PDA

View Full Version : The Game wont be the Same

HOoopCityJones
03-20-2014, 08:35 PM
When Duncan and Kobe hang em up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1999516-kobe-bryant-and-tim-duncan-chase-the-same-nba-greatness-in-very-different-ways

:cry:

Railgun
03-20-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm just glad we have a player that is already a much better player than Kobe (not that Kobe is some top 10 player or anything, but give him his dues.) Lebron is the future of the NBA and Durant is after that.

Legends66NBA7
03-20-2014, 09:03 PM
I feel old, man. I watched both their entire careers unfold before me and it's like it happened so fast.

I've always felt that both were each others best rival, maybe even more so Duncan vs Shaq. And I agree with how they chase greatness with 2 different stances. It worked out for both.

Nice piece on Hakeem, Malone, and Miller too.

navy
03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
Kobe is already done...

outbreak
03-20-2014, 09:06 PM
while it's always sad when a great player declines we still have lebron, durant, davis and potentially another great from this draft class if at least one of the hyped up guys pans out.

ABfor3
03-20-2014, 09:07 PM
The game won't be the same because they're about to start using WNBA jerseys

TheReal Kendall
03-20-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm just glad we have a player that is already a much better player than Kobe (not that Kobe is some top 10 player or anything, but give him his dues.) Lebron is the future of the NBA and Durant is after that.

Bro you have turned into a full blown troll

zoom17
03-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Going to miss Duncan when he retires great guy on and off the Court.

BuffaloBill
03-20-2014, 10:19 PM
duncan is just getting started. he gonna be in a uncle drew commercial without makeup

SamuraiSWISH
03-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Good point.

It was worse when MJ left. You had the '99 lockout, not a lot of young stars. Penny, and Hill the guys next in line for the torch both were injured shortly afterwards.

Iverson was the biggest draw but not the best player. Plus he was sort of a counter culture guy.

Kobe didn't become a superstar until 4 years later, and for a long period of time wasn't well liked because of his creepy MJ impersonation.

You have LeBron at the peak of his abilities now, with Durant ready to hit his peak in the next few seasons as well. The transition is much easier.

Pointguard
03-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Duncan's an all time Great but a serious bore. I, for one, don't miss boring things. The game is hurting without big men who play big but Anthony Davis and Embiid seem a bit more exciting, more dynamic and should be big time producers. Embiid has some great habits and is very fundamental as well. Kobe is another all time great with the excitement quotient, but Durant is the new pure scorer. Durant is like a new age scorer. The game might not be the same but I don't know about them being missed.

T_L_P
03-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Duncan's an all time Great but a serious bore. I, for one, don't miss boring things. The game is hurting without big men who play big but Anthony Davis and Embiid seem a bit more exciting, more dynamic and should be big time producers. Embiid has some great habits and is very fundamental as well. Kobe is another all time great with the excitement quotient, but Durant is the new pure scorer. Durant is like a new age scorer. The game might not be the same but I don't know about them being missed.

Even still...it's rare (and refreshing) to see such a classy, humble superstar.

Pointguard
03-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Even still...it's rare (and refreshing) to see such a classy, humble superstar.
Agreed

SamuraiSWISH
03-21-2014, 02:00 AM
Duncan's an all time great but a serious bore. I, for one, don't miss boring things.
Agreed

davehos
03-21-2014, 03:31 AM

... with ads.

Random_Guy
03-21-2014, 04:18 AM
this :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm x100000

talkingconch
03-21-2014, 05:01 AM
nobody really likes lebron after the decision though. Its harder for him to be a polarizing figure like Kobe
lebrons future is happening right now. Durant is about to be the face

AintNoSunshine
03-21-2014, 08:52 AM
That's stupid, you can say that after every great player retires, but the game goes on and produces its new legend

HOoopCityJones
03-21-2014, 09:52 AM
That's stupid, you can say that after every great player retires, but the game goes on and produces its new legend

:lol Only if you're a bandwagoner who only celebrates whoever's the best at the time, I grew up watching Kobe and Duncan, so no, it isn't stupid at all.

End of an era when these two retire.

Andrei89
03-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Has Kobe ever been the best player in the league at some point?

I am wondering this many times.

Jlamb47
03-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Has Kobe ever been the best player in the league at some point?

I am wondering this many times.

Of course he was, and you know this yourself. Your just saying this because you cant get off Lebrons d1ck.

Andrei89
03-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Of course he was, and you know this yourself. Your just saying this because you cant get off Lebrons d1ck.

I am not a Lebron stan.

So, with that said, examples please, in what year was Kobe the best player in the league?