PDA

View Full Version : Harden 5th Season vs Ray Allen 5th season

Jlamb47
03-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Is James Harden this year better then Ray Allen 5th year in the NBA?

Harden Stats now

25ppg 5rpg 6apg fg%455 3pt%352

Allen Stats 5th season

22ppg 5rpg 5apg fg%480 3pt433

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Ray Allen played defense. Also, he wasn't a smelly sack of shit.

I'd pick him without hesitation.

aboss4real24
03-17-2014, 02:01 PM
harden is like a paul pierce 2.0

but without the d#

SCdac
03-17-2014, 02:04 PM
keep in mind Allen's 5th season was in 00-01 when there was fair amount of competition at his position and the league hadn't quite gotten rid of handchecking / turned into ticky tack foul fest yet. Harden is a baller but the way he plays feels exploitative (which may seem ironic coming from a Manu fan, but Manu is all heart and drive). Harden lives at the FT line, for better or worse.

Rocketswin2013
03-17-2014, 02:07 PM
PER? WS' ? Team success?

SCdac
03-17-2014, 02:15 PM
would have loved to see Harden deal with the tenacity and peskiness known as Bruce Bowen

http://cdn2-www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/uploads/2007/10/file_50211_0_arton45893.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/KX_Z4Hv-yXc/hqdefault.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/marty_burns/11/15/bowen.reputation/p1.rip.bowen.jpg

DMAVS41
03-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Prime Ray Allen was better than current Harden.

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
would have loved to see Harden deal with the tenacity and peskiness known as Bruce Bowen
Harden would shit himself on court and cry himself to sleep every night. When the free throws are gone, he's in trouble. Add Bruce Bowen to that and it's game over for Beardsley.

Bob Dole
03-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Lol at the people on this board who hate james harden.

I swear you guys never give him any credit. You think james harden wouldn't be able to score in 00-01 for some crazy azz reason. Makes absolutely no sense.

K Xerxes
03-17-2014, 02:21 PM
The amount of Harden hate must be a joke. People act like he puts up 15-3-3.

Few players can put up around 25-5-5 regardless of the methods they use. He's a special player, just needs to apply himself on defense and continue developing a mid game.

Peak Ray was probably better, although I think it's very much possible Harden will end up better.

SCdac
03-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Lol at the people on this board who hate james harden.

I swear you guys never give him any credit. You think james harden wouldn't be able to score in 00-01 for some crazy azz reason. Makes absolutely no sense.

Of course he would score, Stackhouse averaged 30 ppg on .40 % shooting for a crappy team, but would Harden be as 'great' as he is now back then or really any better than Ray Allen? I'm hesitant to say yes, but on the other hand I do think he's really talented regardless of era.

Another thing I keep in mind is the frantic fast pace the Rockets play at and the fact Harden launches almost 7 three's a game.

Bob Dole
03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Of course he would score, Stackhouse averaged 30 ppg on .40 % shooting for a crappy team, but would Harden be as 'great' as he is now back then or really any better than Ray Allen? I'm hesitant to say yes, but on the other hand I do think he's really talented regardless of era.

Another thing I keep in mind is the frantic fast pace the Rockets play at and the fact Harden launches almost 7 three's a game.

lol, nostalgia has taken a stick and beaten you senselessly over the head. He would be the same damn player. Maybe his rank in regard to his place in the league would differ but that doesn't change how good he is as a player, just his relative rank.

I have no problem with anyone who takes harden over ray Allen in their 5th seasons and everything says that it is essentially a coin flip.

SCdac
03-17-2014, 02:54 PM
lol, nostalgia has taken a stick and beaten you senselessly over the head. He would be the same damn player. Maybe his rank in regard to his place in the league would differ but that doesn't change how good he is as a player, just his relative rank.

I have no problem with anyone who takes harden over ray Allen in their 5th seasons and everything says that it is essentially a coin flip.

Eh, I just remember a league where defense was allowed to be tougher. Yea stars still got their calls, Kobe, AI, etc,, players still got to the line, but refs weren't having seizures after every little touch like there is now (and yes I'm being facetious to make a point). Has Harden ever gone up against defensive teams as great as the mid-2000's Pistons or Spurs? ... Better question, do those kinds of teams even exist any more? teams that could hold opposition to ~85 ppg.

Demitri98
03-17-2014, 03:17 PM

http://cdn2-www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/uploads/2007/10/file_50211_0_arton45893.jpg
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/KX_Z4Hv-yXc/hqdefault.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/marty_burns/11/15/bowen.reputation/p1.rip.bowen.jpg
Except Bowen's equivalent today is on Harden's team :pimp:

PsychoBe
03-17-2014, 03:23 PM

kawhi leonard is not on the rockets.

Smook A.
03-17-2014, 03:29 PM
kawhi leonard is not on the rockets.
Bruce Bowen was dirty and pesky. He also played some pretty good defense. Sounds like Beverley

Leonard isn't dirty at all

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Bruce Bowen was dirty and pesky. He also played some pretty good defense. Sounds like Beverley

Leonard isn't dirty at all
Comparing Beverley to Bowen as defenders is like comparing Brandon Jennings to peak Jordan in scoring.

Also, "pretty good"? What the ****?

SCdac
03-17-2014, 03:32 PM

Haha I'm actually becoming a Beverly fan. I can appreciate his tenacious effort for a role player.

As for Kawhi, he's more in the mold of a Shawn Marion. Athletic defender, great rebounder, can score in a variety of ways.

Smook A.
03-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Comparing Beverley to Bowen as defenders is like comparing Brandon Jennings to peak Jordan in scoring.

Also, "pretty good"? What the ****?
Why the **** are you disecting my words. Pretty good can mean elite. I meant it as an hyperbole. In his case it means really really good.

And back off. You don't watch the rockets as much as I do.

Black and White
03-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Why the **** are you disecting my words. Pretty good can mean elite. I meant it as an hyperbole. In his case it means really really good.

All he is saying is Beverley is not on Bowens level as a defender

Smook A.
03-17-2014, 03:41 PM
All he is saying is Beverley is not on Bowens level as a defender
Yeah and I'm pretty much saying he's a poor man's bowen. That's what I meant when I compared bev and bowen.

Pat's defense might not be as good but he still plays dirty and pesky which is like bowen

Black and White
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Yeah and I'm pretty much saying he's a poor man's bowen. That's what I meant when I compared bev and bowen.

Pat's defense might not be as good but he still plays dirty and pesky which is like bowen

That aspect is correct, Beverley is an annoying defender, all other comparisions to Bowen are incorrect.

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 03:46 PM

What are you blathering on about?

No, there is no sense in which "pretty good" means elite. You're just correcting yourself now after realizing how idiotic that statement was, and you don't know what hyperbole means.

I watch enough of the Rockets to know that Beverley is not in the same planet as prime Bowen defensively. And that James Harden is a sack of shit.

Smook A.
03-17-2014, 03:51 PM
What are you blathering on about?

No, there is no sense in which "pretty good" means elite. You're just correcting yourself now after realizing how idiotic that statement was, and you don't know what hyperbole means.

I watch enough of the Rockets to know that Beverley is not in the same planet as prime Bowen defensively. And that James Harden is a sack of shit.
You don't think I know what hyperbole means? It means to exaggerate something.

All I was saying is that they both play dirty and pesky. The difference between them is Beverley is no where near the defender Bowen was.

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 04:01 PM
You don't think I know what hyperbole means? It means to exaggerate something.

All I was saying is that they both play dirty and pesky. The difference between them is Beverley is no where near the defender Bowen was.
You said describing Bowen as "pretty good" was a hyperbole. Hyperbole is exaggerating something to a high degree..and if you described him as "pretty good" while exaggerating, what would that be if it wasn't an exaggeration? Average? It's all just damage control. If you meant "really, really, really good" or elite, you would've said it.

Bandito
03-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Milbuck is living in smook's head rent free!!!:lol