PDA

View Full Version : How much would it suck if both Parker and Embiid stay an extra year?

fpliii
03-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Would be brutal. :(

LeGOAT
03-23-2014, 07:57 PM
I really hope they don't. You know there are a ton of Duke alums in Parker's ear talking about how he's a winner and can't go out like that. **** the NCAA. GO get paid

RightToCensor
03-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Parker might stay for personal reasons, like Marcus Smart did.

Embiid should stay because centers usually develop their offense better with extended time in college.

Andrew Wiggins
Dante Exum
Marcus Smart...

are the only true franchise potential prospects to be confirmed to be in the draft.

inclinerator
03-23-2014, 07:58 PM
nobody would care

sammichoffate
03-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Literally nothing to gain by staying an extra year. Embiid is the only who I think could maybe stay an extra year, which would make his rookie year all the better. I expect him to declare for this draft and get picked #1 though.

sammichoffate
03-23-2014, 08:02 PM

Embiid should stay because centers usually develop their offense better with extended time in college.

Andrew Wiggins
Dante Exum
Marcus Smart...

are the only true franchise potential prospects to be confirmed to be in the draft.Never know, Mcdermott might end up as the next Bird :lol

fpliii
03-23-2014, 08:02 PM
nobody would care
I would, we're not going to get a top 5 pick again any time soon. As RTC said, if they stay an extra year, instead of there being 5 guys (I'm a big fan of Smart as well), there are only 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love FA and the Lakers will be fine either way, but it would be amazing if both LA and Boston get franchise players the same year, with three other power prospects going to other teams.

Also, not looking forward to another year of this tanking stupidity.

sammichoffate
03-23-2014, 08:15 PM
I would, we're not going to get a top 5 pick again any time soon. As RTC said, if they stay an extra year, instead of there being 5 guys (I'm a big fan of Smart as well), there are only 3.

Don't get me wrong, I love FA and the Lakers will be fine either way, but it would be amazing if both LA and Boston get franchise players the same year, with three other power prospects going to other teams.

Also, not looking forward to another year of this tanking stupidity.^this. Tanking is brutal on a team's psyche.

salwan
03-23-2014, 08:19 PM
if that happens the 76ers will tank to a 0-82 record next season :roll:

Patrick Chewing
03-23-2014, 08:22 PM
If Parker stays, it's almost a certainty that Duke is the favorite to win the National Title next season. The class that Duke has coming in is epic and with Parker returning, it could be case closed for Duke winning it all. It would be hard for Parker to walk away from such a great personal experience and accomplishment.

KrizMiz
03-23-2014, 08:22 PM
i really hope they do!

better for both guys

Jameerthefear
03-23-2014, 08:37 PM
If Parker stays, it's almost a certainty that Duke is the favorite to win the National Title next season. The class that Duke has coming in is epic and with Parker returning, it could be case closed for Duke winning it all. It would be hard for Parker to walk away from such a great personal experience and accomplishment.
No it isn't.
If they stay they are fvcking idiots.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Literally nothing to gain by staying an extra year. Embiid is the only who I think could maybe stay an extra year, which would make his rookie year all the better. I expect him to declare for this draft and get picked #1 though.

Embiid has the most to lose. There are already concerns with his back as it is. You cash in right now. Both of them, and Wiggins and Randle.

Smart returned, his stock has dropped a bit, his team did shit, and the entire perception about him has changed. He went from being one of the most herald players in the country to whatever people think about him after the fan incident and a flopper.

JohnFreeman
03-23-2014, 09:17 PM
It would be hilarious.

imdaman99
03-23-2014, 10:09 PM
It would be awesome, get it done Knicks. Of course next year is when they will try to make the playoffs. What a joke of a franchise. Maybe Phil has something to say about it.

outbreak
03-23-2014, 10:16 PM

Andrew Wiggins
Dante Exum
Marcus Smart...

are the only true franchise potential prospects to be confirmed to be in the draft.

marcus smart sucks

RightToCensor
03-23-2014, 10:21 PM
marcus smart sucks
Next D.Wade

El Gato Negro
03-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Cavs have three first round picks next year, let them stay.

RightToCensor
03-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Cavs have three first round picks next year, let them stay.
But...... LeComeback.

El Gato Negro
03-23-2014, 10:45 PM
But...... LeComeback.
Personally i would rather see bron go to okc or Portland and cheat his way to more championships :lol

the mesiah
03-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Strike while the iron is hot .. Joel got the back problem and will only get worse not better in the future especially being a big.

STATUTORY
03-23-2014, 11:01 PM
if embiid stays for another year i see tragedy in that kid's future

HOoopCityJones
03-23-2014, 11:07 PM
They would be stupid to stay imo, NCAA Basketball isn't what it used to be where any ol Team led by a future NBA star can be coast to the Final Four, it's been the upset Era the last few years, aside from when Calipari manages to secure ALL of the Top prospects in the Country like with Wall and Davis's year.

Jabari especially, Duke hasn't won anything in YEARS, them getting upset by someone is kind of a regular thing nowadays , he saw what happened with Marcus Smart this year, the only use of staying would be to definitely have your stick fall to the 4 through 6 range on the Big Board.