PDA

View Full Version : SHOWTIME Lakers vs current Heat

TheMan
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Who you got? Is there any version of the Laker champ teams this Heat can challenge?

What say you?

LeGOAT
03-24-2014, 05:10 PM
LOL Not sure if serious. The Heat make Roy Hibbert look like Jabar. WTF would Jabar do???

TheReal Kendall
03-24-2014, 05:12 PM
I can't even imagine the numbers KAJ would have.

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 05:41 PM
LOL Not sure if serious. The Heat make Roy Hibbert look like Jabar. WTF would Jabar do???

:lol

The Heat's front court is the fountain of youth for past prime Centers.

Would be fun to watch LeBron vs Magic.

Jailblazers7
03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Showtime in 5. I want to say a sweep but I'll give the Heat a game at home.

The only Lakers team that the Heat would have a chance against are the Kobe/Gasol Lakers.

TheMan
03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
No one arguing for the Heat, not even that fakkit mehyaM24?:facepalm

LeBron /Heat lucky they ain't playing in the 80s.

Soundwave
03-24-2014, 05:59 PM
I got the Lakers just because I still don't think the Heat really play great as a team. They play like a bunch of individuals, the Lakers were in sync as a team.

Plus Miami's interior defense would get exploited. Bosh + creaky knees Oden can't deal with a real center.

TheMilkyBarKid
03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Showtime would most likely win, but i would love to see lebron guarding magic

aj1987
03-24-2014, 07:35 PM

:facepalm

Why do idiots always say this? This team is built for the current league. If it was a similar situation in the '80's, they would've gotten a better big man. Not Bosh for sure.

Anyways, Miami's lack of size KILLS them. Lakers win in 5 or 6.

ThePhantomCreep
03-24-2014, 07:39 PM
If LeBron guards Magic, then Worthy goes '84 Finals bonkers on the Heat.

LA has way too many weapons. They'd win in 5.

AnaheimLakers24
03-24-2014, 07:39 PM

Why do idiots always say this? This team is built for the current league. If it was a similar situation in the '80's, they would've gotten a better big man. Not Bosh for sure.

translation = im a little homosexual

aj1987
03-24-2014, 07:43 PM
im a little homosexual
Not just a little. You're a massive flaming ******.

SHAQisGOAT
03-24-2014, 08:34 PM
At their best form they would've stood a nice chance against the 1988 Lakers.. as for the rest, they would lose most of the time, Lakers would feast plenty.

DFish24
03-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Lakers Sweep with Kareem Averaging 34/14

Dr Hawk
03-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Magic and Jabbar would crush the Heat. 4-0 or 4-1

Bless Mathews
03-24-2014, 08:52 PM
<------------------

We would kill bron bron.

Rose'sACL
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM
<------------------

We would kill bron bron.
LoL@ we
did you play for showtime lakers?
anyways, 2012 heat with a really good defensive big man takes those lakers to 6 and might even take them to 7. 2012 heat could outrun those lakers.

SHAQisGOAT
03-24-2014, 09:08 PM
2012 heat could outrun those lakers.

:oldlol:

If the Heat played that type of game with them, they'd be screwed, falling right into their hands. Best way would be to try and slow the tempo, get the best shots available, always getting quick as hell back on D, also run fast and get the bucket on "sure-shot" fastbreaks.

As for your comment, good luck on outrunning Worthy, Scott, Magic, Cooper and AC. Great overall athleticism with killer passing-game while knowing how to handle the ball.

TheMan
03-24-2014, 09:36 PM

Dude, this thread was made in response to that cocksvcker Heat troll mehyaM24.That fakkit is going around saying MJ/Bulls "were lucky" they didn't play in the 80s. Yes I know it's a retarded thing to say but turn around is fair play.

To the subject of the thread, Heat can't touch Showtime Lakers and we all know it:pimp:

hahaitme
03-24-2014, 09:39 PM

Certified dumbass. For real.

TheMan
03-24-2014, 10:26 PM

Certified dumbass. For real.
Oh the irony.

Check post #19, hint, it's the one above yours.:facepalm

Try to keep up.

Rocketswin2013
03-24-2014, 10:28 PM
The Heat were one of the best pick N roll and perimeter defending teams in NBA history. They should at least take it to 6.

I<3NBA
03-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Lakers win. but Heat the most stacked team all-time tho.

says the haters who also says Heat will always lose to other all time teams.

if you can understand that logic. :lol

LongLiveTheKing
03-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Lakers win. but Heat the most stacked team all-time tho.

says the haters who also says Heat will always lose to other all time teams.

if you can understand that logic. :lol
Heat are the most stacked team of all time but would lose to every other team that has won a championship. :roll:

navy
03-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Heat are the most stacked team of all time but would lose to every other team that has won a championship. :roll:
Pretty much this. :oldlol:

Micku
03-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Showtime would most likely win, but i would love to see lebron guarding magic

That would be epic.

But who in the hell would guard James Worthy if LeBron guards Magic? The Heat would probably play small at the PF spot or something. Like Battier or something to guard Worthy...Worthy is gonn'a have a field day.

ThePhantomCreep
03-24-2014, 11:20 PM
They're stacked relative to their era.

SHAQisGOAT
03-24-2014, 11:30 PM

^^This

What's so hard to understand? :banghead:

Bless Mathews
03-25-2014, 01:09 AM
LoL@ we
did you play for showtime lakers?
anyways, 2012 heat with a really good defensive big man takes those lakers to 6 and might even take them to 7. 2012 heat could outrun those lakers.
Yes I did.

Not much, but I did. 3rd string. Had a blast though. and all the low cut weapons I could dream of.

sportjames23
03-25-2014, 01:11 AM

:cheers:

aj1987
03-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Dude, this thread was made in response to that cocksvcker Heat troll mehyaM24.That fakkit is going around saying MJ/Bulls "were lucky" they didn't play in the 80s. Yes I know it's a retarded thing to say but turn around is fair play.

To the subject of the thread, Heat can't touch Showtime Lakers and we all know it:pimp:

The '12 and '11 Heat would have a good chance (if LeBron doesn't choke like he did in '11 Finals and if Bosh doesn't get injured like he did in '12). I'm not saying they would win, but they would have a good chance to win. The '14 Heat and '13 Heat would get destroyed by them though. '14 Heat MIGHT have a chance with '88 Lakers. KAJ was pretty much done by then. Depends on how Wade plays in the Playoffs.

I<3NBA
03-25-2014, 08:43 AM
so that would mean this is a weak era. right?

plowking
03-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Since when have the Heat ever struggled with finesse centers? They haven't. If you want to look at it objectively, we've always done extremely well with finesse bigs.
We outplayed the Lakers with Pau and Bynum, always did well against the Thunder and Serge Ibaka, etc.

We've always struggled against the brute teams like Indiana with Hibbert and West, Dwight Howard led teams, KG led teams, Memphis with Zach and Marc, Chicago with Boozer and Noah, etc.

Kareem will be Kareem, but hes not the type of player we struggle with. I think guys like Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing would do far more damage against us then Kareem.

No one is sweeping the Heat. Lakers would probably win for the simple fact they have the best player on the floor.

Prometheus
03-25-2014, 09:14 AM
Haters: HEAT ARE SO STACKED. BRAN RINGS DON'T COUNT :facepalm

NO CHANCE AGAINST GREAT TEAMS. MIAMI SUCKS :oldlol:

Buncha dumbasses. Miami has a lot of flaws, a lot of holes. Bosh is way overrated, they have no rebounding or size or interior presence on defense, and their point guards are AWFUL. LeBron carries them on his back like a champ... a back-to-back champ.

And yes they would probably get murked by showtime.

lakers_forever
03-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Kareem will be Kareem, but hes not the type of player we struggle with. I think guys like Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing would do far more damage against us then Kareem.

How do you know that if there is not a single Kareem type player in the NBA today?

Kareem used to score at will against everyone including the NBA greatest centers like Wilt, Olajuwon and Ewing. He would murder the heat.

No one is sweeping the Heat. Lakers would probably win for the simple fact they have the best player on the floor.

:rockon: Hell yeah! Magic is the greatest Laker of all time. I'd take Magic over Lebron.

lakers_forever
03-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Haters: HEAT ARE SO STACKED. BRAN RINGS DON'T COUNT :facepalm

NO CHANCE AGAINST GREAT TEAMS. MIAMI SUCKS :oldlol:

Both statements are false. Of course Lebron rings count. He is an all time great player. The Heat has a chance against a lot of great teams from the past. But the thing is usualy this type of thread compare the Heat with the very best teams ever. And I think they would be huge underdogs against team with all time great offensive post players, like the 67 and 83 sixers, 71 bucks, show time Lakers, 86 celtics, 00,01 and 02 Lakers, 94/95 Rockets and so on.

It's all abouth matchups. I think they have a better chance against the Jordan's bulls than against the showtime Lakers. I would not bet against Jordan though. Jordan and Pippen > Lebron and Wade. They complement each other much better than Lebron/Wade and Jordan is Jordan (the GOAT).

Prometheus
03-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Both statements are false. Of course Lebron rings count. He is an all time great player. The Heat has a chance against a lot of great teams from the past. But the thing is usualy this type of thread compare the Heat with the very best teams ever. And I think they would be huge underdogs against team with all time great offensive post players, like the 67 and 83 sixers, 71 bucks, show time Lakers, 86 celtics, 00,01 and 02 Lakers, 94/95 Rockets and so on.

It's all abouth matchups. I think they have a better chance against the Jordan's bulls than against the showtime Lakers. I would not bet against Jordan though. Jordan and Pippen > Lebron and Wade. They complement each other much better than Lebron/Wade and Jordan is Jordan (the GOAT).

:cheers: repped (in my mind) for being a Lakers fan who actually sounds intelligent. You're a rare breed.

I agree with every word of this post.

Prometheus
03-25-2014, 09:51 AM
How do you know that if there is not a single Kareem type player in the NBA today?

Kareem used to score at will against everyone including the NBA greatest centers like Wilt, Olajuwon and Ewing. He would murder the heat.

:rockon: Hell yeah! Magic is the greatest Laker of all time. I'd take Magic over Lebron.

Pretty sure he was talking about Kareem. LeBron is pretty clearly a better player than Magic was.

plowking
03-25-2014, 09:58 AM

I know he did, and he would continue to do so. He would get his averages. I don't think he'd murder us... well... his 30/12 averages are already murdering, so sure, he would. But I think brute players like Ewing and Malone would do even better, since these are the type of guys that kill the Heat.

I was talking about Kareem. Lebron is a better player than Magic.

lakers_forever
03-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Pretty sure he was talking about Kareem. LeBron is pretty clearly a better player than Magic was.

Really? 70's Kareem is a greater player than Lebron, not 80's Kareem (during the Showtime era).

I don't know about clearly. But it's not an absurd to think Lebron is better than Magic. But I'd take Magic.

:cheers: repped (in my mind) for being a Lakers fan who actually sounds intelligent. You're a rare breed.

I agree with every word of this post.

:cheers: Thanks. But I don't think I'm that rare if you consider true Lakers fans, not fans of some particular player.

lakers_forever
03-25-2014, 10:01 AM
I know he did, and he would continue to do so. He would get his averages. I don't think he'd murder us... well... his 30/12 averages are already murdering, so sure, he would. But I think brute players like Ewing and Malone would do even better, since these are the type of guys that kill the Heat.

I was talking about Kareem. Lebron is a better player than Magic.

Like you said, 30/12 is already murder. :D

I repeat: really? 70's Kareem is a greater player than Lebron, not 80's Kareem (during the Showtime era).

No problem thinking Lebron is better than Magic. I don't though. Magic is in my G.O.A.T level players list among Jordan (Goat), Kareem, Russell, Wilt and Bird. Lebron will join soon, but not yet.

Prometheus
03-25-2014, 10:17 AM
I don't know about clearly. But it's not an absurd to think Lebron is better than Magic. But I'd take Magic.

You know what, you're right, I shouldn't have said clearly. They're definitely on the same level. The difference for me is that LeBron could play Magic's role fairly well (poor man's version on offense, but vastly superior as a defensive player) while Magic would have no chance in hell of playing LeBron's role. He was never capable of being a 30 PPG threat, had very poor outside shooting, and again was just not even in the same category defensively. But his point guard skills were so absurdly dominant that it's a fair comparison. No respect lost for picking Magic.

But I don't think I'm that rare if you consider true Lakers fans, not fans of some particular player.

Eh, you're probably right again. I guess i just don't come across very many true Lakers fans, since I live on the opposite coast, and the ones I run into online are all just low-IQ Kobetard homers... the worst and most obnoxious kind of posters alive.

You're definitely on point though. Tons of green bars that just happen to be invisible.

juju151111
03-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Since when have the Heat ever struggled with finesse centers? They haven't. If you want to look at it objectively, we've always done extremely well with finesse bigs.
We outplayed the Lakers with Pau and Bynum, always did well against the Thunder and Serge Ibaka, etc.

We've always struggled against the brute teams like Indiana with Hibbert and West, Dwight Howard led teams, KG led teams, Memphis with Zach and Marc, Chicago with Boozer and Noah, etc.

Another retarded Post by plowking. Kareem would destroy the Heat. The Heat struggles with Tall skilled players period. They have no one to guard him. Look how horrible Roy Hibbert is until he plays the Heat. Kareem would basically be shooting over midgets.

plowking
03-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Another retarded Post by plowking. Kareem would destroy the Heat. The Heat struggles with Tall skilled players period. They have no one to guard him. Look how horrible Roy Hibbert is until he plays the Heat. Kareem would basically be shooting over midgets.

How is my post retarded? Are you just another f*cking jock rider on here that has nothing better to do?

Kareem would destroy the Heat? Check. I said he would.
They have no one to guard him? Check. Been mentioned.

Heat don't struggle with tall, skilled players. They struggle with tall brutes.

You've basically added nothing while trying to take a potshot for the sake of looking cool on a forum. Decent discussion was being had before you came in.

F*ck off and end yourself. You're nothing.

Fire Colangelo
03-25-2014, 09:42 PM
I hate these hypotheticals.

Have any of you ever thought that the Heat was built this way BECAUSE there aren't enough talented big man to take advantage of the Heat's shitty frontline? Maybe they would've built the team another way had they played in another era, maybe they would've traded Bosh for a defensive center already.