PDA

View Full Version : We're in for a great playoffs

Wavves
03-22-2014, 01:03 AM
I know a lot of people have been disappointed with this season so far, with Rose going down again and Kobe not playing, but you cannot NOT be excited by the playoffs.

The East is weak, but I love watching the Wizards, Bulls and the Raptors play. Extremely fun teams to watch. We get to see how they will play in the big moments.

The impending battle between the Pacers and the Heat. Miami might not even be the favorites coming into this series in the ECF.

The war-zone that is going to be the West. With teams in the low seeds still stacked with talent, we could see a major upset. Who will make it to the finals? Not only are the Thunder and Spurs a good bet, the Clippers and the Rockets look legit now too.

Then finally, there is a big chance of a meeting in the finals of the two best players in the game, Lebron vs Durant.

Whether you've enjoyed this season or not, shit is going to go down this playoffs, and I don't think I have been as excited for it ever before as I am now

Smook A.
03-22-2014, 01:05 AM
The best East series in the first round will be Nets vs Bulls. Thats the only one I think I'll actually enjoy.

The West... gawd damn

sbw19
03-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Knicks and Suns better make it.

Milbuck
03-22-2014, 01:11 AM
This is probably the first season in which I'm probably going to watch every single series in a conference. Every series in the West, from the 1st round to the Finals should be an all-out war, and exciting as **** to watch.

Wavves
03-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Knicks and Suns better make it.

I'll be praying to the sun gods for the Suns to make it

Le Shaqtus
03-22-2014, 01:15 AM
West is going be f*cking awesome, I can't wait.

Rocketswin2013
03-22-2014, 01:16 AM
This is probably the first season in which I'm probably going to watch every single series in a conference. Every series in the West, from the 1st round to the Finals should be an all-out war, and exciting as **** to watch.
Agreed

TylerTheCreator
03-22-2014, 01:18 AM
West is gonna be ****ing NUTS

All Net
03-22-2014, 01:20 AM
West is going to be nuts...you are going to have 56-58 win teams losing in the 2nd round.

BasedTom
03-22-2014, 01:20 AM
The NBATV guys did a bracket of the playoffs, and it suddenly made me realise how great it's going to be. The West will be brutal, and even the East looks like there will be a few exciting series before the inevitable ECF matchup we've been hyping up since before the season even began

SpaceJammeR
03-22-2014, 01:21 AM
yup can't wait. west will have some upsets.

20Four
03-22-2014, 01:22 AM
The NBATV guys did a bracket of the playoffs, and it suddenly made me realise how great it's going to be. The West will be brutal, and even the East looks like there will be a few exciting series before the inevitable ECF matchup we've been hyping up since before the season even began
^ this

Even though my lakers are not in the playoffs I'm still going to watch the playoffs...the west is stacked....dayum....

VIntageNOvel
03-22-2014, 01:25 AM

http://www.asianjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/SouthParkRandyJizz-575x4311.jpg

MMM
03-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Excited too see some fresh blood in the East. Raps, Wiz, and cats:applause:

T_L_P
03-22-2014, 01:28 AM
You didn't sell me on the East.

I might watch Miami / Brooklyn (if that match up happens), but besides that it's gonna be a load of shit (with the obvious exception of Miami / Indiana).

The West though :eek:

TMT
03-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Personally the only East series I would watch if the playoffs started today would be Chicago-Brooklyn. Otherwise the rest of the early East matchups look like shit.

West all the way. Going to be an all out war out here

russwest0
03-22-2014, 01:47 AM
The West is going to be badass.

The East.... lol

(e)
03-22-2014, 01:50 AM
I legitimately feel sorry for anyone who is excited for the East Playoffs. It's a joke.

I'll enjoy watching whoever the Bulls play in the first round, and I'll enjoy what the West has to offer, but outside of that...lol

nosfan773
03-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Who's covering the West this year? Please tell me its TNT

J Shuttlesworth
03-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Boy just look at that :cheers:

http://i.imgur.com/NfmsImP.png

D.J.
03-22-2014, 02:30 AM
In the West, yes. Even the 1-8 matchup can be a potential upset. There's no frontrunner as literally any of the 8 can make a run. In the East, the ECF is going to be the only real series people watch. Only exception would be Brooklyn/Chicago. Certainly no one is going to care about the other first round matchups. Second round, it depends who advances. Chicago/Indiana I think will be a decent matchup, but Miami against Toronto/Washington won't be anything exciting.

Rubio2Gasol
03-22-2014, 02:37 AM
When are the Playoffs not fu.cking great? It's the f.ucking playoffs.

MMM
03-22-2014, 02:39 AM
You didn't sell me on the East.

I might watch Miami / Brooklyn (if that match up happens), but besides that it's gonna be a load of shit (with the obvious exception of Miami / Indiana).

The West though :eek:

Raps and wiz if they match up should be fun
Chi/Bk in a rematch should be more watchable than last season

D.J.
03-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Raps and wiz if they match up should be fun
Chi/Bk in a rematch should be more watchable than last season

Raptors and Wizards haven't made the playoffs since '08. The Raptors are benefitting from a weak division and the Wizards are an up and coming team with upside, but they're not that good yet.

Nets and Bulls will be a good matchup. I expect it to go 7.

wally_world
03-22-2014, 04:49 AM
Suns will make it and beat the Spurs in the 1st round. Book it.

Jacks3
03-22-2014, 08:37 AM
people say this shit every season.

Pushxx
03-22-2014, 08:57 AM
The playoffs are great until people remember the rig is on in half the series.

ihoopallday
03-22-2014, 09:25 AM
I have the Clips coming out the west.

Number24
03-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Suns, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Warriors and Blazers. Any of these teams winning in the first could not be even considered as an upset. They are that good.

On the other hand, mediocrity of the play-off teams in the east makes their end of the show dull! I personally think Brooklyn is making a final push for that #3 seed. It will be a little interesting to see the Knicks making it through the play-offs. I believe the 37 wins predicted by ESPN will cut it!

mr.big35
03-22-2014, 09:57 AM
not going to watch east playoffs. west going to be crazy

smoovegittar
03-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Excited too see some fresh blood in the East. Raps, Wiz, and cats:applause:
Agreed.

swagga
03-22-2014, 11:40 AM

thunder could run into some serious trouble with the mavs.

Purch
03-22-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm curious, what do people think has changed from the Grizz last year, to this year, to go from a sweep, to a potential upset, against the Spurs?

Purch
03-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I have the Clips coming out the west.
I have the clips getting upsetted if they play Gs

Legends66NBA7
03-22-2014, 12:30 PM
The Raptors are benefitting from a weak division

So are the Nets.

The only reason most believe that their match up vs the Bulls are going to be great is because of their previous history in the playoffs. If they were in any other division they wouldn't get this much hype.

MellowYellow
03-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Borrrrring. Grizz vs Spurs is a snoozefest, dallas has no chance against OKC especially with the refs at their side. Blazers haven't looked good for a while no chance against Houston. LAC vs GS might be good. If Phoenix gets in that series will be good. That's about it.

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Me waiting&thinking about the West Playoffs

http://www.balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/MARIONBEAT.gif.pagespeed.ce_.OV2bxjYXuv.gif

pegasus
03-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Obviously all of the 1st round series in the West will be great, but we may have some good ones in the East too.

Miami-NYK (1st vs 8th or 2nd vs 7th): Not likely but possible. Melo vs Lebron. The Knicks might be peaking at the right time.

Miami-Wizards: Wizards might fall to the 7th spot with recent injuries but they should have all of their players back by the playoffs. Star PG, elite front court in Nene and Gortat, great shooters in Beal and Ariza...could be a recipe for an early upset for Miami.

Bulls-Nets: Sorta like a poor man's ECF in the first round, and that's only because of the injuries to their respective best players.