PDA

View Full Version : Journalist for Chicago Tribune says LeBron is DPOY until he retires

Joyner82reload
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Also says he deserves the MVP every year as well. Just LMFAO, how does this guy have a job as a sports journalist? This is just...beyond trolling

[QUOTE]Dear Stupid (and you people saying Joakim Noah is the Defensive Player of the Year know who you are):

I heard it from Kevin McHale when the Bulls beat the Rockets recently. Stop it.

I heard it again during the TV broadcasts of Bulls

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Chicagoans. Yeesh :facepalm

russwest0
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

please tell me clowns like this aren't actually voting on the dpoy, mvp, etc

zoom17
If this is beyond trolling do you really need to make a thread about it.

kamil
03-24-2014, 03:30 PM
This year's DPOY is Joakim Noah... has the dude not been following his home team at all?

Smook A.
03-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Get this retard fired

Trollsmasher
03-24-2014, 03:33 PM
The greatest person in the history of Chicago:applause:

Milbuck
Lebron is the Chicago Tribune Journalist.

Denitron
What a s**t article :lol

HoopsFanNumero1
03-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Bulls fans :lol

Joyner82reload
03-24-2014, 03:36 PM
What a s**t article :lol

And this guy is making 100-200k per year to write articles like this :roll:

STATUTORY
03-24-2014, 03:37 PM
:facepalm that's why chicago is such a pos city these days

russwest0
03-24-2014, 03:38 PM
If you ever wanted proof LeBron is the most overrated athlete of all time, here you go.

It's as if these clowns don't even know we have a plethora of defensive stats at our disposal in todays age :oldlol: :facepalm

Joyner82reload
03-24-2014, 03:40 PM
If you ever wanted proof LeBron is the most overrated athlete of all time, here you go.

It's as if these clowns don't even know we have a plethora of defensive stats at our disposal in todays age :oldlol: :facepalm

It's not only ignorance of what is out there, this is flat out bad/lazy reporting. It's one thing not to watch the games and still write articles, but this guy didn't even research how LeBron has played this year. What a joke, he honestly deserves to be fired for an article like this.

sportjames23
03-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Get this retard fired

This.

sportjames23
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
The greatest person in the history of Chicago:applause:

...retired from the Bulls in January 1999.

Basketbolero
03-24-2014, 03:54 PM
My company, like many, often pays journalists to write about how awesome we are at everything we do while trying not too make it too obvious. Lebron's camp probably did the same here but the journalist they found was too stupid to understand the 'too obvious' part.

Heavincent
03-24-2014, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE]Dear Stupid (and you people saying Joakim Noah is the Defensive Player of the Year know who you are):

I heard it from Kevin McHale when the Bulls beat the Rockets recently. Stop it.

I heard it again during the TV broadcasts of Bulls

HoopsFanNumero1
03-24-2014, 04:06 PM
...retired from the Bulls in January 1999.

This clown actually thinks Jordan is the greatest person in the history of Chicago :roll:

SHAQisGOAT
03-24-2014, 04:09 PM
"Sports' journalists" for you these days :facepalm It's like you need to be an ignorant shock-jock to have a job as one :facepalm

BlackVVaves
03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
LeBron, and the Heat, have been inconsistent and largely ineffective defensively for this entire season. The statistics support that assessment.

Awards should be provided based on merit, not odd obsessions and name recognition.

riseagainst
03-24-2014, 05:16 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

please tell me clowns like this aren't actually voting on the dpoy, mvp, etc

this. If people are this are voting for the DPOY, MVP, etc. then the award has truly lost its value.

sportjames23
03-24-2014, 06:40 PM
This clown actually thinks Jordan is the greatest person in the history of Chicago :roll:

This bitch actually thinks anyone cares what he thinks. :oldlol:

Keno
03-24-2014, 06:57 PM
so what's the problem here? finally chicago gets something right.

chazzy
03-24-2014, 07:18 PM
As Keno would say, "lmaooooooooo"

LongLiveTheKing
03-24-2014, 07:33 PM
People only say it sucks cause it's about Lebron. :oldlol:

longtime lurker
03-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Keep in mind guys these are the people who vote for MVP :facepalm

NumberSix
03-24-2014, 07:46 PM
LeBron has no case for DPOY this season.

T_L_P
03-24-2014, 07:47 PM
People only say it sucks cause it's about Lebron. :oldlol:

...and people only make such delusional comment about LeBron.

LongLiveTheKing
03-24-2014, 07:51 PM
...and people only make such delusional comment about LeBron.
If it was KD or Kobe people would come in here like that journalist was a god. :roll:

T_L_P
03-24-2014, 07:53 PM
If it was KD or Kobe people would come in here like that journalist was a god. :roll:

Sure they would. Any proof to back that claim?

russwest0
03-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Roy Hibbert held to 0-5 shooting tonight with Noah on him.

Is LeBron still the DPOY until he retires?

Prometheus
03-25-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm as big a Bron fan as any, but this is just stupid as ****.

LeBron not only has no case for DPOY this year, but he is simply not on the same tier as a defensive player that Noah is on. He's a very good defender, especially in the post-season, but he's not the upper elite. He's just not.

He doesn't deserve DPOY and he never will. The end.

Sorry Bron.

rlsmooth775
03-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Lebron was the best defender in the NBA in the 2011 2012 season

KevinNYC
03-25-2014, 12:46 AM
LOL

Yeah, do you know what journalists are paid?

Mr. Incredible
03-25-2014, 01:17 AM
LeBron should have won it in '12. His defense has been average this year.

russwest0
03-25-2014, 01:21 AM
LeBron should have won it in '12.

Lol no, not even close.

aj1987
03-25-2014, 01:28 AM
Lol no, not even close.
Yeah, he should have. Box score watchers. :facepalm

:oldlol:

Most journalists hardly make $50,000. Some are paid by the article and they don't make shit.

sportjames23
03-25-2014, 01:34 AM
Well, whatever this guy's making, he's clearly being overpaid.

Mr. Incredible
03-25-2014, 02:11 AM
Lol no, not even close.
Ignorance. :facepalm

russwest0
03-25-2014, 02:16 AM
yes, LeBron deserved the defensive player of the year award in 2012

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

my god, i felt stupid as shit just typing that

pauk
03-25-2014, 02:19 AM
He is right... perhaps not until he retires, but yes...

russwest0
03-25-2014, 02:20 AM
He is right... :confusedshrug:

pauk whatever you are doing bro you chose the wrong career path. The Chicago Tribune would publish your lion essay shit and you'd be making like 50k a year

pauk
03-25-2014, 02:42 AM
The best overall/allround defender in the league is the guy who overall covers the defense the best on all areas better than anybody and preferably is also the most vocal leader orchestrating the defense, thats a guy who does the most defensively.... guys like Bobby Jones, Rodman (pistons), Pippen and now Lebron.... out of those only Rodman managed DPOY and he had to work overtime hustling & sacrificing his body like no other in NBA history...

Pippen i understand had to battle Hakeem, Mutombo etc. and Rodman himself for that reward.... ok, but here is Lebron getting robbed by guys like Marc Gasol...

I just think its annoying how DPOY usually by huge majority automatically goes to whatever big tree under the basket blocking a shot here & there....

Lebron has finished 2nd now 2 or if i remember correclty maybe even 3 times for DPOY, the closest one last year.... and whoever won the DPOY over him those times all ended behind him on the 1st all-defensive team votes as Lebron would get the most 1st all-defensive team votes instead..... kindof contradictive, even though it is the coaches who vote for 1st all-defensive team, they understand i guess, maybe they should be the guys voting for DPOY.

BIZARRO
03-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Seriously, I live in Chicago and the media here is absolutely moronic. Almost all of them. Can't even read the papers, listen to the sports radio, watch the news sportscast, etc.. Forced to go national to get any level of objectivit/intelligence at all.

Truly, it is just an awful crop. Any good writers aka Bernie Lincicome from back in the day, or reporters, or radio guys are long gone.

It is seriously a 1 in a million shot to have as bad a media as we do here, and it happened. This guy Steve Rosenbloom in this article is just one of many examples.

In general, Chicago has a lame vibe these days. Used to be such a cool city.

T_L_P
03-25-2014, 03:03 AM
The best overall/allround defender in the league is the guy who overall covers the defense the best on all areas better than anybody and preferably is also the most vocal leader orchestrating the defense, thats a guy who does the most defensively.... guys like Bobby Jones, Rodman (pistons), Pippen and now Lebron.... out of those only Rodman managed DPOY and he had to work overtime hustling & sacrificing his body like no other in NBA history...

Pippen i understand had to battle Hakeem, Mutombo etc. and Rodman himself for that reward.... ok, but here is Lebron getting robbed by guys like Marc Gasol...

I just think its annoying how DPOY usually by huge majority automatically goes to whatever big tree under the basket blocking a shot here & there....

Lebron has finished 2nd now 2 or if i remember correclty maybe even 3 times for DPOY, the closest one last year.... and whoever won the DPOY over him those times all ended behind him on the 1st all-defensive team votes as Lebron would get the most 1st all-defensive team votes instead..... kindof contradictive, even though it is the coaches who vote for 1st all-defensive team, they understand i guess, maybe they should be the guys voting for DPOY.

...or it's the one who impacts the game the most with their defense.

Your comment implies that LeBron, who "covers the defense the best on all areas", is/was a better defender than guys like Garnett, Duncan, Hakeem, because he does more (which you still haven't explained exactly what he does). After all, Duncan solely guards/guarded 4s or 5s.

So before we move on, could you please outright say LeBron's defense, at his peak, was better than Duncan's (I'm using Duncan because Garnett and Hakeem could guard more positions, generally)?

russwest0
03-25-2014, 03:04 AM
...or it's the one who impacts the game the most with their defense.

Your comment implies that LeBron, who "covers the defense the best on all areas", is/was a better defender than guys like Garnett, Duncan, Hakeem, because he does more. After all, Duncan solely guards/guarded 4s or 5s.

So before we move on. Could you please outright say LeBron's defense, at his peak, was better than Duncan's (I'm using Duncan because Garnett and Hakeem could guard more positions, generally).

No no no, you're wrong.

LeBron is the only guy in the NBA who can guard 1-4 therefore he is the best defender in the league and should be the DPOY until the day he dies.

T_L_P
03-25-2014, 03:07 AM
No no no, you're wrong.

LeBron is the only guy in the NBA who can guard 1-4 therefore he is the best defender in the league and should be the DPOY until the day he dies.

I seriously don't get it. LeBron is not a real game changer on defense. Heck, he's not even his team's most important defender at times.

chazzy
03-25-2014, 03:22 AM

Just so you understand the concept better, I'll use your own words to explain it - this is you describing the difference between being a more versatile scorer and being a better scorer:

You are confusing scoring arsenal with scoring.

Reggie Millers scoring arsenal is better than Shaqs.
Shaqs scoring is better than Reggies.

Being able to score more efficiently & productively makes you a better scorer.... being able to score in more ways doesnt make you a better scorer
So WHY does that not apply to defense as well? Just because a player is ABLE to defend multiple positions, that doesn't mean he's more effective at it than a..
big tree under the basket blocking a shot here & there
because you know what? If he was defending like no other in NBA history, don't you think it would translate to something better than the 13th defense in the league? While these "one dimensional trees" have been anchoring the best (Hibbert) 2nd best (Noah) 3rd best (Bogut) 4th best (Duncan) etc.. see a trend? I don't think any real Lebron stan believes he's been up to his own standards defensively this year, let alone DPOY besides you

PyrrhusX
03-25-2014, 03:47 AM
LeBron has no case for DPOY this season.

Did not expect this from you :applause: :applause: :applause:

SHAQisGOAT
03-25-2014, 04:21 AM
guys like Bobby Jones, Rodman (pistons), Pippen and now Lebron.... out of those only Rodman managed DPOY and he had to work overtime hustling & sacrificing his body like no other in NBA history...

Well, to be fair, Bobby Jones would've most likely get it in 1977, as he was top10 in steals and blocks, #1 in dws and drtg, best defensive player on the best defensive team, guarding all types of players and great at it, and the leading point getter for the all-defensive team.. but they didn't give out the award during those years.