what it is?

Portland 45-27
GS 44-27
Memphis 42-28
Dallas 43-29
Phoenix 42-29

Rake2204
03-26-2014, 11:44 AM
This year is wild. Western Conference's ninth seed would be a comfortable third in the East? Man...

The_Yearning
03-26-2014, 11:48 AM
This isn't the first time this has happened in the West. Some years ago The Warriors were the 8th seed with 48 wins I believe (Stephen Jackson, Baron Davis days).

Damian Lillard at the beginning of the year predicted the Blazers to have 44-48 wins.

YouGotServed
03-26-2014, 11:58 AM
2010 8th seeded Thunder won 50 games

kentatm
03-26-2014, 12:23 PM
the NBA really needs to get rid of conferences

just have division winners automatically make it and go from there.

its ridiculous that for the past 10-15 years the top few seeds in the EC have basically gotten a bye in the first round.

Bibby4Three
03-26-2014, 12:39 PM
I told yall so.

Blazers are just not good enough especially in the West...sucks but reality.

Copperhead
03-26-2014, 12:54 PM
My reaction would be..

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2491559/meh-ok-o.gif

sketchy
03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
I'd be somewhat surprised, but not overly so.
I said months ago that they were first round fodder no matter what seed they grabbed.
They were never THAT good.
:/

ArbitraryWater
03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
LMFAO they could actually still fall out!! :oldlol:

they fell off HARD.

from like best in the west at half of the season, to now 6th seed in danger of dropping out.

JUDGE WITNESS
03-26-2014, 01:02 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxcpn23JCA1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

SpecialQue
03-26-2014, 01:03 PM
At first I thought this was straight trolling. Then I saw those records. :biggums:

Copperhead
03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
I'd be somewhat surprised, but not overly so.
I said months ago that they were first round fodder no matter what seed they grabbed.
They were never THAT good.
:/

Right. I definitely didn't think they were going far in the playoffs. Early in the season they got off to a fast start and had the good fortune of good health to all their starters. Their starters got a chance to play many games together before LaMarcus went down. I don't know if their schedule was an easy one early on or what but they've fallen off quite a bit.

DMAVS41
03-26-2014, 01:10 PM
The next 5 games could be really interesting for them;

They play;

@ Atlanta
@ Chicago
Memphis
@ Lakers
Suns

They get the Suns and Grizzlies at home, but that is actually a pretty tough 5 game trip...

sketchy
03-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Right. I definitely didn't think they were going far in the playoffs. Early in the season they got off to a fast start and had the good fortune of good health to all their starters. Their starters got a chance to play many games together before LaMarcus went down. I don't know if their schedule was an easy one early on or what but they've fallen off quite a bit.
:cheers:
Earlier in the season, I pointed out everything you said to a friend of mine and he laughed at me. He said they'd definitely be in the conference finals.
Classic example of a top heavy team starting the season red-hot and not pacing themselves for the long season.
It's unfortunate too cause I like a lot of their players.

DMAVS41
03-26-2014, 01:13 PM
the NBA really needs to get rid of conferences

just have division winners automatically make it and go from there.

its ridiculous that for the past 10-15 years the top few seeds in the EC have basically gotten a bye in the first round.

Exactly. How stupid is it that we have to watch that shit show...and at least one damn good team is out in the West.

Not to mention that the Wolves, Nuggets, and Pelicans would probably be in the playoffs if they played in the shitty East. The Wolves would be for sure...

Total joke and they really need to fix it. Just way too big of an advantage to get more easy wins in the regular season and then at least 1 bye in the first round each year for the top teams.

DMAVS41
03-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Earlier in the season, I pointed out everything you said to a friend of mine and he laughed at me. He said they'd definitely be in the conference finals.
Classic example of a top heavy team starting the season red-hot and not pacing themselves for the long season.

This is true, but at the same time, in the playoffs...you don't need that depth nearly as much.

Depth is way more helpful in the regular season than it is in the playoffs.

The Blazers are actually well suited for the playoffs if they are healthy...or at least much better off in the playoffs.

You really only need 7 or 8 guys in the playoffs...and the Blazers have a legit 6 for sure. Still no ideal on depth, but they have a pretty ****ing scary top 6.

fpliii
03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
lol

Copperhead
03-26-2014, 01:17 PM

Even earlier on when they were playing well and had a great record, they just didn't have the look that they'd go far. On another board some of the fans already think they need a coaching change. LOL.

YouGotServed
03-26-2014, 01:19 PM
This is true, but at the same time, in the playoffs...you don't need that depth nearly as much.

The Blazers are actually well suited for the playoffs if they are healthy...or at least much better off in the playoffs.

You really only need 7 or 8 guys in the playoffs...and the Blazers have a legit 6 for sure. Still no ideal on depth, but they have a pretty ****ing scary top 6.

The Blazers aren't scary at all. :oldlol: The Warriors have a better chance at beating Houston.

DMAVS41
03-26-2014, 01:20 PM
The Blazers aren't scary at all. :oldlol: The Warriors have a better chance at beating Houston.

If you think a healthy Blazers team is not scary to the Rockets you are ****ing insane.

I do like the Warriors roster better...

TaLvsCuaL
03-26-2014, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/94B9sA9.gif

Deuce Bigalow
03-26-2014, 01:31 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196fuarapyylmgif/k-bigpic.gif

sketchy
03-26-2014, 03:05 PM

Very true about not needing so much depth in the playoffs.
I was pointing out their relatively shallow roster as a reason for why I thought they'd get gassed (like they have) and banged up (like they have, at least Lamarcus has).
They haven't been able to lean on the bench and pace themselves over the long regular season to stay healthy to be effective in the playoffs.
I agree though, when healthy, their top 6 can compete with any other team's top 6/7.
With that being said, I still wouldn't trust their heavy reliance on jump-shooting to win games in the playoffs.
Ah well, maybe next year.