PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets aren't getting anywhere in the playoffs

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:00 PM
Right or wrong?

All Net
03-16-2014, 06:04 PM
They will likely get to the 2nd round.. Don't think anybody expects more this year.

Railgun
03-16-2014, 06:05 PM
The funny thing is you are talking shit when Houston is a much better team than Golden State. Houston could make the WCF

KyleKong
03-16-2014, 06:07 PM
They won't be able to get pass the Spurs, Clippers, or Thunder.

SCdac
03-16-2014, 06:08 PM
I think they can take some teams without a really good scorer, but teams with players like Lebron, Durant, Wade, etc, will expose their porous defense. SAS don't match up too well with the Rockets, but the game tends to slow down in the playoffs. Rockets need to continue to develop their defensive identity (if possible). Parsons was mic'd up and I heard him preaching "tighter defense". That's a great sign.

oh the horror
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I think Houston is still a few trades away from being legit.

They need some able veterans in that mix as well.

They're going in the right direction but I still don't like how they currently play.

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:14 PM
The funny thing is you are talking shit when Houston is a much better team than Golden State. Houston could make the WCF

:oldlol:

1-1 against each other, a few games apart, and they're much better? Warriors beat the 3rd seed last year and went on to take 2 games out of the team that went to the Finals.

Meanwhile, Houston was gonna get swept by the Thunder if Westbrook didn't get hurt :coleman:

Warriors' defense will have a field day against the prayer 3's the Rockets will be heaving in the 4th if the two teams meet :coleman:

Railgun
03-16-2014, 06:16 PM

1-1 against each other, a few games apart, and they're much better? Warriors beat the 3rd seed last year and went on to take 2 games out of the team that went to the Finals.

Meanwhile, Houston was gonna get swept by the Thunder if Westbrook didn't get hurt :coleman:

Warriors' defense will have a field day against the prayer 3's the Rockets will be heaving in the 4th if the two teams meet :coleman:
Stop. Denver was hurt that series. Golden State is much more scared of Houston that Houston is of Golden State.
Are you really going to bring up Houston last year like they didn't just add a superstar center? Get real.

ImKobe
03-16-2014, 06:17 PM
2nd round exit

zoom17
03-16-2014, 06:18 PM
They would go further then the warriors:oldlol:

Heavincent
03-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Stop. Denver was hurt that series.

And GS wasn't? David Lee was injured.

Shit excuse.

IncarceratedBob
Their two 'stars' disseapear in the playoffs

Dwight couldn't win one game last year lol

Inferno
Stop. Denver was hurt that series. Golden State is much more scared of Houston that Houston is of Golden State.
Are you really going to bring up Houston last year like they didn't just add a superstar center? Get real.

Lee was injured too.

And we added Iddy, and bolstered our bench. Plus Bogut is finally playing healthy and has the best defensive rating in the NBA.

Rockets 0-1 against the Warriors with Iggy :confusedshrug:

Did they last year?

Railgun
03-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Exactly. Golden State still has 2 vs. San Antonio and 2 vs. Portland, and another vs. the Grizz. They could miss the playoffs.

LONGTIME
03-16-2014, 06:20 PM
First round exit if the playoffs started right now.

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 06:21 PM

We're 2-1 against the warriors. We went up against the mother fvcking miami heat. Have the warriors beat the Heat this season?? Ummmm... I don't think so.

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:21 PM
First round exit if the playoffs started right now.

Nah, they can take the Blazers. If the Warriors pass the Blazers up, then it'd be an interesting series. I'm discrediting the Rockets too much; I'd love a Rockets - Warriors series :applause:

We're 2-1 against the warriors. We went up against the mother fvcking miami heat. Have the warriors beat the Heat this season?? Ummmm... I don't think so.

Ah, you're right. :h5:

Still 0-1 with Iggy though :applause:

brantonli
03-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Lee was injured too.

And we added Iddy, and bolstered our bench. Plus Bogut is finally playing healthy and has the best defensive rating in the NBA.

Rockets 0-1 against the Warriors with Iggy :confusedshrug:

Did they last year?

soooooo you're comparing the Warriors getting Iggy (not Iddy btw) with Rockets getting Dwight?

Heavincent
03-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Have the warriors beat the Heat this season?? Ummmm... I don't think so.

Yes.

Marlo_Stanfield
I think they can take some teams without a really good scorer, but teams with players like Lebron, Durant, Wade, etc, will expose their porous defense. SAS don't match up too well with the Rockets, but the game tends to slow down in the playoffs. Rockets need to continue to develop their defensive identity (if possible). Parsons was mic'd up and I heard him preaching "tighter defense". That's a great sign.
to bad Parsons is absolutely terrible at defense and is mega overrated on offense.
as long as he takes 13 shots per game they wont do a thang

Inferno
soooooo you're comparing the Warriors getting Iggy (not Iddy btw) with Rockets getting Dwight?

I'm comparing the Rockets getting Iggy, Steve Blake, Jermaine O'Neal, Jordan Crawford, and a healthy Bogut to the Rockets getting Dwight and the Rockets bench additions :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Agreed. Beardsley is going to get EXPOSED big time. When the free throws stop coming, it's over. Finito.

At one point in this game he had 22 points on 4 field goals. That is just absurd.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-16-2014, 06:24 PM
Agreed. Beardsley is going to get EXPOSED big time. When the free throws stop coming, it's over. Finito.

At one point in this game he had 22 points on 4 field goals. That is just absurd.
:applause: :applause:

Railgun
03-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Warriors fan talking shit when their team could miss the playoffs.

Inferno
I'll go out right now and admit that I'm discrediting the Rockets in this thread :oldlol: But I still think Warriors can beat them in a playoffs series

Warriors fan talking shit when their team could miss the playoffs.

:biggums: Not happening, brah

LONGTIME
Nah, they can take the Blazers. If the Warriors pass the Blazers up, then it'd be an interesting series. I'm discrediting the Rockets too much; I'd love a Rockets - Warriors series :applause:

:oldlol: Your right I just glanced at the standings and they would play Portland. For some reason I thought it was the Clippers.

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm comparing the Rockets getting Iggy, Steve Blake, Jermaine O'Neal, Jordan Crawford, and a healthy Bogut to the Rockets getting Dwight and the Rockets bench additions :confusedshrug:
Who cares. Rockets are still better than the Warriors.

And answer my fvcking question. Did the warriors beat the Heat this season?

Dumbass thread. We're 2-1 against gsw. You guys almost lost that 3rd one

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Who cares. Rockets are still better than the Warriors.

And answer my fvcking question. Did the warriors beat the Heat this season?

Dumbass thread

Yeah, we did beat the Heat, January 2nd. :confusedshrug:

I think the Warriors are better, but a series would be great to watch :cheers:

longtime lurker
03-16-2014, 06:28 PM
They won't be able to get pass the Spurs, Clippers, or Thunder.

Bruh I'm pretty sure Rockets couldn't get past the Grizzlies right now

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Why was GS brought up? This thread is about the Rockets - and yes, they aren't going anywhere. Their inability to do anything in the half-court and Lin's shitty defense will be their demise.

Inferno
Why was GS brought up? This thread is about the Rockets - and yes, they aren't going anywhere. Their inability to do anything in the half-court and Lin's shitty defense will be their demise.

I brought up GS in the OP. Should probably delete that part :oldlol:

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Yeah, we did beat the Heat, January 2nd. :confusedshrug:

I think the Warriors are better, but a series would be great to watch :cheers:
You didn't have to make this thread.

We faced the MIAMI HEAT

LONGTIME
Bruh I'm pretty sure Rockets couldn't get past the Grizzlies right now

:no: Those Grizzly bears are no joke.

mr.big35
they are done in first round. we will know when dwight will go missing in the playoffs

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:30 PM
You didn't have to make this thread.

We faced the MIAMI HEAT

IDK, watching the Rockets chuck up a terrible 3 like every other possession made me want to make it. You guys have a talented team but the offense isn't that great....sort of like the Warriors on offense too :oldlol:

Bandito
03-16-2014, 06:32 PM
they are done in first round. we will know when dwight will go missing in the playoffs
When has he? When he got injured?

Heavincent
03-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Steph Curry > any player on the Rockets
Warriors play better D
Iggy can shut down Harden
Howard is a bitch

Yeah, I'm a shameless Warriors bandwagoner. Sue me.

Railgun
03-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Dwight is a great playoff player. What are you talking about?

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Steph Curry > any player on the Rockets

Yeah, I'm a shameless Warriors bandwagoner. Sue me.
You can **** off with your opinions

If iggy can shut down harden then why did he score 39 the last time they faced

Heavincent
03-16-2014, 06:38 PM
You can **** off with your opinions

If iggy can shut down harden then why did he score 39 the last time they faced

Good scorers get hot sometimes :confusedshrug:

He had a huge game against the Thunder last year too, but Thabo's defense wore him down in the playoffs.

ABfor3
03-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Good scorers get hot sometimes :confusedshrug:

He had a huge game against the Thunder last year too, but Thabo's defense wore him down in the playoffs.
Warriors < Rockets, they mad we tied the 3 pt record on em last year when you guys were supposed to have the best shooting team? :oldlol: still holding that grudge .. Adding Howard is way bigger than you guys adding Iggy, you need a good big man to win in the playoffs .

Harden & Howard> Curry&Bogut

NumberSix
03-16-2014, 06:45 PM
How ridiculous will the officiating be in a Rockets/Thunder series?

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Warriors < Rockets, they mad we tied the 3 pt record on em last year when you guys were supposed to have the best shooting team? :oldlol: still holding that grudge .. Adding Howard is way bigger than you guys adding Iggy, you need a good big man to win in the playoffs .

David Lee, a 20/10 guy, and Andrew Bogut, the player with the best defensive rating in the entire league? :confusedshrug:

Harden & Howard> Curry&Bogut

In the playoffs last year:

Harden: 26 PPG / 7 rebounds / 4.5 assists / 2 steals / 4.5 turnovers on 39/34/80 shooting

Curry: 23 PPG / 4 rebounds / 8 assists / 1.7 steals / 3.3 turnovers on 43/40/92 shooting

Not much of a difference IMO :confusedshrug:

And Dwight > Bogut, but Bogut's great for what we need him for

ABfor3
03-16-2014, 06:53 PM
David Lee, a 20/10 guy, and Andrew Bogut, the player with the best defensive rating in the entire league? :confusedshrug:

In the playoffs last year:

Harden: 26 PPG / 7 rebounds / 4.5 assists / 2 steals / 4.5 turnovers on 39/34/80 shooting

Curry: 23 PPG / 4 rebounds / 8 assists / 1.7 steals / 3.3 turnovers on 43/40/92 shooting

Not much of a difference IMO :confusedshrug:

And Dwight > Bogut, but Bogut's great for what we need him for
Harden pretty much shut down David Lee in crunch time, he's sorry. You need him to step up if you wanna beat us

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Harden pretty much shut down David Lee in crunch time, he's sorry. You need him to step up if you wanna beat us

Yeah, I wont disagree with that

Heavincent
03-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Rockets fans with some absolute shit arguments in this thread.

el_locoteee
03-16-2014, 06:58 PM

Houston owns GS. You can't beat that argument.

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 06:58 PM
:roll:

You just mad, homie

Inferno
03-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Houston owns GS. You can't beat that argument.

Not this year

2-1 against us, but 0-1 with Iggy, and we didn't have Bogut

ABfor3
03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Why you mad doe?

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Not this year

2-1 against us, but 0-1 with Iggy, and we didn't have Bogut
We didn't have asik to backup howard. He's a key player

A win is a win

Heavincent
03-16-2014, 07:02 PM
:roll:

You just mad, homie

Nah, I only talk shit to Rockets fans. You guys are very cocky for whatever reason.

Inferno
03-16-2014, 07:03 PM
We didn't have asik to backup howard. He's a key player

A win is a win

I'll agree with the bold. Either way 2/3 of our games this year have been close, so a playoffs series should be fun :applause: I feel like our defense will give us the edge over your offense though

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Nah, I only talk shit to Rockets fans. You guys are very cocky for whatever reason.
You're being an asshole for no reason. Im not cocky. There are cocky fans for every fan base, just letting you know

Milbuck
03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Beardsley coming up short yet again :oldlol:

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:04 PM
I'll agree with the bold. Either way 2/3 of our games this year have been close, so a playoffs series should be fun :applause: I feel like our defense will give us the edge over your offense though
I hope Houston faces portland

Inferno
03-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I hope Houston faces portland

Yeah you guys probably will unless we can string a win streak together...I think the Rockets can take Portland in 5 or 6

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Beardsley coming up short yet again :oldlol:
Seriously, does everything have to be about harden for you?

zoom17
03-16-2014, 07:08 PM
Spurs Thunder Clippers are all better than Houston.

Inferno
03-16-2014, 07:09 PM

Houston has the Spurs' number

Milbuck
No coincidence that none of those teams have James Harden.

Smook A.
Not the Spurs. Houston is 3-0 against them this season

zoom17
03-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Not the Spurs. Houston is 3-0 against them this season

might not even face them in the playoffs though but the spurs are healthy and on a roll right now.

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:14 PM
might not even face them in the playoffs though but the spurs are healthy and on a roll right now.
Don't care. Spurs haven't beaten Rockets since 2012

Bandito
03-16-2014, 07:14 PM
You have to admire that consistency:applause:

mr.big35
03-16-2014, 07:15 PM

and howard

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Youre obbsessed with harden.

You act like how girls do when they hear justin bieber.

Smook A.
03-16-2014, 07:16 PM
and howard
He's a good player

Mr Exlax
03-16-2014, 07:20 PM
I see us losing in the second round. We're still a super young team. This isn't a make or break season for us though. I know if we play GS in the playoffs we'd be advancing prettyeasily.

Inferno
03-16-2014, 07:28 PM
I see us losing in the second round. We're still a super young team. This isn't a make or break season for us though. I know if we play GS in the playoffs we'd be advancing prettyeasily.

And what makes you think that? :biggums:

Pretty easily? :biggums:

Mr Exlax
03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
And what makes you think that? :biggums:

Pretty easily? :biggums:

Because of our record against you guys for the last couple of years. There's just something about the Warriors that make us play so well against yall. We are probably tied this season but, the teams look pretty close to the same.

WWRWestbrookDo?
03-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Right or wrong?

depends on the matchup but they are good enough to at least win round 1