PDA

View Full Version : Melo Will Choose Between Bulls and Rockets If He Leaves Knicks

eliteballer
03-18-2014, 08:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-jackson-takes-charge-of-the-knicks--james-dolan-takes-his-cue-to-get-lost-230358424.html

JohnFreeman
03-18-2014, 08:37 PM
He is staying with the Knicks

LoneyROY7
03-18-2014, 08:39 PM
He's staying in New York...Houston would not be a good move for Melo, if not NY the only other viable option is Chicago.

Black and White
03-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Bulls are the best option of the two, but I think he will stay with the Knicks

IncarceratedBob
03-18-2014, 08:42 PM
So the greatest basketball mind in history joins the Knicks and their franchise player decides to leave? Yeah, right.

nightprowler10
03-18-2014, 08:43 PM
I think he'd be stupid to stay with the Knicks but I believe that is what he'll decide as well.

YouGotServed
03-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Houston is the smart choice.

HylianNightmare
03-18-2014, 08:53 PM
i'd just like to see him leave the knicks

STATUTORY
03-18-2014, 08:55 PM
couldnt imagine rockets getting more unlikeable until i heard this news

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-18-2014, 09:00 PM
might as well go to houston. no state income tax and they'll be stacked. personally, i'd go2 chicago.

Grey Dawn
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Which team will he infect with his Iverson-poison?

BrooklynZoo
03-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Melo and Harden?

They actually remind me of eachother (ball dominant, high-volume scorers, who don't do too much else, including defense). Who the heck would pass?

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Melo and Harden?

They actually remind me of eachother (ball dominant, high-volume scorers, who don't do too much else, including defense). Who the heck would pass?
melo would have to make the most adjustments.

Eric Cartman
03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Melo is too dumb to leave the Knicks.

Le Shaqtus
03-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Rockets would be a terrible destination.

If he joins the Bulls Thibs will drill the defensive mindset into him (Thibs don't take shit from no one)Chicago gets that offensive spark they've been needing for years. For arguments sake if they get Rose back and he plays at a decent level they're a contender.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Rockets would be a terrible destination.

If he joins the Bulls Thibs will drill the defensive mindset into him (Thibs don't take shit from no one)Chicago gets that offensive spark they've been needing for years. For arguments sake if they get Rose back and he plays at a decent level they're a contender.
if they get melo, they should trade rose for a sure thing.

IncarceratedBob
03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Rose has no trade value, the Bulls could probably get Amare Stoudemire and Shumpert for him

Lateralus
03-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Houston waiting for dat Durant or Lebron siging :rockon: :rockon:

....:cry:

Bigsmoke
03-18-2014, 10:59 PM
The Rockets do not need Melo. They are a great offensive team with me defense... So a great offensive player with meh defense is the solution?

Bigsmoke
03-18-2014, 11:03 PM

Melo is getting up there in age. I would be more excited if this was 5 years ago

CHi1PriDe
03-18-2014, 11:19 PM
He'll never get past the 1st round playoffs if he stays with the Knicks. The Knicks will be over the cap with or without melo next year thanks to the big 3 of chandler, stat and barg. And plus, they don't have any draft picks :facepalm

Patrick Chewing
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Houston waiting for dat Durant or Lebron siging :rockon: :rockon:

....:cry:

Doesn't Houston have to wait 3 more years for Durant?? LOL not happening.

Send us Lin, Asik, Jones, and 2014 first for Melo, Felton

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 11:54 PM

Felton and Harden...what do you think Morey is trying to do? Build the fattest, smelliest backcourt in the NBA?

UK2K
03-18-2014, 11:59 PM

You'll be happy with Lin, Asik, Jones, and the 2015 1st.

Lin and Asik expire next season, as does Amare, and I think Bargs. A clean slate with plenty of cap space, and Houston and Knicks first round pick? Just what the Zen master ordered.

outbreak
03-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Rose has no trade value, the Bulls could probably get Amare Stoudemire and Shumpert for him
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/funny.gif

Straight_Ballin
03-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Melo and Harden?

Pass? how you gonna double howard, melo, and Harding with only 5 players?

RightToCensor
03-19-2014, 12:22 AM
Beverley
Harden/Wiggins
Durant/Parsons
Melo/Jones
Howard

6-Peat?

Seems possible to me

ABfor3
03-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Meh, I don't think it'll be a good fit because both Harden and Melo are ball dominant and not good defenders like everybody said...I rather wait to make a run for Durant..that chemistry Harden & Durant have will make them deadly

Upgrayedd
03-19-2014, 03:35 AM
I still say he would best stupid to stay with the Knicks or go to another team instead of Chicago.

If Rose stays healthy, he'd be playing with Rose, Noah, Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler. He'd be playing for one of the best coaches in the league. Chicago could possibly win a championship next season if he were to sign with them.

Why would he want to go through an entire rebuilding phase in New York? Or go to another team that doesn't really have a chance at winning?

Also, why wouldn't New York want to completely rebuild and get rid of everyone on the current roster? Phil should build his team his own way.

Chicago would be the best fit for Melo.

C: Noah
PF: Taj
SF: Melo
SG: Butler
PG: Rose

:bowdown:

Upgrayedd
03-19-2014, 03:38 AM

No. Take another chance with Rose. These were two separate injuries on two separate knees. He looked as explosive as ever when he played preseason and in the regular games this season. I have no doubt he can come back and be as good as before. But with Melo and Noah, he won't have to carry the whole team by himself anymore and won't have to do as much. Melo, Noah and Rose is an awesome "big 3".

Crafty
03-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Beverley
Harden
Melo
Someone
Howard

Lin and Parsons of the bench? Damn

niko
03-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Neither team has cap space so your scenarios of what the team would look like with Melo are all wrong. Chicago would need to jettison Taj, possibly Mirotic, maybe their picks (not in trades, just to be under cap). Houston same, bye Lin, Asik, Parsons. Just because Wojo is salty for some reason and is floating a Houston scenario doesn't make cap space appear magically.

BlazerRed
03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
I think he'd be stupid to stay with the Knicks but I believe that is what he'll decide as well.
This.

Jlamb47
03-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Beverley
Harden
Melo
Someone
Howard

Lin and Parsons of the bench? Damn
If Melo went to the Rockets i think he would play stretch 4

Beverly
Harden
Parsons
Melo
Howard

Thats a very good shooting team
defense is ehhh depending on howard impact

Jlamb47
03-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Best place would be bulls for him

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gibson
Noah

He could slack on defense like he already does and focus on the offense
that team would be pretty nasty

Rocketswin2013
03-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Melo and Harden?

Harden has a SG high, 6 APG. Cluster****.

SCREWstonRockets
03-19-2014, 12:04 PM

I'd do that, but replace Felton w/ Shump. Do NOT want Felton :lol

Rocketswin2013
03-19-2014, 12:16 PM
The Bulls would be a easier fit and and it would work more smoothly, but the ceiling isn't that high on the idea. The Rockets would be tougher to work but the ceiling on it is through the roof.

niko
03-19-2014, 12:44 PM
I'd do that, but replace Felton w/ Shump. Do NOT want Felton :lol
We're not sending you Melo, much less Melo & Shump. Renounce all your players then beg him to come on a discount if you want him.

SCREWstonRockets
03-19-2014, 01:21 PM
We're not sending you Melo, much less Melo & Shump. Renounce all your players then beg him to come on a discount if you want him.
nah

niko
03-19-2014, 02:12 PM
nah
Then you can't get him. You have a bargain basement version of him anyway, why would you want two?

eliteballer
03-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I think the Rockets would be the better choice just because you don't know what kind of player Rose will be going forward, or if he will maintain his health.

smoovegittar
03-19-2014, 03:20 PM
On and on. Don't you have anything else? Melo ain't going anywheres. Dream on...:facepalm

Rocketswin2013
03-19-2014, 03:23 PM
On and on. Don't you have anything else? Melo ain't going anywheres. Dream on...:facepalm
Melo would literally be stupid to stay in NY. Not that I want him badly, I'm very happy without him, but to think he won't leave is kind of delusional.

Milbuck
03-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Why would Melo go to Houston? To play with Dwight + scrubs?

smoovegittar
03-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Melo would literally be stupid to stay in NY. Not that I want him badly, I'm very happy without him, but to think he won't leave is kind of delusional.
To think that he'd go back to playing with Lin is delusional. What makes you consider he'd leave now that there's a winning leader with the highest accolades who's gonna get everything sorted out? He came to this town for less than that... not to mention the money, if you wanna go down that road.

This "Melo going here... Melo going there..." is like beating a dead horse. It shows a lack of creativity. I'd rather read posts on playoff speculations between teams. We all know the Knicks suck this year - can it really be bothering so many that they will suck less as time goes on? Whatever. This Knick fan has a lot to look forward to.

eliteballer
03-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Why would Melo go to Houston? To play with Dwight + scrubs?

When Miami breaks up/declines(which it's already showing signs of) what team will be able to say they have 3 stars?

(e)
03-21-2014, 05:26 PM
Might be a homer opinion, but Chicago would be the best place for him to try to win a ring. Thibs, Noah, Taj and Butler give him the best defensive foundation he's ever been apart of, plus add in an X factor with Rose.

Rockets would be interesting, but would need more cap shedding moves that the Bulls to make it happen.

Bulls would have to amnesty Boozer, likely dump Dunleavy, and get rid of at least one of their draft picks to sign Melo.

But I don't see Phil letting Melo just walk. He's either staying in NY, or a sign and trade to Chicago/Houston.

coolhandsteve
03-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I get a feeling if the Knicks keep winning like they are that it'll convince Melo to come back. But like many have said, it really shouldn't. Melo's gonna be 30, it aint like he's 24. He's in his prime but how much BETTER is he gonna get?

So go to the place that's gonna give you a chance to shine doing what you do best (scoring) and give you help on both ends of the floor. And of these 3, IMO that team is clearly the Bulls.

Don't think Houston is a great option, I don't like the Harden/Melo combo with Dwight if they're going for a championship. And I don't think the Rockets should really look into that so much. Personally I think they should go for Rondo again.