PDA

View Full Version : Serious discussion for LBJ stans...

Rondo
03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Bosh won that game in the 4th for Miami. If LeBron is the GOAT why does he refer to his teammates more often than not when games are tight?

Cleveland are bad. Really bad. Could you see MJ passing the buck in a tight game in the 4th quarter? You're all riding him because he made clutch FT's to seal the game at the end. You don't get it. The best player in the world (he is, by far) should not be needing to step up with 15 seconds and hit both FT's to seal the game, especially against crap like the Cavs. The best player in the world should be taking over that game long before that point and burying Cleveland.

He has great talent but the mindset that accompanies it is broken.

How many points did he have in the 1st? How many did he have in the 4th? He goes from an aggressive beast to a passive pu$$y far too often.

IncarceratedBob
03-18-2014, 09:44 PM
LeBron had control of the game throughout. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't watched any of the other all time greats play. LeBron knows when to score, when to let his teammates do the damage, when to pass and when to shoot. He is a puppet master and the league is his puppet.

LeBron wanted Bosh to get his confidence up so he set CB up for a great game tonight. LeBron could have probably scored 70+ and shattered the single game 3pt record but what good does that do? He doesn't have to prove himself to anyone. Whenever Wade/Bosh or any Heat teammate does well it's because LeBron not only wanted it to happen but because LeBron made it happen.

This is a key difference between LeBron and other players like Kobe/Wilt who were always selfish and cared only about their gaudy stats.

red1
03-18-2014, 09:45 PM
When magic johnson played did people criticize him every game for not shooting more jumpshots?

BlazerRed
03-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I believe you mean "defer".

rlsmooth775
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Bosh won that game in the 4th for Miami. If LeBron is the GOAT why does he refer to his teammates more often than not when games are tight?

Cleveland are bad. Really bad. Could you see MJ passing the buck in a tight game in the 4th quarter? You're all riding him because he made clutch FT's to seal the game at the end. You don't get it. The best player in the world (he is, by far) should not be needing to step up with 15 seconds and hit both FT's to seal the game, especially against crap like the Cavs. The best player in the world should be taking over that game long before that point and burying Cleveland.

How many points did he have in the 1st? How many did he have in the 4th? He goes from an aggressive beast to a passive pu$$y far too often.

come on man

ImKobe
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
LeBron had control of the game throughout. Anyone who tells you otherwise hasn't watched any of the other all time greats play. LeBron knows when to score, when to let his teammates do the damage, when to pass and when to shoot. He is a puppet master and the league is his puppet.

LeBron wanted Bosh to get his confidence up so he set CB up for a great game tonight. LeBron could have probably scored 70+ and shattered the single game 3pt record but what good does that do? He doesn't have to prove himself to anyone. Whenever Wade/Bosh or any Heat teammate does well it's because LeBron not only wanted it to happen but because LeBron made it happen.

This is a key difference between LeBron and other players like Kobe/Wilt who were always selfish and cared only about their gaudy stats.

:biggums:

http://lundberg.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

Milbuck
03-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Everyone with a brain knows that Lebron could score 85+ on 6 shots if he wanted to.

He just wanted to keep the game close, AND give his teammates a boost of confidence. Keeps games exciting and fans engaged, increasing revenue.

Of all the "faces of the NBA" in NBA history, he's without a doubt the most financially aware.

moe94
Stopped at refer.

IncarceratedBob

http://lundberg.me/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg
Ever heard of an ironic tee?

truhooper
03-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Heat won
1 star thread

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-18-2014, 09:52 PM
People need to stop comparing him to MJ / thinking he has potential to be "GOAT". Once that is established, you can actually appreciate his greatness.

tmacattack33
03-18-2014, 09:52 PM

I didn't even see most of the fourth quarter, but if the team wins, which Miami did, then you have no argument.

Because at that point you are arguing that he should have done something different than what got his team a W, which is just wrong.

And anyway, from the 5 min mark of the 4th and onward, he was drawing two defenders and dishing...leading to open shots and baskets for his teammates.

Rondo
03-18-2014, 09:54 PM

Are you serious? LeBron has control of the game? He put them in control of the game early on then sat back and done nothing. He's too good to be sitting back and watching the Cavs stay in the game until the final seconds.

He's great at distributing but clearly there's a time and place for it and the 4th quarter ain't it. He should be in beast mode. He's unstoppable when he is. Why intentionally sit back on the periphery of the game in the 4th quarter when it's a one possession game?

DaSeba5
03-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Basketball is a team sport. LeBron did the right thing. Why does he need to keep scoring for them when the whole offense can get into a rhythm? The game was won through defense, rebounding, and clutch FTs. I just can't stand stans and haters who only focus on one individual player in a game. Like Haslem came in and made a big difference for 9 minutes, but let's talk about LeBron more like he only scored 10 points in the game.

Rondo
03-18-2014, 09:57 PM
I believe you mean "defer".

Stopped at refer.

So instead of debating the point at hand you want to be snide over a typo? That's possibly one of the most insecure things (as a fan) you can do. Defend your guy ffs :roll:

Warfan
03-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Regular season
They won
Regular season
He's not the GOAT why compare lbj to him

1 starred

Basketball is a team sport. LeBron did the right thing. Why does he need to keep scoring for them when the whole offense can get into a rhythm? The game was won through defense, rebounding, and clutch FTs. I just can't stand stans and haters who only focus on one individual player in a game. Like Haslem came in and made a big difference for 9 minutes, but let's talk about LeBron more like he only scored 10 points in the game.

:applause:

Rondo
03-18-2014, 09:59 PM

Point is though, Haslem came in and made a big contribution to the team and won't get any credit (you know this and I know this). The talk will be on LeBron's dominance in the 1st quarter and his FT's at the end of the 4th quarter. My question is, why can't someone so gifted and so far ahead of his peers - and someone who had earlier put up 25 points in 1 quarter - not put the game out of sight in the 4th? He should be on the bench in garbage time, don't you agree?

DaSeba5
03-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Point is though, Haslem came in and made a big contribution to the team and won't get any credit (you know this and I know this). The talk will be on LeBron's dominance in the 1st quarter and his FT's at the end of the 4th quarter. My question is, why can't someone so gifted and so far ahead of his peers - and someone who had earlier put up 25 points in 1 quarter - not put the game out of sight in the 4th? He should be on the bench in garbage time, don't you agree?

His impact is felt even if he's not scoring. If other plays are making shots, why would he decide to play hero ball and take the offense out of a rhythm? What if he decided to play hero ball and shot 1/7 or something? You would crucify him for that.

Rondo
03-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Regular season
They won
Regular season
He's not the GOAT why compare lbj to him

1 starred

I genuinely have no idea what your point is? Yeah, they won. My point is that a player so unbelievably gifted and a player who'd previously put up 25 points in the 1st quarter should be doing far more in the fourth than having to hit two FT's just to seal the game.

Trollsmasher
03-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Remember that time when Paxson made the championship winning shot while MJ was barely over the half court line, trying to stay as far away from the ball as possible?

That was a great team work and the Bulls won the game:applause:

Rondo
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
His impact is felt even if he's not scoring. If other plays are making shots, why would he decide to play hero ball and take the offense out of a rhythm? What if he decided to play hero ball and shot 1/7 or something? You would crucify him for that.

There's a difference between trying to play "hero ball" and taking over the game, IMO. I would crucify him if he was throwing up terrible shots. If he was attacking and taking smart shots (he usually does and I see no reason why he wouldn't have continued to) then there's no case to answer for him.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 10:05 PM
haslem would get the credit he deserves for playing good as a role player with more minutes in some games. that is all the credit he should get. Bosh gets the credit he deserves when people call him the second best player on heat or at least equal to wade. Lebron was the number 1 reason miami won that game. You might not agree with that but it is the truth. Lebron was better than anyone in that game and he would still get blasted for not scoring 60 by a lot of people.
So unless ESPN starts making full articles or first take discussions about bosh not having good playoffs like they do when lebron is not playing well, you have no reason to bitch about bosh or anyone else not getting enough credit.
Lebron gets the irrational hate so why should he not get irrational love from his fans.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 10:06 PM
I genuinely have no idea what your point is? Yeah, they won. My point is that a player so unbelievably gifted and a player who'd previously put up 25 points in the 1st quarter should be doing far more in the fourth than having to hit two FT's just to seal the game.
why didn't chris bosh play in first 3 quarters like he played in fourth? Game would be over and team would be well rested for back to back games.

Rondo
03-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Remember that time when Paxson made the championship winning shot while MJ was barely over the half court line, trying to stay as far away from the ball as possible?

Barely over half court? Lies. Trying to stay away from the ball? Lies. Sometimes it's often necessary and smart that an inferior player takes the big shot because he'll get a much better look. Not that you'd understand anything about high IQ basketball.

Using similar logic. Remember that time LeBron bricked a shot in the finals and Allen saved him?

LeGOAT
03-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Lebron has had more than his fair share of big 4th quarters buddy. Is Magic Johnson not a GOAT because he "deferred" to teammates

Rondo
03-18-2014, 10:11 PM
haslem would get the credit he deserves for playing good as a role player with more minutes in some games. that is all the credit he should get. Bosh gets the credit he deserves when people call him the second best player on heat or at least equal to wade. Lebron was the number 1 reason miami won that game. You might not agree with that but it is the truth. Lebron was better than anyone in that game and he would still get blasted for not scoring 60 by a lot of people.
So unless ESPN starts making full articles or first take discussions about bosh not having good playoffs like they do when lebron is not playing well, you have no reason to bitch about bosh or anyone else not getting enough credit.
Lebron gets the irrational hate so why should he not get irrational love from his fans.

I agree with it 100%. My point is he should have games like that sealed and be sitting on the bench long before the 15 second mark.

Rondo
03-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Lebron has had more than his fair share of big 4th quarters buddy. Is Magic Johnson not a GOAT because he "deferred" to teammates

I didn't say LeBron's not one of the greatest. I said he's not the greatest. I've seen so many stans say he is. Hell, even earlier Marlo was saying if LeBron's jumper is falling he's the GOAT and it ain't close...

LeBron's definitely top 10. Anyone who denies his greatness is deluded.

Rose'sACL
03-18-2014, 10:13 PM
I agree with it 100%. My point is he should have games like that sealed and be sitting on the bench long before the 15 second mark.
i am sure he knows that and will not anyone else touch the ball so that 5 defenders can stand around him knowing that a poster named Rondo has forced him into not trusting his teammates who are paid millions to play basketball.
Magic and bird were such shit players.

I didn't say LeBron's not one of the greatest. I said he's not the greatest. I've seen so many stans say he is. Hell, even earlier Marlo was saying if LeBron's jumper is falling he's the GOAT and it ain't close...

Then go talk to marlo then. stop shitposting like him.

LeGOAT
03-18-2014, 10:16 PM

Lebron doesn't have to play like Jordan to be as good or better than him, and you are judging on unfinished book. He's only 29 so we will where he ends up all time

Rondo
03-18-2014, 10:16 PM
i am sure he knows that and will not anyone else touch the ball so that 5 defenders can stand around him knowing that a poster named Rondo has forced him into not trusting his teammates who are paid millions to play basketball.
Magic and bird were such shit players.

Then go talk to marlo then. stop shitposting like him.

:facepalm

Your points are all over the place. I'm not saying he should hog the ball and have 5 defenders standing around him. I'm saying he should be doing more in crunch time. He's good enough to score 25 in the 1st yet he doesn't play anywhere near as aggressive in the 4th when it's a neck and neck game?

Warfan
03-18-2014, 10:25 PM

My point is that judging what he did in a meaningless regular season is, well meaningless. When he's hot he tends to takes his foot off the pedal and tries to create for his teammates, and the offense was running well for the most part. Then there were times when the guards couldn't get him the ball properly and were trying to do too much themselves, and this wouldn't be an issue if wade was playing. I agree in a sense that he should've been a bit more aggressive in the 2nd half but he was adjusting to the defense. If he plays passive and doesn't look for his shot in the playoffs then I think the criticisms are valid.

nzahir
03-18-2014, 10:34 PM
When magic johnson played did people criticize him every game for not shooting more jumpshots?
:bowdown:

Keno
03-18-2014, 10:38 PM
kobe stans just think basketball is all about points. there's more to basketball than just scoring buckets, lebron contributed in the fourth in other parts of the game.

kNicKz
03-18-2014, 10:40 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kobe-laugh.gif

ballin33
03-18-2014, 10:43 PM
LeBron is smart he's saving his energy for the playoffs. Plus if you have a Chris Bosh as a second/third option might as well use him. People have crazy expectations for Bron, but the fact is he's a 27ppg scorer with elite efficiency, elite passing, and elite defense. What more do they want from the guy?

aj1987
03-18-2014, 10:46 PM
LeBron is smart he's saving his energy for the playoffs. Plus if you have a Chris Bosh as a second/third option might as well use him. People have crazy expectations for Bron, but the fact is he's a 27ppg scorer with elite efficiency, elite passing, and elite defense. What more do they want from the guy?
50 points a game on 75/60/100 with 15 rebounds and 10 assists. He should also hold his opponents to 0 points every game, even if he's not guarding them.

pauk
03-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Well if you want to look at it that way, if Lebron didnt hit all those FTs with some seconds to go and didnt block Waiters & Hawes shots those two 3pt shot's by Jack & those baskets by Waiters/Hawes would have won the game pretty easily..... both were great contributors in the 4th... Bosh helped with those shots and then Lebron sealed the deal... damn man, get over it...

BlazerRed
03-18-2014, 10:57 PM
So instead of debating the point at hand you want to be snide over a typo? That's possibly one of the most insecure things (as a fan) you can do. Defend your guy ffs :roll:
I don't like Leflop at all, I just despise stupidity..

zoom17
03-18-2014, 10:59 PM

Rondo
03-18-2014, 11:22 PM
I don't like Leflop at all, I just despise stupidity..

Yet you enter into stupid trolling sessions constantly? Good one.

There's a difference between a typo and stupidity. You'll see stupidity next time kingwillball posts.

BlazerRed
03-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Yet you enter into stupid trolling sessions constantly? Good one.

There's a difference between a typo and stupidity. You'll see stupidity next time kingwillball posts.
This I can agree with :cheers:

Fudge
03-19-2014, 01:20 AM
I've been sayin, Bosh is the most valuable playa on da Heats.

sportjames23
03-19-2014, 01:24 AM

Remember that time when MJ kept the Bulls in that game, as he was the ONLY Bulls player to score in the 4th quarter of that game until Pax hit that shot?

Oh, you left that part out?

Muhfvcka, don't even try that shit on MJ fans. We remember how shit went down, so you can't leave out facts.

Here's the game, so ya'll can check for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smJt02YSA9Q

J Shuttlesworth
03-19-2014, 01:31 AM
Bosh was on fire in the 4th. You have to understand the Heat's play style too. They'll always feed the hot hand. Plus, Bron had 6/6 clutch free throws and a solid block late in the 4th. Cavaliers were doubling or tripling him every time so he'd find the open man and they'd get an open bucket whether or not he got the assist.

Fire Colangelo
03-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Remember that time when MJ kept the Bulls in that game, as he was the ONLY Bulls player to score in the 4th quarter of that game until Pax hit that shot?

Oh, you left that part out?

Muhfvcka, don't even try that shit on MJ fans. We remember how shit went down, so you can't leave out facts.

Here's the game, so ya'll can check for yourselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smJt02YSA9Q

Reminds me of Game 6 vs the Spurs. LeBron was single handly bringing the Heat back until Ray Allen hit the shot to send it to overtime.

Idk, yall gota make up your minds. If LeBron got bailed out by Allen, then Kobe got bailed out by LeBron, and Jordan got bailed out by Pax.

Quizno
03-19-2014, 03:19 AM
doesn't matter, they won the game. can't say anything to a winner. and right now, lebron's a winner. been winning for the past 2 years

lemme repeat...there is nothing you can say to a winner

sportjames23
03-19-2014, 03:35 AM
Reminds me of Game 6 vs the Spurs. LeBron was single handly bringing the Heat back until Ray Allen hit the shot to send it to overtime.

Idk, yall gota make up your minds. If LeBron got bailed out by Allen, then Kobe got bailed out by LeBron, and Jordan got bailed out by Pax.

Lebron FINALLY stepped up after 5 shitty games, whereas MJ BEASTED the entire series against Phoenix. Big difference, my nigguh.

Bron and his stans, summed up with this gif:

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Church_398700_345513.gif

Church of Bronze and Latter Day Saints right here.

eurobum
03-19-2014, 06:03 AM

MJ scored the 12 points leading up to that, as I recall correctly, the only points beyond that Paxon 3 (low scoring 4th quarter) for the Bulls.

ILLsmak
03-19-2014, 06:25 AM

this picture always makes me laugh cuz in the zoomed one it looks like he's on a cross haha....

-Smak