Toizumi
03-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudola
Gerald Wallace
Danny Granger
Stephen Jackson

Rank these 5 according to how good they were in their prime

1. Caron Butler - He had a pretty complete game. Could defend, great hands and he could score around 20PPG on decent percentages.

2. Danny Granger - the best scorer out of all these guys by far in my opinion.

3. Iggy- I was never a big fan of his offensive game, especially when he took on the "leadership role", but he's a great defender, with good (underrated?) ballhandling and passing, who had an average shot and was a bit too confident at times.

4. Gerald Wallace - Great defensively, very limited offensively. His offense stood out at times because he played for the horrible bobcats. He was tailormade for a coach like Larry Brown and a defensive minded team.

5. Stephen Jackson - did never have the same "star power" as the guys listed above, but was a much better fit as a roleplayer than any of them. Can defend any guy and knock down big shots. Probably the best bball IQ of the guys listed here. I think it's mostly the situations he was in/teams he was on that makes him last on my list. He enjoyed the most team succes (Spurs) but also travelled around a lot and wasn't a consistent star for any team really, so that's why I have him last I guess.

Purch
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Intresting that you guys have a much more favorable memory of Danny than I remember having

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Iggy
Butler
Granger
Jackson
Wallace

scm5
03-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Iggy
Butler
Granger
Jackson
Wallace

This is the exact order I would rank them.

Iguodala was such a beast in his prime, especially defensively which is why I would put him above Caron.

wally_world
03-18-2014, 03:35 PM
1. Andre Iguodala
Best defender of the bunch, best playmaker as well. Scoring has always been underrated (only took more than 7FGA/game ONCE in his entire career). In his prime he's capable of 20/7/6 as the best defender on his team. Clutch as hell too.

2. Danny Granger
Best scorer of the bunch by far. Defense is underrated too. However he was scoring on a bad team and never did it with great efficiency, so he wouldn't be the 1st guy I pick to build a team around.

3. Caron Butler
I gotta say I am very surprised when I looked up his best season. A legit 20/7/5/2.2 on 47/36/90 :eek: But I don't know, I'd pick a prime Iggy/Granger to build my team over Caron. Granger the better scorer, Iggy better all-around.

4. Gerald Wallace
Too much of a system player. Easily the worst scorer of the bunch. Great hustle and rebounding, but really more of a complementary player than a borderline star in his prime.

5. Stephen Jackson
Got overrated for playing on that GSW team, numbers are inflated. Always been an inefficient volume scorer. Defense is good, but I'd take any of the other guys on this list over him (I have him tied with Granger for last).

Jlamb47
03-19-2014, 09:46 AM
1.Igudola is/was the best out of them, biggest game impact
2.Butler 3.Granger
4.Jackson
5.Wallace

D-FENS
03-19-2014, 09:59 AM
1. Caron Butler - He had a pretty complete game. Could defend, great hands and he could score around 20PPG on decent percentages.

2. Danny Granger - the best scorer out of all these guys by far in my opinion.

3. Iggy- I was never a big fan of his offensive game, especially when he took on the "leadership role", but he's a great defender, with good (underrated?) ballhandling and passing, who had an average shot and was a bit too confident at times.

4. Gerald Wallace - Great defensively, very limited offensively. His offense stood out at times because he played for the horrible bobcats. He was tailormade for a coach like Larry Brown and a defensive minded team.

5. Stephen Jackson - did never have the same "star power" as the guys listed above, but was a much better fit as a roleplayer than any of them. Can defend any guy and knock down big shots. Probably the best bball IQ of the guys listed here. I think it's mostly the situations he was in/teams he was on that makes him last on my list. He enjoyed the most team succes (Spurs) but also travelled around a lot and wasn't a consistent star for any team really, so that's why I have him last I guess.

Well summarized. Butler was a very good player who played both ends

Jasper
03-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudola
Gerald Wallace
Danny Granger
Stephen Jackson

igy
granger
butler (butler had an all around game for the Clips as well as with Lakers)
wallace
jax

STATUTORY
03-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Iggy is pretty much as close as you can get to Lebron without favorable reffing

sketchy
03-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudola
Gerald Wallace
Danny Granger
Stephen Jackson

Granger
Iggy
Butler
Wallace
Jackson

Im so nba'd out
03-19-2014, 11:09 AM
1. Andre Iguodala
Best defender of the bunch, best playmaker as well. Scoring has always been underrated (only took more than 7FGA/game ONCE in his entire career). In his prime he's capable of 20/7/6 as the best defender on his team. Clutch as hell too.

2. Danny Granger
Best scorer of the bunch by far. Defense is underrated too. However he was scoring on a bad team and never did it with great efficiency, so he wouldn't be the 1st guy I pick to build a team around.

3. Caron Butler
I gotta say I am very surprised when I looked up his best season. A legit 20/7/5/2.2 on 47/36/90 :eek: But I don't know, I'd pick a prime Iggy/Granger to build my team over Caron. Granger the better scorer, Iggy better all-around.

4. Gerald Wallace
Too much of a system player. Easily the worst scorer of the bunch. Great hustle and rebounding, but really more of a complementary player than a borderline star in his prime.

5. Stephen Jackson
Got overrated for playing on that GSW team, numbers are inflated. Always been an inefficient volume scorer. Defense is good, but I'd take any of the other guys on this list over him (I have him tied with Granger for last).
even though you rounded up i had no ideal he was putting up them numbers

Purch
03-19-2014, 11:59 AM
even though you rounded up i had no ideal he was putting up them numbers
I remember the big 3 on Washington, that had a lot of potential, but things just didn't go according to plan

FKAri
03-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Caron Butler
???
Stephen Jackson

kc16
03-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Iggy
Butler
Granger
Wallace
Jackson

* kind of hard to pick between Granger and Butler, I personally liked Butler better than Granger which is why I chose him at second. Also I must say Wallace and Jackson are gritty, hustle type players which I like. If had to pick players for a team I would choose Wallace and Jackson over the other 3 any day (maybe not Iggy) due to their scrappy play.

Dro
03-19-2014, 12:36 PM
1. Butler
2. Granger
3. AI
4. Wallace
5. Jackson

Purch
04-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Bump