PDA

View Full Version : If you were a free agent, rank which city that would be your desirable location

Legends66NBA7
03-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Atlanta
Boston
Brooklyn
Charlotte
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Denver
Detroit
Golden State
Houston
Indiana
Los Angeles
Memphis
Miami
Milwaukee
Minnesota
New Orleans
New York (Manhattan)
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
San Antonio
Toronto
Utah
Washington

Kinda of a off season topic, but thought it would interesting to ask now too.

moe94
03-21-2014, 01:43 PM
LA

ABfor3
03-21-2014, 01:44 PM
New York
LA
Houston
Miami

zoom17
03-21-2014, 01:46 PM
LA

Clippers or Lakers?

KobesFinger
03-21-2014, 01:48 PM
LA
NY
San Fran
Dallas
Miami

Would be my top 5

Sarcastic
03-21-2014, 01:49 PM
All those cities have a bank in them, right?

Legends66NBA7
03-21-2014, 01:51 PM
All those cities have a bank in them, right?

Yes....

Uncle Drew
03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Just the city alone or also the organisation/franchise you're ''about to join?''

IncarceratedBob
03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I would only consider

Los Angeles (Lakers obv)
New York (Knicks obv)
Miami

If the Warrior move to SF then there

Everywhere else is pretty much a shit tier city

Shabba Ranks
03-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Orlando, Miami. Dat fla weather

Rose'sACL
03-21-2014, 01:58 PM
if i am in my early 20s then:
New York
LA

Big gap and then

SF if warriors move there.
Chicago

All 4 are big markets and will help me get more money off the court if i am good unless i am as marketable as MJ or lebron. although MJ played in a big market, i am sure he would have made a lot of money off the court even if he played anywhere else but not as much as he made playing in a big market like chicago. Same for lebron, if he won 2 rings in new york, he would be making even more money right now.

IncarceratedBob
03-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Orlando, Miami. Dat fla weather
You ever been to Orlando? It's fuggin' boring for an adult, it's a tourist city.

Of course it's better than shitholes like Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, etc but it isn't on Miami's level.

SpecialQue
03-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Toronto, and I'm not even joking. Nothing to do with the team, though.

moe94
03-21-2014, 02:03 PM
You ever been to Orlando? It's fuggin' boring for an adult, it's a tourist city.

Of course it's better than shitholes like Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, etc but it isn't on Miami's level.

Chicago is a shithole? :biggums:

Milbuck
03-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Milwaukee, LA, Chicago, NY

moe94
03-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Toronto, and I'm not even joking. Nothing to do with the team, though.

We'll welcome you with open....."arms"

Rose'sACL
03-21-2014, 02:05 PM

Chicago is pretty great city to live in if you are not poor. the weather is the only problem.
also, toronto is a great place to live.

Legends66NBA7
03-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Just the city alone or also the organisation/franchise you're ''about to join?''

You can have either situation. Some FA's live in 2 cities, 1 they choose and 1 closer to the organization.

IncarceratedBob
03-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Chicago is pretty great city to live in if you are not poor. the weather is the only problem.
also, toronto is a great place to live.
sounds like you're from chicago based on your past couple of posts but IMO chicago is a terrible place to live. the downtown is full of taxpayer, subsidized buildings aka projects full of criminal scum, hipster capitol of the world and of course the taxes are a freaking joke. anyone who COULD live in a better city, would. no offense tho, if you're stuck there then there isn't anything you could do.

Milbuck
03-21-2014, 02:16 PM
sounds like you're from chicago based on your past couple of posts but IMO chicago is a terrible place to live. the downtown is full of taxpayer, subsidized buildings aka projects full of criminal scum, hipster capitol of the world and of course the taxes are a freaking joke. anyone who COULD live in a better city, would. no offense tho, if you're stuck there then there isn't anything you could do.
So in other words, you've been to the shitty part of Chicago and didn't like it, so you're generalizing about the entire city.

MavsSuperFan
03-21-2014, 02:21 PM
States with zero income taxes (not good for the states overall, but great for the upper 1%, which NBA players are)

Rose'sACL
03-21-2014, 02:23 PM
lived about 2 weeks in chicago. i have a few friends who live there. pretty good city unless you go to the wrong side of the town and i am not sure why anyone would go there as there is not much to do there for a rich athlete.

SHABBA
03-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Any of the California teams
Either of the NY teams
Houston
Toronto
Portland

The Iron Sheik
03-21-2014, 03:30 PM
miami has good strip clubs. the actual city is trashy though

l.a. is really overrated by people who've never even been there. it's not all that, but maybe i would feel different if i were a millionaire

charlotte is really underrated. but if i were rich i probably wouldn't want to live there.

i guess it would be either miami or (north side) chicago

Milbuck
03-21-2014, 03:31 PM
miami has good strip clubs. the actual city is trashy though

l.a. is really overrated by people who've never even been there. it's not all that, but maybe i would feel different if i were a millionaire

charlotte is really underrated. but if i were rich i probably wouldn't want to live there.

i guess it would be either miami or (north side) chicago
This, Charlotte is a really cool city to live in.

scott0326
03-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Tough one between Utah and Cleveland

eliteballer
03-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Florida's weather is humid as f*ck is it not?

Qwyjibo
03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Whoever pays me the most money. Obviously it would be cool to play in Toronto but anywhere in the US with low taxes would be great too. It's not like I'd have to live there year round. Boston would absolutely be the last choice though. No thanks when it comes to that shithole playing in front of those scum fans.

Heavincent
03-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Any Florida or Texas team.

Bandito
03-21-2014, 04:40 PM
California, Florida and/or NY.

Bandito
03-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Florida's weather is humid as f*ck is it not?
Tropical > all

Heavincent
03-21-2014, 04:44 PM
States with zero income taxes (not good for the states overall, but great for the upper 1%, which NBA players are)

Yup, so I'd go with any of the Florida or Texas teams.

MMM
03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Toronto home town
Boston tradition
Golden State
Atlanta

Not sure why Atl doesn't appeal to some FA's based on its nightlife

EnoughSaid
03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Taking only the location of the team into consideration

Miami
Los Angeles
New York
Golden State
Orlando
Dallas
Houston

pegasus
03-21-2014, 04:50 PM
New York
Golden State
Chicago
Los Angeles
Boston

zoom17
03-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Taking only the location of the team into consideration

Miami
Los Angeles
New York
Golden State
Orlando
Dallas
Houston

This

KyrieTheFuture
03-21-2014, 05:08 PM
I hate New York, LA, and Miami so my list is

Denver
Toronto
San Francisco
Charlotte

If Seattle gets a team they'd be number two.

Choke
03-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Salt Lake City

The Iron Sheik
03-21-2014, 05:13 PM

the south and west sides are kinda bad even though people really exaggerate how ghetto chicago is. but the north side is great. but the weather can be a bummer. it's cold as shit there sometimes.

Droid101
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Los Angeles area.
Portland
Seattle (if they ever got a team back).
San Francisco
Denver
Washington DC
New York
Boston
Toronto
Florida

The rest pretty much suck equally for different reasons. I might be forgetting a couple up there so don't jump down my throat. I ninja-edited in Denver after the fact.

smoovegittar
03-21-2014, 06:01 PM
1.) Manhattan
2.) Los Angeles
3.) Chicago
4.) Boston
5.) San Antonio

.............. add nauseum. You know where I'm going with this. History and marketability.

Black Mamba's B
03-21-2014, 06:05 PM
La *Lakers
Bay* Warriors
Chicago *Bulls
Ny *knicks
Mia* heat

First two choices, I'm from California, best place to be

secund2nun
03-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Atlanta
Boston
Brooklyn
Charlotte
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Denver
Detroit
Golden State
Houston
Indiana
Los Angeles
Memphis
Miami
Milwaukee
Minnesota
New Orleans
New York (Manhattan)
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
San Antonio
Toronto
Utah
Washington

Kinda of a off season topic, but thought it would interesting to ask now too.

Miami

Le Shaqtus
03-21-2014, 06:13 PM
LA (Clips or Lakers)
Golden State
Orlando
Miami

coolhandsteve
03-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Los Angeles
San Antonio (lived there for a couple years, not bad. Charles Barkley's right about one thing tho)
Seattle if they had a team
New York
Bay Area
Miami like in the offseason
Houston
Dallas
maybe "Ahlanna"
& Denver seems pretty nice anyways.