PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless actually makes sense for the first time in his life

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:12 PM
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/445980797003378688

Skip BaylessVerified account
‏@RealSkipBayless
LeBron averaging only 18 per in 3 games vs JButler and Co. KD torched Bulls b/c he doesn't need to drive. HE can shoot over 'em.

This is the honest truth. KD's jumpshot is so pure that even when he's being guarded well he can still drop 40 like its nothing. And this is the reason he's having a better season than Bron

I still feel like Bron is the better player...what I mean by that is I think Bron at his absolute best is better than KD at his best. When Bron's jumpshot is falling he's the GOAT..but KD has definitely had the better season. I hate him but I can't do nothing but :applause: for him

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:15 PM

‏@RealSkipBayless
LeBron averaging only 18 per in 3 games vs JButler and Co. KD torched Bulls b/c he doesn't need to drive. HE can shoot over 'em.

This is the honest truth. KD's jumpshot is so pure that even when he's being guarded well he can still drop 40 like its nothing. And this is the reason he's having a better season than Bron

I still feel like Bron is the better player...what I mean by that is I think Bron at his absolute best is better than KD at his best. When Bron's jumpshot is falling he's the GOAT..but KD has definitely had the better season. I hate him but I can't do nothing but :applause: for him
KDs 3,5 more underserved FTA per game are the only reason he has a slightly better season than Bran. :biggums:

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 02:16 PM

‏@RealSkipBayless

You were so close to being objective. So close. Then it all just collapsed.

Solefade
03-18-2014, 02:19 PM

it's true..if he's hitting his jump shot he's basically unstoppable

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:20 PM
so you are telling me that if lebrons jumper is falling hes not the GOAT???:biggums: :biggums:
even his biggest haters admit this usually:coleman:

riseagainst
03-18-2014, 02:21 PM

‏@RealSkipBayless

:coleman:

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Anyone with a half a brain knows that. Bulls force perimeter players to shoot jump shots. KD is the best at shooting long 2s & drawing fouls on them. Lebron might be stronger, but he can't get up on J's like Durant can.

KD is shooting 43% on jump shots this season (over 1000 attempts) & 45% on long 2s.

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:23 PM
honestly, was Larry Bird a better shooter than KD? Like I just can't imagine somebody being more wet than this dude...like it's impossible :lol

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:26 PM
honestly, was Larry Bird a better shooter than KD? Like I just can't imagine somebody being more wet than this dude...like it's impossible :lol
watch him turn dry in the later rounds of the playoffs again or at the FT Lin ine clutch situations tho:lol :lol

Budadiiii
03-18-2014, 02:28 PM
That's the thing. His game is just more reliable than LeBron's.

LeBron hasn't developed a reliable jump shot, which just so happens to be the most important aspect of the game for a perimeter player.

90% FT shooter, lethal jumper, 7'4" wingspan, athleticism and finesse of a guard.... and the competitive winning attitude

He is a special kind of athlete. LeBron is cool, but KD is out of this world.

Rondo
so you are telling me that if lebrons jumper is falling hes not the GOAT???:biggums: :biggums:
even his biggest haters admit this usually:coleman:

Is Rondo a top 5 player of all time when his jumper is falling?

Get the f*ck outta here.

Joyner82reload
watch him turn dry in the later rounds of the playoffs again or at the FT Lin ine clutch situations tho:lol :lol

Yes, clearly. Like averaging 31 ppg on 55% shooting in the Finals, something LeBron has never even come close to doing. Or ranking #14 all time in playoff FT%. Yes, Durant sure does dry up.

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:29 PM

I hope so :lol. God knows I ****in hate his ass! He just doesn't seem to miss and it's getting real annoying :facepalm

zoom17
03-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Yes, clearly. Like averaging 31 ppg on 55% shooting in the Finals, something LeBron has never even come close to doing. Or ranking #14 all time in playoff FT%. Yes, Durant sure does dry up.

How did he do against Memphis though:lol

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:30 PM

he dried up against Memphis tho :roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:31 PM
LeBron was busy guarding westbrook.
they let Durant score, thats how irrelevant and empty his stats were.
thats why he was the first to cry too:roll: :roll: :applause:

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:31 PM

Get the f*ck outta here.

did this dude just say Rondo? Have you been smoking crack? :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:32 PM

Get the f*ck outta here.
yeah cuz Rondos Jumper is clearly as good as Lebrons:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
come back at me when Rondon shoots the threeball over 20 % or cracks 30% on Jumpers only once in his career:roll: :roll:

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 02:32 PM
LeBron was busy guarding westbrook.
they let Durant score, thats how irrelevant and empty his stats were.
thats why he was the first to cry too:roll: :roll: :applause:

Lebron was guarding KD from games 2-5 :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-18-2014, 02:33 PM
If Jordan was a center, he'd be the undisputed GOAT.

Lebron will never have a consistent jumpshot. Get over it, you dumb ape.

ProfessorMurder
03-18-2014, 02:33 PM
KDs 3,5 more underserved FTA per game are the only reason he has a slightly better season than Bran. :biggums:

Cool, a foreign person slobbering on the Heat. That's new. :rolleyes:

riseagainst
03-18-2014, 02:34 PM
How did he do against Memphis though:lol

Kevin Durant vs 2012 Mem in the playoffs:
29-10-7 42%FG

Lebron vs 2012 Mem in regular season:
19-9-8 42%FG

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:34 PM
If Jordan was a center, he'd be the undisputed GOAT.

Lebron will never have a consistent jumpshot. Get over it, you dumb ape.
Jordans Jumper wasnt all that good in the earlier years.
LeBrons was nonexistent and now hes one of the best shooters in the league( before his slump)
jordans GOAT status slowly but surely exposed:applause:
Mad?

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 02:35 PM
There is nothing GOATworthy about Lebron, except perhaps his physical gifts as an athlete.

Michael Jordan is just a better basketball player than Lebron was, is, and ever will be - "falling jumpshot" or not.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Kevin Durant vs 2012 Mem in the playoffs:
29-10-7 42%FG

Lebron vs 2012 Mem in regular season:
19-9-8 42%FG
LeBron:2013 FMVP
Durant 2013: backdoor swept by a team who then got wiped out by the Spurs in 4:roll: :roll:

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:36 PM
There is nothing GOATworthy about Lebron, except perhaps his physical gifts as an athlete.

Michael Jordan is just a better basketball player than Lebron ever was, is, or ever will be - "falling jumpshot" or not.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:37 PM
honestly, LeBron just has to take more jump shots though. It's like if he can't get into the lane, he's hesitant to take a jump shot. He just has to be more confident and take more jump shots in game situations and he'll improve.

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 02:38 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gifhttp://cdn.niketalk.com/2/2f/350x700px-LL-2ff5111e_michael-jordan-laughing.gif
Considering we both hate James Harden with a passion, I like you a lot more than other Lebron stans. Don't ruin it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Jordans Jumper wasnt all that good in the earlier years.
LeBrons was nonexistent and now hes one of the best shooters in the league( before his slump)
jordans GOAT status slowly but surely exposed:applause:

Lebron is an inconsistent jumpshoter.. If I were on his dick like you, young foreigner, I'd be MAD too.

Marlo_Stanfield
03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Considering we both hate James Harden with a passion, I like you a lot more than other Lebron stans. Don't ruin it.
okay but besides shooting there is absolutely NOTHING that Jordan does better than bran and you now it.
but i wont argue with a fellow Harden hater tho:coleman:

riseagainst
03-18-2014, 02:39 PM
LeBron:2013 FMVP
Durant 2013: backdoor swept by a team who then got wiped out by the Spurs in 4:roll: :roll:

Heat was supposed to win, they had the better team.

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:40 PM

Michael Jordan is just a better basketball player than Lebron was, is, and ever will be - "falling jumpshot" or not.

I disagree completely. Lebron is the greatest slasher of all time, first of all. Dude has one of the greatest Bball IQs of all time, his court vision, playmaking and passing are also elite. Dude has a great skill set. He's just not a consistent shooter and it's because he doesn't have the mindset for it. IDK of he can change that but I hope he works on it

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-18-2014, 02:41 PM
okay but besides shooting there is absolutely NOTHING that Jordan does better than bran and you now it.
but i wont argue with a fellow Harden hater tho:coleman:

Besides having better footwork/fundamentals and man to man defense?

Try again, young foreigner.

aburre21
03-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Heat was supposed to win, they had the better team.

that's not what America was saying prior to the finals :lol

OKC and the Heat were so evenly yoked, there is no way the Heat had the better team

Wade - Westbrook
Bron - Durant
Bosh - Ibaka

not to even mention James Harden who has been top 5 in scoring two years in a row. The Thunder were also a better rebounding team plus they had defensive stoppers like Sefalosha. I don't see how anybody can say the Heat had more talent than the Thunder, that is a lie!

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I disagree completely. Lebron is the greatest slasher of all time, first of all. Dude has one of the greatest Bball IQs of all time, his court vision, playmaking and passing are also elite. Dude has a great skill set. He's just not a consistent shooter and it's because he doesn't have the mindset for it. IDK of he can change that but I hope he works on it

MJ's court vision, playmaking & passing were also elite & he was head & shoulders above Lebron as a defender.

MJ is the GOAT in creating his own shot.

SexSymbol
03-18-2014, 02:56 PM
He's right a lot of times, his predictions come to life the most out of most analysts i've seen. And dude's a genius at psychology of players, the technical part of it is questionable, and obv. he has his biases. But Skip's pretty good in general, and knows a lot about the history of the game.

FreezingTsmoove
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
He's right a lot of times, his predictions come to life the most out of most analysts i've seen. And dude's a genius at psychology of players, the technical part of it is questionable, and obv. he has his biases. But Skip's pretty good in general, and knows a lot about the history of the game.

correctly predicted the Spurs to come out the west before the season started. Everyone laughed

SexSymbol
03-18-2014, 03:00 PM
correctly predicted the Spurs to come out the west before the season started. Everyone laughed
Man knows what he's talking about.
Certainly knows a lot more than Barkley/Broussard and other idiots of that caliber

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 03:03 PM
Man knows what he's talking about.
Certainly knows a lot more than Barkley/Broussard and other idiots of that caliber
For a guy who has either played or been around basketball pretty much his whole life and is one of the greatest players ever, it's shocking how dumb he can be at times.

SexSymbol
03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
For a guy who has either played or been around basketball pretty much his whole life and is one of the greatest players ever, it's shocking how dumb he can be at times.
Exactly.
How do you put a person who can't even speak properly on TV...

aburre21
03-18-2014, 03:12 PM
MJ's court vision, playmaking & passing were also elite & he was head & shoulders above Lebron as a defender.

MJ is the GOAT in creating his own shot.

that's an exaggeration. he's not that much better than Lebron as a defender

SexSymbol
03-18-2014, 03:15 PM
He is, MJ was a lockdown defender in his younger years. Later on he really did not put that much energy into it, so people who only saw his 97+ runs isn't really familiar with MJ's defensive prowess.

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 03:17 PM

DPOY, 3x steals leader

wally_world
03-18-2014, 03:18 PM

:biggums:

riseagainst
03-18-2014, 03:19 PM

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM

:oldlol:

How about post game, pure scoring & defense? Jordan also proved he could pass & rebound like Bran with his 32 ppg 8 rpg 8 apg season at 25 years old.

Prometheus
03-18-2014, 03:23 PM
That's the thing. His game is just more reliable than LeBron's.

LeBron hasn't developed a reliable jump shot, which just so happens to be the most important aspect of the game for a perimeter player.

90% FT shooter, lethal jumper, 7'4" wingspan, athleticism and finesse of a guard.... and the competitive winning attitude

He is a special kind of athlete. LeBron is cool, but KD is out of this world.

:facepalm KD is the softest dude. "I have no problem standing in the corner and letting Russ create if that's what makes everybody better."

As for the rest of this thread... LeBron is a legend in the making, but I would like to suggest that we LeBron fans of the world STOP trying to compare him to Michael. It is ridiculous and it makes us look bad as a fan base.

Jordan was better. It's okay.

And no, it wasn't just his jumper. MJ was a much better defender, comparable passer / equal playmaker, better at getting to the rim, better shooter, better ball-handler, made better decisions and was less turnover prone... He was just better. He was the best.

aburre21
03-18-2014, 03:25 PM
DPOY, 3x steals leader

Tony Allen averages 1.3 steals and 0.4 blocks per game for his career. Are you going to tell me that guy isn't one of the greatest man to man defenders you've ever seen? Really? Just in case you were wondering, LeBron averages 1.7spg and 0.8bpg. Tony Allen is a better man to man defender than LeBron. Stats don't tell the whole story. MJ was not that much of a better defender than Bron. Was he better, yes? But the separation isn't as great as you make it seem

SexSymbol
03-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Tony Allen averages 1.3 steals and 0.4 blocks per game for his career. Are you going to tell me that guy isn't one of the greatest man to man defenders you've ever seen? Really? Just in case you were wondering, LeBron averages 1.7spg and 0.8bpg. Tony Allen is a better man to man defender than LeBron. Stats don't tell the whole story. MJ was not that much of a better defender than Bron. Was he better, yes? But the separation isn't as great as you make it seem
Tony allen plays like 28 minutes a game, you can't seriously use him as an example

red1
03-18-2014, 03:43 PM
:facepalm KD is the softest dude. "I have no problem standing in the corner and letting Russ create if that's what makes everybody better."

As for the rest of this thread... LeBron is a legend in the making, but I would like to suggest that we LeBron fans of the world STOP trying to compare him to Michael. It is ridiculous and it makes us look bad as a fan base.

Jordan was better. It's okay.

And no, it wasn't just his jumper. MJ was a much better defender, comparable passer / equal playmaker, better at getting to the rim, better shooter, better ball-handler, made better decisions and was less turnover prone... He was just better. He was the best.
The main thing that makes him better is the jumper though. Specifically his ability to consistently create a good look for himself. We've all seen that bron can't hit a jumpshot to save his life if he has to create at the end of games but he is solid when spotting up. Meanwhile jordan is goat-tier at creating for himself which is a huge advantage

ballup
03-18-2014, 03:45 PM
It's a weird day when Skip Bayless makes a solid point.

aburre21
03-18-2014, 04:13 PM
The main thing that makes him better is the jumper though. Specifically his ability to consistently create a good look for himself. We've all seen that bron can't hit a jumpshot to save his life if he has to create at the end of games but he is solid when spotting up. Meanwhile jordan is goat-tier at creating for himself which is a huge advantage
lol durant gets a lot of open three and threes in transition. Idk how people leave him open but it happens :facepalm . I seen Durant pull up from about 30 off a screen and roll with Noah and Butler in his face. Dude is just a great shooter. It doesn't matter if he has a hand in his face, it's still going in!

Nash
03-18-2014, 04:28 PM
relying on your jumpshot is not exactly the type of game you want to have in tighter playoffs.

I think lebron's lack of jumpshot issues are overanalyzed. you always want your player to drive to the basketball constantly than shot jumpshots, especially with lebron's freight train abilities. i'd be more worried if lebron got a better jumpshot and starting shooting jumpshot if it meant taking away the amounts of drives he takes to the basket in the playoffs.

Keno
03-18-2014, 04:37 PM
who really cares if lebron's jumper is inconstant? as long as his jumper is on when the pressure is at the highest (game six @ boston) then i don't care.

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 05:15 PM
relying on your jumpshot is not exactly the type of game you want to have in tighter playoffs.

I think lebron's lack of jumpshot issues are overanalyzed. you always want your player to drive to the basketball constantly than shot jumpshots, especially with lebron's freight train abilities. i'd be more worried if lebron got a better jumpshot and starting shooting jumpshot if it meant taking away the amounts of drives he takes to the basket in the playoffs.
It's not overanalyzed at all. His lack of a reliable jumpshot has singlehandedly lost him a championship in 2011, and almost did it again last year. It's a big problem when your best player is sagged off of and dared to shoot in the playoffs. And it's even worse when it actually works for a huge chunk of a series. Yeah, he came up big time in games 6 and 7...but without Ray Allen's godly 3, they would've lost, and his poor shooting performances in games 1-3 would be the root cause of it.

ballup
03-18-2014, 06:12 PM

You know how commentators overstate "if the outside shot is not falling, attack the rim for easier points?" The same theory applies in reverse. To always be a constant threat on offense, you need to be able to adapt quickly to the defense, taking whatever they give you and punish them for doing that. Being capable of becoming dangerous with a jumper is a scary thing for a defense, always being dangerous with a jumper is makes guarding you a nightmare.

aburre21
03-19-2014, 01:29 PM
as I said...when LeBron has that jump shot going, I don't think there is a player in history better than him. Dude put up 25 in a quarter so effortlessly :lol

Marchesk
03-19-2014, 02:20 PM
as I said...when LeBron has that jump shot going, I don't think there is a player in history better than him. Dude put up 25 in a quarter so effortlessly :lol

MJ, Kareem, Wilt and Bill Russell are better.

Bless Mathews
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM

Get the f*ck outta here.
RetOardedest analogy of the year nominee. :facepalm

Bless Mathews
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM

Lol. Lol. Lol.

Take the heat team, replace Brons Brons jumper with kd's "reliability" and heat winning 4 , 5 straight. Smh.

J Shuttlesworth
03-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Lol. Lol. Lol.

Take the heat team, replace Brons Brons jumper with kd's "reliability" and heat winning 4 , 5 straight. Smh.
Take LeBron off the Heat and you no longer have a defensive minded team that relies on fast breaks for buckets. You also slow the momentum of the Heat down by getting KD on the line all the time instead of the fast break buckets Bron gets.

oarabbus
03-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Lol. Lol. Lol.

KD didn't even get to the WCF last year

Bless Mathews
03-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Take LeBron off the Heat and you no longer have a defensive minded team that relies on fast breaks for buckets. You also slow the momentum of the Heat down by getting KD on the line all the time instead of the fast break buckets Bron gets.
I didn't type to take bron bron off the team.

I typed take kd's reliability on jump shots and replace it with bron Brons.

Bron bron still on team. With kd's reliability on jumpers. Heat win 4,5 in a row.

The poast I quoted read that it's not good to rely on jumpers in playoffs. Defending bron bron and his lack of reliability on j's. Smh. It's comedy

Bless Mathews
03-19-2014, 04:43 PM

KD didn't even get to the WCF last year

Smh.

Re read my poast.

Take that heat team , and replace bron Brons reliability on jumper and replace with kd s reliability. Smh. Smh. Heat TEAM much much better than OKC TEAM in playoffs last year. Smh

Trollsmasher
03-19-2014, 05:27 PM
free throws

TheReal Kendall
03-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Seriously though if Bron's jumper was more consistent and his mental was strong then he would definitely be the GOAT.

He has all the tools but his jumper and lack of confidence is holding him back.

Both players are great though.

Boarder Patrol
03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Watching Bron/KD only fans argue with each other is so cute. It's like they're pretending to know basketball :roll:

davehos
03-19-2014, 06:13 PM
When the ball goes through the bucket a team scores. Also, water is wet.

FreezingTsmoove
03-19-2014, 06:47 PM
lets just overlook the fact that Lebron is 3-0 in series against the Bulls

Bless Mathews
03-19-2014, 06:51 PM
When the ball goes through the bucket a team scores. Also, water is wet.
Nah.

Kd's jumper is wet.

Kingwillball
03-19-2014, 07:48 PM
KD is a better shooter plus always has natural height advantage makes life Easier. Plus KD gets the favor of the touch call a lot more often. Lebron is a strange cat he can go from on fire and confident to ice cold and tentative quicker than I have ever seen from a superstar. Lebron cannot rely on his drive game like he used to being heavier slower of foot plus not wanting to use his energy up as much.