6 RPG

4 APG

44.7 FG%

A Great Consistent scorer 4 Most of his career

1 Of the Most Clutch Players In the Nba

Has A Ring THAT He Led His team to

Top 20 All Time in Scoring

Where exactly do U Rank Him as Far as SFs r Concerned?

Top 10

Top 15

Top 20?

moe94
03-16-2014, 01:35 AM
Bird
LeBron
Baylor
Dr.J
Pippen
Hondo
Worthy
Durant (already)
Barry
Nique

Outside top 10.

Warfan
03-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Probably 11-15 range, but near the top of this tier.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-16-2014, 01:36 AM
There was a thread about this not long ago. All I remember about it was GoranDragon failing to devalue Dr. J.

I think around 8-12, without making a list.

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Pierce > Durant

miller-time
03-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Bird
LeBron
Baylor
Dr.J
Pippen
Hondo
Worthy
Durant (already)
Barry
Nique

Outside top 10.

Has Wilkins even been outside the second round? Pierce has 4 conference finals appearances (with 2 NBA finals) to his name. And an FMVP on top of that.

houston
03-16-2014, 02:33 AM
top 20 thats it

smoovegittar
03-16-2014, 09:05 AM
He doesn't.

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 09:10 AM
He doesn't.
10-time All-Star, 4-time All-NBA, with a Finals MVP. He does.

ImKobe
03-16-2014, 09:13 AM
I'd put him above Nique, because Nique never rang or even came close to one & his numbers are overrated due to the pace of his era. Pierce had a better all-around game & his accolades speak for themselves.

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Has Wilkins even been outside the second round? Pierce has 4 conference finals appearances (with 2 NBA finals) to his name. And an FMVP on top of that.
In defense of Nique, Wilkins played in a tougher EC and didn't get a team around him as good as Pierce did in '08. Pierce does have a far superior postseason resume but that's not all about the individual. And in the regular season Nique was statistically the better scorer. That may be about the difference in eras but regardless Pierce never averaged 30.

mr.big35
03-16-2014, 09:20 AM
if it werent for the big 3 in boston we would have relatively quiet career. not be highly rated. he is at top 20 that 2008 season helped him

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 09:22 AM
How can anyone say Durant is better in their careers?

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 09:23 AM
10-time All-Star, 4-time All-NBA, with a Finals MVP. He does.

Do people even use All-Star appearances anymore when comparing players? I think All-NBA, All-Defense teams are a better indicator of ranking a player among his peers. It seems to me Nique was regarded as a Top 3 SF throughout his era while Pierce was not.

Bandito
03-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Bird
LeBron
Baylor
Dr.J
Pippen
Hondo
Worthy
Durant (already)
Barry
Nique

Outside top 10.
Durant needs at least 5 years under his belt to be consider to be on that list.

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Exactly, thank you. How can anyone put Durant over Pierce with a FMVP and Chip?

salwan
03-16-2014, 09:28 AM
top 15 for sho

Olacinco
03-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Well he is better player now, than Lebron is right now is in his prime ...

So how can he not be top 5???

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Do people even use All-Star appearances anymore when comparing players?Well, I just did and I doubt I'm the only one.
I think All-NBA, All-Defense teams are a better indicator of ranking a player among his peers.All-NBA is more relevant but All-D definitely is not. No one thinks Bruce Bowen had a better career than P.
It seems to me Nique was regarded as a Top 3 SF throughout his era while Pierce was not.I am not arguing that Pierce is over Wilkins. But I will strongly dispute the idea that Pierce has not been an elite 3 for most of his career.

MMM
03-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Do people even use All-Star appearances anymore when comparing players? I think All-NBA, All-Defense teams are a better indicator of ranking a player among his peers. It seems to me Nique was regarded as a Top 3 SF throughout his era while Pierce was not.

Pierce was the 2nd best SF for most of his era only behind Bron. Durant passed him after a few years in though.

kNIOKAS
03-16-2014, 09:36 AM
I'd put him above Nique, because Nique never rang or even came close to one & his numbers are overrated due to the pace of his era. Pierce had a better all-around game & his accolades speak for themselves.
Per game:
21.3/5.9/3.8 stl 1.4, blk: 0.6, to: 2.9, FGA 15.6, FG% .447, FTA: 7.1 FT%: .807
24.8/6.7/2.5 stl 1.3, blk: 0.6, to: 2.5, FGA 20.1, FG% .461, FTA: 6.9, FT% .811

I would think accolades would put Pierce on top, but numbers favour Wilkens a little bit.

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Pierce getting disrespected

http://bloguin.com/crossoverchronicles/images/pierce%20msg.gif

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Pierce was the 2nd best SF for most of his era only behind Bron. Durant passed him after a few years in though.

If he truly were the 2nd best SF behind Lebron then you figure he'd be at least All-NBA second or third team during those seasons. When it comes to accolades Pierce fell off the map after '03 and didn't resurface until '08 when Ray Allen and KG came to the team and even then it was only a third team selection. Durant already has FOUR All-NBA first team selections (something Pierce couldn't accomplish one time in his career) and KD's career is only in its 7th season. And you know that fifth All-NBA first team is coming this year.

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 09:57 AM
If he truly were the 2nd best SF behind Lebron then you figure he'd be at least All-NBA second or third team during those seasons.
All-NBA spots go to "forwards," not just small forwards. Pierce was thus competing with Tim Duncan, KG, Nowitzki, Webber, Gasol and some other good PFs I've probably forgotten.

SHAQisGOAT
03-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Top10

Bird
Lebron
Erving
Hondo
Baylor
Barry
Pippen
Worthy
Nique
Pierce

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 10:10 AM
All-NBA spots go to "forwards," not just small forwards. Pierce was thus competing with Tim Duncan, KG, Nowitzki, Webber, Gasol and some other good PFs I've probably forgotten.

As was Peja Stojakovic, Ron Artest and Shawn Marion at the time but they were were making All-NBA teams while Pierce wasn't.

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 10:17 AM
As was Peja Stojakovic, Ron Artest and Shawn Marion at the time but they were were making All-NBA teams while Pierce wasn't.
All guys that made less total teams than Pierce and who Pierce could be argued to be better than the year they made it over him. The Celtics had some down years during Pierce's prime and losing hurts. But Artest/Marion could never carry an offense and Stojakovic was never the best player on his team. They got the bump because their teams were winning, teams that had other guys as their franchise players.

WillC
03-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Ignoring Kevin Durant (who's career is still too short, but will surely finish his career high on this list)...

1 - Larry Bird
2 - LeBron James
3 - Elgin Baylor
4 - Julius Erving
5 - John Havlicek
6 - Rick Barry
7 - Scottie Pippen
8 - Dominique Wilkins

I'd take all of them over Pierce. But then it gets tricky. Pierce could make a claim ahead of any of the following:

Billy Cunningham
Paul Arizin
James Worthy
Alex English
Bernard King
Adrian Dantley
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Carmelo Anthony

So I'd have Pierce anywhere from 9th to about 12th on my all-time SF list.

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 10:33 AM
All guys that made less total teams than Pierce and who Pierce could be argued to be better than the year they made it over him. The Celtics had some down years during Pierce's prime and losing hurts. But Artest/Marion could never carry an offense and Stojakovic was never the best player on his team. They got the bump because their teams were winning, teams that had other guys as their franchise players.

But they still made it even with the competition you were stating as the reason why Pierce wasn't making those teams back then. If Pierce's play was worthy he should have been on that list over those guys no question about it.

Peja actually was the best player on his team in 2003-04 when Webber went down early in the season.

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 10:36 AM
But they still made it even with the competition you were stating as the reason why Pierce wasn't making those teams back then. If Pierce's play was worthy he should have been on that list over those guys no question about it.So you're saying that inferior players never get picked over superior players due to winning? That's just wrong.

Peja actually was the best player on his team in 2003-04 when Webber went down.
True, but the supporting cast was far better than what Pierce was working with that season.

ArbitraryWater
03-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Exactly, thank you. How can anyone put Durant over Pierce with a FMVP and Chip?

Because Durant is 3x the player

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 11:02 AM
So you're saying that inferior players never get picked over superior players due to winning? That's just wrong.

Sometimes inferior players are picked over superior players but not 3-4 straight seasons. Players like McGrady, Iverson, and Kobe had down seasons where their teams were below .500 and still made those teams.

CelticBaller
03-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Because Durant is 3x the player
Give PP OKC and he would've won a ring already

Railgun
03-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Give PP OKC and he would've won a ring already
Lol.

CelticBaller
03-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Please name PP's Roster from his ECF appearances or even playoff appearances without using a search engine

Thanks

mr.big35
03-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Please name PP's Roster from his ECF appearances or even playoff appearances without using a search engine

Thanks

he had antoine walker in 2002 that was his best player.

MichaelCorleone
03-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Colluded with a top 3 all time PF and a top 10 all time SG in their prime to win a ring.

I say PP is top 10 SF at best.

CelticBaller
03-16-2014, 11:46 AM
he had antoine walker in 2002 that was his best player.
His best player ladies and gentlemen, Antoine ****ing Walker

MichaelCorleone
03-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Collusion really brings down his place in the all time SF ranking.:confusedshrug:

Real Men Wear Green
03-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Sometimes inferior players are picked over superior players but not 3-4 straight seasons. Players like McGrady, Iverson, and Kobe had down seasons where their teams were below .500 and still made those teams.
The SFs you listed were not all picked over Pierce 3-4 straight seasons. They took turns. And this is with the 4s grabbing the majority of the All-NBA forward spots.

Akrazotile
03-16-2014, 12:02 PM

Horry is better than Shaq

Higher playoff win %

PsychoBe
03-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Horry is better than Shaq

Higher playoff win %

stop trolling it's disgusting. call me when horry averages over 15 points in the post-season.

paul pierce is top 15 easy. dont know why anyone would put durant over him since durant doesn't have the accolades yet. but pierce isn't the flashiest player ever so that's what gets him underrated. he's the small fundamental.

Akrazotile
03-16-2014, 12:12 PM
stop trolling it's disgusting. call me when horry averages over 15 points in the post-season.

paul pierce is top 15 easy. dont know why anyone would put durant over him since durant doesn't have the accolades yet. but pierce isn't the flashiest player ever so that's what gets him underrated. he's the small fundamental.

Which makes you better, stats or rings?

PsychoBe
03-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Which makes you better, stats or rings?

it's a combination of both and you know it. stats are meaningless without context, and you can't understand the proper context without stats. it goes hand in hand.

with that said, there is only one small forward left in the nba who has had a better career than pierce and that's lebron. this is just something that can't be disputed. durant is better than pierce right now but not all time. he needs more hardware.

aboss4real24
03-16-2014, 01:23 PM

no that was melo

moe94
03-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Pierce never sniffed first team all-NBA. :confusedshrug:

MMM
03-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Pierce never sniffed first team all-NBA. :confusedshrug:

No shame in finishing behind KG, Duncan, Dirk, LeBron.
After those forwards I would put guys like Tmac, Pierce, Carter and Melo. Some of those guys are closer to SGs than SFs doe.i Shame that Peak/Prime Pierce was wasted playing Obie ball. Nearly killed his career, Pierce is fortunate that Doc saved his career.

ImKobe
03-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Advanced stats show Pierce was a much better defender :coleman:

& Nique never even hit .200 on WS/48 despite his high scoring seasons.

Nique couldn't shoot & pass as well as Pierce nor could he defend as well despite his amazing athleticism, Pierce won a Finals MVP going up against prime Kobe & Pau, I'm not going to put Nique over him.

Pierce won a FMVP & was a big part of arguably the greatest defensive team of his era, what did Nique do?

CelticBaller
03-16-2014, 03:00 PM
no that was melo
Lol

Cali Syndicate
03-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Collusion really brings down his place in the all time SF ranking.:confusedshrug:

Dont see how they colluded seeing both ray and garnett were traded to the celtics.

sketchy
03-16-2014, 05:01 PM
1. Bird
2. Lebron
3. Pippen
4. Dr. J
5. Hondo
6. Baylor
7. Barry
8. Pierce

A career/life that's defined by facing and overcoming adversity at every step of the way. A loyal teammate. Clutch, gritty, leader who plays hard on both ends of the floor. Knows his limits, but pushes it every game. Sounds like a guy I'd want on my side.

To those saying "he didn't have a lot of all-NBA teams and defensive teams," he was plagued by bad management for much of his career thus being on below average teams, which we all know kills your chance to make those teams. He still managed to carry them to the playoffs multiple times (even managing the conference finals once before '08) while competing for shots with his own idiot of a teammate, Antoine Walker. He could've left the Celtics for greener pastures a few times, but stayed because he's always had a chip on his shoulder and had something to prove.

He's been overlooked and underrated his entire career despite being the 2nd or 3rd best small forward in the league until this season. And he's STILL balling. From a numbers standpoint alone, he's having as good or better season as Kawhi Leonard, who so many people wanna call a (future) star.

Derka
03-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't put Nique on there over Pierce and I'm waffling on Durant being up there already.

sketchy
03-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Nique doesn't touch Paul. Couldn't shoot, pass, or defend near as well. Also never had an IN GAME competitive spirit. One of the dunk contest GOATS though. Lol.

SHAQisGOAT
03-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Nique doesn't touch Paul. Couldn't shoot, pass, or defend near as well. Also never had an IN GAME competitive spirit. One of the dunk contest GOATS though. Lol.

Please.. smfh

Advanced stats show Pierce was a much better defender :coleman:

& Nique never even hit .200 on WS/48 despite his high scoring seasons.

Nique couldn't shoot & pass as well as Pierce nor could he defend as well despite his amazing athleticism, Pierce won a Finals MVP going up against prime Kobe & Pau, I'm not going to put Nique over him.

Pierce won a FMVP & was a big part of arguably the greatest defensive team of his era, what did Nique do?

Comparing advanced stats across eras is downright dumb, can't de done.

Yes, Pierce's the better passer and despite having considerable less athleticism, also the better defensive player. Wilkins was a slightly better rebounder and also had the edge in scoring, better at taking over games than Pierce. PP's the better overall shooter but let's not act like Wilkins couldn't shoot, plus he always improved his 3pt shooting (despite not coming up with the line), especially after big injury.

What did Nique do? Well, he was once 2nd in MVP voting, in a league with Bird (who was 1st), Magic, Jordan, Kareem, Isiah, Barkley or Hakeem. Bird even said that Wilkins probably should've been MVP; Larry was always a humble dude outside the court but that's really high praise. He was top5 another 2 times and top10 5x in his career. He made more all-nba teams than Pierce, actually was 1st and 2nd, in a time with Bird, King, Barkley, Dantley, English, Malone, McHale, Mullin, Chambers, Worthy, and so on, playing forward in the league. Pierce ain't ****ing with all of that.
He never had even close to what Pierce had around since 2008 (in relation to the rest of the league), when Paul actually got his ring. Nique did a whole lot leading his team in arguably the GOAT era, in the best conference. In 1988, if it wasn't for Bird's - who was on the verge of breaking down - crazy performance, he would've gotten them to the ECF, which was great considering his team and the competition...
Stop underrating the **** out of him :facepalm

As far as careers, I have no beef with someone putting Pierce above Nique, even if it's pretty close and I would probably put Nique above, and as far as peaks it's also close but Nique's above.

fpliii
03-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Overrated because of the 08 title (Garnett was unquestionably the man), but underrated in general. I might put him in my top 10.

Bob Dole
03-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Not even top 15, maybe top 20. Some of you saying he was better Than Dominique Wilkins are crazy. You losers overrate rings so dang much. Teams win rings.

And yes Durant in his seven years is already a greater player than pierce.

moe94
03-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Overrated because of the 08 title (Garnett was unquestionably the man), but underrated in general. I might put him in my top 10.

Exactly.

ProfessorMurder
03-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Nique getting disrespected like always :facepalm

moe94
03-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Nique career stats: 25/7/2.5
Pierce peak stats: 27/7/5

WWRWestbrookDo?
03-16-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't know but I have enjoyed watching him.

houston
03-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Grant Hill is better than Pierce.

:oldlol: @ Pierce top 10 yea right

Boston C's
03-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Pierce is around the 8-10 range to me...I feel hes definitely deserving of a top 10 spot of all time

CelticBaller
03-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Grant Hill is better than Pierce.

:oldlol: @ Pierce top 10 yea right
how the fck?

bizil
03-17-2014, 12:22 AM
In defense of Nique, Wilkins played in a tougher EC and didn't get a team around him as good as Pierce did in '08. Pierce does have a far superior postseason resume but that's not all about the individual. And in the regular season Nique was statistically the better scorer. That may be about the difference in eras but regardless Pierce never averaged 30.

Great points! It kills me how much heat Nique catches! His teams weren't equipped over the years to contend for an NBA title. And Im just not talking one year or two years, I'm talking having teams consistently u have a chance to go far with. The East as u stated was also WAY MORE TOUGHER than it is today. Nique was the better scorer and rebounder than Pierce while Pierce was the better passer and defender. But BOTH were clearly alpha dog scorers and among the 10 GOAT SF's. I feel both are in that 7-10 of all time for SF's. Nique also got those Hawks to multiple 50 win seasons in that tough Eastern Conference. And for those that hate, THE HAWKS DID get to a Game 7 against Boston in the legendary shootout between Bird and Nique. They were on the cusp of making the Eastern Finals against the most dominant team of the decade in the East.

bizil
03-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Nique getting disrespected like always :facepalm

I agree bro! I hope all these people hatin on Nique realize he's THE NBA'S ALL TIME LEADING SCORER IN TERMS OF CAREER POINTS FOR SF'S! More than Baylor, Bird, Hondo, Barry, English, Dantley, and Dr J. (even though Doc has over 30,000 points when u throw in ABA numbers). If u scored more than points THAN ANYBODY EVER at your position, u are truly an icon. And Nique's career scoring average is at like 24 or 25 a game. I mean SHIT one of the NBA's most marketed or revered players are the high flying superstars that are great scorers. Baylor, Dr. J, Nique, Drexler, MJ, Vince, Kobe Lebron, Wade, etc. Guess who's THE ONLY ONE that gets shitted on? U can't take away from the dominance AND longevity Nique showed in his career. I've never seen a legendary player IN ANY SPORT more disrespected than Nique. Nique did a lot for the game of basketball during the Golden Era of the NBA! Guys like Dantley, English, etc. are underrated or forgotten by casuals. But Nique straight up gets disrespected and people try to ACTUALLY tarnish his legacy. He might not be your cup of tea, but u gotta give props for his accomplishments! At 1:25 of this video see what the GOAT MJ has to say about Nique and how he brought the best outta him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUxPXr72Z0

JohnFreeman
03-17-2014, 12:35 AM
http://redsarmy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Truthkiss.gif

CelticBaller
03-17-2014, 12:49 AM
how the fck?
Still boggles me

how the fck is grant hill better than paul pierce? jesus

La Frescobaldi
03-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Not sure that he does dude is fierce

Cold soul
03-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Top 10. I'm not sure exactly where I would rank him.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-17-2014, 03:19 AM
9 or 10

Bird, DrJ, Pippen, Lebron, Baylor, Hondo, Barry, KD were better. Then u have Nique and TMac but Pierce was more consistent and better in playoff than both

houston
03-17-2014, 07:14 AM
how the fck?

Grant Hill 5x all-nba team member with first team selection

Pierce never made all-nba first team.

Pierce wasn't even the best player on his team when he won his championship.

CelticBaller
03-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Funny all nba selections out weight a FMVP, a championship, more all stars selections and a healthy long career.

Like the voters would've picked Pierce over Kobe? Bran? :roll:

JohnnySic
03-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Pierce 18th on the all-time scoring list. Pretty lofty accomplishment. Ahead of a lot of those other guys.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Pierce is such a joy to watch. one of the finest ballers ever and one of the clutchest as well.
hes just unbelievable skilled. he never was an elite athlete only a good one.
his chucking tendencies hurt him and his team sometimes but god damn is this nikka good.
i dont care where to rank him.
he is a top 50 all time for sure and a legend.
dat wheelchair too:roll: :roll: :applause:

Bob Dole
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Still boggles me

how the fck is grant hill better than paul pierce? jesus

Shutup you homer.

Grant Hill at his best was better than Paul Pierce at his best. If you disagree with that then you are an idiot.

Obviously Pierce had the better career but that is strictly due to injury.

Just2McFly
03-17-2014, 10:56 AM
I dont even know...nique would be top five for me easily. the business he gave Jordan/Bird/Rodman/Mchale/whoever guarded him is too much for me to dismiss. This guy was a problem.

Wally450
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Colluded with a top 3 all time PF and a top 10 all time SG in their prime to win a ring.

I say PP is top 10 SF at best.

Wrong player

CelticBaller
03-17-2014, 11:05 AM
strictly due to injury.
Oh well **** me for saying Pierce is better because Grant hill was a freaking walking medical case

Because injuries aren't part of the game, dumbass

Bob Dole
03-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Oh well **** me for saying Pierce is better because Grant hill was a freaking walking medical case

Because injuries aren't part of the game, dumbass

i like how you just quoted that one part of my statement idiot.

moe94
03-17-2014, 11:24 AM

Do you have any idea what strictly means?

CelticBaller
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM
I like how you ignore the whole point of the thread, Pierce's ranking, and how you and some idiot claim Grant Hill to be ahead of him. Seriously you inbred ****, how the **** is grant hill better than pierce? and don't bring your stupid what ifs scenarios

moe94
03-17-2014, 11:28 AM
Grant Hill totally peaked higher than Pierce but has zero case for a better career. I mean, what is the issue here and how is this a debate?

AirFederer
03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Top five-six.

CelticBaller
03-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Grant Hill totally peaked higher than Pierce but has zero case for a better career. I mean, what is the issue here and how is this a debate?
Lunacy

mehyaM24
03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
gotta be top 10

i take pierce over all swingmen today not named lebron or durant

sketchy
03-17-2014, 01:31 PM
gotta be top 10

i take pierce over all swingmen today not named lebron or durant
amen.

sketchy
03-17-2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=piercpa01&p2=wilkido01

Complete domination!
:pimp:

houston
03-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Shutup you homer.

Grant Hill at his best was better than Paul Pierce at his best. If you disagree with that then you are an idiot.

Obviously Pierce had the better career but that is strictly due to injury.

exactly man plus Melo about to pass him up too.

jdm_dc_fan
03-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Oh how fast the internet forgets.

houston
03-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Pierce don't have enough all-nba nods on first or second team to be top 10 of all time sf.

Bird
Lebron
Pippen
Dr.j
Durant
Hondo
Barry
Baylor
Wilkins
Grant Hill

King,English,Muillin, Cunningham,Dantley all had some strong peaks too.

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Pierce don't have enough all-nba nods on first or second team to be top 10 of all time sf.

Bird
Lebron
Pippen
Dr.j
Durant
Hondo
Barry
Baylor
Wilkins
Grant Hill

King,English,Muillin, Cunningham,Dantley all had some strong peaks too.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bigsmoke
03-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Thanks

KD did average 33ppg on 55% in the Finals.

KD > Pierce

But Pierce > Worthy and Dominique Wilkins

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 12:47 PM

KD > Pierce

yo didnt answer but ok :confusedshrug:

Bob Dole
03-18-2014, 01:15 PM

KD > Pierce

No way in hell is Pierce better than Dominique Wilkins or James worthy. How many seasons was pierce even a top ten player in the league? Not many, if any at all.

Saying Pierce is better than them means that you think he is a top 50 player of all time, which is laughable. He's closer to not being a top 100 player than he is to being a top 50 player.

houston
03-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Pierce just a slightly better version of Glen Rice that's it.

Black and White
03-18-2014, 04:05 PM
The truth getting disrespected :facepalm

Bob Dole
03-18-2014, 04:23 PM
The truth getting disrespected :facepalm

where does he rank to you?