PDA

View Full Version : East playoffs vs West playoffs

D.J.
03-22-2014, 03:00 AM
The East is going to be almost unwatchable prior to the ECF while every matchup in the West is going to be entertaining . If the playoffs were to start today:

Indiana vs Atlanta- 60ish win team against a likely sub .500 team
Miami vs Charlotte- 55-57 team against a likely sub .500 team
Toronto vs Washington- 2 mediocre teams
Chicago vs Brooklyn- solid matchup

Looking at the 2nd round:

Indiana vs Chicago/Brooklyn- Indiana/Chicago I think will be a decent series, but not Indy/Brooklyn
Miami vs Toronto/Washington- Miami will likely steamroll either one
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the West:

San Antonio vs Dallas- top team in conference against a very solid 8th seed
OKC vs Memphis- Durant and Westbrook(assuming healthy) against an elite D
Los Angeles vs Golden State- 2 uptempo teams
Houston vs Portland- 2 young teams that score a lot

No matter who advances, we're still looking at solid matchups:

San Antonio vs Houston/Portland, or Dallas vs Houston/Portland
OKC vs Los Angeles/Golden State or Memphis vs Los Angeles/Golden State

It's amazing how one conference is irrelevant until the CF where as the other has solid teams and matchups no matter who advances. How do we get the East to be as competitive as the West?

ABfor3
03-22-2014, 03:03 AM
Nobody will be watching the East playoffs until the Conference finals

D.J.
03-22-2014, 03:05 AM

Exactly the point. Though I think Indiana and Chicago can be a decent series. Never discredit teams that play good D(i.e. Chicago, Memphis).

raprap
03-22-2014, 03:09 AM
Raptors vs wizards(if they matchup) will steal the show. I think they had a 3ot game last month.

Smook A.
03-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Holy fuq I cant wait for the West playoffs!

:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:
:hammertime: :dancin :hammertime:
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

ABfor3
03-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Exactly the point. Though I think Indiana and Chicago can be a decent series. Never discredit teams that play good D(i.e. Chicago, Memphis).
Yeah I'm actually one of the few who will try and watch every game..these teams worked hard for this just cause it's not likely they'll advance throughout the playoffs doesn't mean they shouldnt get the attention they deserve..can't wait!

MellowYellow
03-22-2014, 03:41 AM
U should really stop judging teams based solely on their record. The east has a lot of good teams too that just took a while to get going and therefore don't have very impressive records but that does not mean they arent good teams. I guarantee east 1st round>west 1st round.

(e)
03-22-2014, 03:44 AM
It's like people forget that Lebron, Wade, and Bosh teaming up completely killed 2 Playoff teams in the East. Pair that with Dwight going West. And then you have Rose/Rondo/Lopez injuries.

The East has seen their talent team up, get shipped to the West, or is sitting injured on the sidelines.

toxicxr6
03-22-2014, 03:46 AM
U should really stop judging teams based solely on their record. The east has a lot of good teams too that just took a while to get going and therefore don't have very impressive records but that does not mean they arent good teams. I guarantee east 1st round>west 1st round.

Don't judge the east times by their record??:facepalm :facepalm
Lol how else do you judge them?!

East 1st round>west 1st round:facepalm :facepalm

Oh god that post almost makes the "worst posts on Ish" thread

Sakkreth
03-22-2014, 03:49 AM
Raptors will make it interesting :pimp:

Sakkreth
03-22-2014, 03:50 AM

For example you can judge Raptors by how they play and their record post Gay trade.

MellowYellow
03-22-2014, 05:58 AM

You judge teams based on how they are playing in the last month as opposed to their record. You should know this.

R.I.P.
03-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Uh not that bad anymore. The Raptors, Bulls, Nets and Wizards records over the last few months are pretty good. The Hawks and Bobcats have been hurt by injuries. Is there as much depth as in the West? Of course not, but at least now we don

BlackWhiteGreen
03-22-2014, 07:45 AM
I can see all of the East 1st round matchups being enjoyable except the Heat one. Indy have been struggling which will make their series fun, Bulls and Nets are great to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing Wall and Lowry perform in the playoffs.

Yeah, the West will be much better, but don't act like the East is unwatchable

toxicxr6
03-22-2014, 09:22 AM
You judge teams based on how they are playing in the last month as opposed to their record. You should know this.

Then explain to me why heat/pacers/thunder are the three favourites to win this year... Because according to their form over the last month.. Given your logic... They would be very average teams..
Or the fact last year San Antonio were barely over .500 the last month of 2013 before the playoffs.. Yet almost won

Please explain.

justin12140
03-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Then explain to me why heat/pacers/thunder are the three favourites to win this year... Because according to their form over the last month.. Given your logic... They would be very average teams..
Or the fact last year San Antonio were barely over .500 the last month of 2013 before the playoffs.. Yet almost won

Please explain.
The Bulls, Nets, Wizards, and Raptors have all had much more impressive second halves of their seasons than the first with some good wins over west coast teams. Despite their record the playoff teams in the west arent significantly better than the top 6 in the east

longtime lurker
03-22-2014, 09:38 AM
Jesus can the Heat have an easier path to the finals :oldlol:

Get rid of the conferences Silver

Nets fan 93
03-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Yeah..... Raptors vs wizards might be the best matchup. John wall is playing great basketball as is Lowry. Two athletic, young teams

toxicxr6
03-22-2014, 10:37 AM
The Bulls, Nets, Wizards, and Raptors have all had much more impressive second halves of their seasons than the first with some good wins over west coast teams. Despite their record the playoff teams in the west arent significantly better than the top 6 in the east

seeds 3-9 in the west would each beat any other team in the east other than Indiana and Miami

Sakkreth
03-22-2014, 10:42 AM
seeds 3-9 in the west would each beat any other team in the east other than Indiana and Miami

Toronto would beat most of them.

toxicxr6
03-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Toronto would beat most of them.

no chance Toronto couldn't even beat OKC at home when OKC were missing 3 starters:facepalm
BKN is the only team I can see doing any damage.. the rest are just making up numbers..

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2014, 10:58 AM

Please explain.

This. dude is a dumbass... east 1st round more watchable than west :facepalm :banghead:

and about judging teams only by their play in the last month? total fkn crap.

Spurs last month in 2013, last year, won 3 out of 10 games.... looks like they were gonna be a shitty team, eh? :hammerhead:

Legends66NBA7
03-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Toronto vs Washington will be the most exciting series in the East. They've had so many epic series come down to the closing minutes that it's only fitting they face each other in the playoffs. Plus, it's pretty unpredictable who will win as I don't see either team being a clear cut favourite.

MellowYellow
03-22-2014, 12:55 PM
This. dude is a dumbass... east 1st round more watchable than west :facepalm :banghead:

and about judging teams only by their play in the last month? total fkn crap.

Spurs last month in 2013, last year, won 3 out of 10 games.... looks like they were gonna be a shitty team, eh? :hammerhead:

You are so dumb, they were obviously resting their players plus they were banged up last year towards the end. They were lucky to have the EZ Lakers without Kobe in the first round.:hammerhead:

toxicxr6
03-22-2014, 01:05 PM
You are so dumb, they were obviously resting their players plus they were banged up last year towards the end. They were lucky to have the EZ Lakers without Kobe in the first round.:hammerhead:

Lol I would stop posting now!!!
So the last month defines how good you are?? Except if you are resting players?? Or have injuries.. Nice logic because that applies to pretty much every good team before the playoffs
And yes they came up against a rubbish lakers team.. But GSW were very good.. Memphis were even better...then they competed in one of the best series of all time with Miami one of the most stacked teams of all time.. Yet spurs were ment to suck right cause there last month of the regular season was bad...

moe94
03-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Conference elitists lol

Legends66NBA7
03-22-2014, 01:35 PM
People are really overrating Brooklyn. Chicago, Brooklyn, Washington, and Toronto are all on the same damn level, yet Brooklyn is the one who is supposed to "do damage" against the top 2 east teams and a contender from the west.

:oldlol:

moe94
03-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Nets beat the Heat in the RS therefore they're liable to explode in the playoffs!