PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Derrick Rose be back in time for the playoffs?

russwest0
03-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Russell Westbrook, when he got the same injury, went down on April 24th, and came back the 3rd game of the regular season the following season on November 3rd. This is roughly 6 months and 10 days of missed time.

Derrick Rose went down November 22nd. If we add 6 months and 10 days to this date, that leaves him returning at roughly May 1st, OR, the 2nd round of the playoffs where right now the Bulls would be matched up with the Pacers, a team they could absolutely beat in 7 with Rose in the picture.

Anyone have a good answer for this? Don't want to hear about the ACL injury since he recovered fully from that. Westbrook got 3 knee surgeries in 6 months and is still out there today playing the best basketball of his life.

Fire Colangelo
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Guy does not deserve to be compared to the likes of Westbrook.

MavsSuperFan
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Russell Westbrook, when he got the same injury, went down on April 24th, and came back the 3rd game of the regular season the following season on November 3rd. This is roughly 6 months and 10 days of missed time.

Derrick Rose went down November 22nd. If we add 6 months and 10 days to this date, that leaves him returning at roughly May 1st, OR, the 2nd round of the playoffs where right now the Bulls would be matched up with the Pacers, a team they could absolutely beat in 7 with Rose in the picture.

Anyone have a good answer for this? Don't want to hear about the ACL injury since he recovered fully from that. Westbrook got 3 knee surgeries in 6 months and is still out there today playing the best basketball of his life.
How many more years does rose have on his max contract?

russwest0
03-25-2014, 02:05 PM

I'll definitely agree if he doesn't play in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Sitting out a whole year and a half for an ACL injury, and then a whole year for a meniscus tear? Being injury prone is one thing, but straight up sitting out while able to play is another.

jimmy77x
03-25-2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/files/2013/05/derrick-rose-statue.jpg

red1
03-25-2014, 02:16 PM
westbrook and rose are not the same breed. only lebron is in that westbrook category of physical excellence

KyrieTheFuture
03-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Why can't I be MVP?

TheMan
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm a Bulls but that pic made me laugh

imdaman99
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
You can't compare his competitive spirit and desire to play to Westbrook's, it's just not fair.

Dude needs to play already. Play in the fcking playoffs for fcks sake. I don't care if you suck or are terrible, you already have an excuse. Your team needs Willis Reed type motivation from you if all you can do is dress up and step out there for a few minutes.

HoopsFanNumero1
03-25-2014, 02:20 PM
We're talking about Rose here. He might even skip all of next season.

Fire Colangelo
03-25-2014, 02:22 PM
I'll definitely agree if he doesn't play in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

Sitting out a whole year and a half for an ACL injury, and then a whole year for a meniscus tear? Being injury prone is one thing, but straight up sitting out while able to play is another.

Honestly, I really like rose's game but this shit is pissing me off. This guy is the definition of a mental midget. Look at how guys like Westbrook, Livingston, Grant Hill, etc who suffered serious injuries worked so hard to get back to the game while Rose sits at home skittles. When Yao Ming broke his foot he was practicing freethrows on a wheelchair :facepalm

russwest0
03-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Honestly, I really like rose's game but this shit is pissing me off. This guy is the definition of a mental midget. Look at how guys like Westbrook, Livingston, Grant Hill, etc who suffered serious injuries worked so hard to get back to the game while Rose sits at home skittles. When Yao Ming broke his foot he was practicing freethrows on a wheelchair :facepalm

Yup, it's clear even while out with injury Westbrook got a TON of shots up to work on his shooting. Has been shooting like 42% from 3pt land since returning after the all star break.

Shit is annoying to me too. He should have came back last year in the playoffs and at the very least got a rhythm going heading into the offseason. Instead he waits until the preseason, gets like 30 minutes a game there, has his coming out party destroying 2nd units, and then gets hurt in the regular season again, and is going to sit out longer than he needs to to miss the playoffs AGAIN.

It comes to a point where you have to ask, what are you playing for?

Westbrook even finished off the 2nd half of the game that he tore his meniscus in, because it's the playoffs and it's win or go home. It's where the true stars of this league show up and right now it's becoming hard to consider Rose a star when he sits out because of some weak ass "Muscle memory" excuse and for whatever reason he will this year. Westbrook could be barely able to walk and would still try to give it a go.

riseagainst
03-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Derrick Rose is a choker, mental midget, and most importantly, a bad role model for all the young-aspiring basketball players. Dude is done.

zoom17
03-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Derrick Rose is a choker, mental midget, and most importantly, a bad role model for all the young-aspiring basketball players. Dude is done.

that's a little too much.

TheMan
03-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Did he bang your sister, why so much salt?

STATUTORY
03-25-2014, 02:36 PM
the entire Derrick Rose persona and superstar status is a media creation

the media was desperate for this guy to be a success from the otherwise bleak and down right apocalyptic streets of chicago

mehyaM24
03-25-2014, 02:36 PM
rose should leave chicago and join a serious contender. yeah sure, he may not be the brightest kid in the world(and is somewhat overrated), but he deserves better. A LOT better.

Boarder Patrol
03-25-2014, 03:01 PM
JR Smith was reported to tear his meniscus (AND had a torn patellar tendon) in game 4 vs. Boston, and he was back the 6th game of the regular season.

Not that JR isn't awful, but you get my idea.

nathanjizzle
03-25-2014, 03:40 PM
actually, their are reports that the bulls are expecting rose to return in the playoffs.

pegasus
03-25-2014, 04:29 PM
If we make it to the 2nd round, and if Rose is cleared to play, but he chooses not to, I will be very disappointed in him as a Bulls fan.

He can get healthy all he wants by the beginning of next season, but there's no guarantee he'll be healthy by the playoffs. Play when you can.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
The guy has barely played in 3 years and his haters are still mad as fvck :bowdown:

Pointguard
03-25-2014, 09:10 PM
The guy has barely played in 3 years and his haters are still mad as fvck :bowdown:

Yes, Rose will come back when he is ready to comeback. Its amazing that the OP's team should be right there at the brink of having its breakthrough year for championship and he's talking about Rose who hasn't been healthy in years. Either his priorities are totally schrewed, or D Rose owns him. or he's deflecting because he's scared to death about Westbrook in the playoffs.

This is that Buddadiii guy.

SpecialQue
03-25-2014, 09:15 PM
He's done.

JUDGE WITNESS
03-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Either his priorities are totally schrewed, or D Rose owns him. or he's deflecting because he's scared to death about Westbrook in the playoffs.

or people actually want to see d rose play

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 09:27 PM
People do, OP wants to see him fail

Jameerthefear
03-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Derrick Rose is a p*ssy.

Fudge
03-25-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm more of a fan of Rose than a hater, but he is quite the bitch. :facepalm

Dude's such a weak-minded fcuk.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Derrick Rose is a p*ssy.
You haven't been close to a real pvssy ever since your mother made the huge mistake of bringing your sorry a$$ into this world so i think we will ignore your take on that.

Drawn up manga pvssies don't count, BTW

russwest0
03-25-2014, 09:38 PM
People do, OP wants to see him fail

I have a vested interest because I'd prefer Miami have a tougher road to the Finals, thus I want him healthy. Thats not wanting to see him fail at all. It's wanting to see him quit being a beta bitch and man up and play in the playoffs when his team needs him.

Noah was hobbling around on one leg and playing for the Bulls in the playoffs last year. Yet Rose sits out because of "muscle memory" :facepalm

Rose'sACL
03-25-2014, 09:40 PM
unless rose can play 10 games on limited minutes before second round, i don't think he should return.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 09:41 PM
I have a vested interest because I'd prefer Miami have a tougher road to the Finals, thus I want him healthy. Thats not wanting to see him fail at all. It's wanting to see him quit being a beta bitch and man up and play in the playoffs when his team needs him.

Noah was hobbling around on one leg and playing for the Bulls in the playoffs last year. Yet Rose sits out because of "muscle memory" :facepalm
You have no idea of his health status yet you claim he is a b

buddha
03-25-2014, 09:43 PM
hid mudles fogot how da pay badeskball

Jameerthefear
03-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Basketbolero just can't accept that his favorite player is a mentally weak p*ssy. It's hilarious. Dude doesn't not care about the Bulls, the fans, or basketball in general just sitting on his ass and collecting checks.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Basketbolero just can't accept that his favorite player is a mentally weak p*ssy. It's hilarious. Dude doesn't not care about the Bulls, the fans, or basketball in general just sitting on his ass and collecting checks.
you really need to step up your trolling kid, trying so hard doesn't help.

Go play with your manga dolls while you think about it. Come back to me when you are ready for real talk.

russwest0
03-25-2014, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Basketbolero]You have no idea of his health status yet you claim he is a b

coin24
03-25-2014, 09:53 PM
You think a rusty as fu*k rose is going to help the bulls in the 2nd round? They're doing pretty well without him, if anything he'll make them worse coming in cold in the middle of the playoffs..

Is he even training now? Any updates?

HoopsFanNumero1
03-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Even if he's healthy enough to come back, why do you assume his play would actually help the Bulls? We all saw him play at the beginning of the season. His jumper was completely broke.

Pointguard
03-25-2014, 10:44 PM

So if your team is on the brink of making history, the first time in the city ever, and your priority is wonder when a guy who hasn't been playing in two years is a constant concern? I mean is your team is that devoid of excitement that you have to preoccupy your mind on the health of a guy you have absolutely no concern for. Really?

Pointguard
03-25-2014, 11:08 PM
You think a rusty as fu*k rose is going to help the bulls in the 2nd round? They're doing pretty well without him, if anything he'll make them worse coming in cold in the middle of the playoffs..

Their hate for Rose has totally blinded them. They have no chance of seeing what you wrote.

Why can't I be MVP?
I think this is where all the hate and name calling stems from. Rose got up one morning, when he was 22 years old and said I'm going to be the best in the world and went out and did it. Nobody else had ever done it as such a young age: so how dare he even think that. Its only his third year, with a new team, new coach, the team is young... how dare he have such high and lofty goals? Who is he to think he could do that when the great Lebron, Kobe, Wade and Dwight Howard are playing?

As much as this makes him a hero to the many who want it for themselves like that, its hell for those who can't think like that. Who can't even wake up and say "why can't I look on the good side of things."

Jameerthefear
03-25-2014, 11:13 PM
The funny thing is Rose didn't even deserve his MVP. He wasn't even a top 5 player when he won it. Lmao.

Purch
03-25-2014, 11:24 PM
http://www.circleculture-gallery.com/imagecache/b7/21/aaron_rose_muscle_memory_2010_ars_9_550x410_q80.jp g

coin24
03-25-2014, 11:30 PM
The funny thing is Rose didn't even deserve his MVP. He wasn't even a top 5 player when he won it. Lmao.

Certainly wasn't Dwert

Jameerthefear
03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Certainly wasn't Dwert
Dwight was a more impactful player than Rose that season.

SillyRabbit
03-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Lol @ thinking Rose is in the same league as Westbrook when it comes to athleticism, determination, passion, or heart.

Come to think about it, he's not even on Westbrooks level in terms of skill anymore either.

Pointguard
03-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Dwight was a more impactful player than Rose that season.
Dwight lost his team that year because he didn't stand up for them. You don't know what valuable means if you thought it was Dwight. In fact it puts you in a bad position to judge Rose.

russwest0
03-26-2014, 12:03 AM

Refer to Westbrook when he came back. He looked like 75% of his normal self for like two games and then looked fine after that. If anything they could bring Rose off the bench to provide a spark.

That whole "Can't come back, you'll be rusty" mindset is beta as hell. Kobe didn't have that ***** ass mindset, and he's a 5 time champ as a result. You want to be considered the best, (which D Rose said he was) you better be DYING to get back out on that court, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

Pointguard
Lol @ thinking Rose is in the same league as Westbrook when it comes to athleticism, determination, passion, or heart.

Come to think about it, he's not even on Westbrooks level in terms of skill anymore either.
Thus, the screen-name.

Jameerthefear
Dwight lost his team that year because he didn't stand up for them. You don't know what valuable means if you thought it was Dwight. In fact it puts you in a bad position to judge Rose.
what? what the hell are you talking about? dwight in 2011 was the better player as well as more valuable

Upgrayedd
03-26-2014, 12:05 AM
If the Bulls looked like real contenders, I think Rose would/should come back this season. But they're not. I love how great this team is playing with all the problems they've had. But they'll probably get eliminated in the second round. Even with Rose. There's no point in having him come back this season.

It's not like last season. I was criticizing Rose and the Bulls after they kept on teasing us saying that Rose could be back. And he was medically cleared. With this injury, the Bulls are handling things better. Thibs is constantly saying that Rose isn't anywhere near ready to go through full practices.

The best thing for Rose would be to sit out the season, play this summer with Team USA, go through training camp and preseason and hopefully he'll shake off some of that rust this time and be more prepared for a return than last time.

People who are saying that Rose is done are being absolutely ridiculous. Everyone says look at Westbrook. Yeah, but Westbrook isn't being smart about these injuries. He keeps coming back, then getting hurt rather than sit out and come back at 100%.

We saw this past preseason and the first 8 or 9 games or however many Rose did play in the regular season that his athleticism was still there. He didn't look like the ACL injury slowed him down at all. There was some rust. But he would have probably gotten over that quickly. This is an injury on a different knee. I have no doubt he'll return and be as athletic as ever.

But he needs to change his style of play. I know even hardcore Bulls fans are trying to deny that. But it's true. He has to play smarter, pass more, improve his jump shot.

Upgrayedd
03-26-2014, 12:09 AM

And if Rose sits this season out, comes back and has a great career while Westbrook continues to have knee problems because he rushes back people will be saying it was a smart move to keep Rose out and get him at 100%.

Upgrayedd
03-26-2014, 12:14 AM

Yeah, let's look at Grant Hill and Yao Ming. Grant Hill came back too soon and was never the same player. Yao Ming rushed back and had to retire soon after.

Westbrook is playing fine right now. And who knows he might be 100% now. But if he continues to have knee problems from not fully recovering people are going to be saying it was stupid of Westbrook to come back too early from these injuries.

Upgrayedd
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM
actually, their are reports that the bulls are expecting rose to return in the playoffs.

No there aren't. The Bulls came out yesterday and said Rose is done for the season.

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Refer to Westbrook when he came back. He looked like 75% of his normal self for like two games and then looked fine after that. If anything they could bring Rose off the bench to provide a spark.

That whole "Can't come back, you'll be rusty" mindset is beta as hell. Kobe didn't have that ***** ass mindset, and he's a 5 time champ as a result.

OKC is still recovering from Westbrooks re-entry. They have the best record in the league without question without him coming back. Westbrook isnt the leader on his team. He is the full time Beta that throws off the Alpha. If you think Beta is determined by injuries, that is absolutely a hater Beta perspective. I told you before Westbrook, got hurt the first time, that your negative vibes would come back to haunt you. Rose left the game outplaying every PG he faced that year - that's alpha blood. Nobody has filled the void the last two years - except CP3. Alpha's step up, not down and out the conversation. Westbrook has had a lot of time to fill the void. That should be your focus.

If you think downing Rose is the only way Westbrook can get light, that means he can't do it on the same scale as Rose. If Roses injuries are being talked about and number 1 has been vacated two years ago, Westbrook has to make his moves now: Westbrook is in his prime. Wall is going to take it in this years playoffs and if not Wall, Curry will. Kyrie has replaced Rose in the moves department. Lillard had the clutch gene. Rose should be the least of your worries, cause if Westbrook doesn't make the move this year he only has a two year window to claim it.

JUDGE WITNESS
03-26-2014, 12:39 AM
So if your team is on the brink of making history, the first time in the city ever, and your priority is wonder when a guy who hasn't been playing in two years is a constant concern? I mean is your team is that devoid of excitement that you have to preoccupy your mind on the health of a guy you have absolutely no concern for. Really?
so you cannot be excited for your city and at the same time worry about a player from another team's health (who just so happens to be one of the best players in the league)?

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 12:51 AM
what? what the hell are you talking about? dwight in 2011 was the better player as well as more valuable
Dude, Dwight disappeared after March 1st. Rose and the team took a commanding lead on Orlando while Dwight was getting suspended and loosing to the teams that overcame them in the race.

Dwight made a living off of scrubby teams. Rose was waaaay more valuable against elite teams. Dominating them after Dec. 13th not losing one game to any of them. Dwight found new ways to lose. Didn't even volunteer to guard the one center in the league that had moves when the race got hot. DMC lit Orlando up for 26 or 28 points.

Dwight had real leadership crisis. When Lebron told Dwight's boss he was coming to town to crap on his team and scored 51 on them, the owner broke up the band wussies. Then Lebron claimed Rose the MVP. You don't get the MVP by being punked and losing your team. Rose was way more valuable as a leader.

Dwight didn't get five votes and wouldn't have gotten them if he wasn't having a contract year coming up. Sorry, he was an example of how not to win an MVP. Great stats and play on both sides of the ball but wasn't there when needed and wasn't a leader. He has yet to disprove this til this day.

mugiwara
03-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Rose had a different surgery to westbrook. Ignorant ****s.

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 12:58 AM
so you cannot be excited for your city and at the same time worry about a player from another team's health (who just so happens to be one of the best players in the league)?

Ok, I am talking to the op under a different name? He has never said Rose was a best player in the league. He has only shown disdain for Rose, much less concern for his health. Its a hater's ball game. I could see if this was the off season but the season is over in three weeks. The playoffs are shaping up, this is critical time and the first time a new franchise is really right there and ready to win it all. And you think hating on a player should be a priority at this time. What is this place coming to?

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 01:02 AM

Now if we could speak Hater, then this might work.

Jameerthefear
03-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Dude, Dwight disappeared after March 1st. Rose and the team took a commanding lead on Orlando while Dwight was getting suspended and loosing to the teams that overcame them in the race.

Dwight made a living off of scrubby teams. Rose was waaaay more valuable against elite teams. Dominating them after Dec. 13th not losing one game to any of them. Dwight found new ways to lose. Didn't even volunteer to guard the one center in the league that had moves when the race got hot. DMC lit Orlando up for 26 or 28 points.

Dwight had real leadership crisis. When Lebron told Dwight's boss he was coming to town to crap on his team and scored 51 on them, the owner broke up the band wussies. Then Lebron claimed Rose the MVP. You don't get the MVP by being punked and losing your team. Rose was way more valuable as a leader.

Dwight didn't get five votes and wouldn't have gotten them if he wasn't having a contract year coming up. Sorry, he was an example of how not to win an MVP. Great stats and play on both sides of the ball but wasn't there when needed and wasn't a leader. He has yet to disprove this til this day.
Rose isn't a fvcking leader. Stop. Noah is and has always been the leader of the Bulls, so to criticize Dwight for something Rose is far from is retarded. Dwight was good vs. elite teams too. I think you just pulled that out of your ass. Dwight in 2011 was literally better than Rose has ever been. Rose is overrated as hell. Dude wasn't even a top 5 player when he won the award. Disappeared in the month of March? What the actualy **** are you talking about?

JUDGE WITNESS
03-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Ok, I am talking to the op under a different name? He has never said Rose was a best player in the league. He has only shown disdain for Rose, much less concern for his health. Its a hater's ball game. I could see if this was the off season but the season is over in three weeks. The playoffs are shaping up, this is critical time and the first time a new franchise is really right there and ready to win it all. And you think hating on a player should be a priority. What are this place coming to?
i dont know where youre getting the "hating" from when the op even said he wanted the heat to have a tougher road to the finals. i guess he was hating on the heat then? nevertheless, you came in a little hostile which i guess i cant blame you for given the ops tendency to delude himself

and no i am not him

russwest0
03-26-2014, 01:06 AM

No he didn't. He got the meniscus reattached just like Westbrook did.

And Westbrook actually had a loose stitch problem with his surgery that forced him to get ANOTHER surgery. And he STILL came back in 6 months.

If Rose doesn't come back for the playoffs, he's a bitch. Period.

Upgrayedd
03-26-2014, 01:13 AM

And Westbrook actually had a loose stitch problem with his surgery that forced him to get ANOTHER surgery. And he STILL came back in 6 months.

Westbrook came back with an entire season to get ready for the playoffs. Rose would be coming back at the end of the season or during the playoffs. It would make no sense at that point. The only way Rose should play this season is if the Bulls are good enough and make it to the NBA Finals.

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 01:41 AM
Rose isn't a fvcking leader. Stop. Noah is and has always been the leader of the Bulls, so to criticize Dwight for something Rose is far from is retarded. Dwight was good vs. elite teams too. I think you just pulled that out of your ass. Dwight in 2011 was literally better than Rose has ever been. Rose is overrated as hell. Dude wasn't even a top 5 player when he won the award. Disappeared in the month of March? What the actualy **** are you talking about?

:lol Wow, you don't read, seriously get your act together.
Rose outscored Dwight in the paint in Orlando's biggest game that year in the stretch run. Plus Dwight got suspended for the next game.

On the leadership part:

"He's not going to change. He's better at dealing with the spotlight than before, but all he really cares about are his teammates and winning. That's what a leader is." - Deng

"Once again, I think they have got the MVP of the league. That kid has come into his own. He has matured quite a bit. When he came into the league, everybody said he had speed, he could get to the rim, but he can't shoot. Now he can shoot—the three, as well as pull-up shots. He has very few flaws. "
-- Michael Jordan on Derrick Rose

"Chicago's Derrick Rose is clearly the MVP in my mind. I've had the opportunity to watch him play every night and I'm very high on the way he's developed as a leader. Now, his team is playing towards a 60-win season. He's been spectacular."
-- Scottie Pippen on Derrick Rose

"Derrick has been tremendous down the stretch of games. What separates him from the other contenders for MVP is when you look at the Bulls' overall success. His winning attitude has become contagious. He's made great strides defensively, giving the same effort on that end of the floor as he does offensively. He gets better every night because he's so competitive. He stepped up on defense and his team has followed. That's the definition of leadership."
-- Scottie Pippen on Derrick Rose

"Derrick is playing extremely well. He's definitely probably the MVP of this league. This guy had 30 (points) and 17 (assists against Milwaukee on March 26). He can affect this game by scoring and also by his teammates. He is just going to get better, which is going to be a lot of fun to watch. I think he has all of the tools to be one of the best that played the game."
-- 10-time NBA All-Star Jason Kidd

"He has stepped up and is now one of the best players in the league. I think he is a worthy MVP this year."
-- Steve Nash

"LeBron has won the last two [MVP awards]. He is my teammate, but Derrick has had a phenomenal season. Just looking at what he has done with the team and their record, how improved they are as a team and how much improved he is as a player. I think it's close, but I think I would give it to Derrick if I were a voter."
-- Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh

"He's playing well, like he's the best point guard in the league and the best player in the league. He's the most valuable player if you really think about it. If you take him out of the lineup, there is no telling what you get."
-- Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh

"Derrick is having a great year. I don't have a vote, but of course Derrick is one of the guys who is a front-runner. He's got to finish out this year strong. Of course, I believe LeBron is a front-runner as well. Those two guys are the leaders of the MVP run. I'm going to be biased and choose my teammate. There's no question about it."
-- Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade

"Like I always keep saying, with team success comes individual accolades. D-Rose is having an unbelievable season. He's doing everything and more to help this team be a contender. There is no way you can mention the MVP race without mentioning his name."
-- Miami Heat forward LeBron James

"Hard working, good looking, no chest thumping, and modest demeanor; just a class act. All of that on top of his phenomenal play. He has taken a monster leap this year. What's really great about him is that he seems to love the pressure in putting his team on his back. He has the character and the demeanor to do that. Superstars have that character and leadership gene."
-- San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich

"I would imagine that just out of the blue that Derrick Rose is going to be the guy. That team is what, first in the East right now, or tied? He's literally vaulted that team up on his shoulders by [Carlos] Boozer being out the first month and a half or so. I would say just on pure ‘one guy', individually, he's probably going to get a lot of votes."
-- Los Angeles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson

"I think [it's] Derrick Rose. What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball."
-- Two-time MVP (2009, 2010) and seven-time NBA All-Star LeBron James

"You look at what he's done with his team, it's tough to argue D-Rose isn't the MVP."
-- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love

Thanks to Sdac for most of the quotes.

Noah was scolded by Bulls brass for not stepping up that year. I don't know where you got the idea Noah was the leader of the team. But you don't read.

Please find me an quote talking about Dwight's leadership in a positive way. And only a few nut cases on here had him as MVP along with Orlando journalist that knew they had to try to keep him in Orlando.

Jameerthefear
03-26-2014, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE=Pointguard]:lol Wow, you don't read, seriously get your act together.
Rose outscored Dwight in the paint in Orlando's biggest game that year in the stretch run.

On the leadership part:

"He's not going to change. He's better at dealing with the spotlight than before, but all he really cares about are his teammates and winning. That's what a leader is." - Deng

"Once again, I think they have got the MVP of the league. That kid has come into his own. He has matured quite a bit. When he came into the league, everybody said he had speed, he could get to the rim, but he can't shoot. Now he can shoot

mugiwara
03-26-2014, 01:55 AM

Didnt realise russ had the repair my bad.

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 01:56 AM
Yep. All that bullshit and where is the "leader" and "MVP" now huh? Sitting and eating skittles on the bench. I'll admit though, Rose sure sold himself to the media. He did that well at least.
:lol
I didn't quote the media. I quoted the two greatest coaches ever. The greatest player ever other HOF point guards, peers and a teammate.

All you will get is Stan Van Gundy's quote for DH. And Gundy had serious character issues with Dwight.

TheMilkyBarKid
03-26-2014, 02:08 AM

You seem pissed that Westbrook still hasn't reached Rose's heights despite Rose sitting out the last 2 seasons.

Jameerthefear
03-26-2014, 02:11 AM
You seem pissed that Westbrook still hasn't reached Rose's heights despite Rose sitting out the last 2 seasons.
Rose's "heights"
What the fvck has Rose accomplished besides winning an MVP that he shouldn't have?

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Rose's "heights"
What the fvck has Rose accomplished besides winning an MVP that he shouldn't have?

Its only you and a few haters on this board that think like that. Lebron, Wade and Kobe - the three best players in the game spoke about it.

The best player ever, the two best coaches probably ever, and voting was a massive landslide. Kill the noise.

PsychoBe
03-26-2014, 02:23 AM
jameer meltdown incoming

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 03:34 AM
i dont know where youre getting the "hating" from when the op even said he wanted the heat to have a tougher road to the finals. i guess he was hating on the heat then? nevertheless, you came in a little hostile which i guess i cant blame you for given the ops tendency to delude himself

and no i am not him
You don't obsess yourself with two threads within hours of each other with countless negative innuendos. Are you reading his threads or even this thread? A child can tell his motive. But I do find your efforts to confuse this funny. So please explain his other thread about the injury?

BlackVVaves
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Their hate for Rose has totally blinded them. They have no chance of seeing what you wrote.

I think this is where all the hate and name calling stems from. Rose got up one morning, when he was 22 years old and said I'm going to be the best in the world and went out and did it. Nobody else had ever done it as such a young age: so how dare he even think that. Its only his third year, with a new team, new coach, the team is young... how dare he have such high and lofty goals? Who is he to think he could do that when the great Lebron, Kobe, Wade and Dwight Howard are playing?

As much as this makes him a hero to the many who want it for themselves like that, its hell for those who can't think like that. Who can't even wake up and say "why can't I look on the good side of things."

Dwight was the true MVP in 2011. Not Rose, not LeBron who was playing alongside another 25 per game scorer who closed games out for him that season.

It was Dwight.

JohnFreeman
03-26-2014, 08:21 AM
I hope he comes back to relative health, that guy was so good on the court. Healthy Rose > Westbrook

Basketbolero
03-26-2014, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=Pointguard]:lol Wow, you don't read, seriously get your act together.
Rose outscored Dwight in the paint in Orlando's biggest game that year in the stretch run. Plus Dwight got suspended for the next game.

On the leadership part:

"Once again, I think they have got the MVP of the league. That kid has come into his own. He has matured quite a bit. When he came into the league, everybody said he had speed, he could get to the rim, but he can't shoot. Now he can shoot

KyrieTheFuture
03-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Idk how you can just be labeled a hater for thinking Dwight deserved the MVP in 2011. It was close, but the difference in defense as well as the benefit of hindsight after seeing both of their teams play without them gives Dwight the edge. Who cares though? What's won is won, rose wont lose the award even if he doesn't play another game in his whole career

Jameerthefear
03-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Dwight was the true MVP in 2011. Not Rose, not LeBron who was playing alongside another 25 per game scorer who closed games out for him that season.

It was Dwight.
Pointguard literally just started making shit up saying Dwight disappeared in March and April and random shit like that :roll: Then tried to use a game where Cousins had a good game against the Magic like Rose is some godly defender :roll: Then as his last saving grace he posts a wall of quotes that I'm not going to read at all to try to confirm himself. I told him to prove it and he just goes off on a random tangent. Shit is gold. Dude has no idea what he's talking about.

CelticBaller
03-26-2014, 09:12 AM
Rose is never going to be the same, I wonder if that PG dude will stay around to keep riding his dick

Dwight was the 2011 MVP

JUDGE WITNESS
03-26-2014, 10:49 AM
You don't obsess yourself with two threads within hours of each other with countless negative innuendos. Are you reading his threads or even this thread? A child can tell his motive. But I do find your efforts to confuse this funny. So please explain his other thread about the injury?
it became apparent after like the 4th thread

jbryan1984
03-26-2014, 10:55 AM
If Rose is cleared again to play in the playoffs and sits out again, I have lost all respect for the guy. He used to be one of my favorite players. I can only imagine how the hardcore Bulls fans feel.

beastee
03-26-2014, 11:03 AM
The way I feel about Rose is probably how a Philly fan feels about Noel. Its like next year we will have two first round lottery talents added to our team...

Bulls get Rose back and Mirotic potentially. Even if rose is only 80% of what he was, he can be a top 15 PG in the league and with the team set up how it is...they will compete. With his contract he needs to be at least 90% of his former self, but I can't imagine he will ever be 100% again. After Jay Williams I never thought we would go through this again...but if we set expectations low, all we can do is be happily :banana: :banana: :banana: surprised.

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Pointguard literally just started making shit up saying Dwight disappeared in March and April and random shit like that :roll: Then tried to use a game where Cousins had a good game against the Magic like Rose is some godly defender :roll: Then as his last saving grace he posts a wall of quotes that I'm not going to read at all to try to confirm himself. I told him to prove it and he just goes off on a random tangent. Shit is gold. Dude has no idea what he's talking about.

:lol seriously. You don't know who the people are who are making the quotes, do you??? You and BlackVVaves don't know why you can't find quotes like that supporting Dwight for MVP by the games geniuses??? Or even standout peers?? Or best players?? Rose had more than 110 first place votes than DH. DH only got three first place votes, all from Orlando journalist who had to kind of give DH inspiration to stay - they were like sympathy votes. DH didnt get .03% of the vote. So outside of the sympathy votes he's shut out. You can't find anybody in the know supporting him. Stan Van Gundy had to support him. You can quote people on this board where Rose hate is an illness that consumes folks constantly, (even years later as the playoff picture takes shape).

Stan Van Gundy is on record of talking about Derrick Rose leadership that year as well and he never says anything about Dwight's. And DH who has been in his prime the last two years, hasn't proven that he can be a top player without Stan Van Gundy.

If Dwight was a serious contender, then there would be top coaches, top players, and top journalist making a big case for him. But that is not the case because there was none. The stat game is for those who don't watch the game... like you.

Jameerthefear
03-26-2014, 01:46 PM
:lol seriously. You don't know who the people are who are making the quotes, do you??? You and BlackVVaves don't know why you can't find quotes like that supporting Dwight for MVP by the games geniuses??? Or even standout peers?? Or best players?? Rose had more than 110 first place votes than DH. DH only got three first place votes, all from Orlando journalist who had to kind of give DH inspiration to stay - they were like sympathy votes. DH didnt get .03% of the vote. So outside of the sympathy votes he's shut out. You can't find anybody in the know supporting him. Stan Van Gundy had to support him. You can quote people on this board where Rose hate is an illness that consumes folks constantly, (even years later as the playoff picture takes shape).

Stan Van Gundy is on record of talking about Derrick Rose leadership that year as well and he never says anything about Dwight's. And DH who has been in his prime the last two years, hasn't proven that he can be a top player without Stan Van Gundy.

If Dwight was a serious contender, then there would be top coaches, top players, and top journalist making a big case for him. But that is not the case because there was none. The stat game is for those who don't watch the game... like you.
Derrick Rose leadership is sitting on the bench eating skittles. Leadership LMAOOO

JUDGE WITNESS
03-26-2014, 01:48 PM

there is no point arguing with this queer whose favorite hobby is looking at drawn underage ass
JAMEER, not you

SexSymbol
03-26-2014, 04:35 PM
there is no point arguing with this queer whose favorite hobby is looking at drawn underage ass
JAMEER, not you
He even bitched out of the avy bet.

Pointguard
03-26-2014, 04:38 PM
JAMEER, not you
You are an undercover wimp that hides comments because you're weak and afraid to say stuff outright. You aren't fooling anybody. How old are you? Why not be forthright?

Bless Mathews
03-26-2014, 05:11 PM

BwahahahahahhHahhHHhHahHHhhHhHHaha

Photo shop poast of the year nominee.

JUDGE WITNESS
03-26-2014, 05:53 PM
You are an undercover wimp that hides comments because you're weak and afraid to say stuff outright. You aren't fooling anybody. How old are you? Why not be forthright?
i dont know how more outright i can be "queer whos favorite hobby is looking at drawn underage ass"

or was that lost in your attempt to psychoanalyze me from your computer chair

He even bitched out of the avy bet.
surprise surprise

KDthunderup
03-26-2014, 07:25 PM

Didn't Russ have 2 surgeries during the off season after stitches came loose? That makes Russes return even more incredible or just highlights how much of a bitch Rose is.

derb2k2
03-26-2014, 07:54 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :r
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 07:56 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :r
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

:lol looks like the smileys are giving Yao a head massage he's enjoying quite a bit