PDA

View Full Version : Biggest disappointment this season IMO

Duderonomy
03-20-2014, 09:59 PM
http://jaysjems.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/t-wolves.jpg I thought they were going to breakout. They were on pace with the Clippers two seasons ago before Rubio got hurt. I like Adelman as a coach, this just seems like a team that won't put it together and probably the worst franchise in the league since KG left.

PacerRaptor
03-20-2014, 10:01 PM
Biggest disappointment is the Nets or Knicks

Dr. Ice
03-20-2014, 10:11 PM
definitely the nets

mr.big35
03-20-2014, 10:13 PM
love is good player he needs better players

outbreak
03-20-2014, 10:14 PM
The cavs and wolves for me.

I didn't expect much from the knicks, i thought the nets would get off to a better start than they did but i could also see them failing dramatically. I was really pumped to see the wolves and cavs compete this year, i like most of the players on both lines up and like both franchises so I've felt a bit let down by their play.

Legends66NBA7
03-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Nets.

They have championship aspirations and are probably not going to have a better record than last year's Nets. Plus, they've given up picks for a quick 1st or 2nd round exit.

Eric Cartman
03-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Idiots the Nets are destined to make the playoffs and will probably beat toronto if they face off.

Not the same for minny since they have a really good team but kevin love can't bring them to the ****ing playoffs just one time. Pathetic and I feel sorry for any team that has him as their franchise player.

HylianNightmare
03-20-2014, 10:15 PM
knicks

Dr. Ice
03-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Idiots the Nets are destined to make the playoffs and will probably beat toronto if they face off.

Not the same for minny since they have a really good team but kevin love can't bring them to the ****ing playoffs just one time. Pathetic and I feel sorry for any team that has him as their franchise player.

This right here shows just how much the nets' expectations have dropped.

Sarcastic
03-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Knicks were expected to win 37 games this year. They can still get to it.

Milbuck
03-20-2014, 10:26 PM
As a huge fan of Houston basketball, the Rockets are the big disappointment for me. I thought Harden was going to break out as a star, and that the Rockets were going to be contenders. So far both of these predictions have been miserably wrong. There's always next year I guess, and the year after that.

Legends66NBA7
03-20-2014, 10:28 PM

So, again, it's a far cry from championship contention. I'm sure that aren't going to be content with beating an inexperienced Toronto team.

The odds I'm sure were still against thwarted Wolves even getting to the playoffs.

zoom17
03-20-2014, 10:28 PM
As a huge fan of Houston basketball, the Rockets are the big disappointment for me. I thought Harden was going to break out as a star, and that the Rockets were going to be contenders. So far both of these predictions have been miserably wrong. There's always next year I guess, and the year after that.

what Houston is a top 4 team in the west how is that a disappointment.

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 10:32 PM
what Houston is a top 4 team in the west how is that a disappointment.
He's joking. Milbuck doesn't like the Rockets

Eric Cartman
03-20-2014, 10:38 PM
So, again, it's a far cry from championship contention. I'm sure that aren't going to be content with beating an inexperienced Toronto team.

The odds I'm sure were still against thwarted Wolves even getting to the playoffs.

Most people with knowledge about the game of basketball predicted the Nets to be slightly higher than they are now but not by much (4th behind Miami, Indy and Chicago). The combination of a broken down KG, all these knew players with an inexperienced coach and also injuries we knew that they would take a little time to adjust all these factors. Now they are on track yet still not better than those top 3 teams.

Seems about right to me.

Milbuck
03-20-2014, 10:41 PM
He's joking. Milbuck doesn't like the Rockets
I'm not joking. They were supposed to be the dominant team in the West, on par with OKC, Miami, Indiana, San Antonio in the championship conversation. They got the big prize in free agency, the guy that was supposed to bring them to championship level.

Dwight has pulled his weight, playing great this season. But where's Harden? Where's Beverley? Where's Asik? Disappointments everywhere on that roster. And don't even get me started on the coaching...

Smook A.
03-20-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm not joking. They were supposed to be the dominant team in the West, on par with OKC, Miami, Indiana, San Antonio in the championship conversation. They got the big prize in free agency, the guy that was supposed to bring them to championship level.

Dwight has pulled his weight, playing great this season. But where's Harden? Where's Beverley? Where's Asik? Disappointments everywhere on that roster. And don't even get me started on the coaching...
Last year Houston won 45 games.

This year we're 46-22 with 14 games left, and we're currently 4th in the West. Dwight on the team really improved us. James Harden has been great for us so far, imo. His on ball defense needs to improve but I've noticed his post defense isn't bad at all. No im not being a homer, im just stating what I was seeing. Harden plays average post defense, surprisingly. His stats this season are 25/6/5 on 45%. Not bad. As for the rest team too. The 2nd year jump from Terrence Jones has really helped our pf spot. We needed one at the beginning of the season and I think we finally found our guy. Asik's defense and rebounding really gives us that push off the bench. Beverley is a pesky little dude. I love the hustle he brings. Lin can have some great nights and sometimes bad, but he's still productive. And finally, my boy Parsons... he's been a great role player for us.

The Houston Rockets have a young squad. They might have a couple flaws but hey... I love my team. I don't care what anyone else says about them anymore. Im proud to be a Rockets fan. Go Houston!

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Most people with knowledge about the game of basketball predicted the Nets to be slightly higher than they are now but not by much (4th behind Miami, Indy and Chicago). The combination of a broken down KG, all these knew players with an inexperienced coach and also injuries we knew that they would take a little time to adjust all these factors. Now they are on track yet still not better than those top 3 teams.

Seems about right to me.
I actually think the Nets played this regular season about as perfectly as they could considering their circumstances. I said at the beginning of the year, they shouldn't invest a ton of energy into getting a great seed for the playoffs, but instead focus on keeping Pierce and KG fresh for the playoffs and start coming on at the right time.

Both of those things are happening. PP and KG's numbers are way down from their previous seasons. Hell, KG has only played 21 minutes per game this year. And, they're playing their best basketball right now. I'm not going to allow a few losses to good teams while on a long road trip to change that opinion. They've still won 15 of their last 21 games, including beating some of the best teams in basketball.

If I'm Miami or Indiana, I'd rather not play Brooklyn in the second round. You just know PP and KG are going to kick it up a notch after having taken it easy during the regular season.

They're dangerous. I believe that.

KyleKong
03-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Why do people think the Nets are the biggest disappointment? Just because the owner threw way to much money at his starting players? :oldlol:

That roster is a bunch of too old veterans just cashing paychecks, and overrated players like Derron Williams.

The biggest disappointment has to be the Wolves.

Legends66NBA7
03-20-2014, 11:25 PM

Seems about right to me.

Except they haven't shown that they've been clear cut better than Washington and Toronto either. Yet, the Nets are still supposed to be a challenge ? They might not even get HCA and are a bad road team.

If I'm Miami or Indiana, I'd rather not play Brooklyn in the second round. You just know PP and KG are going to kick it up a notch after having taken it easy during the regular season.

They're dangerous. I believe that.

Their not more dangerous than Chicago, who they would be facing in the 1st round if the season ended today. There's really no guarantee they would even make it out of the 1st round.

roffie
03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
without a doubt.. cavs were the biggest let downs for me.. on paper before the season they looked solid as a playoff team...

now they can't even get to the play offs :smh

Milbuck
03-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Last year Houston won 45 games.

This year we're 46-22 with 14 games left, and we're currently 4th in the West. Dwight on the team really improved us. James Harden has been great for us so far, imo. His on ball defense needs to improve but I've noticed his post defense isn't bad at all. No im not being a homer, im just stating what I was seeing. Harden plays average post defense, surprisingly. His stats this season are 25/6/5 on 45%. Not bad. As for the rest team too. The 2nd year jump from Terrence Jones has really helped our pf spot. We needed one at the beginning of the season and I think we finally found our guy. Asik's defense and rebounding really gives us that push off the bench. Beverley is a pesky little dude. I love the hustle he brings. Lin can have some great nights and sometimes bad, but he's still productive. And finally, my boy Parsons... he's been a great role player for us.

The Houston Rockets have a young squad. They might have a couple flaws but hey... I love my team. I don't care what anyone else says about them anymore. Im proud to be a Rockets fan. Go Houston!
:applause:

Well done, Smook.

My sole purpose as a poster was to teach you the value of patience, tolerance, and non-aggressive defense. Twisting and manipulating all three of those characteristics, I wanted to push you to the absolute limit. And boy did I push. For you have now emerged a beautiful swan, eloquently protecting your team, but doing so without hostility, without impatience, and with a clear and optimistic perspective.

You've truly grown, my son. I accept all of your gratitude, and I couldn't be more proud of you. I've fulfilled all my paternal duties. I can now ride into the heavens, an accomplished man.

http://www.generationaljustice.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/cowboy-sunset.jpg

Eric Cartman
03-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Except they haven't shown that they've been clear cut better than Washington and Toronto either. Yet, the Nets are still supposed to be a challenge ? They might not even get HCA and are a bad road team.

The reason I believe they become a challenge come playoff time is playoff experience that of which KG, Pierce and to a lesser extent Deron have plenty off.

I agree with you that in a series versus Chicago they would loose due to the grit and toughness of the Bulls (although you never know what might happen), but if they face Toronto that experience might help them pull through.

Then they maybe face the Heat (a team they have swept 3-0 this year) if the Heat get the 2 seed while brooklyn wins as the 6th.

All Net
03-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Given the expections heading into the season the Warriors have disappointed to be honest. Still a 50+ win team but still I know people thought they would crack into that top 3.

andremiller07
03-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Given that Rubio has not improved and is crazy overrated and Pek/Martin have been injured the fact the Wolves are over 500. should not mean they have been disapointing imo. Not to mention a pathetic bench unit.

For me it's the Pelicans even when they were at full strength they still sucked and the Tyreke Evans signing has been terrible until recent.

RedBlackAttack
03-20-2014, 11:44 PM
Their not more dangerous than Chicago, who they would be facing in the 1st round if the season ended today. There's really no guarantee they would even make it out of the 1st round.
The Bulls are no threat to the top teams in the East come playoff time. Having said that, I truly appreciate what they've done this season. They've never stopped fighting and it's pretty miraculous they're set for potentially earning homecourt in the first round of the playoffs after losing arguably their two best players.

Really a testament to that group of players and that coaching staff.

However, the game changes in the playoffs. You need guys who can create offense in halfcourt sets when the game really slows down and your facing an opponent who has studied you and only you. They know your tendencies. When that happens, you need guys who can put constant pressure on defenses, slowly wearing them down. Especially late in games, you need go-to guys who have the offense run through them productively even though your opponent knows that guy is getting the ball.

The Bulls don't have those things, despite being an awesome example of toughness and will-to-win. I'm rooting for them, but I'm not seeing a roster that is built for playoff success.

Yes, they could absolutely beat Brooklyn in a series, but I don't think they'd pose as much a challenge for the "big two."

no pun intended
03-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Pistons and Cavs :facepalm

Duderonomy
03-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Knicks,Wolves,Cavs, and Pistons are all dissappointments.The Rockets and Nets are healthy and might get home court in the first round.

Manila
03-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Rose and Bryant being out of the season. Would prefer to see them embarrass their selves.

Legends66NBA7
03-21-2014, 12:38 PM
The Bulls are no threat to the top teams in the East come playoff time.

Well if that's the case, neither are any of the other teams making the playoffs in the East.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Pistons are the biggest disappointment for me. I was really rooting for that experiment to work. This season has forced me to completely give up hope for Brandon Jennings. I held on for a while but I was finally forced to face reality.

ballup
03-21-2014, 01:56 PM
How about the Eastern Conference?