PDA

View Full Version : Why did Bobcats pick Zeller at #4

Aidz
03-20-2014, 06:08 PM
I know it's MJ but what were they thinking?
Bennett is a bust but at least he's black/showed some flashes during college + summer camp.
Zeller is a tall, stiff white dude that NEVER looked good, and so far he's lived up to his zero hype.
Remember, Bobcats fans' reaction when they picked him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sqoxXAr7Y

I know it was a weak draft but come on. Why not take a chance of Nerlens Noel or any other scrub?

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
I remember somewhere in december of 2012, nbadraft.net had him going #1. His comparison was LaMarcus Aldridge (lmao)

They just saw something special in him, thats why they selected him. Bobcats are terrible drafters. Their best pick ever was easily Kemba Walker. MKG is a complete bust. Ugly jumper.

Why did Cavs select Bennett? Why tf did Wizards select Otto Porter? :confusedshrug: In my opinion those two are the biggest busts from the draft.

sammichoffate
03-20-2014, 06:15 PM
I remember somewhere in december of 2012, nbadraft.net had him going #1. His comparison was LaMarcus Aldridge (lmao)

They just saw something special in him, thats why they selected him. Bobcats are terrible drafters. Their best pick ever was easily Kemba Walker. MKG is a complete bust. Ugly jumper.

Why did Cavs select Bennett? Why tf did Wizards select Otto Porter? :confusedshrug: In my opinion those two are the biggest busts from the draft.Porter's not a bust yet he's playing behind Ariza, who's had a very good year

CelticBaller
03-20-2014, 06:15 PM

Why did Cavs select Bennett? Why tf did Wizards select Otto Porter? :confusedshrug: In my opinion those two are the biggest busts from the draft.
MKG is one of the top defenders in the nba and he is a bust? :facepalm

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Defense isn't everything. I mean it is important but MKG isn't a complete player. He has a terrible jumper and his free throws... good lord :facepalm

MKG this year: 7 ppg/5 rpg

CelticBaller
03-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Defense isn't everything. I mean it is important but MKG isn't a complete player. He has a terrible jumper and his free throws... good lord :facepalm
An Offense can be learned. A combination of defense and athleticism not so much

wakencdukest
03-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Bennett is a bust but at least he's black/showed some flashes during college + summer camp.
Zeller is a tall, stiff white dude that NEVER looked good, and so far he's lived up to his zero hype.

I know it was a weak draft but come on. Why not take a chance of Nerlens Noel or any other scrub?

What does being black have to do anything? There's plenty of black players who are useless m#therf*ckers.

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 06:22 PM
He's still got a chance to shed that bust label away. First, he needs to fix that ugly jumper. 2nd, he has to learn to make free throws. He's shooting 62% from the FT line this season

moe94
03-20-2014, 06:24 PM
but at least he's black

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2521.gif

CelticBaller
03-20-2014, 06:27 PM
He's still got a chance to shed that bust label away.
What bust label? He's a second year player who came in the league very raw.
No one expect him to be the next Scottie Pippen by now

god reminds of how people were calling Davis a bust last year :facepalm

Project018
03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah his comparison was LMA :facepalm ... in NBA workouts before the draft he got hyped for having the ability of stepping out and hit mid range jumpers something he was not allowed to do/show at Indiana. Plus he is a good athlete. I still have a little faith he can become a productive player. He just played scared/tensed/no confidence at the beginning of the season.

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 06:35 PM
What bust label? He's a second year player who came in the league very raw.
No one expect him to be the next Scottie Pippen by now

god reminds of how people were calling Davis a bust last year :facepalm
He's shooting 62% from the FT line. His jumper is one of the worst i've seen. Currently... he definitely looks like a bust.

Don't get me wrong, his defense is great but if he wants to get rid of that bust label he's got to improve that jumper. 7 points and 5 rpg. Yeah totally worthy of a 2nd pick.

Take a look at this shot chart. When you get there click the "Shot Zones" section http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/1376-Michael-Kidd-Gilchrist/season/2013-2014-REG

tomtucker
03-20-2014, 06:37 PM
still better then bennett

D-FENS
03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Watch, he'll be a long term starter maybe all-star. Boy has hops and skills. He just needs to get use to the physicality and to stop being so timid.

CelticBaller
03-20-2014, 06:47 PM
He's shooting 62% from the FT line. His jumper is one of the worst i've seen. Currently... he definitely looks like a bust.

Don't get me wrong, his defense is great but if he wants to get rid of that bust label he's got to improve that jumper. 7 points and 5 rpg. Yeah totally worthy of a 2nd pick.

Take a look at this shot chart. When you get there click the "Shot Zones" section http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/1376-Michael-Kidd-Gilchrist/season/2013-2014-REG
Chauncey Billups
Tracy Mcgrady
No one was calling these guys bust back in the day, look how long it took for even billups to develop, shit look at Evan Turner, people were calling him bust in his rookie year and look how good he turned out to be :no:

People nowadays throw the bust card all the time like it doesn't take time for a player to develop :facepalm

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Chauncey Billups
Tracy Mcgrady
No one was calling these guys bust back in the day, look how long it took for even billups to develop, shit look at Evan Turner, people were calling him bust in his rookie year and look how good he turned out to be :no:

People nowadays throw the bust card all the time like it doesn't take time for a player to develop :facepalm
I said currently he looks like a bust.

MKG still has a chance to be pretty good all-around. He's only 20

LoneyROY7
03-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Michael Jeffrey Jordan...the master talent evaluator at his finest. :lol

D-FENS
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Michael Jeffrey Jordan...the master talent evaluator at his finest. :lol

It's hard to judge tiers when you're better than everyone ever

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Literally the entire draft was full of bad players. There are so many. Besides the obvious one on Oladipo, there's nothing else. Hardaway is the best after him, and he's a chucker. Then there's Steven Adams. .............
The draft is so bad it has people speaking Dipo's name like he's killing it this year. Truth is, he has been just OK. In any other rookie class he'd be getting very little notice. Maybe even some criticism because he was the No. 2 overall pick and he certainly hasn't been great.

Btw, for being a "chucker," Hardaway has been much more efficient than Oladipo this year. He's a flat-out better scorer.

I will never understand the need for so many people to overrate Oladipo.

Sarcastic
03-20-2014, 07:00 PM

Not really.

G-train
03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
If Jordan didn't take him he was going in the next few picks.
Same with Morrison, and same with Kwame.

G-train
03-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Literally the entire draft was full of bad players. There are so many. Besides the obvious one on Oladipo, there's nothing else. Hardaway is the best after him, and he's a chucker. Then there's Steven Adams. .............

You haven't mentioned the guy who will win RoY.

G-train
03-20-2014, 07:09 PM
I actually think there is plenty of potential in the '13 draft.
People seem to forget how many of these guys are 19,20 and not 21,22.

Len and Noel are projects who will be great players.
Oladipo and and MCW are future all stars.
Porter we don't know yet, buried on bench on a team gunning for playoffs after being injured.
Bennett has shown flashes of stuff - he just turned 21 and his first season hasn't finished, while being a member of a dysfunctional organisation.
McClemore - future allstar, really nice player.
Burke and McCollum - 2 good young guards, who will be great players.
Adams and Olynyk are 2 decent young centres with potential.
GREEK FREAK. Enough said.
Then there is about another 5-10 solid role player types.

Sarcastic
03-20-2014, 07:14 PM

Porter we don't know yet, buried on bench on a team gunning for playoffs after being injured.
Bennett has shown flashes of stuff - he just turned 21 and his first season hasn't finished, while being a member of a dysfunctional organisation.

Wow, no mention of Hardaway?

raprap
03-20-2014, 07:14 PM

LOL now youre overrating the draft. Its a weak draft, everyone knew that. Lol at mclemore as a future allstar. :oldlol:

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 07:20 PM

Ben McLemore sucks brah

oarabbus
03-20-2014, 07:46 PM

MKG makes Tony Allen and Thabo look like OJ Mayo and Korver. It's terrible.

Let CZeller pack on some muscle and give him a few seasons, he can still be good.

Bernie Nips
03-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Zeller will definitely come good. His coach is playing him inconsistent minutes... 19 minutes one game, 4 the next. He can't get a flow going.

He just put up 10/6 with 2 blocks in 17 minutes.

G-train
03-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Wow, no mention of Hardaway?

Hardaway mentioned throughout thread, I was mentioning others

G-train
03-20-2014, 08:18 PM
McClemore is 21 year old freak talent.
I bet he is an allstar in his mid 20's.

I have been around longer than a few seasons, and have heard all this weak draft stuff before.

HylianNightmare
03-20-2014, 08:27 PM
i had forgotten that porter was even drafted, i couldn't believe they picked zeller, a few guys after made allot of sense for the cats

B-Easy8
03-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Everytime i've watched him he looks pretty good.

Smook A.
03-21-2014, 01:29 AM

I have been around longer than a few seasons, and have heard all this weak draft stuff before.
Lol, It's McLemore not McClemore

Milbuck
03-21-2014, 01:34 AM

McLemore sucks ass.

senelcoolidge
03-21-2014, 05:34 AM

:oldlol: MKG is not one of the top defenders. he's so overrated even as a defender. He's a bust so far..but it's only year 2.

shallehalle
03-21-2014, 05:56 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

HylianNightmare
03-21-2014, 06:06 AM
The draft is so bad it has people speaking Dipo's name like he's killing it this year. Truth is, he has been just OK. In any other rookie class he'd be getting very little notice. Maybe even some criticism because he was the No. 2 overall pick and he certainly hasn't been great.

Btw, for being a "chucker," Hardaway has been much more efficient than Oladipo this year. He's a flat-out better scorer.

I will never understand the need for so many people to overrate Oladipo.

i agree with dipo getting overrated, he has struggled allot, it seems like everytime he gets 17ish points i check his fga and it's like 5/14:biggums: very high turnover ratio and hasn't blown me away with athleticism either:confusedshrug:

dreaming121
03-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Zeller was trash during the first few months. Lately, he's looking like a legit top 10 lottery material(Which isn't much as this years draft isn't very good) and not to mention he has a lot of athleticism. He can run fast and beat most bigs off the dribble. His problem is that he's too skinny and kept being pushed around by bigger centers, he needs to bulk up more. He also tends to rush his shots; making him miss more. I think that's because during his first few months he's been blocked a lot.

absalom
03-21-2014, 06:35 AM

He is not a stiff :no:

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/20140321/5004269/zeller1-o.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/20140321/5004277/zeller3-o.gif

How many legit 7 footers could do a steal+dunk? Timmy D, Gasol. Javale Mcgee could not properly dribble on a fast break.

MKG is a complete bust. Ugly jumper.

I said currently he looks like a bust.

MKG still has a chance to be pretty good all-around. He's only 20

Which is which? Give the guy a chance, Even Jermaine O Neal did not break out till age 22.

He's still got a chance to shed that bust label away. First, he needs to fix that ugly jumper. 2nd, he has to learn to make free throws. He's shooting 62% from the FT line this season

That exactly sounds like Tyson Chandler, good defender yet he is not a bust.

MKG's worst case scenario could be Stacey Augmon, good defender, good team player but does not have any shooting range.

As for his jumpshoot this is a good read.

[QUOTE]Price adjusted Kidd-Gilchrist

absalom
03-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Zeller was trash during the first few months. Lately, he's looking like a legit top 10 lottery material(Which isn't much as this years draft isn't very good) and not to mention he has a lot of athleticism. He can run fast and beat most bigs off the dribble. His problem is that he's too skinny and kept being pushed around by bigger centers, he needs to bulk up more. He also tends to rush his shots; making him miss more. I think that's because during his first few months he's been blocked a lot.

Zeller is trash during the 1st half of the season, always fall on the floor even with the slightest contact. But as the season progresses, he definitely passes the eye test (at least)

DukeDelonte13
03-21-2014, 07:51 AM
His big bro Tyler took a big step from his rookie year to his sophomore season, and that guys was a 4 year college player, and much less athletic and not as strong as cody.

Cody will turn out to be a good player and when all is said and done he will turn out to be one of the better players of this past draft.

Big men take longer to develop. He'll be a good player.

Bennett and Porter haven't really played much, both will probably be ok to decent players.
Dipo is solid.
Len will probably have an injury riddled career.
Noel is a big question mark.
BenMac will be fine.
KCP will be fine.

andremiller07
03-21-2014, 07:53 AM

The only thing that's freakish about Ben Mclemore is his high motor other than that he's been complete shit this year and appears to be mentally soft. If he can get some sort of confidents in himself he will be a good role player. I don't see him as a All-Star if the likes of Klay Thompson/Bradley Beal are not even close to it who had similar games coming into the L and are now better players.