PDA

View Full Version : Venison, Gator and Elk Burgers

aj1987
03-21-2014, 06:12 AM
Has anyone tried Venison, Gator or Elk burgers? Heard about an awesome place near where I am right now and apparently they have amazing burgers. Which one should I try?

fiddy
03-21-2014, 06:37 AM
Venison looks nice, id go for it

rufuspaul
03-21-2014, 08:10 AM
I've had venison and elk. Gator I've had fried but never as a burger. The problem with the venison and elk is that they are very lean. The lack of fat makes it hard to make a nice juicy burger out of them. Too often they come out dry.

fiddy
03-21-2014, 08:15 AM
I've had venison and elk. Gator I've had fried but never as a burger. The problem with the venison and elk is that they are very lean. The lack of fat makes it hard to make a nice juicy burger out of them. Too often they come out dry.
Same story with horse meat, extremely lean so people grind and add beef fat to the mixture. Extremely tasty.

rufuspaul
03-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Same story with horse meat, extremely lean so people grind and add beef fat to the mixture. Extremely tasty.

Yeah, you gotta add something like that for it to work as a burger. I've used lean cuts before and added some bacon to the grinder. That worked out pretty well.

brantonli
03-21-2014, 08:25 AM
I've had croc before, not as a burger though. And it's pretty much how people describe it, kind of like chicken and fish together.

DukeDelonte13
03-21-2014, 09:19 AM
the back loin strips or whatever you call it on a deer is godly if prepared right.

Never had them in burger form though.

I had a bison burger once, wasn't that great.

I prefer 80/20 beef for burgers.

If you are gonna eat exotic meat I wouldn't necessarily want to have it in burger form.

Le Shaqtus
03-21-2014, 09:45 AM
I've had Venison before, doesn't any different to me personally, was pretty good.

aj1987
03-21-2014, 03:16 PM
the back loin strips or whatever you call it on a deer is godly if prepared right.

Never had them in burger form though.

I had a bison burger once, wasn't that great.

I prefer 80/20 beef for burgers.

If you are gonna eat exotic meat I wouldn't necessarily want to have it in burger form.
Apparently they're really good. A lot of people have said that they make amazing burgers.

I've had Bison in Michigan. There's a place called Basement Burger Bar. One of the best burgers I've ever had.

magic chiongson
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
tenderized venison is kinda like the beef you find at the supermarket

mr.big35
03-21-2014, 04:10 PM
i think millbuck tried elk meat