PDA

View Full Version : How Come Nobody Cried Out Loud When LeBron Averaged 10.3 FTA/Game in Two Seasons?

no pun intended
03-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Whereas Durant, Kobe, and Harden has never averaged that much in any of their seasons of their career?

Is it because the above three are able to capitalize on them that makes people feel uncomfortable about them earning points at the line?

Can somebody explain?

aboss4real24
03-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Because Hes Lebron

He can do no wrong

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 02:13 AM
I miss your tongue out naked booty Anthony Davis avatar :(

no pun intended
03-16-2014, 02:17 AM
I miss your tongue out naked booty Anthony Davis avatar :(
lmao it will return when the time is right

livinglegend
03-16-2014, 02:20 AM
because he is not a jump shooter and because the fouls again him were legit ( not the touch fouls harden and Durant get).

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 02:22 AM
because Harden is a fat ****ing smelly dipshit
This

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 02:24 AM
This
He didn't even say that. You just changed that shit

You're obsessed with James Harden

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 02:24 AM
He didn't even say that. You just changed that shit

You're obsessed with James Harden
Nuh uh

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Nuh uh
For f***'s sake. Stop making every thread into a Harden thread.

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 02:28 AM
LeBron attacked the basket a lot more, attracted more double teams. He deserved his free throws.

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 02:29 AM
For f***'s sake. Stop making every thread into a Harden thread.
Agreed. Let's stop talking about that role player and future Beijing Duck, and focus on the thread topic.

Why do you think nobody mentions Lebron's high FTA totals?

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Agreed. Let's stop talking about that role player and future Beijing Duck, and focus on the thread topic.

Some people just don't notice it.

Warfan
03-16-2014, 02:31 AM

:roll:

JohnFreeman
03-16-2014, 02:33 AM

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/narelda/Raba/reps.gif

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 02:34 AM
I saw that post, Milbuck. You just deleted it

navy
03-16-2014, 02:36 AM
I remember people complaining about Lebron's superstar calls all the time. But you cant say he wasnt constantly attacking the basket.

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 02:37 AM
I saw that post, Milbuck. You just deleted it
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxpj52Tfi71rn95k2o1_500.gif

James Harden

Crafty
03-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Because Lebron gets his points by attacking the basket. The problem with Durant's 10FTA per game is that he's a jump shooter.

ArbitraryWater
03-16-2014, 08:26 AM
I don't know why Haters keep bringing it up... aren't you the same guys that say Bron only dunks/layups, "lives at the basket" ? Well guess what, a 6.8 270 freight train living at the basket may tend to get some calls :oldlol:

It's only understandable for those Guys to average more FTA than perimeter Jump shooters... Guess where most Fouls occur, at the Basket or on Jump shots? Just asking you know.

OP still doesn't get it's not the Volume of FTA, but HOW they are being called... that's the ridiculous thing with the Durefula.

Budadiiii
03-16-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't know why Haters keep bringing it up... aren't you the same guys that say Bron only dunks/layups, "lives at the basket" ? Well guess what, a 6.8 270 freight train living at the basket may tend to get some calls :oldlol:

It's only understandable for those Guys to average more FTA than perimeter Jump shooters... Guess where most Fouls occur, at the Basket or on Jump shots? Just asking you know.

OP still doesn't get it's not the Volume of FTA, but HOW they are being called... that's the ridiculous thing with the Durefula.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxpj52Tfi71rn95k2o1_500.gif

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Whereas Durant, Kobe, and Harden has never averaged that much in any of their seasons of their career?

Is it because the above three are able to capitalize on them that makes people feel uncomfortable about them earning points at the line?

Can somebody explain?

Harden averaged 10.2 free throws last year while 1/3 of his shots were 3 point attempts. I don't think there's been another player in recent history that has gotten as much ref love as Harden. Durant averaged 10.2 back in 2010. I think a 0.1 difference is neglible. Lebron definitely got his calls back in Cleveland as well and refs constantly turned a blind eye to his traveling. People will say Lebron was always attacking the rim and all but during the time he was averaging the most free throws in his career he was still launching five threes a game just like Durant is now.

MP.Trey
03-16-2014, 09:50 AM
I remember people complaining about Lebron's superstar calls all the time. But you cant say he wasnt constantly attacking the basket.
This. People were crying out loud, I'd say it would be closer to the end of "everybody" than "nobody". If you were to go back to some old Cavs game threads and count the complaints for touch fouls and missed travel calls in LeBron's favor, I'm sure you'd be overwhelmed. But I can't say I'm surprised, people see and hear what they want to.

sejoon101
03-16-2014, 09:58 AM
:facepalm

Oh lawd. The jan 2014 king killin it againhttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk158/sejoon101/30-butts-on-boat-cute-girl-gifs.gif (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/sejoon101/media/30-butts-on-boat-cute-girl-gifs.gif.html)

BlackVVaves
03-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Because many Heat fans are hypocritical in nature, as evidenced by my exchange with NumberSix where he admitted that his partial and biased when I inquired why he had so much to say about KD's free throws, but never once complained about Wade when he received the most outrageous touch fouls, particularly in the 2006 Finals.

That's why I don't pay them much mind when they circle jerk off their whining about KD. His questionable calls are no more sus than Bron or Wade's superstar treatment with the refs for several seasons. And, despite his free throws, he is still the best scorer and a top 2 shooter in the NBA. And has been shooting at or close to a 50% clip for 2-3 seasons now.

Great player. To me, Bron is still the best overall. But KD was undoubtedly better this season.

Mr Exlax
03-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm ok with LeBron's freethrow attempts because his usually come from attacking the basket. Same thing with Harden. Sure, they both sell the contact. You're taught to do that. The thing I don't like with KD's fta is that they're away from the basket and the fouls just don't look legit.

dunksby
03-16-2014, 10:20 AM
LeBron did get his due, I was one of those who criticized how many he got. You don't see me complaining anymore since KD has been getting his for a long time :lol

BlackVVaves
03-16-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm ok with LeBron's freethrow attempts because his usually come from attacking the basket. Same thing with Harden. Sure, they both sell the contact. You're taught to do that. The thing I don't like with KD's fta is that they're away from the basket and the fouls just don't look legit.

Harden's immense flopping negates this premise that his fouls are acceptable because he drives to the basket.

Keno
03-16-2014, 10:52 AM
one of the seasons lebron had ten free throw attempts plus, he had more points/shots/shot attempts in the paint than prime dwight howard. while durant this season currently has around two hundred less.

HoopsFanNumero1
03-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I've always admitted that Lebron got superstar calls while he was in Cleveland. I've noticed that refs tend to go easy on superstars that have to carry a large offensive burden on their own. Difference with Durant is that he still gets a large number of superstar calls despite playing with another legit superstar.

sd3035
03-16-2014, 11:48 AM
The truth is, average Lebron fans simply are not as knowledgeable as other NBA fans. The majority either floated over on a raft from Cuba recently, or are teenage ESPN fanboys still living with their parents

Another reason is that Lebron had hardly any pre-collusion fans, thus nobody noticed what he was doing at that time

Keno
03-16-2014, 11:54 AM
if you actually watch the games, durant's free throws come from touch fouls and him doing his embarassing rip through move.