PDA

View Full Version : Houston GM Morey: GMs lurk on message boards for trade ideas

oarabbus
03-25-2014, 06:27 PM
https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/448539161138442240

ISH influencing the league, we all know what message boards he's referring to:rockon:

edit: tweet was taken down

@dmorey:
2014-03-25 19:17:24 UTC
We do RT @jamesasteven: @dmorey Do nba GMs (to your knowledge) ever gain trade/transaction ideas from online message boards/fans?

RightToCensor
03-25-2014, 06:28 PM
A GM that listens to its fans. :applause: :bowdown:

talkingconch
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/448539161138442240

ISH influencing the league, we all know what message boards he's referring to:rockon:

Realgm?

YouGotServed
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Morey the greatest GM of all time. :applause:

DuMa
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
*except for hawkfan

Milbuck
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Realgm?
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/lolgifspam/gtfo.gif

Black and White
03-25-2014, 06:31 PM
If this is the case, Morey, if you are lurking, why have you paid max dollars for a black hole on defense? I thought you wanted to win a title?

zoom17
03-25-2014, 06:32 PM
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/lolgifspam/gtfo.gif

:lol

moe94
Certainly not ISH.

Smook A.
That's actually pretty cool.

DMAVS41
I know Simmons lurks here. He used a couple specific trade ideas that we had all been talking about for weeks on one of the Countdown shows.

Coming here to get ideas is actually pretty smart in my opinion...

Levity
03-25-2014, 06:33 PM
there was a thread a few years back where some poster made a random ass trade idea with, i want to say, the wizards and pelicans(hornets at the time)

i think it revolved around okafor and ariza, though i could be completely wrong. anyhow, a few days after that random, but seemingly decent trade idea, the trade actually happened

anyone remember this?

DMAVS41
03-25-2014, 06:33 PM
If this is the case, Morey, if you are lurking, why have you paid max dollars for a black hole on defense? I thought you wanted to win a title?

Haha. I know.

I'd love to have him post on here and defend not trading Asik this season to at least get better this season and free up cap space this summer to improve a team that is hardly far away from being an elite level contender.

hawksdogsbraves
03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Morey the GOAT GM :bowdown:

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
They also come for the laughs of some ridiculous trade ideas posted here. They probably know dudes like elgringos and hawkfan by name already

Pushxx
03-25-2014, 06:35 PM
All the GMs laugh at Hawkfan's trade scenarios over lunch on occasion.

Jameerthefear
03-25-2014, 06:35 PM
It's good to know that celebrities are reading my posts in particular and getting ideas from them. This is no surprise to me. Note for any GM reading this: My inbox is just a click away. We can talk business at the click of a button.

Black and White
03-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Haha. I know.

I'd love to have him post on here and defend not trading Asik this season to at least get better this season and free up cap space this summer to improve a team that is hardly far away from being an elite level contender.

Not trading Asik baffles me, the team has a legit chance at contending and are a piece away from winning it all in my opinion, he could have turned Asik into something nice, instead he kept him and now they have to ride with him into the playoffs, this move (or lack of) cost them this year.

Thorn
03-25-2014, 06:36 PM
there was a thread a few years back where some poster made a random ass trade idea with, i want to say, the wizards and pelicans(hornets at the time)

i think it revolved around okafor and ariza, though i could be completely wrong. anyhow, a few days after that random, but seemingly decent trade idea, the trade actually happened

anyone remember this?
Yeah. It was Rashard Lewis for Okafor's expiring, lemme dig that up

here http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267537

real trade had some fillers but Lewis/Okafor was the main part

Black and White
03-25-2014, 06:37 PM
It's good to know that celebrities are reading my posts in particular and getting ideas from them. This is no surprise to me. Note for any GM reading this: My inbox is just a click away. We can talk business at the click of a button.
Mitch will email you when he confirms that Oladipo has signed with LA

Levity
03-25-2014, 06:38 PM

awesome! :cheers:

Smook A.
Who can we get at the moment?
Durant? hell no
LeBron? fuq no
Carmelo? nah
CP3? Nope
K.Love? nah
BG? He's not leaving la
LMA? naaahh
Curry? nope

Harden is a top 10 player. He's a good post defender but not a good on-ball one. 25/6/5 shooting 46/37/85. If we can't get anyone else then why not stick with Harden. He's 24 and hasn't even reached his full potential

Half those guys I listed don't even play D.
Why don't people ever complain about them? psh... I got no clue

Milbuck
'

Not gonna happen. The Lakers have a strict 'no neck, no contract' policy.

LeGOAT
Riley has PMed me on multiple occasions. I got the gears rolling on the plan to sign Bron and Bosh in back in 09'

Droid101
03-25-2014, 06:39 PM

Yeah! I just looked it up too. That was insane. OP PLEASE RESPOND!

ballup
03-25-2014, 06:40 PM
They also laugh at the ridiculous trades we propose too.

YouGotServed
03-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Then Morey will do it again! :applause: L.A tanking for Houston. Ariza, Howard, who's next?

Black and White
Who can we get at the moment?
Durant? hell no
LeBron? fuq no
Carmelo? nah
CP3? Nope
K.Love? nah
BG? He's not leaving la
LMA? naaahh
Curry? nope

Harden is a top 10 player. He's a good post defender but not a good on-ball one. 25/6/5 shooting 46/37/85. If we can't get anyone else then why not stick with Harden. He's 24 and hasn't even reached his full potential

Half those guys I listed don't even play D.
Why don't people ever complain about them? psh... I got no clue

Melo could have actually happed (as long as Dwight signed), maybe could have convinced him to take a little less to bring in someone with him, I dunno, I just think max dollars for Harden is a little too much (I understand that was the only way they were going to get him though)

Jameerthefear
I wonder if we can get them to say more. Like specific trades. Think any of them go on ISH?

KyleKong
03-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Realgm?
http://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-17.gif

Jameerthefear
Then Morey will do it again! :applause: L.A tanking for Houston. Ariza, Howard, who's next?
:roll:

Black and White

I didnt realise Shaq signed with Houston, forgive me as I was living in the real world.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Not trading Asik baffles me, the team has a legit chance at contending and are a piece away from winning it all in my opinion, he could have turned Asik into something nice, instead he kept him and now they have to ride with him into the playoffs, this move (or lack of) cost them this year.
We are assuming the bolded and it may as well not be true. I think he was asked to take back a bad contract in exchange or just did not feel the trade would improve the team enough to make it worth it.

Black and White
03-25-2014, 06:44 PM

Why are you laughing? He is agreeing that your "stars" will leave your team like the others :oldlol:

YouGotServed
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I didnt realise Shaq signed with Houston, forgive me as I was living in the real world.

Present real world:

Boston sucks
L.A sucks
Houston title contender
Morey stole Howard from L.A

You madd?

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Riley has PMed me on multiple occasions. I got the gears rolling on the plan to sign Bron and Bosh in back in 09'
That dude pretended to be Riley just to fvck you in the ass and you fell for it :facepalm

Black and White
03-25-2014, 06:46 PM
We are assuming the bolded and it may as well not be true. I think he was asked to take back a bad contract in exchange or just did not feel the trade would improve the team enough to make it worth it.

I am pretty sure he was offered some decent trades at the start of the season, they got worse as the season went on

Jameerthefear
03-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Why is a Celtics fan always bragging on the Lakers? :confusedshrug:

mattvNJ
03-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Present real world:

Boston sucks
L.A sucks
Houston title contender
Morey stole Howard from L.A

You madd?

Houston isnt a title contender, sorry. But true La and Boston suck right now but for obvious reasons that will be amended soon by picks, some restructuring or injuries.

oarabbus
03-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Dolan probably doesn't visit this message board very often, his ideas are even worse than the ones here :lol

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
I am pretty sure he was offered some decent trades at the start of the season, they got worse as the season went on
They couldn't predict Asik was going to be an a$$hole about the situation and make his trade value plummet because of it.

Thorn
03-25-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm James Dolan irl guys

brb trading Melo for four fried chickens and a coke

mattvNJ
03-25-2014, 06:53 PM
They couldn't predict Asik was going to be an a$$hole about the situation and make his trade value plummet because of it.
Asik got shafted in that situation. Was promised the starting spot, then was jerked around about being trade told he was and then wasnt. Id be pissed too especially when your signed to be the starting center. Guess i cant feel too bad for him bc he got paid based on his on-going player growth

outbreak
03-25-2014, 06:54 PM
I believe the president of the euroleague actually posts here from time to time.

outbreak
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Asik got shafted in that situation. Was promised the starting spot, then was jerked around about being trade told he was and then wasnt. Id be pissed too especially when your signed to be the starting center. Guess i cant feel too bad for him bc he got paid based on his on-going player growth

yeah I don't feel bad for him considering how much he's being paid.

YouGotServed
03-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Houston isnt a title contender, sorry. But true La and Boston suck right now but for obvious reasons that will be amended soon by picks, some restructuring or injuries.

No, Houston is a title contender.

Bandito
03-25-2014, 06:56 PM
DHo is ok for now.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 06:58 PM
I understand that but he fvcked up. If he shuts his mouth he is now starting for some team, if that's all he wanted. Instead, he is stuck on the bench playing for a team where everybody knows he doesn't want to be there.

oarabbus
03-25-2014, 06:59 PM
I believe the president of the euroleague actually posts here from time to time.

:lol :applause:

I understand that but he fvcked up. If he shuts his mouth he is now starting for some team, if that's all he wanted. Instead, he is stuck on the bench playing for a team where everybody knows he doesn't want to be there.

Agreed. He's getting paid so I don't feel TOO bad, but I still feel bad. Dude got played by the Rockets, shoulda been a starter somewhere this year.

$LakerGold
03-25-2014, 07:00 PM

anyone remember this?
Yeah, I read about this.

CelticBaller
03-25-2014, 07:02 PM

We are celebrities :applause:

mattvNJ
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
No, Houston is a title contender.

Not even a small chance they come out the west. OKC, SA, GS, LAC, MEM, and possibly POR will wipe the floor with them :wtf: A title contender is a team with a legit shot to win it all. Not a small-no shot

That would be horrid because neither him nor Dwight can shoot. That would cause some retarded spacing problems. T-jones has sick potential from what I see.

Rocketswin2013
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Morey
Presti
Aigne
Riley
Bird......
Masai Ujiri
Buford
Everybody else....

Rocketswin2013
03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Not even a small chance they come out the west. OKC, SA, GS, LAC, MEM, and possibly POR will wipe the floor with them :wtf: A title contender is a team with a legit shot to win it all. Not a small-no shot

That would be horrid because neither him nor Dwight can shoot. That would cause some retarded spacing problems. T-jones has sick potential from what I see.
I would say I expected an NBA fan to know more but I can't considering you're a Nets fan......And you probably thought that shit team would actually be good this year......

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 07:06 PM
I meant that he would start for whatever team he would have been traded to. front court lineup of the start of the season was a stupid idea all the way.

mattvNJ
03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
I would say I expected an NBA fan to know more but I can't considering you're a Nets fan......And you probably thought that shit team would actually be good this year......
Nah was real against the Kidd move, and KG. Had them as second rounders at best with Kidd behind the helm + age.

and i was a fan since the NJ days not just a BK nut rider lol, went to the final game at Prudential, been to tons of games. Nice try bud. Also love the strategy of someone disagreeing with you so call them un-knowledgable.

edit: and basketbolero very true. I think Asik is a nice player.

YouGotServed
03-25-2014, 07:08 PM

No, Houston is the favorite against all those teams except maybe OKC. Try again.

ballup
03-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Morey
Presti
Aigne
Riley
Bird......
Masai Ujiri
Buford
Everybody else....
If this is a ranking, it's all wrong

Smook A.
03-25-2014, 07:09 PM
You sound so retarded. You act like we aren't the f**king 4th seed in the f**king WESTERN CONFERENCE. 48-22 B*TCH! record speaks for itself! FYI Mr.knowitall we are 3-0 against the spurs, 2-1 against portland and warriors. The only f**king teams who have a legit chance to beat us are the thunder and clippers. Probably spurs too but we're good against them. If you say the warriors, blazers and even memphis are better than Houston then you my friend are a legitimate f**king retard!

mattvNJ
03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
You sound so retarded. You act like we aren't the f**king 4th seed in the f**king WESTERN CONFERENCE. 48-22 B*TCH! record speaks for itself! FYI Mr.knowitall we are 3-0 against the spurs, 2-1 against portland and warriors. The only f**king teams who have a legit chance to beat are the thunder and clippers. Probably spurs too but we're good against them. If you say the warriors, blazers and even memphis are better than Houston then you my friend are a legitimate f**king retard!
I just think Harden will shoot you guys out the playoffs. The grizz are on a roll, blazers looked prime earlier in the season. Spurs would rock you in the playoffs, as would OKC.

Heavincent
03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Didn't someone on ISH correctly predict the Evan Turner trade as well?

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 07:12 PM
You sound so retarded. You act like we aren't the f**king 4th seed in the f**king WESTERN CONFERENCE. 48-22 B*TCH! record speaks for itself! FYI Mr.knowitall we are 3-0 against the spurs, 2-1 against portland and warriors. The only f**king teams who have a legit chance to beat us are the thunder and clippers. Probably spurs too but we're good against them. If you say the warriors, blazers and even memphis are better than Houston then you my friend are a legitimate f**king retard!
Take your meds buddy, they do you good :cheers:

Rocketswin2013
03-25-2014, 07:13 PM
I have to pipe down....Treating regular fans like trolls.....

Smook A.
03-25-2014, 07:14 PM
I just think Harden will shoot you guys out the playoffs. The grizz are on a roll, blazers looked prime earlier in the season. Spurs would rock you in the playoffs, as would OKC.
Did you just hear what I said about the spurs? I just told you we are 3-0 against them this season. Only team in the entire NBA to not lose to them so far. It's like nets vs heat. 3-0.

Spurs haven't beaten the Rockets since last season. Spurs wouldn't "rock" us. We'd definitely put up a fight. Houston was troubles against okc and clipps.

James Harden has been playing lights out lately if you've actually been paying attention.

Smook A.
03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Take your meds buddy, they do you good :cheers:
No im just tired of people being dumb.

$LakerGold
03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Why are you laughing? He is agreeing that your "stars" will leave your team like the others :oldlol:
Didn't Trevor come from the Magic? :roll: THE ONES THAT SLIPPED AWAY.

Shaq, Trevor, & Dwight. :roll: MAGIC = BEST FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. DONATING PLAYERS LIKE A BOSS :roll:

Uncle Drew
03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
I made the Bynum-Deng trade.

mattvNJ
03-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Did you just hear what I said about the spurs? I just told you we are 3-0 against them this season. Only team in the entire NBA to not lose to them so far. It's like nets vs heat. 3-0.

Spurs haven't beaten the Rockets since last season. Spurs wouldn't "rock" us. We'd definitely put up a fight. Houston was troubles against okc and clipps.

James Harden has been playing lights out lately if you've actually been paying attention.
Im well aware you said that. Even with the Nets being 3-0 against the reigning champion heat i dont think we stand a chance against them. Just like i dont think you guys stand a chance against the playoff spurs. Its an opinion, and i know he has been playing well, the spurs are also on a 14 win streak. I watch basketball avidly, play avidly. You bringing up statistics, and random variables doesnt change the fact I, along with others probably dont find the Rockets to be REAL contenders.

$LakerGold
03-25-2014, 07:20 PM
I made the Bynum-Deng trade.
Link it.

RightToCensor
03-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Morey stealing Dwight was a suggestion I made. I wonder if he's reading this post now?

Praise Morey! :bowdown:

Uncle Drew
Link it.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321664

Post #15. Later, I got quoted in post #51 and #52 after it happened. I deleted the image though. Image link: http://puu.sh/6c6m6.png

Black and White

The Blazers, Warriors and Grizzlies aren't better, but they are all capable of beating the Rockets, the west is stacked.

Smook A.
03-25-2014, 07:22 PM
The Blazers, Warriors and Grizzlies aren't better, but they are all capable of beating the Rockets, the west is stacked.
Capable, yes.

no pun intended
03-25-2014, 07:23 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267537

i fvcking knew it

$LakerGold
03-25-2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321664

Post #15. Later, I got quoted in post #51 and #52 after it happened. I deleted the image though. Image link: http://puu.sh/6c6m6.png
Haha wow. Nice. :roll:

I won't be surprised if this place gets filled with trade ideas.

Trade Battier for for Anthony Davis!!! Please! Please!!! :roll:

Good shit.

Smook A.
03-25-2014, 07:30 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267537

i fvcking knew it
Pretty crazy

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Haha wow. Nice. :roll:

I won't be surprised if this place gets filled with trade ideas.

Trade Battier for for Anthony Davis!!! Please! Please!!! :roll:

Good shit.
Spoelstra used to post here too. He was the one who originally posted:

Is he good? Can Miami get him?

$LakerGold
03-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Spoelstra used to post here too. He was the one who originally posted:

Is he good? Can Miami get him?
Are you serious? Is that one of the reasons why posters have been joking around like that?

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Are you serious? Is that one of the reasons why posters have been joking around like that?
Of course I am. This was back when he was still in Mars Volta, probably just an assistant for the Heat

$LakerGold
03-25-2014, 07:36 PM
lol

niko
03-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Do you all remember when Stein tweeted out that the Nets/Pacers trade rumor was false, a trade that ISH started and got traction on twitter? Jeff didn't like it, he killed the trade threads, i think some of us got warned against that.

oarabbus
03-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Of course I am. This was back when he was still in Mars Volta, probably just an assistant for the Heat

Mars Volta is overrated, plz dont kill me Mars Volta fans

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 07:49 PM

Mars Volta is overrated, plz dont kill me Mars Volta fans
100% agree, focusing on basketball was a good move by Spo

Angel Face
03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Nice to know they visit ISH. ISH posters are better talent evaluators than some of those GMs.

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Link the thread or it didn't happen.
Do you live in North Korea? Google it

D-FENS
03-25-2014, 08:03 PM

anyone remember this?

That was me.

YouGotServed
03-25-2014, 08:08 PM
relevant

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207797

Rubio2Gasol
03-25-2014, 08:58 PM
They also come for the laughs of some ridiculous trade ideas posted here. They probably know dudes like elgringos and hawkfan by name already

Dolan following Gringos advice :lol

Basketbolero
03-25-2014, 09:01 PM
Dolan following Gringos advice :lol
Well they got Bargnani in the end

r0drig0lac
03-25-2014, 09:07 PM

UK2K
03-25-2014, 09:20 PM

Im sure there was nothing offered that was a better an option than having the best back up C in the league.

BasedTom
03-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Chris Broussard's "Sources" = Bagelred, hawkfan, knicksfever2010, euroleague
Woj's Source = BasedTom

JUDGE WITNESS
03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
fire him immediately

Rose'sACL
03-25-2014, 09:24 PM
I know Simmons lurks here. He used a couple specific trade ideas that we had all been talking about for weeks on one of the Countdown shows.

he uses reddit(r/nba) for that.

BlackVVaves
03-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Word.

Mr Exlax
03-25-2014, 10:52 PM

Did you see Harden before he got to the Rockets? He was a very capable defender. He's also come on with it since the Allstar break. You really should watch more of the Rockets since you've become a very very active speaker on all things Rockets.

ILLsmak
03-26-2014, 07:07 AM
*except for hawkfan

lol what happened to hawkfan?

-Smak

TimmyDuncan
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Realgm?

I have to agree with this.
ISH is funny but it's 90% trolling.

All Net
03-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Just between us...he PM's me at least once a week.

rezznor
03-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Melo could have actually happed (as long as Dwight signed), maybe could have convinced him to take a little less to bring in someone with him, I dunno, I just think max dollars for Harden is a little too much (I understand that was the only way they were going to get him though)dwight would have never signed if we didn't have harden to begin with

STATUTORY
03-26-2014, 09:31 AM
lol what happened to hawkfan?

-Smak
working for team FO now, he told me not to disclose which team tho

nba GMs be scouting for talent on this forum too

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:07 PM
Considering the average IQ of NBA general managers is clearly about 70, why should this surprise anyone?

It's not like they are capable of forming their own ideas.

Oh and Morey, the Rockets won't ever win jack shit because of how you treated Spanoulis (the best point guard in the world).

You reap what you sow bitch.

Rocketswin2013
03-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Considering the average IQ of NBA general managers is clearly about 70, why should this surprise anyone.

I'd really like to see you run your own team. Mirotic would probably end up on it getting paid a prime Kobe salary.

Joyner82reload
03-26-2014, 05:11 PM
He's clearly referring to realgm which literally has a subforum dedicated to trades and transactions with 1000's of posts daily, which are all extremely well researched.

ISH is a joke when it comes to serious NBA discussion

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:12 PM
I'd really like to see you run your own team. Mirotic would probably end up on it getting paid a prime Kobe salary.

WTF? Stop doing drugs. I have said here over and over that Mirotic is overrated as hell. He's another one of Grinder's and the NBA's marketing machine creations just like Rubio.

He is nothing but an NBA marketing creation just like Rubio.

Put down the crack pipe.

He's nothing but a role player on his team.

Good god, another lunatic that thinks draftexpress.com is an actual real website.

Smook A.
Considering the average IQ of NBA general managers is clearly about 70, why should this surprise anyone.

Oh and Morey, the Rockets won't ever win a jack shit because of how you treated Spanoulis (the best point guard in the world).
Have you thought about joining comedy?

Euroleague
He's clearly referring to realgm which literally has a subforum dedicated to trades and transactions with 1000's of posts daily, which are all extremely well researched.

Oh yeah, you mean the site that's just another part of NBA gimmick marketing?

:biggums:

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Morey the greatest GM of all time. :applause:

More like fattest........

Joyner82reload
03-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, you mean the site that's just another part of NBA gimmick marketing?

:biggums:

lolwat..realgm has 20X the traffic/dedicated members over insidehoops. it's actually moderated and tilted towards legitimate basketball discussion, not incessant trolling over bullshit. there's a reason it's worth like 50X more than insidehoops. realgm is worth >20 million, ish is like 100k

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:16 PM

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :biggums: :wtf:

NBA general managers and you come up with celebrities...............

Put down the pipe already Jameer........

Jailblazers7

Oh and Morey, the Rockets won't ever win a jack shit because of how you treated Spanoulis (the best point guard in the world).

You reap what you sow bitch.

:oldlol:

The last line was gold. Well done I could really feel the anger.

SpecialQue
More like fattest........

That was a really weak comeback.

dr.hee
03-26-2014, 05:17 PM

At least he came back. Unlike VSpan...

SpecialQue

The last line was gold. Well done I could really feel the anger.

That reminds me of one time when someone was pissed off about ISH moderation and asked Jeff how he's able to sleep at night. :roll: People take this shit waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

oarabbus
lolwat..realgm has 20X the traffic/dedicated members over insidehoops. it's actually moderated and tilted towards legitimate basketball discussion, not incessant trolling over bullshit. there's a reason it's worth like 50X more than insidehoops. realgm is worth >20 million, ish is like 100k

What? Can you provide evidence for the bolded? Judging by the "view count" on the main NBA forum of each site...... we got a LOT more viewers here at ISH.

Shade8780
03-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Milbuck is one of my favourite posters :lol

Let's not kid ourselves though, if a GM looked at this board for trade ideas, he'd lose enough brain cells to get himself fired.

Smook A.
:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :biggums: :wtf:

NBA general managers and you come up with celebrities...............

Put down the pipe already Jameer........
I think you're the one who needs to lay off the drugs. You said V-Span is the best PG in the world. You deserve no credibility after saying stupid shit like that.

Euroleague
Harden is a top 10 player.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jQv3VBSV--/196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Shade8780

lol yeah.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:21 PM

I think you mean by some "lucky" ball bounces......

:rolleyes:

sammichoffate
03-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Makes me wonder if Stern actually got the idea to nix the Paul deal in 2011 from here :roll:

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:29 PM

NBA gimmick marketing site.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Have you thought about joining comedy?

Let me rephrase it.

The Rockets won't ever win jack shit as long as Morey is the GM. Because they will reap what they sow, from what Morey did to the world's BEST PLAYER, Spanoulis.

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Let me rephrase it.

The Rockets won't ever win jack shit as long as Morey is the GM. Because they will reap what they sow, from what Morey did to the world's BEST PLAYER, Spanoulis.
Ok stop. Stop right there. What THE HELL makes you think Spanoulsuck is the best player in the world? The best players on Earth are IN THE NBA. Not the Euroleague. Span sucked in the NBA. Good players dont just randomly get cut by a team.

Im sure any f**king GM would cut that guy.

Milbuck
03-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Let me rephrase it.

It's weird, you'd think the "best player in the world" would last more than 31 games against the pros, and would put up more than a measly 2.7ppg on a horrific 31% shooting. You would also think that he would currently be playing against the pros in the NBA, and not against washed up scrubs in Europe, bouncing from amateur league to amateur league.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:42 PM

How was that a comeback? I was not coming back at anyone genius. Are you saying Morey isn't fat?

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Since you got my thread removed, explain to me in non-bitch language what was wrong with comparing Jones and Lillard PER 36 in contrast to comparing Harden and Westbrook last year?
Jones and Lillard are two completely different players. Totally different positions. If you wanted to compare someone to Jones it should've been someone like Thaddeus Young. They're very comparable.

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Since you got my thread removed, explain to me in non-bitch language what was wrong with comparing Jones and Lillard PER 36 in contrast to comparing Harden and Westbrook last year?

They're both guards, you fcking neanderthal. Are you in remedial education classes? Dear god, I hope some kind teacher can identify your disabilities and help you someday.

Let's not even get started on the flaws regarding per-36 comparisons between players who play considerably different minutes, because you aren't capable of understanding it.

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 05:48 PM
How was that a comeback? I was not coming back at anyone genius. Are you saying Morey isn't fat?
Doesn't matter if hes fat. He's one of the smartest GMs in the league along with Masai Ujiri, Danny Ainge and couple more guys. It's all about that intelligence

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:49 PM
Ok stop. Stop right there. What THE HELL makes you think Spanoulsuck is the best player in the world? The best players on Earth are IN THE NBA. Not the Euroleague. Span sucked in the NBA. Good players dont just randomly get cut by a team.

Im sure any f**king GM would cut that guy.

Piss off. You just claimed Harden is a top 10 NBA player. You are so insane there are no words to even describe it.

And Spanoulis..........the ONLY player in the world I even think about putting on his level is Durant.

PERIOD.

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Piss off. You just claimed Harden is a top NBA player. You are so insane there are no words to even describe it.

And Spanoulis..........the ONLY player in the world I even think about putting on his level is Durant.

PERIOD.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

my sides

Spanoulis MIGHT be better than a few second string PGs in the NBA. I can't think of any at the moment, but Spanoulis might rank 57-59th out of the 30 starting PGs and their backups.

rezznor
03-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Let me rephrase it.

he couldn't cut it in san antonio either, dishit.

Rocketswin2013
03-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Jones and Lillard are two completely different players. Totally different positions. If you wanted to compare someone to Jones it should've been someone like Thaddeus Young. They're very comparable.
Message above

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 05:52 PM

PERIOD.
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH :roll: :roll: :lol :oldlol: :lol :oldlol: :lol :lol :roll: :oldlol:

Holy shit! you are SO stupid!

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:52 PM
It's weird, you'd think the "best player in the world" would last more than 31 games against the pros, and would put up more than a measly 2.7ppg on a horrific 31% shooting. You would also think that he would currently be playing against the pros in the NBA, and not against washed up scrubs in Europe, bouncing from amateur league to amateur league.

You would think the franchise player of the Milwaukee Bucks would be a little better than the 4th to 5th best player on a team in Greece's version of the D-League..........

You would think the franchise player of the Milwaukee Bucks would be a little better than the 4th to 5th best player on Greece's under 20 national team................

No such luck though.......

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:54 PM

Smook A. is a total bitch. He tries to get every post deleted and every thread removed that even questions Harden.............

PATHETIC.

Almost as pathetic as Harden's defense and passing ability.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Doesn't matter if hes fat. He's one of the smartest GMs in the league along with Masai Ujiri, Danny Ainge and couple more guys. It's all about that intelligence

He's supposed to be so smart, yet he can't in all these years get past the 2nd round of the playoffs...............yeah right.

Keep drinking the kool aid.

And actually it does matter, because fat people, on average, have lower IQs.

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 05:56 PM
You can LITERALLY say that about any COMPARISON LeBron-Kobe Magic-Bird but instead you bitched up a storm because the stats were strikingly close. You stupid incoherent following simple-minded ****. Nothing is wrong with comparing ANY players but you wanted to bring fan hood into the conversation. Go ****ing drink bleach.

LeBron/Kobe/Magic/Bird are all LEGENDS. You can argue who's greater between legends, say Magic and Kareem. But everyone will call you a fcking imbecile if your evidence for Kareem's superiority is he averages more blocks and rebounds with a higher FG% than magic, which is basically exactly what you did :roll:

You cannot compare per-36s to players who play differing minutes. Per-X comparisons only work between players playing similar minutes.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 05:58 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

my sides

Spanoulis MIGHT be better than a few second string PGs in the NBA. I can't think of any at the moment, but Spanoulis might rank 57-59th out of the 30 starting PGs and their backups.

You are psychotic, as has already been explained 100 times in this forum. You suffer from psychosis.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:00 PM
he couldn't cut it in san antonio either, dishit.

I guess that's why Parker had dinner with him and told him Popovich specifically asked him to stay with the team.............

Yeah, makes sense..............

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

I guess it also explains how Adelman asked he stay with the Rockets in the first place and not even be traded at all........

Piss off.

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 06:01 PM
You are psychotic, as has already been explained 100 times in this forum. You suffer from psychosis.

Yes, and each time it's explained someone points out that Spanoulis averaged 2.7 points in the NBA

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

whew, had to catch my breath there, so Spanoulis averaged 2.7/0.9

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

sorry, what I'm trying to say is that people respond that Spanoulis put up worse-than-scrub stats, and you realize he was fcking garbage.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:03 PM
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH :roll: :roll: :lol :oldlol: :lol :oldlol: :lol :lol :roll: :oldlol:

Holy shit! you are SO stupid!

And your "genius" general manager has not won a damn thing in 8 years. Which means you are RETARDED and he's damn well sure the hell no freaking genius at all.

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Keep drinking the kool aid.
I love kool aid. I mostly drink it in the summer time. It's very refreshing.

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 06:07 PM
And your "genius" general manager has not won a damn thing in 8 years. Which means you are RETARDED and he's damn well sure the hell no freaking genius at all.
Retarded post.

Some intellegent GMs never win anything until about a decade or two with the team. It's not easy to win a championship, you moron.

SpecialQue
03-26-2014, 06:07 PM

Yes.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Yes, and each time it's explained someone points out that Spanoulis averaged 2.7 points in the NBA

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

whew, had to catch my breath there, so Spanoulis averaged 2.7/0.9

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

sorry, what I'm trying to say is that people respond that Spanoulis put up worse-than-scrub stats, and you realize he was fcking garbage.

Van Gundy sabotaged his NBA career. Something that you, a person that suffers from psychosis is incapable of grasping.

You actually believe that the best Euroleague player of all time would not even be a top 60 NBA point guard...........

That proves that you are insane. It proves that you are incapable of grasping the situation and circumstances and that you simply are nuts.

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Euroleague, theres a reason why no one on this forum likes you. You make the stupidest posts. I have NEVER seen anyone back your argument up. EVER

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Retarded post.

Some intellegent GMs never win anything until about a decade or two with the team. It's not easy to win a championship, you moron.

If he was actually a "genius" it would be incredibly EASY to win, and he would have done so a long time ago you moron. If he was even in the least bit as "intelligent" as you claim, he would have already done so, within say 5 years or so.

Considering the other general managers are mostly retarded.

And here you are continuing to claim he's a genius, and arguing about this over and over, and still pretending in this ludicrous fairy tale. Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a drooling retard.

An actual genius, in the position of an NBA general manager, would win the NBA title within 2 years, at absolute worst case scenario 3. In reality, it should take no more than 1-2 years.

For it to take over 10-20, as you suggest, is absolutely absurd. You are a complete freaking idiot.

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes.

Once again........

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--jQv3VBSV--/196fuarapyylmgif.gif

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Euroleague, theres a reason why no one on this forum likes you. You make the stupidest posts. I have NEVER seen anyone back your argument up. EVER

Psychotic................

smoovegittar
03-26-2014, 06:17 PM

Oh yeah... and you can read about member's fascinations with rectums and GOATS. Please... :facepalm

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 06:18 PM
Psychotic................
But it's the truth, right?

Smook A.
03-26-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm better than prime Vassilis Spanpoopis at basketball.

SpecialQue
03-26-2014, 06:21 PM
Upon further research it turns out I was wrong about Morey, and that he is, in fact, fat. euroleague is still a douche though

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Van Gundy sabotaged his NBA career. Something that you, a person that suffers from psychosis is incapable of grasping.

You actually believe that the best Euroleague player of all time would not even be a top 60 NBA point guard...........

That proves that you are insane. It proves that you are incapable of grasping the situation and circumstances and that you simply are nuts.

Jeremy Lin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spanoulis

and his situation and circumstances were worse.

Joyner82reload
03-26-2014, 06:45 PM
What? Can you provide evidence for the bolded? Judging by the "view count" on the main NBA forum of each site...... we got a LOT more viewers here at ISH.

The majority of the people on realgm don't post or view the general board. Take the Knicks forum for instance, there were 800 posts and 8000 views on that Knicks-Lakers game last night. And that was on the freaking knicks SUBFORUM.

In comparison, there were 66 posts and 1500~ views for the Knicks-Lakers thread on ISH's mainboard, which is the only sports board that's used frequently.

Also you can get websites values on the internet. Realgm is well over 20 million

Euroleague
03-26-2014, 06:53 PM
The majority of the people on realgm don't post or view the general board. Take the Knicks forum for instance, there were 800 posts and 8000 views on that Knicks-Lakers game last night. And that was on the freaking knicks SUBFORUM.

In comparison, there were 66 posts and 1500~ views for the Knicks-Lakers thread on ISH's mainboard, which is the only sports board that's used frequently.

Also you can get websites values on the internet. Realgm is well over 20 million

NBA marketing website. You clearly are not very smart.........

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 06:59 PM

Ah, fair enough. Well fvck em anyway. We show up first on Google :D

mattvNJ
03-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Retarded post.

It is in Euroleague when you pick up the likes of Antony Parker aka da goat aka da based parker.

Their is plenty of very intelligent gms who dont win anything.

rezznor
03-26-2014, 08:05 PM
15 point guards who are currently better than spanoulis:

jeff teague
jeremy lin
jameer nelson
mario chalmers
rubio
raymond felton
evo
isaiah thomas
jose calderon
ramon sessions
kirk hinrich
brandon knight
devin harris
aaron brooks
steve nash

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 08:08 PM

jeff teague
jeremy lin
jameer nelson
mario chalmers
rubio
raymond felton
evo
isaiah thomas
jose calderon
ramon sessions
kirk hinrich
brandon knight
devin harris
aaron brooks
steve nash

don't forget:

Jrue Holliday
DJ Augustin
George Hill
scrub who plays for NO cuz Jrue is hurt
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Patty Mills
Norris Cole
Reggie Jackson

just of the top of my head :roll:

BrownEye007
03-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Reading Euroleagues posts tickles my fancy.

rezznor
don't forget:

Jrue Holliday
DJ Augustin
George Hill
scrub who plays for NO cuz Jrue is hurt
Damian Lillard
Tony Parker
Patty Mills
Norris Cole
Reggie Jackson

just of the top of my head :roll:

this is vs prime nba starter Spanoulis of course, comparing his current form would just be unfair.

Joyner82reload
Ah, fair enough. Well fvck em anyway. We show up first on Google :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=nba+forum&oq=nba+forum&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j0l2.1009j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

ISH comes up first because you go to that site more frequently than realgm

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 08:19 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=nba+forum&oq=nba+forum&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j0l2.1009j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

ISH comes up first because you go to that site more frequently than realgm

I'm pretty sure Google's search results are indexed and ranked according to some algorithm they use and everyone who searches a specific term will get the same results exactly.

There have been instances when sites deliberately try to get themselves to the #1 spot

b1imtf
03-26-2014, 08:33 PM
People still falling for his troll posts :oldlol:

Orlando Magic
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure Google's search results are indexed and ranked according to some algorithm they use and everyone who searches a specific term will get the same results exactly.

There have been instances when sites deliberately try to get themselves to the #1 spot

Not true. I don't pretend to know exactly what their formula is but I am certain that geographic location also plays a part... I am sure there are more factors than that.

oarabbus
03-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Not true. I don't pretend to know exactly what their formula is but I am certain that geographic location also plays a part... I am sure there are more factors than that.

Nah, it's true. Yeah, your geographic location plays a part into the targeted ads... not the search/indexing algorithm. Of course, if you search "Best Buy" it'll return Best Buys near you, but the actual page ranking doesn't change.

Academic citation literature has been applied to the web, largely by counting citations or backlinks to a given page. This gives some approximation of a page's importance or quality. PageRank extends this idea by not counting links from all pages equally, and by normalizing by the number of links on a page.

PageRank is defined as follows:
We assume page A has pages T1...Tn which point to it (i.e., are citations). The parameter d is a damping factor which can be set between 0 and 1. We usually set d to 0.85. There are more details about d in the next section. Also C(A) is defined as the number of links going out of page A. The PageRank of a page A is given as follows:
PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)/C(T1) + ... + PR(Tn)/C(Tn))

Note that the PageRanks form a probability distribution over web pages, so the sum of all web pages' PageRanks will be one.

PageRank or PR(A) can be calculated using a simple iterative algorithm, and corresponds to the principal eigenvector of the normalized link matrix of the web. Also, a PageRank for 26 million web pages can be computed in a few hours on a medium size workstation. There are many other details which are beyond the scope of this paper.

source: https://www.google.com/insidesearch/howsearchworks/algorithms.html

ISH is #1 because it has the highest classification to the term "basketball" or "nba forum" or whatever you search.

VIntageNOvel
03-26-2014, 11:02 PM
that explain the knicks awful trade, its all on gringos

Euroleague
03-27-2014, 06:48 PM

jeff teague
jeremy lin
jameer nelson
mario chalmers
rubio
raymond felton