PDA

View Full Version : Suns already 6-2 since Bledsoe's return

wagexslave
03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1978718_10152289965248996_1437038719_n.jpg
(image posted by the Suns official Facebook page)

And they're on a 4 game win streak already. They seem to be back in rhythm and poised to be in the playoffs. If they do get their playoff spot, they will be a dangerous team to upset higher seeds... they just play with so much heart when the whole team is healthy and confident.

Just imagine how their record would have been right now if Bledsoe never got injured and had to sit out the majority of the year. They were rolling before he got injured, and they're rolling since he's been back.

Do you think this team makes the playoffs? And if they do, would you even consider them a threat for a possible 1st round upset? Keep in mind that they have already beat(and even swept or won the season series) many high seeded teams this year, especially when they're healthy. I think people are overlooking them.

TheReal Kendall
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM
Most Def! We gonna make it and upset somebody.

Eric Cartman
03-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Don't give that what might there record have been when Memphis missed Gasol for like 40 games.

wagexslave
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Don't give that what might there record have been when Memphis missed Gasol for like 40 games.
Well the same applies to Memphis. They're a better team when healthy than their current record, just like the Suns. I was rooting for Memphis in the playoffs last year. I consider them a top 4 team in the west when playing at their max potential.

Rocketswin2013
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
The Suns would give SA serious trouble. Their defense isn't bad(DRTG) and with a healthy Bledsoe they're unguardable. Plus they hit a metric ton of tough shots.

Droid101
03-25-2014, 08:22 PM
I think the Suns have a good shot at SA, but I almost wish Memphis would fall to 8 to try to knock off a 1 seed twice from that position.

D.J.
03-25-2014, 08:24 PM
If Bledsoe never got hurt, the Suns are definitely 5th-6th in the West. If they get in as an 8th seed, San Antonio or OKC will not steamroll them.

Milbuck
03-25-2014, 08:24 PM
I love this Phoenix team. They're one of the most fun to watch teams in the league. When Dragic and Bledsoe are on top of their games, they can hang with anyone.

That being said...let Kawhi guard Dragic, and Phoenix has no shot. It'd be an exciting series though, I'd say 6 games or so.

wagexslave
03-25-2014, 08:32 PM
I think the Suns have a good shot at SA, but I almost wish Memphis would fall to 8 to try to knock off a 1 seed twice from that position.
Who would you rather miss the playoffs this year? Suns, Mavericks, or Warriors(assuming you're a Memphis fan like your post implies)

TBH it's a complete travesty that one of these teams will miss the playoffs when any one of them would be 3rd seed in the East. Something's wrong when the Suns, Mavericks, Grizzlies, or Warriors could miss the playoffs but the loser Bobcats and Hawks will make them.

And what will the reward for the team who misses the playoffs in the west be? The least amount of balls in the draft lottery, while all of these scrub tanking teams who don't even TRY to win half of the time will have much better rewards in the lottery than them. How is there not something wrong with that? Teams should never be rewarded more than other teams for losing way more games than them.

The NBA should change to top 16 best records in the whole league make the playoffs, and ALL of the lottery teams have just 1 ball in the lottery draw and the draft order goes in the order of which the balls are picked. That way there isn't any incentive to lose and teams that barely miss the playoffs don't get completely screwed.

wakencdukest
03-25-2014, 08:33 PM
I wanna see the Suns in the playoffs, I love the way they play, cohesive, unselfish, with a lot of energy. Gotta hand it to Hornacek, he should be coach of the year.

Cone
03-25-2014, 08:39 PM
they have an easy schedule. they'll make it.

but like previously mentioned, its sad that one of dallas, memphis, gsw, or PHX will miss the playoffs. all are good teams that deserve a shot

CrazyLond
03-26-2014, 12:45 AM
they have an easy schedule. they'll make it.

I think you are joking? Their last 8 games include 6 games against other likely West playoff teams (OKC, SA, Clippers, Memphis, Dallas, and Portland).

I personally am hoping Portland loses a few more games so that all three Dallas, Phoenix and Memphis make it. Portland started strong but have been very mediocre the second half of the season and they are the one team in the west I am not very excited about watching in a playoff series.

IncarceratedBob
03-26-2014, 12:47 AM
wow 6-2 such impress

miles berg
03-26-2014, 02:24 AM
People keep mentioning the Suns/Mavs/Warriors/Grizzlies as 4 teams fighting for 3 spots but Portland could very easily be the 9th seed. Memphis and Dallas are only 2 games behind them, red hot Phoenix only 2.5 games behind, and the Blazers have lost 3 in a row and 7 out of 10.

Could be where all four of the teams mentioned in this thread get the 5-8 seeds and Portland, after their amazing start, is the 9th seed.

Sawbucks23
03-26-2014, 02:32 AM
I'm hoping the Suns will make the playoffs, but there is a good chance they may not if Dallas keep finding ways to win games. Either way I'm happy since this team is a lot better and more exciting than last year's team.
New GM and head coach, Dudley + 2nd round pick for Bledsoe and Butler, Butler for Ish and Slava. Gortat, brown, Marshall, Lee for Okafor's expiring contract + 1st round pick. Scola for Green, Plumlee + first round pick. I can't believe all of those trades happened in one offseason. It sure beats the Lance Blanks lets wait and do nothing approach.

All Net
03-26-2014, 03:01 AM
I think if he hadn

no pun intended
03-26-2014, 03:16 AM
Slash Brothers. I like that.

All Net
03-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Lets get into the playoffs suns! We potentially have 4 1st round draft picks in this draft, no need to miss the playoffs this year :applause:

Plus cap space...

OmniStrife
03-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Dallas / Memphis / GS / Portland...

Lose games, pls...

livingby3's
03-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Would love to have our young team get some playoffs actions. That experience will be great for the Suns going forward. That last stretch vs their western foes will be crucial, specially the Mavs and Grizz. Almost must win games

SHABBA
03-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Can't see them getting in the playoffs.

6 - Portland
7 - Memphis
8 - Dallas

wagexslave
03-26-2014, 10:45 AM
If they don't make the playoffs, it's not the end of the world. They will have enough cap space to sign a max contract player outright this offseason, enough for 2 max players if they don't re-sign Bledsoe(or enough to re-sign Bledsoe and pick up a max player obv). And with the assets they have, they could easily trade for a star-level player.

This team has one of the brightest looking futures in the league at the moment depending on what they do this offseason. And with the AMAZING moves this new management made last offseason, I trust they have a plan for this offseason to turn this team into a legit contender.

SpecialQue
03-26-2014, 12:51 PM
I've been high on Bledsoe ever since I started catching Clipper games a few years back. I really want them in the playoffs, but fvck...having to choose between them, Dallas, Memphis and Portland? :banghead:

no pun intended
03-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I've been high on Bledsoe ever since I started catching Clipper games a few years back. I really want them in the playoffs, but fvck...having to choose between them, Dallas, Memphis and Portland? :banghead:
Not as high as Clippersfan86 though.

2LeTTeRS
03-26-2014, 03:03 PM
People keep mentioning the Suns/Mavs/Warriors/Grizzlies as 4 teams fighting for 3 spots but Portland could very easily be the 9th seed. Memphis and Dallas are only 2 games behind them, red hot Phoenix only 2.5 games behind, and the Blazers have lost 3 in a row and 7 out of 10.

Could be where all four of the teams mentioned in this thread get the 5-8 seeds and Portland, after their amazing start, is the 9th seed.

As a Bobcats fan I'd love that. That would mean the pick the Blazers owe us would be almost guaranteed to be the 14th pick. Now we just need the Pistons pick to fall out of the top 8 and we could potentially have 2 lottery picks (the Bulls are getting our pick).

sketchy
03-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Historically, I'm not a fan of the Suns, but the current team is really easy and fun to root for. So likable and fun to watch. I hope they make it, the players and management deserve it.

Darius
03-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Who they gonna catch?

Maybe Portland? Dallas? I don't see Memphis or GSW slipping.

SpecialQue
03-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Who they gonna catch?

Maybe Portland? Dallas? I don't see Memphis or GSW slipping.

Portland or Dallas, more than likely. Portland's free-falling and it may be a toss-up between them and Dallas. I'm sure that the Grizzlies and Warriors are safe.

sammichoffate
03-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Portland or Dallas, more than likely. Portland's free-falling and it may be a toss-up between them and Dallas. I'm sure that the Grizzlies and Warriors are safe.It just sounds so wrong with any one of those teams miss the playoffs :facepalm