PDA

View Full Version : phil jackson should try to get anthony davis

Teanett
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
to the knicks and build a contender around him.
dude will be elite in two or three years.

Uncle Drew
03-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Dream on. Davis might have the highest value of all players not named Durant or LeBron.

LeGOAT
03-17-2014, 02:52 PM
to the knicks and build a contender around him.
dude will be elite in two or three years.
Dude is arguably elite right now

Johnny Jones
03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
:roll: Made my day. Good shit.

IncarceratedBob
03-17-2014, 03:12 PM
He doesnt have what it takes to handle New York

Teanett
03-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Dream on. Davis might have the highest value of all players not named Durant or LeBron.

like shaq and jordan. they came right after magic/bird and jordan/barkley.

phil will look at melo but he knows he has no shot to beat a team with lebron, durant or even blake griffin.

AnaheimLakers24
03-17-2014, 03:41 PM
phil jackson will be gone from that hell hole before davis hits free agency

Black and White
03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
And how the hell is he supposed to get him? Davis is one of the most untradeable pieces in the league.

Fiasco
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM

:facepalm

eliteballer
03-17-2014, 03:51 PM
And how the hell is he supposed to get him? Davis is one of the most untradeable pieces in the league.

Phil hasn't even be formally introduced and already Knicks fans are completely delusional.

Jlamb47
03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Phil could make it happen, if he gets AD its a wrap for New York.

Black and White
03-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Phil hasn't even be formally introduced and already Knicks fans are completely delusional.

This is going to be an annoying off-season, I hope some of them realise what Phil has to work with :facepalm

Teanett
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
phil jackson will be gone from that hell hole before davis hits free agency

3 seasons left. so they can offer a deal for him in two.
:pimp:

Teanett
03-17-2014, 03:58 PM
This is going to be an annoying off-season, I hope some of them realise what Phil has to work with :facepalm

why dont you stick with rugby?

Black and White
03-17-2014, 03:59 PM
why dont you stick with rugby?

Ok dumbass, explain to me how Phil Jackon gets Davis then?

Milbuck
03-17-2014, 04:08 PM
He should definitely try to get Lebron and Durant while he's at it. And CP3 and Dwight. And you know who'd be really sick for the Knicks? Noah. Westbrook and Iggy too. And Klay Thompson and Derozan.

Knicks 2014-15 roster

CP3/Westbrook
Derozan/Klay
Durant/Iggy
Lebron/Davis
Dwight/Noah

:rockon: Knicks 2015 Champions baby! :rockon:

:banana:Get it done Phil! :banana:

fpliii
03-17-2014, 04:10 PM
/thread

Teanett
03-17-2014, 04:16 PM
Ok dumbass, explain to me how Phil Jackon gets Davis then?

how do i know?
how did riley get bron?
how did cotton fitzsimmons (was it him) get barkley?
how did red holzman get earl the pearl?

**** knows, it's not my fukkin job, dumbass.

why should he NOT try to get anthony davis if he wants to win a championship? i didnt say it's easy,
i'm not saying next year, but it's phil freakin jackson if anyone could convince davis to play for the knicks, it's him.

what else should he do? melo? nah. kevin love? fukkouttahere. rondo+somebody? aint cuttin it....

Black and White
03-17-2014, 04:20 PM
how do i know?
how did riley get bron?

why should he NOT try to get anthony davis if he wants to win a championship? i didnt say it's easy,
i'm not saying next year, but it's phil freakin jackson if anyone could convince davis to play for the knicks, it's him.

what else should he do? melo? nah. kevin love? fukkouttahere. rondo+somebody? aint cuttin it....

Whats wrong with Melo + defensive players and a pass first pg???

There is no logical scenario in which Phil Jackson could get Davis, sure he can TRY, but thats as far as it goes

kamil
03-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Isn't pretty arrogant to think that Anthony Davis would have no problem leaving the Pelicans organization? Have any of you considered that maybe he's happy where he is and has no interest in serving any of your feelings of entitlement? That goes out to all Lakers fans as well.

kamil
03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
He should definitely try to get Lebron and Durant while he's at it. And CP3 and Dwight. And you know who'd be really sick for the Knicks? Noah. Westbrook and Iggy too. And Klay Thompson and Derozan.

Knicks 2014-15 roster

CP3/Westbrook
Derozan/Klay
Durant/Iggy
Lebron/Davis
Dwight/Noah

:rockon: Knicks 2015 Champions baby! :rockon:

:banana:Get it done Phil! :banana:

The only player that wouldn't have a problem with that kind of collusion is LeBron*

Teanett
03-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Whats wrong with Melo + defensive players and a pass first pg???

didnt we have that last year? 54 wins and 2nd round out. that's melo's ceiling.
melo could join the bulls and they still wouldnt have a shot against the heat or okc.

you want to win in the nba you need somebody who brings consistent effort along with a huge amount of talent. there's lebron, durant, blake, maybe paul george and soon anthony davis.

out of that group davis ist the only guy who isnt in a great environment from basketball point of view.

Akrazotile
03-17-2014, 04:31 PM
:roll: Made my day. Good shit.

This. OP is jokes.

Thanks OP :cheers:

Teanett
03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Isn't pretty arrogant to think that Anthony Davis would have no problem leaving the Pelicans organization? Have any of you considered that maybe he's happy where he is and has no interest in serving any of your feelings of entitlement? That goes out to all Lakers fans as well.

sure, but dont you think IF any of the elite players would be willing to relocate, wouldnt it be davis?

Akrazotile
03-17-2014, 04:34 PM
you want to win in the nba you need somebody who brings consistent effort along with a huge amount of talent. there's lebron, durant, blake, maybe paul george and soon anthony davis.

out of that group davis ist the only guy who isnt in a great environment from basketball point of view.

So where do the Knicks come in?

Johnny Jones
03-17-2014, 04:34 PM
sure, but dont you think IF any of the elite players would be willing to relocate, wouldnt it be davis?
:biggums: :biggums:

He's in his 2nd year and he has said multiple times how much he loves NOLA.

kamil
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM

Assuming he WANTS to leave. Do you have any proof/sources to suggest he wants to get out of NOLA after only being there for 2 years?

Teanett
03-17-2014, 04:38 PM
:biggums: :biggums:

He's in his 2nd year and he has said multiple times how much he loves NOLA.

yes, true.
and i believe him but he is not in a situation where he can win titles there yet.
now if that changes, like with durant in okc or blake with the clips, he will become untouchable for other teams.

Teanett
03-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Assuming he WANTS to leave. Do you have any proof/sources to suggest he wants to get out of NOLA after only being there for 2 years?

of course i DONT have any sources.
who the fukk do you think i am? chris broussard?

moe94
03-17-2014, 04:46 PM

Who else?

Teanett
03-17-2014, 05:05 PM
So where do the Knicks come in?

it's phil jackson. gotta put any knick jokes on hold.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-17-2014, 05:26 PM
I would be interested in ISH's opinion on who has the highest trade value in the NBA. Maybe like a top 10 list. Age, injuries, and upside have to be taken into account. I remember at one point, GSW fans said they wouldn't trade Anthony Randolph for Kevin Love.

smoovegittar
03-17-2014, 05:44 PM
It's a bloody waste of time wondering what Jackson will do here on ISH. You either get trolled or lumped into the "delusional Knick fan" category by a contingent of teenage boys with too much time on their hands.

I prefer to reserve any comments until moves are being made. That said, I would love to have AD on the roster.

Apologies to the dozen or so posters here that actually have something to offer on occasion.

kamil
03-17-2014, 05:48 PM
of course i DONT have any sources.
who the fukk do you think i am? chris broussard?

Then quit talking out of your ass.

Purch
03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
:wtf: :biggums:

DStebb716
03-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Teanett and Knicksfever: Both not actually Knicks fans. Both trolls trying to make us look bad.

Darius
03-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Good idea.

He should get LBJ and Wiggins too.

Try to tweet at him - this is a really good idea and he probably hasn't thought of it.

BoutPractice
03-17-2014, 07:04 PM
If Anthony Davis leaves NO, it'll be either because of free agency or the threat of free agency. No piece or combination of pieces (other than the other two obvious "untradeable" players) could possibly match his current value, yet if anything that value is expected to increase in the next few years.

smoovegittar
03-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Teanett and Knicksfever: Both not actually Knicks fans. Both trolls trying to make us look bad.
I had my suspicions. Damn, but this place sucks...

gts
03-17-2014, 09:19 PM

How are the Knicks going to get him? Trade? What do you have to offer?

He's on a rookie contract and he's 3 years away from even becoming a restricted free agent... Summer of 17 is the forst time other teams might even have a crack at him

So what do the Knicks have to offer? How do propose the Knicks get him

Akrazotile
03-17-2014, 09:22 PM
it's phil jackson. gotta put any knick jokes on hold.

Didnt yall say this about Carmelo?

aboss4real24
03-17-2014, 09:27 PM
AD Will end up in new york .... with the knicks

The power of Phil and ny just too strong

Teanett
03-18-2014, 06:12 AM
How are the Knicks going to get him? Trade? What do you have to offer?

He's on a rookie contract and he's 3 years away from even becoming a restricted free agent... Summer of 17 is the forst time other teams might even have a crack at him

So what do the Knicks have to offer? How do propose the Knicks get him

that's exactly what i mean, you fukkers.
we're talking long term, kids.
when did i say NOW???

All Net
03-18-2014, 06:24 AM
Yeah it's that easy.

TiagoSimoes
03-18-2014, 06:30 AM
3 years from now he will be a free agent, thats alot of time. even KD will end his contract b4 that, why dont you try him? he pretty good.

i which okc managed to get anthony davis, that would be pretty sweet. but damm we have scott fkn brooks, not phil jackson. wish okc was a good basketball environment. hope we dont lose westbrook to the knicks, westbrook,melo,KD,Anthony Davis and J.R. Smith. thats just too much. why would u come back phil jackson? ur making this so unfair, knicks too good, such a great basketball environment

SexSymbol
03-18-2014, 09:48 AM
At the end of the day, Davis has to make a decision. Does he want to be ridiculed for being the greatest pelican ever, or the greatest Knick ever. Those are two shameful honors (pelicans for the name, knicks for obviously being the worst franchise ever, not naming two other teams), so he has to choose which is less shameful and which has a better opportunity to win a ring. And that's Pelicans x10. Even the greatest coach of all-time running basketball operations can't save the Knicks.

ralph_i_el
03-18-2014, 10:29 AM
how do i know?
how did riley get bron?

Why don't you ****ing learn about contracts before you start talking shit.

The next 2 years of Davis are TEAM options. That means he's locked up for those 2. Then he's a restricted free agent, and that means if he trys to sign somewhere else the pelicans will match the max contract and they have him for another 4. If he just resigns with them straight up they have him for 5 years on that contract. If he refuses to sign anything then he plays on a restricted offer for one year then is unrestricted.

Pelicans have Davis locked up for the next 3-8 years.

Knicks need to worry about having a good environment before they snag any super star. Why would anyone want to play for the knicks right now?

Teanett
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Why don't you ****ing learn about contracts before you start talking shit.

The next 2 years of Davis are TEAM options. That means he's locked up for those 2. Then he's a restricted free agent, and that means if he trys to sign somewhere else the pelicans will match the max contract and they have him for another 4. If he just resigns with them straight up they have him for 5 years on that contract. If he refuses to sign anything then he plays on a restricted offer for one year then is unrestricted.

Pelicans have Davis locked up for the next 3-8 years.

Knicks need to worry about having a good environment before they snag any super star. Why would anyone want to play for the knicks right now?

well, duh!
answered it before. read the whole thread, homo!

Teanett
03-18-2014, 02:18 PM
3 years from now he will be a free agent, thats alot of time. even KD will end his contract b4 that, why dont you try him? he pretty good.

i dont think kd would leave westbrook and ibaka.
anthony davis has tyreke evans. thats a huge difference.

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 02:27 PM

How many big men in today's league possess the skillset that Davis has on both ends of the floor? He's having a better 2nd NBA season than Duncan did if you look at individual stats. We all know big men are more valuable than wing scorers, & Davis is the most versatile big man in the league.