PDA

View Full Version : Bulls most overrated franchise in the NBA?

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:04 PM
lakers: won in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s
celtics: won in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 00s
spurs: won in the 90s, 00s.
bulls: won in the 90s

i dont count the knicks because phil is gonna turn that franchise around, so its got to be the bulls, who won ALL their titles in a weak era.

discuss

Bigsmoke
03-24-2014, 06:05 PM
6 championships bitch

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:06 PM
6 championships

in one decade. pretty weak TBH

Dr. Ice
03-24-2014, 06:07 PM
People overrate them? I personally never see them get put into the upper echelon of franchises

TheWINdyCity
03-24-2014, 06:07 PM
lakers: won in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s
celtics: won in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 00s
spurs: won in the 90s, 00s.
bulls: won in the 90s

i dont count the knicks because phil is gonna turn that franchise around, so its got to be be the bulls, who won ALL their titles in a weak era.

discuss

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

RightToCensor
03-24-2014, 06:09 PM
6 championships bitch
Jordan.

They have been nothing without Mike.

Basketbolero
03-24-2014, 06:11 PM
How is that any less impressive? They OWNED the 90s.

Weak era? you just proved you didn't watch basketball back then.

Your thread sucks.

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:16 PM
How is that any less impressive? They OWNED the 90s.

Weak era? you just proved you didn't watch basketball back then.

Your thread sucks.

name superstar wings in the 90s that played on stacked teams, eg jordan.

winning all your championships in ONE decade and flaming out since, exposes you as a one hit wonder.

bulls are overrated as a franchise. period.

CelticBaller
03-24-2014, 06:18 PM
no, the knicks are by their fans

Milbuck
03-24-2014, 06:25 PM
The Rockets are the most overrated franchise and it's not even close. In all of sports too, not just the NBA.

TheMan
03-24-2014, 06:27 PM

winning all your championships in ONE decade and flaming out since, exposes you as a one hit wonder.

6 > 3*

Asterisk for the 2006 title the Heat were gifted by the refs

stay mad, fakkit

jzek
03-24-2014, 06:31 PM
72-10

Would have been 74-8 but Phil chose to rest his starters for the last two games.

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 06:34 PM

Gary Payton
Scottie Pippen (Rockets)
Kobe/Van Exel/Jones
Penny Hardaway
Sprewell
Tim Hardaway/Mitch Richmond/Mullin
KJ/Thunder Dan
Ehlo/Price
Isiah Thomas

No team besides Russell's Celtics so thoroughly dominated a decade as MJ's Bulls did... and that was with the baseball break in the middle. They have the most wins ever (72) and the 3rd most wins ever (69). They had a very rough post Mike/Scottie/Phil 00s but rebounded with the MVP Rose era and could've challenged for more championships before he went down.

The Bulls have the 3rd most championships of any franchise (behind only the Celtics and Lakers). Why does it matter when they came? The Celtics spent the entire 90s and most of the 00s being completely irrelevant. The Lakers may be poised to do the same this decade and beyond.

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:34 PM
6 > 3*

Asterisk for the 2006 title the Heat were gifted by the refs

stay mad, fakkit

im not a heat fan :confusedshrug: hell i recently made a thread about wade's BS freethrows in that finals.

still that doesnt make the bulls any less overrated. theyre forever known as a one hit wonder. thanks to jordan(who is the only top 10 player that NEVER faced legit competition when winning titles)

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Gary Payton
Scottie Pippen (Rockets)
Kobe/Van Exel/Jones
Penny Hardaway
Sprewell
Tim Hardaway/Mitch Richmond
KJ/Thunder Dan
Ehlo/Price
Isiah Thomas

WEAK. neither of these players are superstar swingmen like lebron(top 10 player alltime),kobe(prime, top 10 player alltime),wade(top 25 player alltime),tmac(top 50),carmelo(top 50),durant (top 30-40).

also, none of these dudes played on a stacked team like the bulls who also had the GOAT coach.

Basketbolero

That all you got? Repeating overused words you don't even understand? Not surprised...

Bulls put together one fo the best dynasties in league's history. No one puts them on the same tier as Lakers or Celtics so find me one franchise other than those two that has been more succesful.

Spurs you say? They won less, nothing outside of Duncan & Popovich's era

:sleeping

sportjames23

Third most in league history. Only undefeated team in the NBA Finals with multiple appearances.

Eat a plate of d1cks, fakkit.

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 06:44 PM
also, none of these dudes played on a stacked team like the bulls who also had the GOAT coach.

Put the crack pipe down :lol

Take a look at this picture of the 1998 West all star squad. Tell me how many Lakers you see:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0216/nba_g_1998allstar_kh_576x324.jpg

Then tell me how many championships they won in the 90s.

diamenz
mid to late nineties was a bit weak, but it's still the nba. the first three peat bulls were an incredible team with much heart. if you wanna call them overrated, that's on you.

mehyaM24
That all you got? Repeating overused words you don't even understand? Not surprised...

Bulls put together one fo the best dynasties in league's history. No one puts them on the same tier as Lakers or Celtics so find me one franchise other than those two that has been more succesful.

Spurs you say? They won less, nothing outside of Duncan & Popovich's era

and yet ONLY won in the 90s. duncans spurs won in the 90s(99) and 2000s. theyve been competing for titles for a decade now.

the bulls? LMAO

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
Put the crack pipe down :lol

Take a look at this picture of the 1998 West all star squad. Tell me how many Lakers you see:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0216/nba_g_1998allstar_kh_576x324.jpg

Then tell me how many championships they won in the 90s.

:roll:

where are the swingmen? no kobe/lebron/melo/durant/wade caliber players there.

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 06:47 PM
:roll:

where are the swingmen?. no kobe/lebron/melo/durant/wade caliber players there.

Now I know I've been posting in a troll thread.

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Now I know I've been posting in a troll thread.

so you think 18 year old kobe is prime kobe? idiot.

NuggetsFan
03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
No. Everybody knows the Bulls claim is with the Jordan/Pippen/PJ. They were so great and accomplished so much that they are considered one of the better franchises because of that time span alone. If they had won in the 70's and 00' than they would be right there with the Lakers/Celtics. There third right now I believe with 6 championships. An extra 4-5 rings put them at 11 which I guess is still pretty far away from Lakers/Celtics territory.

diamenz
03-24-2014, 06:52 PM
op, why r u so salty towards the bulls? you must have like five threads belittling them this weekend.

moe94
03-24-2014, 06:53 PM
lol

Funny how Wade is trash one second and then you use him for a different agenda...

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 06:55 PM
lol

Funny how Wade is trash one second and then you use him for a different agenda...

rookie/highschool kobe was a scrub. speaks volumes about the talent in the 90s.

i shit on wade, true.......but he is better than all those dudes on the perimeter. am i wrong?

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 06:55 PM

Kobe won his first ring just 2 seasons later putting up 15.6 PPG (37% FG) in the finals. This was before the rule changes that swung offenses in favor of perimeter players. Compare what 3rd year Kobe was doing in the physical D era to what Bron was doing in his 3rd year in the no touching/3 sec violation era. Then look at the calibre of teams they made their first finals with in their 4th seasons.

The Bulls and MJ were an anomaly in that era. Look at who was winning rings, MVPs, scoring titles, etc when he went to play baseball.

rookie/highschool kobe was a scrub. speaks volumes about the talent in the 90s.

Kobe in his 2nd and third seasons was an all star. He made the finals in his fourth season.

LeBron was an all star in his 2nd and third seasons. He made the finals in his fourth season.

Compare their respective individual play in that time span and compare their teams that made it to the finals.

Then tell me about 'weak eras' and talent pool of the respective time periods.

eliteballer
03-24-2014, 08:42 PM
dondadda stop being ridiculous to push your agenda.

Naming PG's and teenagers as superstar swingmen:roll:

The centers Jordan faced in the finals:

2nd year Divac
Duckworth
Mark West
Jim Mclvaine
Ostertag

Soundwave
03-24-2014, 08:50 PM

2nd year Divac
Duckworth
Mark West
Jim Mclvaine
Ostertag

Not MJ's fault that Hakeem and DRob choked every year he made the Finals. The Bulls handled Ewing, Zo, Mutombo, and Shaq so the notion that they never played against centers is just stupid, if you lose 4 times in a series, you're out, doesn't matter if its the Finals or not.

In fact I think Chicago played *better* against teams that tried to feed a low post center option because it played right into their defensive strategies and let Jordan/Pippen roam a lot more for steals.

The Bulls got fortunate with drafting Jordan, obviously Portland made a huge mistake in taking Sam Bowie (lol) and obviously it's one of the greatest strokes of luck in the history of all sports, but I think it's fine.

When I talk to NFL/NHL/MLB fans they always say the NBA is a bit of a joke compared to other leagues in that you have two teams (Celtics/Lakers) that dominate so much, so it's a good thing that other teams like Chicago, San Antonio, and even Miami are getting a taste.

Why should success in one era entitle a franchise to automatic success going forward? Other teams should get a taste too, I don't view that as a bad thing at all.

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 08:54 PM

You want to tackle the questions I posed to your boy?

2nd year Divac
Duckworth
Mark West
Jim Mclvaine
Ostertag

Now name the ones he faced on the way to the finals. Then do the same for Shaq/Bean. For extra credit, name the 'superstar swingmen' Bean faced in the finals.

TheMarkMadsen
03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
the only part of the Bulls franchise that is "rated" is the 90s, and they are not overrated

Rose'sACL
03-24-2014, 09:03 PM
Third most in league history. Only undefeated team in the NBA Finals with multiple appearances.

Eat a plate of d1cks, fakkit.
winning 6 out of 11 finals is way more impressive than winning 6 of 6.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Why do people take this asshole seriously? Anybody that thinks the 80s and 90s were "weak" has no business talking hoops.

guy
03-24-2014, 10:12 PM

Don't you mean a 6-hit wonder? :hammerhead:

Would a fan base r

wakencdukest
03-24-2014, 11:24 PM
and yet ONLY won in the 90s. duncans spurs won in the 90s(99) and 2000s. theyve been competing for titles for a decade now.

the bulls? LMAO

Why do you hate the Bulls?

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Kobe won his first ring just 2 seasons later putting up 15.6 PPG (37% FG) in the finals. This was before the rule changes that swung offenses in favor of perimeter players. Compare what 3rd year Kobe was doing in the physical D era to what Bron was doing in his 3rd year in the no touching/3 sec violation era. Then look at the calibre of teams they made their first finals with in their 4th seasons.

The Bulls and MJ were an anomaly in that era. Look at who was winning rings, MVPs, scoring titles, etc when he went to play baseball.

Kobe in his 2nd and third seasons was an all star. He made the finals in his fourth season.

LeBron was an all star in his 2nd and third seasons. He made the finals in his fourth season.

Compare their respective individual play in that time span and compare their teams that made it to the finals.

Then tell me about 'weak eras' and talent pool of the respective time periods.

none of this is relevant, as the 2000 and 2005 spurs(who faced the cavs) were better than ANY team jordan faced in the nineties.

what about the ASG picture you posted? still waiting for you to explain how ANY of those players, at that time, were superstar swingmen? :confusedshrug:

TheMan
03-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Why do people take this asshole seriously? Anybody that thinks the 80s and 90s were "weak" has no business talking hoops.
This

I'm thinking he's a gimmick account. Dude signed up about five years ago, hardly posted and suddenly starts making a bunch of garbage bait threads the last few days.

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 11:29 PM
none of this is relevant, as the 2000 and 2005 spurs(who faced the cavs) were better than ANY team jordan faced in the nineties.

what about the img you posted? any superstar swingmen? :confusedshrug:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500.gif

:lol

zoom17
03-24-2014, 11:33 PM
the only part of the Bulls franchise that is "rated" is the 90s, and they are not overrated

that avy pic though rape face:lol

http://www.oocities.org/southbeach/keys/Keys/3100/kobe2.jpg

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 11:39 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500.gif

:lol

:confusedshrug:

the 2000 lakers(with phil jackson and goat role players) and 2005 spurs(peak duncan, gino, parker and pop) were better than the jazz, lakers, blazers, and sonics.

are you suggesting otherwise?

Smook A.
03-24-2014, 11:40 PM
The Rockets are the most overrated franchise and it's not even close. In all of sports too, not just the NBA.
aaaaaaand nobody gives two f**ks what you think because that is completely false.

The most overrated franchise in sports are the Dallas Cowboys. It's not even close

mehyaM24
03-24-2014, 11:47 PM
what about the ASG picture you posted? still waiting for you to explain how ANY of those players, at that time, were superstar swingmen?
jordan mythologists?

DonDadda59
03-24-2014, 11:55 PM
:confusedshrug:

the 2000 lakers(with phil jackson and goat role players) and 2005 spurs(peak duncan, gino, parker and pop) were better than the jazz, lakers, blazers, and sonics.

are you suggesting otherwise?

1) The Jazz SWEPT the Lakers in the '98 WCF when that team had 4 all stars after beating the Duncan/Robinson Spurs 4-1 in the semis. And I have no idea why you're bringing them up anyway since you originally brought up the 2000 Spurs for some reason :confusedshrug:

2) You don't even know what team/year Bron and his rag tag crew of nobodies were swept by in the finals and it's hilarious how utterly clueless you are. :lol

JohnFreeman
03-24-2014, 11:58 PM
I think if Rose was healthy they would maybe have a chip. Knicks are the most overrated

JUDGE WITNESS
03-25-2014, 12:42 AM
makes sense, they had the most overrated player in the 90s

poido123
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
With championships, comes the glory and title.

Bulls currently have 6, only 2 other teams have more.

Bulls had the GOAT.

They sell out most home games. I think they are kinda a big deal :banana:

http://us105fm.com/files/2013/12/anchorman3.gif

deja vu
03-25-2014, 04:05 AM

Why wings? What's so special about them?

Why not centers?

Or power forwards?

Or point guards?

I could apply your kind of thinking and say that the 00s are weak because of the lack of superstar centers.

Nevaeh
03-25-2014, 04:25 AM
Gary Payton
Scottie Pippen (Rockets)
Kobe/Van Exel/Jones
Penny Hardaway
Sprewell
KJ/Thunder Dan
Ehlo/Price
Isiah Thomas

No team besides Russell's Celtics so thoroughly dominated a decade as MJ's Bulls did... and that was with the baseball break in the middle. They have the most wins ever (72) and the 3rd most wins ever (69). They had a very rough post Mike/Scottie/Phil 00s but rebounded with the MVP Rose era and could've challenged for more championships before he went down.

The Bulls have the 3rd most championships of any franchise (behind only the Celtics and Lakers). Why does it matter when they came? The Celtics spent the entire 90s and most of the 00s being completely irrelevant. The Lakers may be poised to do the same this decade and beyond.

Damn, D. You're like the ultimate "MJ Rebuttal Machine", on ISH. You make things easier on us cats who like to do other things, other than taking these idiot ass "MJ haters" to school in every other thread. We thank you.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

TheMan
03-25-2014, 09:23 AM
makes sense, they had the most overrated player in the 90s
Another idiot chimes in:applause:

Prometheus
03-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Gary Payton
Scottie Pippen (Rockets)
Kobe/Van Exel/Jones
Penny Hardaway
Sprewell
KJ/Thunder Dan
Ehlo/Price
Isiah Thomas

^^ yyyyyyyyyyep.

Seriously OP, you're pathetic right now. Obviously the Celtics and Lakers are the greatest franchises by a country mile, but who the **** are you putting ahead of Chicago? San Antonio has only been dominant in the Duncan era, albeit much less dominant than Chicago was with Jordan. Who else ya got? The Sixers with their 2 championships :oldlol:

mr.big35
03-25-2014, 11:03 AM
what about knicks they have been the nba the longest and still with only won 2 which was in the 70s

mehyaM24
03-25-2014, 12:03 PM
1) The Jazz SWEPT the Lakers in the '98 WCF when that team had 4 all stars after beating the Duncan/Robinson Spurs 4-1 in the semis. And I have no idea why you're bringing them up anyway since you originally brought up the 2000 Spurs for some reason :confusedshrug:

2) You don't even know what team/year Bron and his rag tag crew of nobodies were swept by in the finals and it's hilarious how utterly clueless you are. :lol

nope you brought up sophomore kobe(1998) and lebron(2005),of course i originally intended to bring up the 2007 spurs, who again, were better than ANY team jordan faced in the finals.

i made it clear with my second post on the subject. likewise, the 2000 lakers, with peak shaq and GOAT role players with the GOAT coach are better than ANY team the bulls faced in the finals.

jordan fans hate the truth LOL..........btw,where are the superstar swingmen in that pic?

mehyaM24
03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
so its unanimous. the bulls are THE most overrated franchise in the NBA :applause:

Milbuck
03-25-2014, 12:21 PM
MJ > Lebron

MJ's Bulls > Lebron's Heat

Accept it and move on. You're a weak troll.

TheMan
03-25-2014, 12:26 PM
MJ > Lebron

MJ's Bulls > Lebron's Heat

Accept it and move on. You're a weak troll.
Yeah, not funny or clever like good trolls, just an annoying little cvnt

Legends66NBA7
03-25-2014, 01:11 PM
^^ yyyyyyyyyyep.

Seriously OP, you're pathetic right now. Obviously the Celtics and Lakers are the greatest franchises by a country mile, but who the **** are you putting ahead of Chicago? San Antonio has only been dominant in the Duncan era, albeit much less dominant than Chicago was with Jordan. Who else ya got? The Sixers with their 2 championships :oldlol:

The franchise of the Sixers since it's Syracuse Nationals days also won a title in 55. If you were only counting since the team became the Philadelphia 76ers, then yes it's 2.

tomtucker
03-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Team owner should get his shit together and spend some money, Bulls fans can

SilkkTheShocker
03-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Easily.

They owe everything to Scottie Pippen.

TheMan
03-25-2014, 02:14 PM

mehyaM24
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Easily.

They owe everything to Scottie Pippen.

i would have said jordan,but youre right, defense does win championships. :applause:

bottom line, winning in the 90s isnt anything to brag about.

TheMan
03-25-2014, 02:23 PM
i would have said jordan,but youre right, defense does win championships. :applause:

bottom line, winning in the 90s isnt anything to brag about.
Neither is right now, ask Silkk:oldlol: