PDA

View Full Version : The "Phil Jackson joins the Knicks" Press Conference, 11:00 AM ET on MSG.com

bagelred
03-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Be there.

http://msg.com/

:bowdown:

Knicksfever2010
03-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks, I wasnt aware it was today. Good job pumpkin

bagelred
03-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks, I wasnt aware it was today. Good job pumpkin

Well then i'm glad I made this thread....it was worth it.

christian1923
03-18-2014, 09:52 AM
This is gonna be the last time we hear his voice lol

bagelred
03-18-2014, 09:55 AM
This is gonna be the last time we hear his voice lol

LOL nice...repped.

I repped you in my mind.

bagelred
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
:bowdown:

sbw19
03-18-2014, 11:08 AM
http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-03-18a37s5t.png

Damn you Jimmy Buss :facepalm

DuMa
03-18-2014, 11:10 AM
dolan pls shave you look like a bum

Knicksfever2010
03-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Look how short Dolan is and that disheveled look on his face. Would it have killed him to shave? He looks like a rat

Bodhi
03-18-2014, 11:14 AM
This is my first time watching James Dolan

He's like an awkward high school kid giving a class presentation

sbw19
03-18-2014, 11:16 AM
This is my first time watching James Dolan

He's like an awkward high school kid giving a class presentation

ti..tire...tireless..ly

RoseCity07
03-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I believe this is the biggest move towards winning the Knicks have made since drafting Ewing. Phil Jackson can turn them into a winner.

It's really sad that the Knicks need to pay someone 60 million to explain why team basketball is better than selfish ballhog Melo ball.

T-Time3
03-18-2014, 11:21 AM
From Twitter @IanBegley:
"Steve Mills will serve as GM under new president Phil Jackson. Both Jackson and Mills will report directly to owner James Dolan #Knicks"

so yeah, it's basically the same shit.
u know what, it's like you eat some shitty food you cooked 3days ago, only this time you add some ketchup and chilli sauce or some shit.

sbw19
03-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Phil (paraphrasing): play team ball or prepare to get shipped.

kamil
03-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Dolan looks like an incompetent dumbass.

RoseCity07
03-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Phil (paraphrasing): play team ball or prepare to get shipped.

What I heard too. Amare, Smith, and Felton are gone. Probably Carmelo Anthony if they can get a good enough deal. Phil Jackson hates everything about the way the Knicks play basketball.

Knicksfever2010
03-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Phil is waxing poetic about the triangle. You KNOW he still wants to coach ONLY IF they get lebron

sbw19
03-18-2014, 11:34 AM
What I heard too. Amare, Smith, and Felton are gone. Probably Carmelo Anthony if they can get a good enough deal. Phil Jackson hates everything about the way the Knicks play basketball.

I think he's just sending a message to all of them, play ball the right way. Obviously he sees potential in Melo as the focal point of an effective offensive system, but it remains to be seen if Melo commits to staying in NY.

edrick
03-18-2014, 11:35 AM
He wants Lebron.

RoseCity07
03-18-2014, 11:40 AM
He wants Lebron.

30 teams want Lebron. Lebron makes any team a contender. The Knicks don't deserve to be bailed out that easily. You don't run a franchise into the ground and then expect the best player in the world to sign.

Knicksfever2010
03-18-2014, 11:42 AM
30 teams want Lebron. Lebron makes any team a contender. The Knicks don't deserve to be bailed out that easily. You don't run a franchise into the ground and then expect the best player in the world to sign.

Did the Heat deserve to get bailed out with Lebron? It has nothing to do w/ deserving

kamil
03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Wow, Dolan just admitted he knows fvckall about basketball. This guy needs to sell the team and step away from being one of the worst team owners of all time.

RoseCity07
03-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Did the Heat deserve to get bailed out with Lebron? It has nothing to do w/ deserving

The Heat won a championship in 2006. They had Dwyane Wade and solid role players. It was a winning situation. The Knicks are a catastrophe. Everything that can be wrong is wrong with the Knicks. Terrible point guard. A chucking star that plays no defense. JR Smith. The rest of the team is a joke as well.

They paid Amare 100 million when his knees were failing and the Suns let him go. Let me liken the Miami Heat to a flight with slight turbulence. The New York Knicks have crashed into the ground and the plane exploded killing everyone.

Knicksfever2010
03-18-2014, 11:55 AM
The Heat won a championship in 2006. They had Dwyane Wade and solid role players. It was a winning situation. The Knicks are a catastrophe. Everything that can be wrong is wrong with the Knicks. Terrible point guard. A chucking star that plays no defense. JR Smith. The rest of the team is a joke as well.

They paid Amare 100 million when his knees were failing and the Suns let him go. Let me liken the Miami Heat to a flight with slight turbulence. The New York Knicks have crashed into the ground and the plane exploded killing everyone.

Let me see if I'm following your logic: You think because a team won a championship, they 'deserve' only the best? And a team that has suffered, deserves to continue to suffer?

Your logic is horrible.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 11:59 AM
although it is very unlikely that lebron goes to knicks but if knicks do manage to get him then they deserve him. you deserve anything that you are able to pull off.

RoseCity07
03-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Let me see if I'm following your logic: You think because a team won a championship, they 'deserve' only the best? And a team that has suffered, deserves to continue to suffer?

Your logic is horrible.

It has nothing to do with logic. It's my opinion. I don't think complete incompetence should be rewarded. The Knicks should have to clean house and start fresh. That's what they are doing. I'm glad. I'm tired of seeing that franchise be a joke. I'm embarrassed for the United States of America that our most prestigious city has such a pathetic basketball team.

Knicksfever2010
03-18-2014, 12:01 PM
so you want to start fresh but that plan doesnt include lebron james? Lebron is the complete opposite of what the Knicks have become (selfish, no passing)

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 12:02 PM
It has nothing to do with logic. It's my opinion. I don't think complete incompetence should be rewarded. The Knicks should have to clean house and start fresh. That's what they are doing. I'm glad. I'm tired of seeing that franchise be a joke. I'm embarrassed for the United States of America that our most prestigious city has such a pathetic basketball team.
how will they be rewarded if lebron goes there? it is not like the league would force lebron to move to new york. if they get him then they clearly would be doing something right.

Sarcastic
03-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Wait, how would they be bailed out that easy? They haven't won in 40 years. That's easy?

Shit, what would hard be? 100 years?

RoseCity07
03-18-2014, 12:11 PM
how will they be rewarded if lebron goes there? it is not like the league would force lebron to move to new york. if they get him then they clearly would be doing something right.

If he did decide to sign there it would be a reward regardless if it's in a trade or if he signs there. He is a prize to any franchise. It doesn't matter either, he won't sign in New York. He's staying in Miami.

Legends66NBA7
03-18-2014, 12:13 PM
James would make the Knicks a contender, depending who they would put around him. But I don't see him going to the Knicks.

Let's see how the rest of the season and off season plays out.

Amar'e_Juwanna
03-18-2014, 12:15 PM

IMO misdiagnosing the Knicks. The problem is with Amar'e's contract. Carmelo is a superstar, and he will succeed with the right pieces around him. Unfortunately, When you have max money locked up with a player who can't stay on the floor, there isn't enough for the "right" role players and system to enable Melo to succeed. Factor in poor choices in coaching, poor decisions by management, and the general hoo-hah of New York scrutiny (which anyone who hasn't spent time here or actively observed can't discount)- there is enough there to screw up a basketball team Royally.

We aren't making the playoffs. Atlantas schedule is too easy. Millsap is back, and with Korver and Teague, that's enough to keep NYK out of it. This is a good thing. Get Anthony on the golf course with Jackson. Begin grooming him. Get him to opt in for next year.

This summer, do as much as possible to clear the books for 2015.. especially if we don't make the playoffs and he keeps playing well, Amar'e might even be worth something to someone.. (trade for a Morris twin STAT). Get JR off this team. Likewise with Felton. Start building some depth, draft picks. Solidify the organization.

One more year of mediocrity as a transitional season into 2015 is required. That needs to be understood by organization, players, media, and fans alike. If Melo postpones free agency for one more year, he would be able to actively structure his 2015 contract around the future of the team. He has confessed that taking less money is not an issue if it helps the team. This only happens if he trusts the team. The biggest change Phil Jackson can make IMO is in the culture of the team and organization. I don't really care about the media- they can lambast us all they want. But with Phil at the helm I have faith that a foundation trust can help this team become better than competent- perhaps even dominant.

This is a new era for NYK basketball. Im happy to be able to witness it.

Patrick Chewing
03-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Phil will start early with this team and get Bynum here as soon as the season ends.

aboss4real24
03-18-2014, 12:29 PM
lebron is going to the knicks

aboss4real24
03-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Phil will start early with this team and get Bynum here as soon as the season ends.

:oldlol:

bynum career is over son