PDA

View Full Version : Important Person: "Kevin Durant is a better player than Lebron."

bagelred
03-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Who gives a shit....

moe94
03-18-2014, 12:52 PM
When LeBron was beating Kobe statistically, no one ever said he was better or at least it didn't seem like a majority. It's like they hate LeBron.

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 12:53 PM
When LeBron was beating Kobe statistically, no one ever said he was better or at least it didn't seem like a majority. It's like they hate LeBron.
Why would anyone not homosexual or retarded like lebran?

sportjames23
03-18-2014, 12:57 PM
OP mad as shit. :oldlol:

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Why would anyone not homosexual or retarded like lebran?
may be because they are not retarded like you? go ahead and post your last 10 comments. you are like a 40 yr old whose only achievement is being a fan of a sports team(s) and hates anyone who likes basketball first instead of just liking one team and hating others.

moe94
03-18-2014, 01:06 PM
may be because they are not retarded like you? go ahead and post your last 10 comments. you are like a 40 yr old whose only achievement is being a fan of a sports team(s) and hates anyone who likes basketball first instead of just liking one team and hating others.

Those are a lot of implications for not liking a widely criticized player. :biggums:

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 01:07 PM
40 yr old? retarded? :whatever:

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Those are a lot of implications for not liking a widely criticized player. :biggums:
if you have read his posts then you would see that he rarely if ever posts any reasons for liking or not liking a team/player. He just says stuff like "wade is a bitch". that is all. i never call him out because there are way way worse posters on this site like corleone or russwest.
half his posts are just insults on players. nothing else.

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 01:15 PM

:facepalm

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsurvey.players/index.html
http://www.nba.com/news/features/gmsurvey.players/index.html

Clearly. The majority of people who had Kobe above LeBron back then were either A: Laker stans or B: Analysts and players that only picked Kobe as a sign of respect.

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 01:18 PM
if you have read his posts then you would see that he rarely if ever posts any reasons for liking or not liking a team/player. He just says stuff like "wade is a bitch". that is all. i never call him out because there are way way worse posters on this site like corleone or russwest.
half his posts are just insults on players. nothing else.
who are you again?

moe94
03-18-2014, 01:19 PM

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsurvey.players/index.html
http://www.nba.com/news/features/gmsurvey.players/index.html

Clearly. The majority of people who had Kobe above LeBron back then were either A: Laker stans or B: Analysts and players that only picked Kobe as a sign of respect.

LeBron, in 08, "surpassed" Kobe in the regular season in the way Durant has surpassed LeBron. You're talking about a time where it was not even a question. Did the majority of the basketball world think LeBron was better than Kobe in 2008? Well?

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 01:22 PM
LeBron tarnished his legacy by teaming up with Wade and Bosh, there's really no other reason as to why most people don't like him.. If he would of stayed in Cleveland I'm positive his fan base would look a lot better

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 01:23 PM
LeBron, in 08, "surpassed" Kobe in the regular season in the way Durant has surpassed LeBron. You're talking about a time where it was not even a question. Did the majority of the basketball world think LeBron was better than Kobe in 2008? Well?

LeBron didn't surpass Kobe in the 2007-08 regular season, they were virtually equal. Hell one could EASILY argue Bryant had a better regular season, he just played less minutes.

2008-09 is another hand entirely. And in 2009, the majority of the basketball world started to flip. By 2010, probably 75% of hardcore unbiased fans believed LeBron was better than Kobe. Hell the entire agenda back then was that LeBron couldn't win in the playoffs because of no supporting cast.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:24 PM
LeBron tarnished his legacy by teaming up with Wade and Bosh, there's really no other reason as to why most people don't like him.. If he would of stayed in Cleveland I'm positive his fan base would look a lot better
are you saying that players should keep playing for a front office that isn't doing its job? Only a team owner or an owner of a big business would think like that.

zoom17
03-18-2014, 01:26 PM

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 01:27 PM
are you saying that players should keep playing for a front office that isn't doing its job? Only a team owner or an owner of a big business would think like that.
Cleveland had a lot of cap space that year, they offered james the most money and he could of brought Bosh over to Cleveland with him..I would prefer that then for him to go to another mans team(Wade) and try to win like that. It's called dignity, something LeBron lost when he signed with Miami

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 01:29 PM

He had every right to leave Cleveland. Just like all of the fans had every right to give him a ton of shit for leaving. Those are 2 separate entities. LeBron sacrificed his image and ultimately legacy in terms of being liked for a chance to join 2 other all stars. Period. End of story.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Cleveland had a lot of cap space that year, they offered james the most money and he could of brought Bosh over to Cleveland with him..I would prefer that then for him to go to another mans team(Wade) and try to win like that. It's called dignity, something LeBron lost when he signed with Miami
glad to know that bosh told you that he wanted to go and play in Cleveland. Why would bosh go to play in Cleveland instead of going to Miami to play with wade who was playing like a top 5 player at least at that time?
I have been to celveland once for 3 days and i am not sure how anyone below the age of 40 who is rich can stay there.

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 01:30 PM
He had every right to leave Cleveland. Just like all of the fans had every right to give him a ton of shit for leaving. Those are 2 separate entities. LeBron sacrificed his image and ultimately legacy in terms of being liked for a chance to join 2 other all stars. Period. End of story.
Exactly what I'm saying, thank you joyner

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 01:34 PM
glad to know that bosh told you that he wanted to go and play in Cleveland. Why would bosh go to play in Cleveland instead of going to Miami to play with wade who was playing like a top 5 player at least at that time?
I have been to celveland once for 3 days and i am not sure how anyone below the age of 40 who is rich can stay there.
It's not about Cleveland it's not about how the city looks or what's the most comfortable for him it's about him creating a legacy, being from Cleveland and got drafted by his hometown team..was supposed to be the savior of the franchise, hell the city! It's something you see in movies, and LeBron messed it up, I would of respected him way more for staying there and giving back to his community even if he didn't win a ring in contrast to dumping them via national tv like a real diva, for Miami. That is why most fans don't respect LeBron except bandwagon Cheat Fans

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:35 PM
most fans are idiots. MSG keeps getting sold out when it is clear that their owner is an idiot.
Fans could easily tell the owners to fck off but media has created this image that being loyal to team means that you should keep buying the tickets even when owner/front-office or players are clearly not doing all they can to win.
I can understand supporting a team by buying tickets for a few years if they had bad luck with injuries or some other type of thing that was just not in control of players/management but supporting a team which is clearly just using your city/state's name to make money is just stupid.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:38 PM
It's not about Cleveland it's not about how the city looks or what's the most comfortable for him it's about him creating a legacy, being from Cleveland and got drafted by his hometown team..was supposed to be the savior of the franchise, hell the city! It's something you see in movies, and LeBron messed it up, I would of respected him way more for staying there and giving back to his community even if he didn't win a ring in contrast to dumping them via national tv like a real diva, for Miami. That is why most fans don't respect LeBron except bandwagon Cheat Fans
you would have. no one else would have and put him in the category of barkleys and ewings. You also showed that you are underage by using the word "cheat". same goes for anyone who uses words like "fakers", "kobrick" etc. Just shows that you don't respect a team which outdid other teams(bigger market teams than miami) in bringing 2 big players.

imdaman99
03-18-2014, 01:39 PM
This :cheers:

I can understand playing where you want to play, but how about playing somewhere that the road to you making the finals isn't like following the yellow brick road? There are plenty of teams that he could have played on, where the front office would do anything to help him gather players himself. Instead he chose the easy way out of joining forces with 1 other superstar and another star.

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 01:47 PM
most fans are idiots. MSG keeps getting sold out when it is clear that their owner is an idiot.
Fans could easily tell the owners to fck off but media has created this image that being loyal to team means that you should keep buying the tickets even when owner/front-office or players are clearly not doing all they can to win.
I can understand supporting a team by buying tickets for a few years if they had bad luck with injuries or some other type of thing that was just not in control of players/management but supporting a team which is clearly just using your city/state's name to make money is just stupid.

Who gives a flying fvck what the owner does with the team? It's his god damn team, it's not the state/cities. Can the fans revolt and stop buying tickets, leading to his demise? Sure, but if they're not then who freaking cares. It's a sport, it means nothing in life. It's a form of entertainment. If people enjoy watching the Knicks, even if they suck, then great for them.

Just as if people want to hate LeBron for leaving Cleveland, that's in their every right.

But according to you loyalty is a fallacy that should never be put into principle.

Let me put it this way: You love a girl, but she is really down on her luck. Would you leave her just because she risks not giving you the absolute best future in terms of monetary value? Or would you wait it out, because ultimately you love her and even if you don't find fortune, you will still have happiness with her.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 01:50 PM
then everyone, including your punk ass would still diss him for being a ringless loser and hype his cleveland rosters
sack a digg

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Who gives a flying fvck what the owner does with the team? It's his god damn team, it's not the state/cities. Can the fans revolt and stop buying tickets, leading to his demise? Sure, but if they're not then who freaking cares. It's a sport, it means nothing in life. It's a form of entertainment. If people enjoy watching the Knicks, even if they suck, then great for them.

Just as if people want to hate LeBron for leaving Cleveland, that's in their every right.

But according to you loyalty is a fallacy that should never be put into principle.
what you want is like loving your wife/gf while she keeps treating you like shit.
Also, if it is just entertainment then tell that to yourself and many others here who act like being loyal to a team is more important than being loyal to your family.
also, lebron's cleveland teams were pretty much never called bad till he started playing in miami.

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 01:57 PM
then everyone, including your punk ass would still diss him for being a ringless loser and hype his cleveland rosters
sack a digg
Nah I wouldn't, I respected him in Cleveland especially when he took them to the finals.. He's a great player but he shouldn't have took the easy way out.
And btw, your a horrible poster..keep trollin on.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Nah I wouldn't, I respected him in Cleveland especially when he took them to the finals.. He's a great player but he shouldn't have took the easy way out.
And btw, your a horrible poster..keep trollin on.
and you are a fan of the most retarded franchise with a retarded coach, GM AND the three most retarded sports commentators of all time
way to go bro, way to go:applause:

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 02:04 PM
and you are a fan of the most retarded franchise with a retarded coach, GM AND the three most retarded sports commentators of all time
way to go bro, way to go:applause:
It's all good bud, at least I'm a true fan..I don't even know what team you like, or if you even watch basketball ..all your posts are so irrelevant and looney.

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 02:06 PM
what you want is like loving your wife/gf while she keeps treating you like shit.
Also, if it is just entertainment then tell that to yourself and many others here who act like being loyal to a team is more important than being loyal to your family.
also, lebron's cleveland teams were pretty much never called bad till he started playing in miami.

What a terrible comparison. How did Cleveland treat LeBron like shit? By getting unlucky in free agency and not having the right guys pan out?

Cleveland catered to EVERY need of LeBron, protected him at all costs, and did everything in their power to put the best team around him, sparing no expense.

A proper comparison would have been
You have a girlfriend who you've been committed to for a very long time, she has never hurt you and stood by your side through everything. You are extremely happy, although she is not your absolute perfect match. Still at the end of the day, she will be there until the end with you no matter how good/bad things are. But one day she got down on her luck, which could be recoverable in time. You were her only inspiration, the rock holding it together. However instead of potentially sacrificing your monetary value/a few years of hard times,

You then dump this girl for some young slut that doesn't give a flying fvck about you.

That's what LeBron did. Was it in his right? Absolutely. Should people hate him for it? Would people ridicule the guy in the hypothetical above? ABSOLUTELY

As for loyalty. That's at the disgression of the fans. They can jump allegiance as much as they want, this sport is supposed to be fun.

As for LeBron, WRONG. The Cavs WERE his extended family. That was his career and the team that gave him everything. Comparing a players loyalty to a franchise vs a fans is just hilarious.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:10 PM
It's all good bud, at least I'm a true fan..I don't even know what team you like, or if you even watch basketball ..all your posts are so irrelevant and looney.
enjoy years of mediocrity with Harden and Howard, two majorly flawed superstars.
enjoy years of irrelevancy afterwards.
all while listening to Clyde Drexlers drunk ass every game:lol :lol

ABfor3
03-18-2014, 02:12 PM
enjoy years of mediocrity with Harden and Howard, two majorly flawed superstars.
enjoy years of irrelevancy afterwards.
all while listening to Clyde Drexlers drunk ass every game:lol :lol
Haha haters will hate brah. But don't worry I will enjoy it win or lose :cheers:

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 02:14 PM
What a terrible comparison. How did Cleveland treat LeBron like shit? By getting unlucky in free agency and not having the right guys pan out?

Cleveland catered to EVERY need of LeBron, protected him at all costs, and did everything in their power to put the best team around him, sparing no expense.

A proper comparison would have been
You have a girlfriend who you've been committed to for a very long time, she has never hurt you and stood by your side through everything. You are extremely happy, although she is not your absolute perfect match. Still at the end of the day, she will be there until the end with you no matter how good/bad things are. But one day she got down on her luck, which could be recoverable in time. You were her only inspiration, the rock holding it together. However instead of potentially sacrificing your monetary value/a few years of hard times,

You then dump this girl for some young slut that doesn't give a flying fvck about you.

That's what LeBron did. Was it in his right? Absolutely. Should people hate him for it? Would people ridicule the guy in the hypothetical above? ABSOLUTELY

As for loyalty. That's at the disgression of the fans. They can jump allegiance as much as they want, this sport is supposed to be fun.

As for LeBron, WRONG. The Cavs WERE his extended family. That was his career and the team that gave him everything. Comparing a players loyalty to a franchise vs a fans is just hilarious.
cleveland didn't do its job. The owner was making money via lebron. lebron could have made money anywhere. of course, cleveland couldn't treat lebron like shit but they clearly didn't want to or were not capable enough to get championship calibre team around him.
Teams dump players who aren't producing what they want. why can't a player do the same to a franchise which has been irrelevant as a championship contender before him and after him even after giving so many years to that team?

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Haha haters will hate brah. But don't worry I will enjoy it win or lose :cheers:
:cheers:

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 02:24 PM
cleveland didn't do its job. The owner was making money via lebron. lebron could have made money anywhere. of course, cleveland couldn't treat lebron like shit but they clearly didn't want to or were not capable enough to get championship calibre team around him.
Teams dump players who aren't producing what they want. why can't a player do the same to a franchise which has been irrelevant as a championship contender before him and after him even after giving so many years to that team?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Cleveland was in the luxury tax from 2008-2010, hell they led the NBA in salary IIRC.

It's not a matter of oh hey lebron, lets get this team. there are a lot more variables that go into building an NBA team, unless you have collusion like Miami. Hell just look at the Lakers last year. Do you think they didn't put a good enough team around Kobe?

Just because it doesn't pan out doesn't mean they didn't do everything imaginable to make it happen.

And yes, of course teams drop players all the time. But not players that defined their god damn franchise. Franchises throughout history that have traded the fact of the team have almost ALWAYS been torn apart by the media/fans. At some point, something outside of basketball and money develops. It's a bond between the team, the player, the fanbase, and the city. And how often do you see a team trade away it's cornerstone? It almost NEVER happens unless the player demanded the trade.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:26 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Cleveland was in the luxury tax from 2008-2010, hell they led the NBA in salary IIRC.

It's not a matter of oh hey lebron, lets get this team. there are a lot more variables that go into building an NBA team, unless you have collusion like Miami. Hell just look at the Lakers last year. Do you think they didn't put a good enough team around Kobe?

Just because it doesn't pan out doesn't mean they didn't do everything imaginable to make it happen.

And yes, of course teams drop players all the time. But not players that defined their god damn franchise. Franchises throughout history that have traded the fact of the team have almost ALWAYS been torn apart by the media/fans. At some point, something outside of basketball and money develops. It's a bond between the team, the player, the fanbase, and the city. And how often do you see a team trade away it's cornerstone? It almost NEVER happens unless the player demanded the trade.
how can you life with yourself??
serious question

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 02:29 PM

being in luxury tax is not a sign of a capable organization. putting a best team on the court is the sign of a good organization. it doesn't matter if you do it with or without luxury tax.
May be it wasn't cavs FO. It may be just that cleveland is not somewhere players want to live most of the year. I would leave Cleveland if i lived there and i make about 65k a year unlike lebron who makes millions.

Joyner82reload
03-18-2014, 02:35 PM
how can you life with yourself??
serious question

You posted 900 times last week. We're done here.

5 rings fan
04-30-2014, 03:06 AM
Christians are dumb

Real14
04-30-2014, 03:07 AM
Christians are dumb
:coleman:

AnaheimLakers24
04-30-2014, 03:11 AM
collusion and steroids