PDA

View Full Version : Been watching hoops since 89.. never seen a team with 2 superstars and 1 star

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 01:07 PM
kobe shaq = 2 superstars.. no other stars (dont give me that malone/gp crap. them dudes were DONE)

spurs = duncan superstar, parker etc star.

mj pip = 2 superstars.. no other stars

but this miami team .. holy moly. 2 superstars wade and lebron AND another star in chris bosh (probably a superstar right now if hes on any other team, but wade really holds him back)

plus two top 2 picks, ray allen former star, shard former star, ...

its incredible how stacked this team is. they really should win 74+ games since they play in the east. :eek:

moe94
03-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Jordan/Pip + Rodman or Grant

You crazy?

Wade isn't Wade anymore and Bosh tends to disappear in the playoffs, for the most part.

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Jordan/Pip + Rodman or Grant

You crazy?

horace grant a star? :roll: :roll:

rodman a star? :roll: maybe his image.. but on the court, hes nowhere near a star. just a better version of birdman to be honest :roll:

tmacattack33
03-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Kobe, Dwight, Nash was two superstars from the preceding year and one star.

Not to mention what was already mentioned...Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman

moe94
03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about.

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 01:12 PM

oldass nash a star :roll: :roll: :roll:

fpliii
Just to be consistent, if you think Wade is still a superstar level player even with his injuries the past two years, he must be very, very high in your GOAT list.

Same with Bosh. If he's a borderline superstar in terms of level of play, while Rodman/Grant/Ginobili are not, then we have a big problem here. Not that I disagree that he's a top player (he might be the best PF in the game, who knows), just realize there are implications to your statements.

CelticBaller
If bosh is a star then Horace Grant is definitely one

ArbitraryWater
03-18-2014, 01:13 PM

rodman a star? :roll: maybe his image.. but on the court, hes nowhere near a star. just a better version of birdman to be honest :roll:

I think Grant was an All Star for a reason :confusedshrug:

Wade was a Superstar in 2011, and Bosh a Star?

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 01:13 PM
there is not one thing horace grant does better than bosh except fukk women

fpliii
03-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Defense/rebounding/athleticism.

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Rebound and play D :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
Bosh tends to disappear in the playoffs

Story of his career

And OP, I thought you watched ball since 78, yes ?

moe94
oldass nash a star :roll: :roll: :roll:

But old ass Wade is a superstar and 12/6 in the playoffs Bosh is a much superior player to Horace Grant and DENNIS RODMAN?

:roll:

imnew09

40 yrs old nash who missed half of the season...

dynasty1978
03-18-2014, 01:19 PM
During the Heat championship run, the approximate PER for each star:

LBJ - 29+
Wade - 25+
Bosh- 19+

I can't think of a triumvirate that has approached that kind of production, but I haven't researched extensively either. Any takers?

AintNoSunshine
03-18-2014, 01:20 PM

Were you even born when Rodman played? dude was the best rebounder in the league and an elite defender and hustle player. You don't have to put up 20+ points to be a star, which Rodman unquestionably was.

CelticBaller
03-18-2014, 01:20 PM

LBJ - 29+
Wade - 25+
Bosh- 19+

I can't think of a triumvirate that has approached that kind of production, but I haven't researched extensively either. Any takers?
PER? :wtf:

dynasty1978
03-18-2014, 01:22 PM
PER? :wtf:

pretty straightforward post. confused?

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 01:23 PM

Nash was far from a star that year & Dwight wasn't a superstar, even a 36 yr old Duncan was better than Dwight.

Pippen during the 2nd three-peat was hardly even a star, same goes with Rodman.

Rubio2Gasol
03-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I seen better teams. Kobe and Shaq would eat this team in 4. The Pistons with 0 stars would do it in 5.

Two Superstars perimiter players who you can just go under on the entire finals? Jesus.

Vienceslav
03-18-2014, 01:29 PM
How bout KG,Pierce and Allen?

detroitdogg
03-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Just to be consistent, if you think Wade is still a superstar level player even with his injuries the past two years, he must be very, very high in your GOAT list.

Same with Bosh. If he's a borderline superstar in terms of level of play, while Rodman/Grant/Ginobili are not, then we have a big problem here. Not that I disagree that he's a top player (he might be the best PF in the game, who knows), just realize there are implications to your statements.
Wade would easily average 27 7 and 5 at the #1 option. Dude has been dominant all year with a few games where he did not shoot much, but still gave his 5 and 5 easily. I really hope that one of them decides to split this off season so we can see a few more superstar years from Wade before he gets old.

BoutPractice
03-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Did I just wake up on July 8, 2010?

Clyde
03-18-2014, 01:41 PM

BOOOOOOO!!!!
:no:

tmacattack33
03-18-2014, 01:41 PM

LBJ - 29+
Wade - 25+
Bosh- 19+

If you are taking these numbers from when they started playing with each other, that is pointless.

Because then if 3 stars did eventually team up, and did terribly, their PER's would be low so they would not be at least 25, 25, and 19.

So, if any three stars failed in their attempts to play with each other, then they will have failed to meet your little 25, 25, and 19 stat here.

So, really all you asked with this question is if there were three stars who teamed up and fit together as well as Bosh, Lebron, and Wade. Which is a compliment to the three of them for being unselfish and making it work.

So really you should be asking about the previous year's for these players. And then if you do that, I'm sure Dwight, Kobe, and Nash qualify. Also, Barkley, Hakeem, and Pippen might as well.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Wade would easily average 27 7 and 5 at the #1 option. Dude has been dominant all year with a few games where he did not shoot much, but still gave his 5 and 5 easily. I really hope that one of them decides to split this off season so we can see a few more superstar years from Wade before he gets old.
he would retire the next season if he had to play all 82 games. wtf is with people like you? or are you just trolling?

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Wade a superstar??
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
http://cdn.niketalk.com/1/16/164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vZi_x-57ato/T0dq3tk8MaI/AAAAAAAAAzI/OfDUGZ_RX5U/s1600/black-guys-laughing.gif
http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/iM0ZAx7ZydNC3.gif

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 01:46 PM
he would retire the next season if he had to play all 82 games. wtf is with people like you? or are you just trolling?
seriously whoever doesnt understand this is fuqing retarded.
Wade couldnt even play 20 games with such production before his knee would reach the size of Fort Lauderdale

Im so nba'd out
03-18-2014, 01:51 PM
anyone who says wade wasnt superstar at all during the big 3 era is liar/c**k sucker.One of the 2 you choose which one you are

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 01:52 PM
anyone who says wade wasnt superstar at all during the big 3 era is liar/c**k sucker.One of the 2 you choose which one you are
i am both then.
well in 2011 he was a superstar but still got carried by Bron in the playoffs until the finals where he suddenly was the best player and Bron couldnt deal with it:facepalm

detroitdogg
03-18-2014, 02:13 PM
i am both then.
well in 2011 he was a superstar but still got carried by Bron in the playoffs until the finals where he suddenly was the best player and Bron couldnt deal with it:facepalm
Their numbers were damn near identical thru the whole playoff run, with Wade outplaying Bron numerous times. WTF were you watching that year?

fpliii
03-18-2014, 02:15 PM
i am both then.
Wade was definitely the best player in the Celtics series that year, though he was carried by Bosh/Bron vs the Bulls.

jlip
03-18-2014, 02:15 PM
This topic hasn't been relevant since 2011.

DMAVS41
03-18-2014, 02:41 PM
You could argue this in 2011. Certainly not in 12 or 13...neither Wade nor Bosh has played well enough since 2011.

But yea...in 2011 they had a pretty amazing collection of superstars/stars...and were actually the best Heat team because of it.

Great on both sides of the ball...too bad Lebron couldn't hack it in the finals. Would already have a 3 peat...and Wade's place in history with 4 titles and 2 finals mvp's would be cemented.

TylerOO
03-18-2014, 02:41 PM
wade aint a superstar brah

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 02:44 PM
How bout KG,Pierce and Allen?

i completely agree they were fantastic but i consider them 3 stars, ala detroit pistons 2004, and not 3 superstars.. maybe just passed their "superstar" status.. maybe KG was still a superstar... but not epically coming together in their primes like lbj, wade, bosh

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 02:46 PM
You could argue this in 2011. Certainly not in 12 or 13...neither Wade nor Bosh has played well enough since 2011.

BOSH has had AMAZING games .. you dont watch much nba ?

when needed, bosh BRINGS it, hes very clutch on both sides of the ball, sets screens, money from midrange, hits threes, plays d, rebounds always plays tough.

bosh has beaten the SPURS with lebron/wade out by himself, and hes dominated when d-whistle is out.

bosh > wade since 2011

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 02:53 PM
BOSH has had AMAZING games .. you dont watch much nba ?

when needed, bosh BRINGS it, hes very clutch on both sides of the ball, sets screens, money from midrange, hits threes, plays d, rebounds always plays tough.

bosh has beaten the SPURS with lebron/wade out by himself, and hes dominated when d-whistle is out.

bosh > wade since 2011
what do you mean when you say "when needed"? that is like saying that lebron had one of his best series in last year's finals because he had 2 great games in game 6 and 7. if he played like that for whole series then may be heat win in 6. May be if bosh played well then heat win in 6 against pacers and they have more rest. Bosh didn't do shit other than playing good defense in game 7. Game 7 is when you really "need it". He averaged less rebounds than lebron against spurs.
I can understand if bosh doesn't do well offensively if heat are not running plays for him to score but he should at least increase his defensive rebounding. On offens he is a jumpshooter so i give him a pass on offensive rebounds.

IncarceratedBob
03-18-2014, 02:55 PM
pippen wasnt a superstar, thats insane. i lived through all the bulls rings and nobody thought naughty scottie was a superstar, a hell of a player yes but not a superstar.

Suguru101
03-18-2014, 02:59 PM

But yea...in 2011 they had a pretty amazing collection of superstars/stars...and were actually the best Heat team because of it.

Great on both sides of the ball...too bad Lebron couldn't hack it in the finals. Would already have a 3 peat...and Wade's place in history with 4 titles and 2 finals mvp's would be cemented.

No, they weren't. How many times are you going to repeat that just to prop up the Mavs?

The 2012 team is the best Heat team. LeBron developed a post game and wasn't mentally fragile, Wade was good enough to still drop 40 point games and play awesome in the Finals, Spo actually developed a sound offense instead of basic pick and rolls and isos.

Then you had Shane Battier, a healthy Miller and Haslem, improvement of Chalmers and Cole came to the team. And again, the improvement LeBron had to go from 17 points in the Finals to 28-10-7 is enough to overcome the difference in the level of play of Wade. Stop with that argument, its as ludicrous as your 2011 Mavs > 2013 Spurs argument.

red1
03-18-2014, 03:02 PM
OP I would agree with your premise if wade wasn't a shell of himself for most of their run and if their team didnt have such obvious weaknesses. Literally last in rebounding and to this day still not one center on the roster. Just think about it logically. If the team is so stacked then why does it require such a herculean effort for them to win? Did you really think at any point that they were that much better than the spurs/pacers/thunder/mavericks?

Solefade
03-18-2014, 03:03 PM

LBJ - 29+
Wade - 25+
Bosh- 19+

during their championship run in 2012 or 2013? wade never had 25+ PER in the playoffs those years

kamil
03-18-2014, 03:16 PM
If bosh is a star then Horace Grant is definitely one

Rodman was definitely a 'star' player. Dude is a Hall of Famer for a reason, one of the greatest defenders of all time. I remember there was a LOT of hype for the Bulls when they signed Rodman.

BoutPractice
03-18-2014, 03:17 PM

But the latter doesn't follow from the former. You can have a better team on paper and a worse team on the court. That was the case for the 2011 Heat.

Myth
03-18-2014, 03:19 PM
People sleep a lot on the Shaq/Kobe/Rice combo.

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Magic, Kareem & Worthy? Kareem won a Finals MVP at 38 years old while Magic was in his prime & Worthy was putting up all-star numbers on elite efficiency.

Prometheus
03-18-2014, 03:35 PM
kobe shaq = 2 superstars.. no other stars (dont give me that malone/gp crap. them dudes were DONE)

spurs = duncan superstar, parker etc star.

mj pip = 2 superstars.. no other stars

but this miami team .. holy moly. 2 superstars wade and lebron AND another star in chris bosh (probably a superstar right now if hes on any other team, but wade really holds him back)

plus two top 2 picks, ray allen former star, shard former star, ...

its incredible how stacked this team is. they really should win 74+ games since they play in the east. :eek:

Jesus Christ man, the Decision was FOUR YEARS AGO. Move on.

Haymaker
03-18-2014, 03:48 PM
People sleep a lot on the Shaq/Kobe/Rice combo.

Yup, that was a deadly combination.

TheMilkyBarKid
03-18-2014, 03:56 PM
pippen wasnt a superstar, thats insane. i lived through all the bulls rings and nobody thought naughty scottie was a superstar, a hell of a player yes but not a superstar.
Remind me he how he placed for mvp voting in 94 and how far did he make it in the playoffs

MP.Trey
03-18-2014, 04:31 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K0uLNM-YjGY/T9TXk7BWgoI/AAAAAAAAEBQ/7iiVVaZFleo/s1600/2.jpg

DMAVS41
03-18-2014, 04:50 PM
No, they weren't. How many times are you going to repeat that just to prop up the Mavs?

The 2012 team is the best Heat team. LeBron developed a post game and wasn't mentally fragile, Wade was good enough to still drop 40 point games and play awesome in the Finals, Spo actually developed a sound offense instead of basic pick and rolls and isos.

Then you had Shane Battier, a healthy Miller and Haslem, improvement of Chalmers and Cole came to the team. And again, the improvement LeBron had to go from 17 points in the Finals to 28-10-7 is enough to overcome the difference in the level of play of Wade. Stop with that argument, its as ludicrous as your 2011 Mavs > 2013 Spurs argument.

It depends about 12...Bosh was injured for some of the playoffs. But I've actually said that a fully healthy 12 team might be the best. But again, these arguments are about Lebron's help...not really Lebron...because I'd argue that the 11 Heat were the best if Lebron just played his normal level. But he didn't...that was the true difference. Not some flaw in the offense or some BS like that. You don't have the 3rd best offense and 5th best defense and winning at a crazy pace after a struggle your first 17 games going 9-8. From game 18 of the season to game 2 in the finals...3rd qtr of game 2 in the finals mind you...the Heat looked amazing. And how 2 legit superstars and another star...and played top offense and top defense.

I'm so sick of hearing about the 11 Heat being flawed. Uhhhh...no. Lebron ****ing choked. If you polled the entire world on who was going to win the NBA finals with the Heat up 15 points in the 2nd half of game 2 in 11...100% would pick the Heat. They weren't flawed...Lebron choked. And if he had choked in 12 they would have lost...and if he had choked in 13 as bad as he did in 11...they would have lost. I say as bad because Lebron through the first 5.75 games of the 13 finals was actually shooting way worse than he did in 11 against the Mavs overall. LOL

But you ****ing lose me when people like you say the 13 Spurs were better than the 11 Mavs...LOL...no.

aj1987
03-18-2014, 04:59 PM
It depends about 12...Bosh was injured for some of the playoffs. But I've actually said that a fully healthy 12 team might be the best. But again, these arguments are about Lebron's help...not really Lebron...because I'd argue that the 11 Heat were the best if Lebron just played his normal level. But he didn't...that was the true difference. Not some flaw in the offense or some BS like that. You don't have the 3rd best offense and 5th best defense and winning at a crazy pace after a struggle your first 17 games going 9-8. From game 18 of the season to game 2 in the finals...3rd qtr of game 2 in the finals mind you...the Heat looked amazing. And how 2 legit superstars and another star...and played top offense and top defense.

I'm so sick of hearing about the 11 Heat being flawed. Uhhhh...no. Lebron ****ing choked. If you polled the entire world on who was going to win the NBA finals with the Heat up 15 points in the 2nd half of game 2 in 11...100% would pick the Heat. They weren't flawed...Lebron choked. And if he had choked in 12 they would have lost...and if he had choked in 13 as bad as he did in 11...they would have lost. I say as bad because Lebron through the first 5.75 games of the 13 finals was actually shooting way worse than he did in 11 against the Mavs overall. LOL

But you ****ing lose me when people like you say the 13 Spurs were better than the 11 Mavs...LOL...no.
2012 Heat > 2011 & 2013 Heat in the playoffs
2013 Heat > 2011 & 2012 Heat in the RS

'13 Spurs were definitely better. Duncan, Parker, Leonard, and Green? Oh, and lets not forget about Pop.

DMAVS41
03-18-2014, 05:08 PM
2012 Heat > 2011 & 2013 Heat in the playoffs
2013 Heat > 2011 & 2012 Heat in the RS

'13 Spurs were definitely better. Duncan, Parker, Leonard, and Green? Oh, and lets not forget about Pop.

The 2013 Heat were definitely the best regular season team...and clearly the worst playoff team.

The 12 Heat in the playoffs? Are you going off just the finals? If so I'd agree...although I wonder how much the matchup plays a role in this.

The entire playoffs with Bosh out? Absolutely not.

As a whole...I'd say 11 was the most consistent group. A top 3 offense and top 5 defense...after the first 17 games of struggle...they went 49-16 the rest of the regular season...and then 13-3 before the game 2 collapse in the finals.

That is 62-19...with 16 of those games coming in the playoffs. Made even more impressive by beating two very good teams in the East in the Bulls/Celtics.

Again, poll the world in game 2 who is winning the finals. Everyone is taking the Heat. This notion that the Heat were some fundamentally flawed team (and I thought they were early on) is just revisionist history at it's finest.

You take any team and have your best player play like Lebron did in the 11 finals and you aren't winning. Well, unless you are playing the 13 Spurs...they'll choke and let you back in the series.

3peated
03-18-2014, 05:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZqF65q4.jpg

Suguru101
03-18-2014, 05:15 PM
The 2013 Heat were definitely the best regular season team...and clearly the worst playoff team.

The 12 Heat in the playoffs? Are you going off just the finals? If so I'd agree...although I wonder how much the matchup plays a role in this.

The entire playoffs with Bosh out? Absolutely not.

As a whole...I'd say 11 was the most consistent group. A top 3 offense and top 5 defense...after the first 17 games of struggle...they went 49-16 the rest of the regular season...and then 13-3 before the game 2 collapse in the finals.

That is 62-19...with 16 of those games coming in the playoffs. Made even more impressive by beating two very good teams in the East in the Bulls/Celtics.

Again, poll the world in game 2 who is winning the finals. Everyone is taking the Heat. This notion that the Heat were some fundamentally flawed team (and I thought they were early on) is just revisionist history at it's finest.

You take any team and have your best player play like Lebron did in the 11 finals and you aren't winning. Well, unless you are playing the 13 Spurs...they'll choke and let you back in the series.

Polls, opinions, whatever. LeBron did not have a post game in 2011, Kidd and Barea guarded him at times and he couldn't punish them. Apart from that, he was mentally fragile and zoned out after things didn't go his way.

We are not talking about Wade and Bosh only, we are talking about the whole Heat team. The 2012 team was better than the 2011 one.

LeBron was a more complete and driven player.

Wade was about 90%, he dropped a 40 point game against Indy and averaged 23-6-5 in the Finals.

Bosh in 2012 was better defensively, but his role had decreased because Spo had installed the Pace and Space offense that unlocked the potential of this Heat team. He still put up 14, 9 and 1 block per game. In 2011 with a bigger role he put up 18, 7 rebounds and 0.5 blocks.

Battier had an unbelievable impact as a role player, and took the minutes that Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony basically played the year before. Mike Miller was healthy as opposed to 2011, so was Haslem. Chalmers improved and had a 25 point game in the Finals, Cole helped more that Bibby did the year before.

There is no argument for the 2011 Heat being better, except for you just wanting to isolate Wade and Bosh. No, its about the whole team and also the coach.

3LiftHeatCurse
03-18-2014, 05:36 PM
KG, Allen, Pierce

talkingconch
03-18-2014, 05:37 PM

LMFAO

some of you are really skewed on what OP has brought up

Wade, Lebron, Bosh were all in their prime when they got together. Kobe/Shaq sure, thats two. Celtics had 3 but during the twilight of their careers, they were good though however.

Wade, Lebron, bosh is completely different considering Lebron is #1 right now

Real Men Wear Green
03-18-2014, 05:40 PM
So now Dennis Rodman was not a star. Ah. Trolling leads to so many weird levels of idiocy.

DMAVS41
03-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Polls, opinions, whatever. LeBron did not have a post game in 2011, Kidd and Barea guarded him at times and he couldn't punish them. Apart from that, he was mentally fragile and zoned out after things didn't go his way.

We are not talking about Wade and Bosh only, we are talking about the whole Heat team. The 2012 team was better than the 2011 one.

LeBron was a more complete and driven player.

Wade was about 90%, he dropped a 40 point game against Indy and averaged 23-6-5 in the Finals.

Bosh in 2012 was better defensively, but his role had decreased because Spo had installed the Pace and Space offense that unlocked the potential of this Heat team. He still put up 14, 9 and 1 block per game. In 2011 with a bigger role he put up 18, 7 rebounds and 0.5 blocks.

Battier had an unbelievable impact as a role player, and took the minutes that Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony basically played the year before. Mike Miller was healthy as opposed to 2011, so was Haslem. Chalmers improved and had a 25 point game in the Finals, Cole helped more that Bibby did the year before.

There is no argument for the 2011 Heat being better, except for you just wanting to isolate Wade and Bosh. No, its about the whole team and also the coach.

Then explain why Lebron was playing just as bad against the Spurs in 13 through the first 5.75 games? This notion that Lebron was just so much better in 12 and 13 is a joke.

Also, the argument that the Heat were thin and relied too much on Lebron and Wade is bogus. The Heat beat the Bulls in 5 games...backdoor sweeping them in 11 with Wade playing well below his standards in that series.

Again, Lebron was doing the same shit against the Spurs. He was well below 50% TS the first 5.75 games....he was at like 42% fg as well. You can't say that 13 Lebron wasn't capable of underperforming. Total myth yet again...

Think about this please. Lebron shot 54% TS against the Mavs and 53% efg...through the first 6 games against the Spurs...Lebron was at sub 50% TS and at 46% efg...again. I'm sorry, pretending like Lebron was on another level in 13 is laughable...he had the same flaws in his game for the most part...and the only difference was that the 11 Mavs would have curb stomped Lebron in 5 or 6 games with him playing that putrid again. Meanwhile, the Spurs let Lebron dominate the 4th qtr...and then choked on the ft line and didn't grab 1 rebound...they do...and they are champions and we are talking about which series was worse for Lebron. Especially with Lebron's poor crunch time in game 6 as well.

We can argue all you want, and that is fine, but don't act like Lebron had a great finals through 5.75 or 6 games...he had an amazing game 7 that erased much of these issues in terms of both numbers and perception...again...I applaud him for that, but it was entirely dependent on a Spurs team that was clearly weaker than the 11 Mavs.

Oh wait...we have to pretend that an old ass Spurs team with Parker injured and playing horrible is better than the 11 Mavs playing great. LOL

LBJ 23
03-18-2014, 05:43 PM
I just hope I don't see any Jordan fans agreeing with OP since not a long time ago there was a thread called Pippen>Wade in which majority of Jordan fans were arguing that Pippen>Wade and Rodman>Bosh. Can't have it both ways.

FLDFSU
03-18-2014, 05:53 PM
How in the world does Kobe, Dwight, Pau, and Nash, who was among the lead leaders in APG the year prior, not fit this criteria?

pauk
03-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Thinking Wade plays like a superstar right now is extremly benevolent of you 1st of all..... i kindof doubt you have been watching since around 89 though, maybe you watched but were not that observant? Because..........

Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dennis Rodman. Their starting 5 & bench used to actually look like:

Starting 5:
C Laimbeer
PF Mahorn
SF Dantley
SG Dumars
PG Thomas

Bench:
Rodman
Salley
Johnson
Edwards

Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond & Tim Hardaway.

Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, Richard Dumas, Cedric Ceballos & Tom Chambers.

Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Horace Grant & Toni Kukoc.

Shaquille O'Neal, Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott & Horace Grant.

Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, Hersey Hawkins & Sam Perkins.

Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway & Jamal Mashburn.

Hakeem Olajuwon, Scottie Pippen & Charles Barkley.

Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose, Rik Smits, Dale Davis & Mark Jackson.

Blazers at one point:
Damon Stodamire
Steve Smith
Scottie pippen
Rasheed wallace
Rod Strickland
Aravydis Sabonis
Greg anthony
Bonzi wells
detlef schremf
Shawn Kemp
Dale Davis

Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison, Antoine Walker & Michael Finley.

Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Glen Rice, Eddie Jones, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Van Exel.

Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller & Stephen Jackson.

Chauncey Billups, Ben Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Tayshuan Prince & Rasheed Wallace.

Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion & Quentin Richardson.

Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen & Rajon Rondo.

Warriors at one point:
pg. Baron Davis 23ppg
sg. Monta Ellis 20ppg
sf. Stephen Jackson 20ppg
pf. Al Harrigton 20ppg
c. Andris Biedrins 11ppg

bench: Jason Richardson 23ppg

Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming & Ron Artest.

Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol. (Nash/Artest? Bynum? Odom?)

Many candidates and many MUCH better than Miami's "big 3" today.............

aj1987
03-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Then explain why Lebron was playing just as bad against the Spurs in 13 through the first 5.75 games? This notion that Lebron was just so much better in 12 and 13 is a joke.
You're so full of shit. 18/18/10 is a bad game? 33/11/4/2/2 is a bad game? 25/6/8/4 is a bas game? :facepalm

Also, the argument that the Heat were thin and relied too much on Lebron and Wade is bogus. The Heat beat the Bulls in 5 games...backdoor sweeping them in 11 with Wade playing well below his standards in that series.
Bosh: 23/8/1/1/1
LeBron: 26/8/7/2/2
Wade: 19/6/2/2/1
LeBron and the Heat defense shutting down is what won the series for the Heat.

Again, Lebron was doing the same shit against the Spurs. He was well below 50% TS the first 5.75 games....he was at like 42% fg as well. You can't say that 13 Lebron wasn't capable of underperforming. Total myth yet again...
He was at 44% and why are you using an arbitrary as **** 5.75 games shit?
LeBron averaged 18/7/7 in '11. Dude averaged 22/11/7/2/1 over the first 5 games against the Spurs. +4 PPG and +4 RPG. Also, the Spurs were MUCH better than the Mavs defensively.

Oh wait...we have to pretend that an old ass Spurs team with Parker injured and playing horrible is better than the 11 Mavs playing great. LOL
Lets just forget that Green was shooting 60% from the 3 to score 20 points a game or Kawhi was averaging a double-double while playing elite defense or that the Spurs as a team were shooting over 40% from the 3 or that Neal was shooting 47% from the 3 or that Duncan found the fountain of youth and was averaging 20/12. Lets just say TP was injured and it wasn't the Heat's defense or anything. Was he injured when he hit that game winner? Was be injured when he scored 26 on 71% in game 4?

VIP2000
03-18-2014, 06:02 PM
Technically, the first Lakers championship had Glen Rice. He was a year or two removed from being a 26ppg scorer, 3X All-Star and All-Star Game MVP.

unbreakable
03-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Thinking Wade plays like a superstar right now is extremly benevolent of you 1st of all..... i kindof doubt you have been watching since around 89 though, maybe you watched but were not that observant? Because..........

Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Dennis Rodman. Their starting 5 & bench used to actually look like:

Starting 5:
C Laimbeer
PF Mahorn
SF Dantley
SG Dumars
PG Thomas

Bench:
Rodman
Salley
Johnson
Edwards

Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle, Richard Dumas, Cedric Ceballos & Tom Chambers.

Blazers at one point:
Damon Stodamire
Steve Smith
Scottie pippen
Rasheed wallace
Rod Strickland
Aravydis Sabonis
Greg anthony
Bonzi wells
detlef schremf
Shawn Kemp
Dale Davis

Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Glen Rice, Eddie Jones, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Van Exel.

Warriors at one point:
pg. Baron Davis 23ppg
sg. Monta Ellis 20ppg
pf. Al Harrigton 20ppg
c. Andris Biedrins 11ppg

100% garbage

FLDFSU
03-18-2014, 06:08 PM

Starting 5:
C Laimbeer
PF Mahorn
SF Dantley
SG Dumars
PG Thomas

Bench:
Rodman
Salley
Johnson
Edwards

Blazers at one point:
Damon Stodamire
Steve Smith
Scottie pippen
Rasheed wallace
Rod Strickland
Aravydis Sabonis
Greg anthony
Bonzi wells
detlef schremf
Shawn Kemp
Dale Davis

Warriors at one point:
pg. Baron Davis 23ppg
sg. Monta Ellis 20ppg
pf. Al Harrigton 20ppg
c. Andris Biedrins 11ppg

:applause: :applause:

iznogood
03-18-2014, 06:22 PM

I agree on 2012 Heat being the better team, but I think the argument about Lebron's post game is vastly overrated in my opinion. It seems like Lebron learnt how to score from the low post in 2012. The truth is Lebron had these same moves that look so superior in the beginning of the 2012 season (mainly the fadeaway and lefty backboard jump hook) years before. You can see Lebron scoring with these moves when he was playing in Cleveland. The difference is Miami started running more plays with him posting up, but as far as I remember this wasn't even a factor in the playoffs because teams would double Lebron so much on the block.

In my opinion 2011 Dallas matched up better against Miami then 2012 OKC. 2012 OKC team was (and still is) very one dimensional team and made almost no adjustments. Led by a bad coach coach as well. Dallas was tactically way better team then OKC, running all sorts of different defensive schemes. Also Heat had no one on their team who could stop Dirk. I don't think Lebron choked that bad, in my opinion it felt a bit like Dwight in 2009, when Lakers used different defense schemes to challenge his ability to read the defense. Miami is also not too good at adjusting and Dallas exposed that in 2011.