PDA

View Full Version : Hannibal is a Top 3 show.

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Mad Men.
Game of Thrones.
Hannibal.

Anybody been following this? It's transformed into an amazing show that is not easy to get into but it is incredibly deep and well made. Acting is amazing too.

True Detective started on the level of these shows but had a very shallow and safe ending, didn't deliver. Orange is The New Black is very good, but not quite here. Any other shows?

miller-time
03-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Maybe Boardwalk Empire. And Luther (although I think that has finished as a TV show). Homeland is up there too but I wasn't a huge fan of season 3.

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Maybe Boardwalk Empire. And Luther (although I think that has finished as a TV show). Homeland is up there too but I wasn't a huge fan of season 3.

Homeland fell off hard even from season 2. Boardwalk is good and can be very good sometimes, but these shows are very good and on ocassion become great.

fsvr54
03-25-2014, 12:48 AM
On tv now, yes.

Never seen a second season step it up in quality so drastically.

SpecialQue
03-25-2014, 12:55 AM
It's a shame that it keeps getting shit ratings. A third season doesn't seem likely, but I hope a cable network picks it up if NBC cancels it. Since half of the budget comes from overseas, it's a pretty small investment for a network (and probably the only reason NBC renewed it in the first place).

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 12:55 AM
On tv now, yes.

Never seen a second season step it up in quality so drastically.

Yes, i wondered how the show would deal with him behind bars and if the other actors would be able to carry the show...

But it ended up being that the show now revolves around him even though he is in prison, and how they are revealing bit by bit what happened last season, how the main characters all have more time on screen because of the cut back on regular cases, and the dialogue and acting being excellent.

Wow, just wow.

What are your top 3 shows?

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
It's a shame that it keeps getting shit ratings. A third season doesn't seem likely, but I hope a cable network picks it up if NBC cancels it. Since half of the budget comes from overseas, it's a pretty small investment for a network (and probably the only reason NBC renewed it in the first place).

We probably don't have to worry that much, i read that other networks were definitely in the hunt to pick up the 2nd season if NBC didn't step up and what with the quality and the good reviews that this season is getting, it wil probably be picked up for a 3rd. The show is a commodity to NBC even with the low ratings.

fsvr54
03-25-2014, 01:03 AM
Yes, i wondered how the show would deal with him behind bars and if the other actors would be able to carry the show...

But it ended up being that the show now revolves around him even though he is in prison, and how they are revealing bit by bit what happened last season, how the main characters all have more time on screen because of the cut back on regular cases, and the dialogue and acting being excellent.

Wow, just wow.

Only current show I watch now that True Detective is over. Unless you count comedy, Boondocks next month :D

Actually Rectify is an interesting show

Might check out The Americans if it doesn't turn out to be some super pro America shitee

The-Legend-24
03-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Shows like this should be on cable networks, if it ain't your typical cop show, it's not lasting more than 2 seasons on networks like NBC.

fsvr54
03-25-2014, 01:08 AM

Wow, just wow.

Yeah, I hated that killer of the week stuff. Even though it was still a good show in S1.

I never got over how unrealistic it was not to chain down criminally insane transports to the truck.

SpecialQue
03-25-2014, 01:22 AM
We probably don't have to worry much, i read that other networks were dfeinitely in the hunt to pick uo the 2nd season if NBC didn't step up and what with the quality and the good reviews that this season is getting, it wil probaly be picked up. The show is a commodity to NBC even with the low ratings.

I'm wondering if NBC is going to keep it around mainly for prestige reasons. It has a small fanbase, but the fans it does have are fanatical about it, and the critics fvcking ADORE it. Apparently the showrunner has up to six seasons all planned out, each one way different from the last.

Patrick Chewing
03-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Mad Men.
Game of Thrones.
Hannibal.

http://asset-b.soup.io/asset/6836/6373_b9cb.gif

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm wondering if NBC is going to keep it around mainly for prestige reasons. It has a small fanbase, but the fans it does have are fanatical about it, and the critics fvcking ADORE it. Apparently the showrunner has up to six seasons all planned out, each one way different from the last.

Sorry for the typos.

Yes, that is the word. The prestige and critic's recognition/fanfare that the show gives NBC would be pretty hard to pass up, though i wonder if another network picking it up would result in a raised budget and more freedom for the show runner...

I hadn't heard that from Fuller, what were the details or were did you find the article?

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 01:33 AM
http://asset-b.soup.io/asset/6836/6373_b9cb.gif

I was of the opinion that True Detective was probably better until i saw the last two episodes of that show, and i started the second season of Hannibal. True Detective looks like the better show, and the acting from the two leads is better... But the plot, the combined cast, the art direction and the way it has kept and actually raised it's quality while True Detective went down in the moment of truth...

Nope.

What are your top 3 shows by the way?

SpecialQue
03-25-2014, 01:38 AM
Sorry for the typos.

Yes, that is the word. The prestige and critic's recognition/fanfare that the show gives NBC would be pretty hard to pass up, though i wonder if another network picking it up would result in a raised budget and more freedom for the show runner...

I hadn't heard that from Fuller, what were the details or were did you find the article?

http://www.avclub.com/search?feature_types=the-walkthrough

Bryan Fuller's been following every episode with a walkthrough where he talks about working on the episode and his plans for the series. Re-reading it, I misinterpreted a question...the interviewer asked if there's enough material if they make it to six or seven seasons, and Fuller said there's a ton, but I was wrong about it being planned out. Season three is DEFINITELY planned out though, according to this quote:

[QUOTE]The interesting thing was, we shift the paradigm into what I think most would have thought a Hannibal series would be like anyway, with a villain behind bars consulting with the FBI on these crazy cases. And so it felt like because we changed the paradigm, it was like doing a first season again. We

Myth
03-25-2014, 01:53 AM
Not sure if I'm missing something, but right now, my top 3 are:

True Detective
Sons of Anarchy
Bates Motel

Patrick Chewing
03-25-2014, 01:55 AM
What are your top 3 shows by the way?

True Detective
Homeland
Game of Thrones (losing interest though)

Black Sails on Starz is slowly creeping up.

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 01:56 AM
http://www.avclub.com/search?feature_types=the-walkthrough

Bryan Fuller's been following every episode with a walkthrough where he talks about working on the episode and his plans for the series. Re-reading it, I misinterpreted a question...the interviewer asked if there's enough material if they make it to six or seven seasons, and Fuller said there's a ton, but I was wrong about it being planned out. Season three is DEFINITELY planned out though, according to this quote:

Also, I think in every walkthrough so far he's been pumping up episode five, which is leaving me anxious for Friday to come around.

The first episode had a flash-forward of Jack and Hannibal fighting two weeks into the future, maybe now that he sees Hannibal was aware of his wife's plans for suicide, and the disappearance of Beverly(she won't get out of that house alive) he will start diggin and confront him. I think that's what will happen in episode 5.

Ah, that is very interesting, thanks.

What do you think of Dr. Du Maurier? I found her just :bowdown:

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 02:00 AM
True Detective
Homeland
Game of Thrones (losing interest though)

Black Sails on Starz is slowly creeping up.

Game of Thrones is just about to get crazy, don't leave now. True Detective i gave my thoughts on the first page but i can see why. Homeland? What? The second and third season have not been very good, the third season even painful some times. But oh well, lets agree to disagree.

El Kabong
03-25-2014, 04:09 AM
It'd be really good if they could get the rights to Silence of the Lambs too, but I'm sure they can move on the Red Dragon stuff after this current arc is finished.

miller-time
03-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Game of Thrones is just about to get crazy,

I don't know how anyone could lose interest after season 3 though? Once I saw the red wedding I couldn't wait and ended up buying and reading all of the books. But season 4 is going to be mental. Everything so far has been building to this point. All the pieces are in play now and it is going to go off.

Graviton
03-25-2014, 06:53 AM
I think I am on episode 6 of Season 1, the show is amazing but holy shit you need to watch it with an empty stomach. Some of the scenes make Saw movies look like family cartoons.

If anyone is looking for a something to watch I would recommend Justified, FX shows are usually quality. They offer some good stuff to hold off until the HBO/Starz series come back.

Did you see that banned episode too? The one you can only find online.

El Kabong
03-25-2014, 07:03 AM
I think I am on episode 6 of Season 1, the show is amazing but holy shit you need to watch it with an empty stomach. Some of the scenes make Saw movies look like family cartoons.

If anyone is looking for a something to watch I would recommend Justified, FX shows are usually quality. They offer some good stuff to hold off until the HBO/Starz series come back.

From what I read, the episode on-line didn't contain the banned stuff which involved school kids being brainwashed into commiting murder, which was deemed "inappropriate" due to the Boston bombings.

They originally aired Ep 5 instead and the stuff put up online was from the banned episode, but was only the stuff that moved the story along and not the "murder of the week" stuff that involved the school kids.

niko
03-25-2014, 09:47 AM
From what I read, the episode on-line didn't contain the banned stuff which involved school kids being brainwashed into commiting murder, which was deemed "inappropriate" due to the Boston bombings.

They originally aired Ep 5 instead and the stuff put up online was from the banned episode, but was only the stuff that moved the story along and not the "murder of the week" stuff that involved the school kids.

That was silly they didn't show the episode, it was a huge stretch it was related. BTW, they do have rights to Silence of the Lambs, the person who writes the show said so. His plan if allowed to continue would be a season of Red Dragon and a season of Silence of the Lambs, albeit his take on it.

People should watch it, this season is awesome. It got more pulpy (more horror cliches) but it's a great hour of TV, it's really unlike anything else out there.

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 01:30 PM
I don't know how anyone could lose interest after season 3 though? Once I saw the red wedding I couldn't wait and ended up buying and reading all of the books. But season 4 is going to be mental. Everything so far has been building to this point. All the pieces are in play now and it is going to go off.

The Red Wedding is kind of like the Cersei and Jaime scene in the first episode, it's make or break for some people. Some depended on the Starks to enjoy the show, and they leave after it. Others enjoyed it for other reasons.

Suguru101
03-25-2014, 03:46 PM

What stuff affected you the most? The only thing that really had me kind of looking away is the bee killer in Season 2, there was an incredibly tough part.

I did see the banned episode, they played it safe but it really wasn't all that much to connect to the bombing. The episode itself wasn't a can't miss but it still sucks that there are some people who will never see it.

Suguru101
03-30-2014, 03:20 AM
What did you guys think of episode 5? It was so consistently good from start to finish; great start, the reveal of what happened to that character was expected but it still hit me, and the acting of Jack Crawford was top noch. There were no slow parts or anything that dragged on...

This was a very good episode. With that said, i'm already yearning for the return of Dr. Du Maurier, **Spoilers- and i was just beginning to really enjoy Katz, she was getting more time and she had good chemistry with Will.- Spoilers**

The way Will's storyline is going is majorly making up for it though, he is becoming an amazing character.

niko
03-30-2014, 12:56 PM
What did you guys think of episode 5? It was so consistently good from start to finish; great start, the reveal of Kat was expected but it still hit me, and the acting of Jack Crawford was top noch. There were no slow parts or anything that dragged on...

This was a very good episode. With that said, i'm already yearning for the return of Dr. Du Maurier, and i was just beginning to really like Katz.

The way Will's storyline is going is majorly making up for it though, he is becoming an amazing character.
It was great. It's getting consistenly better. It actually got good ratings for once too.

What happened to the character it happened to (deliberately vague) at the beginning of this episode was as ****ed up as anything I have ever seen on TV. My god...

Suguru101
03-30-2014, 01:05 PM
It was great. It's getting consistenly better. It actually got good ratings for once too.

What happened to the character it happened to (deliberately vague) at the beginning of this episode was as ****ed up as anything I have ever seen on TV. My god...

I forgot to add spoiler signs, my bad.

Yeah, it had a 1.1, which was better than the Season 1 Finale.

The reviews and media buzz its getting have hoping it will get nominated at the Emmy's. If this thing gets nominated for something, anything, it will firmly plant it into the awareness of most TV critics, whose readers will then start giving it a chance. I really, really want this show to be renewed.

Whats your take on the episode only showing the end of "her"? I actually wanted to see the fight/chase, if only because she saw something that made her stop, which i believe could be Abigail... either dead or alive(only missing an ear).

Oh and Jack... he's shifting over to the Will side. Well, he was until Will got himself an envoy.

Qwyjibo
03-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Shows like this should be on cable networks, if it ain't your typical cop show, it's not lasting more than 2 seasons on networks like NBC.
This is what's stopping me from even getting into this show, as unfair as that sounds. I don't have faith in the major networks to put out interesting dramas. The feel and atmosphere of these shows seems so tame and superficial compared to what you'd see on HBO or Showtime.

FatComputerNerd
03-30-2014, 02:41 PM
The 100 and Resurrection both show promise so far.

brandonislegend
03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Those without True Detectives on their list can **** off.

They could have had 2 people cracking carrots on eachothers head for the last 2 episodes and still would be better than 99% of shows.

Suguru101
03-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Those without True Detectives on their list can **** off.

They could have had 2 people cracking carrots on eachothers head for the last 2 episodes and still would be better than 99% of shows.

Mad Men is better, Game of Thrones is better, and Hannibal is overall better.
Go watch all three of those shows, then watch the disappointment than the last 2 episodes of True Detective were and compare overall which show is better.

Yes, the first 5 episodes of TS were on a higher level than Hannibal, but then it started crashing... and it crashed.

brandonislegend
03-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Go watch all three of those shows, then watch the disappointment than the last 2 episodes of True Detective were and compare overall which show is better.

Yes, the first 5 episodes of TS were on a higher level than Hannibal, but then it started crashing... and it crashed.

I have watched all those shows and they are not better.

fsvr54
03-30-2014, 04:57 PM
What's the appeal of Mad Men? Looks like shite

Game of Thrones isn't better, it's average at best, people just have a boner for fantasy shite

niko
03-30-2014, 09:05 PM
I forgot to add spoiler signs, my bad.

Yeah, it had a 1.1, which was better than the Season 1 Finale.

The reviews and media buzz its getting have hoping it will get nominated at the Emmy's. If this thing gets nominated for something, anything, it will firmly plant it into the awareness of most TV critics, whose readers will then start giving it a chance. I really, really want this show to be renewed.

Whats your take on the episode only showing the end of "her"? I actually wanted to see the fight/chase, if only because she saw something that made her stop, which i believe could be Abigail... either dead or alive(only missing an ear).

Oh and Jack... he's shifting over to the Will side. Well, he was until Will got himself an envoy.
I thought it was better how they did it as it kept the suspense of what was there. It's worse that we didn't see it.

Jackass18
04-01-2014, 03:20 AM

The last 2 episodes of True Detective were great. I don't know what you're talking about. It's kind of hard to compare a show that only has 1 season to other shows, though. Not to mention it only has 8 episodes. I've never really been interested in Mad Men, the 1st season of Hannibal doesn't seem to be available on TV nor on the NBC website, and I'm currently watching GoT through for the 2nd time. The shows are quite different, so they are kind of difficult to compare. 1 is a gritty drama that focuses on 2 characters while the other is a fantasy show that has like 100 different characters. GoT might be better, but it also has 3 seasons and each season has more episodes.

SpecialQue
04-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Bumping this because I found an article from last year where showrunner Bryan Fuller lays out his seven-season plan for Hannibal:

[QUOTE]

ZeN
04-10-2014, 10:44 PM
This is what's stopping me from even getting into this show, as unfair as that sounds. I don't have faith in the major networks to put out interesting dramas. The feel and atmosphere of these shows seems so tame and superficial compared to what you'd see on HBO or Showtime.
This is one of the few shows that is great despite being a network show. The other being The Good Wife.

It really is quality material. As you watch you will forget that it's network when you see some of the things they get away with. It's a legitimate dark drama with quality writing and acting.

ZeN
04-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Also, no love for House of Cards?

Suguru101
04-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Bumping this because I found an article from last year where showrunner Bryan Fuller lays out his seven-season plan for Hannibal:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This dude knows what he's doing.

Btw, anybody has thoughts on Hannibal's 6th episode?

El Gato Negro
04-11-2014, 04:40 AM
I started watching hannibal because of this thread and have been pleasantly surprised, good show it'll hold me over till sons of anarchy starts back up. Every time i hear someone call game of thrones a good show i always think of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzC2DRgEo4&app=desktop

cos88
04-11-2014, 04:44 AM
so many good shows the past few years, don't know about if it is a top 3 show

Micku
04-11-2014, 05:26 AM
Oh. So, Hannibal is that good, huh? True Detective was awesome while it lasted. The last three episodes weren't as good as the first five tho. Episode 4 of True Detective is one of the best episodes I've seen in a while. I was so hyped after that episode.

Anyway, GoT is back on and things about to get crazy. If Hannibal is close to the level of GoT or True Detective, then I'm going to watch that ASAP. I do like Mad Men too. There are so many good shows lately. We're in the golden age of TV shows. At least cable TV.

TheReal Kendall
04-12-2014, 12:55 AM
This show just keeps getting better and better

mika
04-12-2014, 01:42 AM
:wtf: show keeps getting better and better.

Suguru101
04-12-2014, 01:58 AM
This show man... people just need to watch and appreciate.

Though i'm sad about the ending.

Anyways, my OP held up. Hannibal, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men(starting this sunday... though House of Cards could take it down) are the elite shows of TV.

SpecialQue
04-12-2014, 11:22 AM
This show man... people just need to watch and appreciate.

Though i'm sad about the ending.

Anyways, my OP held up. Hannibal, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men(starting this sunday... though House of Cards could take it down) are the elite shows of TV.

I was not expecting that ending AT ALL. What I find hilarious is that people are bitching that now it'll be impossible to do a "faithful" adaptation of Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs. As if the Miriam Lass story didn't completely change how Will discovers the truth about Hannibal.

Also, I'm really loving that we're seeing more of Hannibal the evil genius this season. Can't wait for Will to take this fvcker down. :bowdown:

Finally, from an acting standpoint, Fishburne and Chlumsky were ridiculously good.

Qwyjibo
04-12-2014, 11:42 AM
This is one of the few shows that is great despite being a network show. The other being The Good Wife.

It really is quality material. As you watch you will forget that it's network when you see some of the things they get away with. It's a legitimate dark drama with quality writing and acting.
Ok, I'll definitely check this show out. The Hannibal character is an interesting one but he still needs to be written well. I like Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon a lot but Hannibal was dull.

ZeN
04-25-2014, 05:10 PM
Ok, I'll definitely check this show out. The Hannibal character is an interesting one but he still needs to be written well. I like Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon a lot but Hannibal was dull.
It's the best hes been written IMO. Then again I find Hopkins overrated in how much he was lauded. The television show depicts his character as a shark rather than a killing hyena.

JohnStarks
04-25-2014, 05:22 PM
I dont watch any shows on network tv, they all suck including this garbage you are posting about

BigBoss
05-24-2014, 12:08 AM
:eek: :eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Greatest season finale EVER

Holy shit what did i just see.

16X
05-24-2014, 02:22 AM
That was pretty insane. Great ending to the season. My favourite show right now.

ItsMillerTime
05-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Watch Fargo on FX. Trust me, it's >>>

Lonely_Sandberg
05-24-2014, 04:18 AM
Best comedy on TV right now:
http://harkeraquila.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BrooklynNine-Nine2.jpg

Trollsmasher
05-24-2014, 05:12 AM
damn, I certainly did not expect him to kill/almost kill all of them:lol

creepingdeath
05-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Dayum, didn't expect that at all.

Suguru101
05-25-2014, 01:54 AM
This mother***ing show.....

And Du Maurier, the most exquisite character in the show, will now be thoroughly explored and showcased.

The only character i see surviving that end is Alana, and she's the least interesting. Jack probably is the one they will keep.

Will ran his course, but what an amazing character he was, and the performance put in by Dancy these 2 seasons are worthy of an Emmy.

I hope the show gets some nominations at least.

Hannibal as a character is the best villain i've seen. Hannibal as a show is firmly on the top 3 now, and there is a line between what Mad Men, Thrones and Hannibal are doing on the tv medium right now than any other show.

creepingdeath
05-25-2014, 04:04 AM

And Du Maurier, the most exquisite character in the show, will now be thoroughly explored and showcased.

The only character i see surviving that end is Alana, and she's the least interesting. Jack probably is the one they will keep.

Will ran his course, but what an amazing character he was, and the performance put in by Dancy these 2 seasons are worthy of an Emmy.

Hannibal as a character is the best villain i've seen. Hannibal as a show is firmly on the top 3 now, and there is a line between what Mad Men, Thrones and Hannibal are doing on the tv medium right now than any other show.
Nah man, Will is going to survive 100%. There's also a very good chance Jack survived. The two gals, on the other hand.. finito.

Suguru101
05-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Nah man, Will is going to survive 100%. There's also a very good chance Jack survived. The two gals, on the other hand.. finito.

But what would they do with Will now? Remember he is wanted by the FBI, and is going to prison. Doesn't make sense to bring him back, though i really enjoyed his character.

Jack makes the most sense, as he could possibly get a job in another city and keep trying to pull the strings to catch Hannibal.

Alana... I don't know. They may keep her alive and use her character more, instead of just having her as a well-dialogued prop.

I think Jack will survive.

mika
05-25-2014, 06:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HloTvsKh.jpg

Suguru101
05-25-2014, 07:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HloTvsKh.jpg

Why didn't she tell Jack! That is the part that bothers me.

Suguru101
06-04-2015, 07:44 PM
It's back tonight. :pimp:

Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Hannibal.

It looks to be that way again, though Thrones has faltered a bit.

niko
06-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Hannibal last year had the best finale of pretty much any show. It's a shame more people don't watch it.

Droid101
06-05-2015, 04:59 PM
Not a huge fan of this premier. Hopefully they keep it engaging moving forward.

Suguru101
06-05-2015, 05:09 PM
While plot-wise there wasn't much advancement, this episode was shot in a superb way. It looked like a movie at times. The soundtrack was great, and the dialogue, particularly during that dinner scene, was top notch.

Looking forward to the other main characters appearing. Though it's nice to be aware of where the Bedelia-Hannibal partnership stands.

Those flashbacks. Wow.

Droid101
06-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Oh absolutely, cinematographic excellence. Just not a lot of plot advancement, that's all.

Still looking forward to it. Underrated show.

Xover
06-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Soprano's set the bar and paved the way for modern TV show's

Trollsmasher
06-07-2015, 06:27 AM
while the cinematography was fantastic as always, I am starting to think that they are starting to overdo it with the slowmo liquid shots

ZeN
06-08-2015, 05:34 PM
Damn look at you and your hot takes...

Suguru101
06-08-2015, 05:53 PM

I am talking about current TV shows. Still airing.

With the end of Mad Men, the top 3 for me are:

Thrones (this season has been it's worst, but still good compared to other shows)

Hannibal

And as far as the 3rd, I'll wait for True Detective Season 2 before deciding between it and The Americans.

Droid101
06-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Interesting episode (last Thursday's). I really have no idea what way they're going to go with this. In the books Will is the one who ends up catching Hannibal, right? Will this lead to that or are they going to depart completely?

Also that animated torso-elk-heart thing was terrifying.

ZeN
06-17-2015, 04:42 PM
I am talking about current TV shows. Still airing.

With the end of Mad Men, the top 3 for me are:

Thrones (this season has been it's worst, but still good compared to other shows)

Hannibal

And as far as the 3rd, I'll wait for True Detective Season 2 before deciding between it and The Americans.
The Americans all things considered is better than true detective.

ZeN
06-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Interesting episode (last Thursday's). I really have no idea what way they're going to go with this. In the books Will is the one who ends up catching Hannibal, right? Will this lead to that or are they going to depart completely?

Also that animated torso-elk-heart thing was terrifying.
The shows is currently the epitome of narrative ambiguity.

ZeN
06-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Hopefully tonights episode is limited in overall wtf's..

Graviton
06-18-2015, 08:05 PM
I hate their use of slow mo visual effects with that annoying music, please no more. I know they are trying to show how Will feels inside, but god damn half of Season 3 has been torture, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

ZeN
06-18-2015, 10:26 PM
I hate their use of slow mo visual effects with that annoying music, please no more. I know they are trying to show how Will feels inside, but god damn half of Season 3 has been torture, it's like nails on a chalkboard.
Unfortunately for you, the entire season is going to be literally shot that way. American Gods will probably utilize similar effects as well.

Graviton
06-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately for you, the entire season is going to be literally shot that way. American Gods will probably utilize similar effects as well.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????????????????????

Suguru101
06-18-2015, 10:48 PM
"What if no one died, what if we all just... left together?"

That line is just... man.

It was also when i knew.

Will has to catch him, i know, but i wonder, if he were given the chance to choose again...

Pazzi seems to be well acted and amusing character, hopefully GOT syndrome does not reach Hannibal.

Episode 3 seems like the verging of storylines, or at least, Jack and Alana will show up.

Suguru101
06-18-2015, 10:51 PM
The Americans all things considered is better than true detective.

I've read about The Americans being top flight. Have the pilot downloaded, will give it a watch.

And True Detective was truly great for those first 4 episodes, then the had to reign in the plot, and settle on a (lacking)villain, and things fell off the course.

Still have hopes for season 2, though Greenwald from Grantlant seems to think it's dryer and has less of the panache/mysticism of Season 1. And that's what helped elevate that show so much.

ZeN
06-18-2015, 11:16 PM
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????????????????????
Because Bryan Fuller.

Graviton
06-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Because Bryan Fuller.
Oh God the guy that did Heroes? Now it all makes sense. He loves those ****ing sound effects. :lol

ZeN
06-18-2015, 11:20 PM
"What if on one died, what if we all just... left together?"

That line is just... man.

It was also when i knew.

Will has to catch him, i know, but i wonder, if he were given the chance to choose again...

Pazzi seems to be well acted and amusing character, hopefully GOT syndrome does not reach Hannibal.

Episode 3 seems like the verging of storylines, or at least, Jack and Alana will show up.
According to Fuller they are treating this season once again as if its the last one. Since the start they pretty much have been in fear that NBC will pull the plug. He says they have another drop the mic finale for the third season even better than the one from season two. Which is reassuring because wed hate to see the show end without some sort of resolute conclusion. The ratings have been low so this could likely be the last go round.

ZeN
06-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Oh God the guy that did Heroes? Now it all makes sense. He loves those ****ing sound effects. :lol
This explains so much.

I didn't realize that he was involved with Heroes.

ZeN
06-18-2015, 11:32 PM
I've read about The Americans being top flight. Have the pilot downloaded, will give it a watch.

And True Detective was truly great for those first 4 episodes, then the had to reign in the plot, and settle on a (lacking)villain, and things fell off the course.

Still have hopes for season 2, though Greenwald from Grantlant seems to think it's dryer and has less of the panache/mysticism of Season 1. And that's what helped elevate that show so much.
Give it a few episodes before you pass judgement on The Americans. Some find it difficult to get use to them often wearing wigs and being Russian protagonist for some reason. Once you get accustomed to the beats of the narrative, it will be all good. Each season builds to a satisfying conclusion. The spy world building is pretty great as well.

I liked True Detective a lot myself. Its just different in comparison to a show like the Americans that has extensive character depth due to it being several seasons deep. Its too bad that not a lot of people are watching it, theres a lot of great performances in it, that aren't getting their due.

ZeN
06-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Season starting out very shaky. Its plainly evident that they're budget has been slashed considerably. They are limiting their scene backgrounds and keeping everything as dark as possible. Im guessing its less about artistic choices, and more about financial ones.

FatComputerNerd
06-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Still didn't watch past the first half of S01E01.

Once I run out of stuff to watch I'll give it a go if it's really that good.

Suguru101
06-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Season starting out very shaky. Its plainly evident that they're budget has been slashed considerably. They are limiting their scene backgrounds and keeping everything as dark as possible. Im guessing its less about artistic choices, and more about financial ones.

Probably the cost of recording in Italy factors in. Also, they were recording inside that church, so probably they had a time limit.

Will's story for me hasn't been as strong as Hannibal's, apart of course from the Abigail conversation. That was great.

But Hannibal and Bedelia is just superb dialogue.

ZeN
06-20-2015, 09:37 PM
Probably the cost of recording in Italy factors in. Also, they were recording inside that church, so probably they had a time limit.

Will's story for me hasn't been as strong as Hannibal's, apart of course from the Abigail conversation. That was great.

But Hannibal and Bedelia is just superb dialogue.
I agree, i still like it. Feel its better than your typical show. The dialog is great. I just hope they find a way to be dynamic with bright imagry as they are currently doing with noir opaque darkness.

FatComputerNerd
06-22-2015, 07:28 PM
http://tvline.com/2015/06/22/hannibal-cancelled-nbc-season-4/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/22/hannibal-cancelled-by-nbc

ZeN
06-22-2015, 08:29 PM
This cancellation shouldn't have come as a surprise..

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-03-2015, 01:51 AM
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png

best show since Breaking Bad EASILY. If it keeps up this pace and quality itll go down top 5 eva evaaaaaa:applause: :applause:

Black excellence. Jack w. that BMore beatdown we dont play that fcksht ova here:applause: :applause:

GIF REACTION
07-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Agreed, this show is just insane

Morpheus doing WORK son.

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2015, 11:33 AM
I haven't seen it, but looking at Fargo's and True Detective's ratings, this should probably be rated a bit higher than 8.7 IN CONTRAST to the just mentioned.

GIF REACTION
07-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen it, but looking at Fargo's and True Detective's ratings, this should probably be rated a bit higher than 8.7 IN CONTRAST to the just mentioned.
Definitely watch it

Starts off a little slow as it sets the stage and puts the pieces together, but by the 2nd half of the 1st season it has been AWESOME stuff. Probably the deepest, thought provoking tv series I have ever watched. It's just such a psychological masterpiece. At times it's a slow burn with the over-arsty, pretentious style, but it makes the plot that much better. Not to mention the execution of the plot is 2nd to none.

Best show easily at the moment...

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Definitely watch it

Starts off a little slow as it sets the stage and puts the pieces together, but by the 2nd half of the 1st season it has been AWESOME stuff. Probably the deepest, thought provoking tv series I have ever watched. It's just such a psychological masterpiece. At times it's a slow burn with the over-arsty, pretentious style, but it makes the plot that much better. Not to mention the execution of the plot is 2nd to none.

Best show easily at the moment...

so.much.to.watch... :oldlol:

I still gotta see a few Lost episodes, and really just started GoT.. this show def looks intriguing though.

GIF REACTION
07-03-2015, 11:48 AM
so.much.to.watch... :oldlol:

I still gotta see a few Lost episodes, and really just started GoT.. this show def looks intriguing though.
Yeah no rush we are only just about half way through season 3 and IMO watching stuff all at once is so much better than waiting a week

ArbitraryWater
07-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Yeah no rush we are only just about half way through season 3 and IMO watching stuff all at once is so much better than waiting a week

yes sir, binge watching >> (its also really all ive ever done)

Suguru101
07-03-2015, 08:15 PM
The plot advanced substantially in this episode. It didn't linger as much as the first four.

Alana and Mason, against all odds, really have good chemistry together, and are more interesting than apart. Or it could just be the dirtiness of Mason making Alana more interesting than she is.

Seriously though, "spitters are quitters, and you don't strike me as a quitter". :roll:

The dialogue between Bedelia and Hannibal continues to be top notch. I will be so, so sad if she doesn't make it through this season, Bedelia Du Maurier has been a fantastically acted character.

Hannibal and Jack. Wow. And the music elevated it all.

CarlosBoozer
07-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Loved the first two seasons, season 3 is great too but I'm constantly falling asleep every time I watch an episode for some reason, will need to rewatch the last two eps again :lol

Droid101
07-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Damn just watched E5. Spoil: Watching Jack kick the shit out of Hannibal was more satisfying than it should have been.

Mirror
07-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Does this end well? Or did it end on a cliff hanger before getting cancelled?

Dbrog
07-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Finishing season 2 right now...I can honestly say this is one of the GOAT shows. If you haven't seen it, watch it now. There are certainly some big faults (characters doing really stupid things) but it doesn't take away from the psychological aspect of the story, which is the real masterpiece anyway. I guess another thing to keep in mind is I've always been a huge Hannibal fan going back to Silence.

Droid101
07-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Does this end well? Or did it end on a cliff hanger before getting cancelled?
Season three is still ongoing, and from the look of it, it's going to end spectacularly.

Each season so far has ended with a "This could be a series or season finale" and they were both great endings.

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Damn, that shit with those people he turned into 'Angels' was pretty disgusting... the cinematography on this show is amazing.

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2015, 12:17 AM
When Hannibal told Miriam he would get some of the detail journeys the time he worked as doctor and had Jeremy Olmstead as patient

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png

scariest episode so far

Suguru101
07-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Best episode of the Season.

Bedelia is a boss.

Jack and Will were awesome.

Mason Verger has some of the most amusing dialogue i've ever seen in a show this season. Just excellent.

Margo and Alana :applause:

And of course, that table scene. My goodness.

This show is going to ride into the sunset one of the biggest creative outputs TV has ever seen. The cinematography combined with the dialogue, the performances.

Hannibal, i tip my cap.

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2015, 03:02 PM
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png

Suguru101
07-11-2015, 03:07 PM
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.pnghttp://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png

What now? :roll:

Suguru101
07-11-2015, 03:10 PM
When Hannibal told Miriam he would get some of the detail journeys the time he worked as doctor and had Jeremy Olmstead as patient

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/damn.png

scariest episode so far

Oh yes, that scene was :eek:

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2015, 05:55 PM
What now? :roll:

:lol I'll try to explain later.. soo good. Gonna try to cap this first season off tonight or tommorow.

edit: started with the second season on 2015/2/5 lol... now watched 6 eps last 2 days. shits crazy

ArbitraryWater
02-11-2016, 05:29 PM

as I'm done with season 2 I'm reading through this, and surprised at you thinking they let Will die :oldlol: :facepalm tf bro.. you're smarter than that, I thought

edit: looks like im the only one in dis bich