PDA

View Full Version : Spurs were in the Finals last year.. They currently sit at #1 in the west..

strike first
03-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Yet we never hear anything about them from the media.. All the hype goes to the young scrubs who choke away every playoff run.

Uncle Drew
03-16-2014, 07:27 PM
If they win tonight, they'll be the first team to win 50 games this season. Again.

Nikola_
03-16-2014, 07:28 PM
but but but duncan isnt flashy doe

KDthunderup
03-16-2014, 07:29 PM
It is expected of them, they do it every year. I guess since they don't really have any 'star' players any more, they just play great team basketball which doesn't seem to grab much attention.

DaSeba5
03-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Water is wet. Same story every year.

LONGTIME
03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Yet we never hear anything about them from the media.. All the hype goes to the young scrubs who choke away every playoff run.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Budadiiii
03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
It was a miracle for OKC to get past them in 2012.

Still don't know how it happened. KD and Harden went bizerk.

I ****ing hate the Spurs. Still as good as ever. Still have that crater faced f*ggot Pop.

:facepalm

I don't usually wish injury upon anyone but I do hope 4 or 5 of their guys go down with season ending injuries.

OKC winning is too important for me. Spurs are a bunch of salty ass bitches. Just go away.

Deuce Bigalow
03-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
2010 they were swept
2011 they lost to an 8th seed in the first round
2012 they were backdoor swept
2013 the infamous game 6

zoom17
03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
2010 they were swept
2013 the infamous game 6

how the lakers doing:oldlol:

Inferno
03-16-2014, 07:42 PM

Is this thread about the Lakers?

Deuce Bigalow
03-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Doing about as good as Bran's Cavs before Bran teamed up.

WWRWestbrookDo?
03-16-2014, 07:53 PM

what is there to say? They are the model of consistency but they will not make it back to the finals

Doctor Rivers
03-16-2014, 07:55 PM
The Spurs are the Patriots of the NBA. They win every year, but never get over the hump.

RagaZ
03-16-2014, 07:56 PM
The Spurs are the Patriots of the NBA. They win every year, but never get over the hump.
Yep, 4 titles.

Artillery
03-16-2014, 07:57 PM
OKC winning is too important for me. Spurs are a bunch of salty ass bitches. Just go away.

Yes, then the Heat will smash OKC in the Finals just like in 2012.

Fudge
It was a miracle for OKC to get past them in 2012.

Still don't know how it happened. KD and Harden went bizerk.

I ****ing hate the Spurs. Still as good as ever. Still have that crater faced f*ggot Pop.

:facepalm

I don't usually wish injury upon anyone but I do hope 4 or 5 of their guys go down with season ending injuries.

The bolded. :oldlol:

Budadiiii
Yep, 4 titles.
weak-eragate.

LONGTIME
03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Yes, then the Heat will smash OKC in the Finals just like in 2012.

I doubt the Heat even make it there.

Artillery
03-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Doing about as good as Bran's Cavs before Bran teamed up.

Bron's Cavs were never a lottery team like Kobe's Lakers are right now. Kirby gets paid 30 million only to play ten games(most of them terrible at that) and criticizes the management about the roster they put together.

Compare that to Lebron taking a paycut to build a contender in Miami.

Artillery
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
I doubt the Heat even make it there.

Heat can sleepwalk through the East and still make the Finals. OKC has the bigger question mark considering how stacked the West is.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
if Kawhi can somewhat limit Dulank in the playoffs OKC will get their asses handed to them by the spurs

Doctor Rivers
03-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Yep, 4 titles.

Yep 4 titles, not one of them in the last 10 years.

Yep.

Uncle Drew
03-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Yep.
2005 and 2007 say hi.

Deuce Bigalow
03-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Yep.
Can't believe 2007 was 20 years ago.

Deuce Bigalow
03-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Bron's Cavs were never a lottery team like Kobe's Lakers are right now. Kirby gets paid 30 million only to play ten games(most of them terrible at that) and criticizes the management about the roster they put together.

Compare that to Lebron taking a paycut to build a contender in Miami.
Boiled down:

Kobe: 5
Bran: 2

jrong
03-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Why do they do this every year? It must be so frustrating to be a Spurs fan and know that they're gonna run through the league at some point during the season but will ultimately lose to a more athletic team in the postseason.

LONGTIME
03-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Heat can sleepwalk through the East and still make the Finals. OKC has the bigger question mark considering how stacked the West is.

I don't think they can, they have played a lot of games over the past few years, fatigue will get them sooner or later. I don't see them winning it this year.

Doctor Rivers
03-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Can't believe 2007 was 20 years ago.

can't believe you don't know math...wait i can believe that

Doctor Rivers
03-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Boiled down:

Kobe: 5 - 3 = 2

fixed

mr.big35
03-16-2014, 08:34 PM
watch out the world's most boringest team is winning

hitmanyr2k
03-16-2014, 08:35 PM

Yep.

http://imageshack.com/a/img11/750/0rcr.jpg

DMAVS41
03-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Why do they do this every year? It must be so frustrating to be a Spurs fan and know that they're gonna run through the league at some point during the season but will ultimately lose to a more athletic team in the postseason.

What do you mean..."why do they do this"?

You think they should try to lose in the regular season or something?

They do the best they can do while not going over the cap and have an aging superstar in Duncan.

I mean...I would have liked to see them go after someone rather than signing Splitter, but I don't hate it. They improved the rest of their roster...and Leonard is improved, imo, as well...

They are just going to run with the Duncan era as long as he lasts...changing that up hugely around him seems pointless...especially at this point.

Also, the Spurs have had a lot of bad luck via injuries since the 07 finals. Manu was hurt in the 08 conference finals. Manu didn't play in 09 playoffs. Parker missed like 30 games in 10 and wasn't fully back...although he did play well in the playoffs as they beat my Mavs.

Then Manu was hurt in 11 in the playoffs.

I mean...that really is a lot of bad injury luck with Manu alone.

Eric Cartman
03-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Few things are a sure thing in life (taxes, death) one of them is the spurs choking. You don't have to wonder about the specifics, the hows or whys but it will happen at the moment you think they are unbeatable or a sure thing to win it all. Peyton Manning also has the choking gene really deep in his being.

strike first
03-16-2014, 09:32 PM
Few things are a sure thing in life (taxes, death) one of them is the spurs choking. You don't have to wonder about the specifics, the hows or whys but it will happen at the moment you think they are unbeatable or a sure thing to win it all. Peyton Manning also has the choking gene really deep in his being.

I see how peyton is a choker, but the popavich led spurs have 4 nba titles.. Thats outside the realm of choking by a pretty big margin.

Artillery
03-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Boiled down:

:oldlol: Counting sidekick rings. Real count:

Bron: 2
Kobe: 1(Gasol was better in 2010)

rmt
03-16-2014, 09:58 PM

I fail to see how a team that has won 4 championships can be labelled a choker. Most teams would kill to win 4 rings.

DMAVS41
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
I fail to see how a team that has won 4 championships can be labelled a choker. Most teams would kill to win 4 rings.

Again...look at what actually happened;

08 - Manu hurt in WCF
09 - Manu missed playoffs
10 - Parker hurt
11 - Manu hurt again
12 - Saw Perkins/Ibaka do something like 1 out of 1,000 in order to save the Thunder
13 - Literally 1 rebound away from the title
14 - Best record in league

I don't know what these people are talking about...and they've done it all with an aging superstar in Duncan.

navy
03-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Again...look at what actually happened;

08 - Manu hurt in WCF
09 - Manu missed playoffs
10 - Parker hurt
11 - Manu hurt again
12 - Saw Perkins/Ibaka do something like 1 out of 1,000 in order to save the Thunder
13 - Literally 1 rebound away from the title
14 - Best record in league

I don't know what these people are talking about...and they've done it all with an aging superstar in Duncan.

All that shows is Manu is not reliable. And '12 is a terrible excuse.

jrong
03-16-2014, 10:56 PM
What do you mean..."why do they do this"?

You think they should try to lose in the regular season or something?

They do the best they can do while not going over the cap and have an aging superstar in Duncan.

I mean...I would have liked to see them go after someone rather than signing Splitter, but I don't hate it. They improved the rest of their roster...and Leonard is improved, imo, as well...

They are just going to run with the Duncan era as long as he lasts...changing that up hugely around him seems pointless...especially at this point.

Also, the Spurs have had a lot of bad luck via injuries since the 07 finals. Manu was hurt in the 08 conference finals. Manu didn't play in 09 playoffs. Parker missed like 30 games in 10 and wasn't fully back...although he did play well in the playoffs as they beat my Mavs.

Then Manu was hurt in 11 in the playoffs.

I mean...that really is a lot of bad injury luck with Manu alone.

I think they should not get intoxicated with their regular season dominance like they do year in and year out. They're already an old team, and they have to save everything they can for the playoffs. But, every year it's like they try to win the title during the season and then by late May and June they don't have the legs anymore.

Artillery
03-16-2014, 11:33 PM
I think they should not get intoxicated with their regular season dominance like they do year in and year out. They're already an old team, and they have to save everything they can for the playoffs. But, every year it's like they try to win the title during the season and then by late May and June they don't have the legs anymore.

The hell? Pop manages minutes better than any other coach in the league. This statement describes Thibs more than anything.

Nuff Said
03-16-2014, 11:37 PM
2012 they went on a great winning spree only to lose in the wcf. 2013 they make it to the finals. They seem to be the only team other than the heat that are actually producing in the playoffs. I mean, according to your criteria, how exactly would you judge any other team aside from the lakers and Miami in the last few years? Apparently every single team in the league are a bunch of choking pansies considering considering the fact that since the new millennium there are only two teams in the whole nba that have won four or more titles. I mean what more could you ****in ask for? If I were a spurs fan I'd be proud that my name was never a lottery bottom feeding piece of shit team in this modern era. There is always some legitimate hope that they can win it all which can't be said for any other team.

TrueRob
03-17-2014, 12:39 AM
If the Spurs secure HCA throughout the playoffs, they just might win it all. I think they could've won last year with HCA. But, no star power, plus small market, so the media doesn't care about the Spurs.

JohnFreeman
03-17-2014, 12:40 AM

True

Dubs510
03-17-2014, 12:41 AM
they might have to play memphis again :lol

TMT
03-17-2014, 12:51 AM
There's no doubt that 2008-2011 were pretty much the dark years for the Spurs during the last 15 years. A big portion of that blame can go to Richard Jefferson doing absolutely nothing for us after Bruce was traded/retired. Then since picking up Kawhi Leonard in 2011 we've been to the WCF and the NBA Finals in consecutive years. I'm sensing a pattern here as far as what an athletic perimeter defender can do for this team. Other reasons definitely go into it, but this is a big one.

^ Also to guy above, no way in hell Memphis has any shot at knocking off the Spurs as an 8th seed again this year. Pending any major injury of course, right now Memphis' has zero chance.

Rose'sACL
03-17-2014, 12:52 AM
which is good news for the spurs given last year's WCF. 2 games went to OT but they still swept them.

rmt
03-17-2014, 01:38 AM

MEM is not a threat to SAS this year with Duncan, Splitter and Diaw. 2011 loss was because (Manu was injured and) Pop left Splitter on the bench until game 4, choosing to play the twin turds (Bonner and Blair) instead.

rmt
03-17-2014, 01:40 AM
There's no doubt that 2008-2011 were pretty much the dark years for the Spurs during the last 15 years. A big portion of that blame can go to Richard Jefferson doing absolutely nothing for us after Bruce was traded/retired. Then since picking up Kawhi Leonard in 2011 we've been to the WCF and the NBA Finals in consecutive years. I'm sensing a pattern here as far as what an athletic perimeter defender can do for this team. Other reasons definitely go into it, but this is a big one.

^ Also to guy above, no way in hell Memphis has any shot at knocking off the Spurs as an 8th seed again this year. Pending any major injury of course, right now Memphis' has zero chance.

Richard Jefferson, Bonner, Blair and an ancient McDyess.

ImKobe
03-17-2014, 01:44 AM
2010 they were swept
2013 the infamous game 6

:oldlol:

Deuce Bigalow
03-17-2014, 01:58 AM

Boiled down though

Upgrayedd
03-17-2014, 01:59 AM
I really hope they pull it off. I want to see their big 3 win another championship. It was so disappointing that they blew it last season.

I hope it's San Antonio vs. Miami in the finals again and the Spurs win this time.

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 02:03 AM
I really hope they pull it off. I want to see their big 3 win another championship. It was so disappointing that they blew it last season.

I hope it's San Antonio vs. Miami in the finals again and the Spurs win this time.
With how both teams look right now, I would pick the Spurs to win it 6, this time comfortably sealing the deal.

Big#50
03-17-2014, 02:47 AM
With how both teams look right now, I would pick the Spurs to win it 6, this time comfortably sealing the deal.
Nah. Spurs are still coached by the clueless piece of shit drunk. That idiot owes Duncan his career earnings.

DMAVS41
03-17-2014, 02:51 AM

Dude.

Pop manages the minutes and games as well as you can for all the players.

It's just really hard to win if you don't have an elite player and another all nba type player. It's just the way it breaks down in NBA history.

The margin of error is just so much smaller.

RichieW
03-17-2014, 02:56 AM

I genuinely think I can name a dozen little things from the last 28 seconds of Game 6 last year that gives the Spurs the championship. The idea that they 'didn't have the legs' is ridiculous.

tomtucker
03-17-2014, 04:41 AM
lots of euro-scum.....a Parker that fails down each time he drives to the basket.........Matt Bonner.........Pop-o-zits............lots of annoying shit on that team...........

Artillery
03-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Boiled down though

Boiled down though:

Lebron: 2 Finals MVPs
Kobe: 2 Finals MVPs

AintNoSunshine
03-17-2014, 05:26 AM
Ask yourself what is the nature of "media" like ESPN.

Jyap9675
03-17-2014, 06:00 AM
Hoping spurs get to the finals again. Besides OKC, spurs should be worried of Houston. Harden seems to torch the spurs every single time (dating back to 2012 wcf.. Ouch)

All Net
03-17-2014, 06:18 AM
MEM is not a threat to SAS this year with Duncan, Splitter and Diaw. 2011 loss was because (Manu was injured and) Pop left Splitter on the bench until game 4, choosing to play the twin turds (Bonner and Blair) instead.yeah memphis are no longer a match up problem for the spurs.

RichieW
03-17-2014, 07:25 AM
Since the 2010 playoffs, the Spurs are 13-2 against the Grizzlies including the last 7 in a row. They should do everything they can to avoid us IMO.

I'd love to see an OKC v Grizzlies rematch with a healthy Westbrook, which would allow Duncan and Dirk to go at it one last time in the playoffs.

Anaximandro1
03-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Few things are a sure thing in life (taxes, death) one of them is the spurs choking.

Duncan 38

Manu 37

Parker 32

Duncan won his first title in 1999. Manu and Parker won in 2003.

They are still competing after all these years. What they are doing at this stage of their career is amazing, especially after all of the crazy stuff that happened in G6.

They deserve praise, not mockery.

ninephive
03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
It's true...

1998 - Duncan's rookie season, lost to Utah (choke)
1999 - Won the Championship (15-2 in the playoffs) (But lockout season = choke)
2000 - Lost in 1st Rd to Phoenix (Duncan choked by getting injured)
2001 - SWEPT by Shaq/Kobe LA in WCF (Huge choke)
2002 - Lost AGAIN to Shaq/Kobe LA 4-1 (B2B choke)
2003 - Won NBA Championship, but against Nets (Weak opponent choke)
2004 - Fisher miracle shot (Ginobili defense 0.4 choke)
2005 - Won NBA Championship, but took 7 Games (Length of series choke)
2006 - Ginobili foul on Dirk in G7 (Overtime choke)
2007 - Won NBA Championship in sweep (PATHETIC OPPONENT choke)
2008 - Lost in WCF to LA (Barry just lets Fisher jump on him and doesn't lean in, no call choke)
2009 - Lost in FIRST ROUND (choke)
2010 - SWEPT by Phoenix in 2nd round (LOL choke)
2011 - Lost in FIRST ROUND to 8 SEED LOLOLOLOLOLOL (CHOKE!!!!!)
2012 - Backdoor swept by OKC in WCF (Lose 4 games in a row choke)
2013 - Game 6 (Choke of all Chokes)

Doctor Rivers
04-01-2014, 04:27 PM

bump