PDA

View Full Version : Spurs here are so overrated.

Connor B
03-17-2014, 01:47 AM
You guys whine about how they are underappreciated but I don't think I've met a NBA fan in my life who doesn't respect the Spurs. Sure sometimes people write them off but its the same every year where someone is like "People forgot about the Spurs AGAIN."...no one forgot about the Spurs.

First of all, they had the easiest road imaginable to the Finals last year.

Inferno
03-17-2014, 01:49 AM
You guys whine about how they are underappreciated but I don't think I've met a NBA fan in my life who doesn't respect the Spurs. Sure sometimes people write them off but its the same every year where someone is like "People forgot about the Spurs AGAIN."...no one forgot about the Spurs.

Lakers were an easy win, but the Warriors and Grizzlies were both formidable opponents. Warriors took 2 games out of them, and could have had 3.

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 01:52 AM
How was their road to the finals the easiest imaginable when they played the Warriors and Grizzlies? The Warriors were red hot, and when Steph/Klay are hot, they can hang with ANYONE. And that Memphis team seriously could've taken Miami to 6 or even 7.

Meanwhile, the Heat played such dominant teams as the Bucks (who I will admit sucked ass and had zero chance with Jennings and Ellis as our offensive focal points), the busted up broken down Rose-less Bulls, and the 49-win Pacers who were only a tough team because of the matchup problems they posed with their size.

ImKobe
03-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Not Spurs fault they were that much better than any other team in the West last year with Duncan playing like his old self & Parker playing at an MVP level.

Spurs were 28 seconds away from an NBA title, they are not overrated.

Upgrayedd
03-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Easy road?

Who did the Heat beat to get to the finals that was so great? The Bulls without D-Rose, the Pacers.

Grizzlies and Warriors were both tough competition.

Spurs are not overrated. They're always over looked. I did it for years. I couldn't stand the Spurs and always considered them "boring". But I started to really enjoy watching Duncan, Ginobili and Parker play. Plus, they don't have Bruce Bowen anymore. I couldn't stand him. I like their big 3, I like Poppovich, I like their younger guys like Leonard, Green and Belinelli. They're so fun to watch in recent seasons.

coin24
03-17-2014, 02:20 AM

False. Miami did last year.

nzahir
03-17-2014, 02:24 AM
So indi was a nobody? Best record in the league or something like that right now, am I right? chicago is tougher than memphis and maybe even last years warriors b/c of their injuries. Ethered.

Inferno
03-17-2014, 02:26 AM
So indi was a nobody? Best record in the league or something like that right now, am I right? chicago is tougher than memphis and maybe even last years warriors b/c of their injuries. Ethered.

The Warriors actually went neck and neck against the Spurs for most of the series whereas Chicago snagged one game from Miami and then got dominated the rest of the way...

livinglegend
03-17-2014, 02:26 AM

Miami played more games , so they had a tougher road to the finals.
It s as simple as that.

coin24
03-17-2014, 02:47 AM
The Warriors actually went neck and neck against the Spurs for most of the series whereas Chicago snagged one game from Miami and then got dominated the rest of the way...

This.:applause: ethered nzahir(f@ggot)..

ABfor3
03-17-2014, 02:53 AM
Spurs aren't overrated, they deserve all the respect they get because they sure do get a lot of disrespect in return .

coin24
03-17-2014, 02:55 AM
It s as simple as that.

Yes bran stans are that simple

JohnFreeman
03-17-2014, 02:56 AM
No, they are not overrated.

Myth
03-17-2014, 02:58 AM
It s as simple as that.

Great logic. Apparently the 2001 Lakers played the easiest schedule on their way to the Finals. They were so lucky to play shitty teams like the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs. Man, those were the worst teams of that era.

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 03:01 AM
Great logic. Apparently the 2001 Lakers played the easiest schedule on their way to the Finals. They were so lucky to play shitty teams like the Blazers, Kings, and Spurs. Man, those were the worst teams of that era.
:oldlol: Well handled

Rose'sACL
03-17-2014, 03:51 AM
they are not overrated. go die.

All Net
03-17-2014, 04:31 AM
Overrated? Do you even know what that word means?

BoutPractice
03-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Spurs are almost the scientific proof that it takes more than a "championship team" to win the championship. Luck plays a large part too, in victory as in defeat. SA have been genuine contenders many more years than those in which they won a championship - thinking that only the team that ended up winning could've won, that only the team that won the championship was a "championship team" is a fallacy.

SpaceJammeR
03-17-2014, 08:08 AM
spurs are legit. they may be aging but they know how to play team basketball, are well coached, and have all time greats.