PDA

View Full Version : Is Durant currently the best player ever without a ring?

Connor B
03-22-2014, 12:40 PM
I'd take him over everyone from the 90s, etc.

New World Order
03-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Great Players with no ring

1) Karl Malone (one of the greatest power forwards ever)

2) John Stockton (one of the greatest point guards ever)

3) Elgin Baylor (Career averages of 27.4 ppg and 13.5 rpg with highs of scoring at 38 ppg and rebounding at 19.8 rpg)

4) Patrick Ewing (great center)

5) Charles Barkley (one of the greatest undersized forwards ever, with a higher career rebounding average than Olajuwon, Ewing and many other taller players)

To say KD is the greatest who never won is to pretty much say he's better than all the players above.

Connor B
03-22-2014, 12:50 PM

3) Elgin Baylor (Career averages of 27.4 ppg and 13.5 rpg with highs of scoring at 38 ppg and rebounding at 19.8 rpg)

5) Charles Barkley (one of the greatest undersized forwards ever, with a higher career rebounding average than Olajuwon, Ewing and many other taller players)

To say KD is the greatest who never won is to pretty much say he's better than all the players above.

I know, and I think he is.

IncarceratedBob
03-22-2014, 12:50 PM

He clearly is so I would say yes

Rocketswin2013
03-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Baylor, Malone and Barkley were better.

MellowYellow
03-22-2014, 12:59 PM
He clearly isn't, and he will never reach them. He will either get a ring, or he his place will fall cuz of how he failed with such a stacked team to get one. There is no Jordan in his way, he has no excuses.

leMVP
03-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Stop making this threads.

Who's there to challange Durant after 2016 where he's going to be in his prime?

AD? PG?

He's gonna get his rings just like Hakeem did when Jordan retired.

Rocketswin2013
03-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I could make a case for Nash over Durant. The fact is that he isn't a great defender will leave the door open for me to debate this.

chocolatethunder
03-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Let's see, three weeks ago it was "KD gave up the MVP to Bron. He's weak blah blah blah." Now he has a good game and it's "he's the best ever without a ring blah blah". Welcome to ISH. Where stupidity happens.

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2014, 01:21 PM
Let's see, three weeks ago it was "KD gave up the MVP to Bron. He's weak blah blah blah." Now he has a good game and it's "he's the best ever without a ring blah blah". Welcome to ISH. Where stupidity happens.

All you ever do is trash on ISH... GTFOH.

Maybe you didnt realize LeBron was putting up a 7 game stretch of 37/8 on 64% while hitting Game Winners and scoring 61... In the mean time Durant lost multiple games, played like a bitch in the Heat-Thunder Game, and shoot poorly for his standarts... Looks to me like the Comments were justified.

Now, Lebron is having one of the worst months of his Career while Durant is going straight January GOD MODE.

So obviously the tune has changed; AGAIN.

What of all this, you don't seem to grasp?

chocolatethunder
03-22-2014, 01:25 PM
All you ever do is trash on ISH... GTFOH.

Maybe you didnt realize LeBron was putting up a 7 game stretch of 37/8 on 64% while hitting Game Winners and scoring 61... In the mean time Durant lost multiple games, played like a bitch in the Heat-Thunder Game, and shoot poorly for his standarts... Looks to me like the Comments were justified.

Now, Lebron is having one of the worst months of his Career while Durant is going straight January GOD MODE.

So obviously the tune has changed; AGAIN.

What of all this, you don't seem to grasp?
Ok, I give you 8/10 trolling. Keep it up.

jzek
03-22-2014, 01:28 PM

all of these guys but one played in hte Jordan era. Hmm...

ps - don't forget another great who didn't win in the jordan era - reggie miller

moe94
03-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I could make a case for Nash over Durant. The fact is that he isn't a great defender will leave the door open for me to debate this.
:oldlol: :facepalm

IncarceratedBob
03-22-2014, 01:32 PM

ps - don't forget another great who didn't win in the jordan era - reggie miller
reggie miller you serious? lol

klay thompson > reggie

Quickening
03-22-2014, 01:33 PM

Jordan era? Guy didn't win a championship until he got a stacked team at like 28... acting like no one could win chit whilst he was playing.

atljonesbro
03-22-2014, 01:33 PM

Are you trying to insinuate Reggie Miller is better than Durant?:roll: Miller is basically 90s Joe Johnson. 18/4/4 player who's really clutch

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Ok, I give you 8/10 trolling. Keep it up.

The only ones trolling are the guys that post random gifs. I could argue you are trolling since you posted nothing relating to the topic at hand.

Just because you disagree/can't handle it doesn't mean its "trolling".

moe94
03-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Are you trying to insinuate Reggie Miller is better than Durant?:roll: Miller is basically 90s Joe Johnson. 18/4/4 player who's really clutch

Joe Johnson and Reggie have completely different games.

Rocketswin2013
03-22-2014, 01:35 PM
:oldlol: :facepalm
Man, you guys underrate assists, and perennial 50-40-90 club seasons. He was accumulating a metric ton of points. And assisting a ****load of 3's. Back to back MVP.

moe94
03-22-2014, 01:36 PM
The only ones trolling are the guys that post random gifs. I could argue you are trolling since you posted nothing relating to the topic at hand.

Just because you disagree/can't handle it doesn't mean its "trolling".

He's just saying ISH is retarded and forever stuck in the moment. Too emotional and whatnot. How can anyone disagree with this? What are you arguing? That it's not? :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2014, 01:39 PM
He's just saying ISH is retarded and forever stuck in the moment. Too emotional and whatnot. How can anyone disagree with this? What are you arguing? That it's not? :oldlol:

Nope. Not what it's about... ISH is king of knee-jerk. But the example, the current one with Durant is a poor one. If you feel the same way, you're wrong too.

LeBron heavily outplayed KD with no signs of stopping >>> He gets MVP Talk.

LeBron plays like shit >>> KD gets MVP Talk.

:confusedshrug: Dont see anything retarded about that.

This Thread has nothing to do with either. I dont know whats so riduclous about assuming KD might finish higher than Barkley/Malone.

chocolatethunder
03-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Nope. Not what it's about... ISH is king of knee-jerk. But the example, the current one with Durant is a poor one. If you feel the same way, you're wrong too.

LeBron heavily outplayed KD with no signs of stopping >>> He gets MVP Talk.

LeBron plays like shit >>> KD gets MVP Talk.

:confusedshrug: Dont see anything retarded about that.

This Thread has nothing to do with either. I dont know whats so riduclous about assuming KD might finish higher than Barkley/Malone.
You didn't say he "might finish higher". What you said is "he currently" so yeah you're either trolling or acting like an idiot because he had a good game last night. Jesus, a week ago he was so "beta" and could never win anything. You're new here, you should have seen this board explode when Brandon Jennings scored 50. We was gonna be one of the best ever. The only problem was that he sucks. Durant doesn't suck but knee jerk threads are shit just like this one.

zoom17
03-22-2014, 05:17 PM

:applause:

sportjames23
03-22-2014, 05:47 PM

With the exception of Baylor and Malone, the only thing KD can do better than the others is score. He can rebound more than Stockton, too, but Stockton is better at assists and defense. Stockton is the only player on this list I'd probably take Durant over. The rest of them, I'd take over Durant without a second thought.

BlackVVaves
03-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Anyone who thinks peak Reggie is a superior player to 24, 25 year old KD from 2012-2014 clearly suffers from severe mental impediments.

TMT
03-22-2014, 05:55 PM
He's definitely up there. But he'll be getting his first one either this year or next as long as he stays healthy. No doubt about that.

NumberSix
03-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Stockton was better than Durant.

Genaro
03-22-2014, 06:11 PM
No. Barkley is.

red1
03-22-2014, 06:13 PM
sure

Rocketswin2013
03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Nash, Barkley, Malone and arguably Stockton.

chocolatethunder
03-22-2014, 06:19 PM
He's definitely up there. But he'll be getting his first one either this year or next as long as he stays healthy. No doubt about that.
There's plenty of doubt about that. If someone else goes down w an injury this year or next he may not get one. If he has a bad series and no one steps up then he won't get one. How many franchises have won a championship since 1980? 33 years, how many franchises have won? LA, Boston, Philly, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, San Antonio, Miami and Dallas. Championships are hard to come by so don't be so sure about who's gonna win.

russwest0
03-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Yes he is. Absolutely.

ArbitraryWater
03-22-2014, 06:26 PM
You didn't say he "might finish higher". What you said is "he currently" so yeah you're either trolling or acting like an idiot because he had a good game last night. Jesus, a week ago he was so "beta" and could never win anything. You're new here, you should have seen this board explode when Brandon Jennings scored 50. We was gonna be one of the best ever. The only problem was that he sucks. Durant doesn't suck but knee jerk threads are shit just like this one.

Oh, I did? Wasn't aware of that... show it to me then.

nbaballllller
03-22-2014, 08:29 PM

Yes.

KD is better than all of those players.

Obviously he hasn't played as long as them, so players like malone, stockton etc clearly have career accolades over him. But if you are drafting a player or picking a player for a year , you would pick durant over all of those guys