no pun intended
03-26-2014, 10:01 PM
In before PleezeBelieve.

Detroit
#savethepick

bisk
Bigger story is how the **** we got back into this game...twice.

RedBlackAttack
In before PleezeBelieve.
No doubt he just made a mess in his pants. That was pretty.

Dr. Ice
Waiting for link

Detroit
03-26-2014, 10:02 PM

Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings, that's how:applause:

RedBlackAttack
Waiting for link
It's on the way.

no pun intended
No doubt he just made a mess in his pants. That was pretty.
Ya I have to admit that I'm very impressed by Dion Waiters's performance ever since Kyrie got injured.

bisk
03-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings, that's how:applause:

I honestly turned the game off after Josh hit 3 straight long jumpers including a 3.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Detroit looked pretty apathetic about winning the game from the start. The Cavs were shooting 38% from the field, 61% from the line and 18% from three through the first three quarters.

I wasn't too shocked that we were able to get back in it once the shots started falling... though, Jack continuing to be clutch down the stretch of games is a nice surprise.

This was a huge win for our slim playoff hopes.

All praise Dion.

STATUTORY
03-26-2014, 10:04 PM
cleveland looking like a genuine team ever since that cancer kyrie sitting out

bisk
03-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Detroit looked pretty apathetic about winning the game from the start. The Cavs were shooting 38% from the field, 61% from the line and 18% from three through the first three quarters.

I wasn't too shocked that we were able to get back in it once the shots started falling... though, Jack continuing to be clutch down the stretch of games is a nice surprise.

This was a huge win for our slim playoff hopes.

All praise Dion.

Delly was hitting shots aswell today, really happy for him .:applause:

Rake2204
03-26-2014, 10:07 PM
With Detroit's season gone, I found myself anti-phased with that shot. I was actually kind of glad it went in, just for the sake of excitement.

That said, 28 feet? Wasn't it a step or two inside the three point line?

RedBlackAttack
Ya I have to admit that I'm very impressed by Dion Waiters's performance ever since Kyrie got injured.
He was averaging 23 points 6+ assists and 4 rebounds sans Kyrie coming into tonight... then hits a buzzer-beater.

Yeah, impressive to say the least.

bdreason
I was watching the boxscore/play-by-play on ESPN because I have both Waiters and Dellevedova on my fantasy team. Teams took 4 timeouts before that play was able to happen... was driving me crazy.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Delly was hitting shots aswell today, really happy for him .:applause:
Love me some Delly. His numbers may not show it, but I don't think there are a ton of rookies who have had better, more impactful years than Delly. He's the guard version of Andy.

bdreason
03-26-2014, 10:08 PM
And ESPN called it a 19-footer.

HylianNightmare
03-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Can't wait to see

jbryan1984
03-26-2014, 10:09 PM
I literally jumped out of the recliner and screamed in joy, scared my baby and the girlfriend yelled at me.

$LakerGold
03-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Chauncey Billups, look at me now.... #2004

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:10 PM
And ESPN called it a 19-footer.
Yeah, that was a typo on my part. I fixed it. Step back jumper from just inside the three-point line.

bisk
03-26-2014, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaulFmoY39k

Pistons feed though, shame.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:18 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4193739/dion.gif

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:19 PM
Courtesy of RCF. Thanks guys.

http://i.imgflip.com/7rr95.gif

Kyrie going apesh!t.

T.O.RapsJays
03-26-2014, 10:20 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4193739/dion.gif
Deng's reaction...

He knew that was going in from the start.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:22 PM
http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/30731537/woocavs1.0_standard_709.0.jpg

^^^lolol Bennett

FKAri
03-26-2014, 10:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaulFmoY39k

El Gato Negro
03-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Waiters :bowdown: delly :pimp: RCF :cheers:

DukeDelonte13
03-26-2014, 10:31 PM
AB's reaction is priceless.

What a shot. Dion is the man. I wonder if people still think he was a horrible pick. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:55 PM
AB's reaction is priceless.

What a shot. Dion is the man. I wonder if people still think he was a horrible pick. :oldlol:
^^^You laugh, but I'm sure people still think so. It is hard to change those first impressions and not too many general NBA fans are watching the Cavs play at this point in the season.

Opinions will be slow to change... but Dion is a really good second year player. There's no denying it for those who are watching.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Here's AC and Fred calling the play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8-fwBLAR0

:cheers:

Meticode
03-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Here's AC and Fred calling the play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8-fwBLAR0

:cheers:
:roll:

"Let's get out of here before the Michigan State Police discover us!"

If you watch the play from the beginning, Jennings starts walking off the court with not a care in the world while the ball is still in the air, then the ball goes in and he has almost no reaction. :oldlol:

Josh Smith looks like he thinking, "This is bullshit."

JohnFreeman
03-26-2014, 11:20 PM
I have bought stock in Waiters. Future best SG

mugiwara
03-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Delly!!

boozehound
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
well, you were playing the worst 4th quarter team in the league. I gotta say, I was pissed coming out of class that we were up so ****ing much. Looks like the guards really pulled the cavs out of this game, as short-handed as they were.

coin24
03-27-2014, 12:37 AM
Cavs finally have a clutch player:applause:

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2014, 12:47 AM
well, you were playing the worst 4th quarter team in the league. I gotta say, I was pissed coming out of class that we were up so ****ing much. Looks like the guards really pulled the cavs out of this game, as short-handed as they were.
Yeah, the guards and Andy Varejao.

Andy made some key plays down the stretch, including a couple clutch baskets. But, most important were his 16 rebounds (7 offensive) and the fact that he held Drummond/Monroe in relative check. He's just so valuable when he is giving you extra possessions and defending like that.

The guards will get the glory and rightfully so, but we don't win this game without Andy.

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Cavs finally have a clutch player:applause:
Over/Under on number of times you've called Waiters a "bench scrub" over the past two years? 10... 20?

coin24
03-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Over/Under on number of times you've called Waiters a "bench scrub" over the past two years? 10... 20?

He's not a superstar, but he's the hero the Cavs need right now..
Bench scrub stepping up:cheers:

JohnFreeman
03-27-2014, 01:04 AM
I like Waiters shooting form. I wish he would spend an off season with Wade to pick up on some things

PleezeBelieve
03-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Waiters > Kyrie

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2014, 01:49 AM
He's not a superstar, but he's the hero the Cavs need right now..
Bench scrub stepping up:cheers:
He's 22 and in his second season... And he's spent those two years under two different coaches/systems.

It is undeniable that he has been one of the best players in that 2012 draft so far. He started the season in a rough patch due to the aforementioned new system, but he's playing great basketball right now on both ends.

I like Waiters shooting form. I wish he would spend an off season with Wade to pick up on some things

There was a time when I might have agreed with you, but I can't stand DWade these days. Lost all respect for him. He's a whiny little, arrogant b!tch. While they have similar builds/styles, I'd rather Dion pattern himself after someone with a little more character.

Wouldn't mind a guy like Clyde Drexler being brought on board as a consultant for Dion. He could teach him a few things about the in-between game and how to finish at a higher clip. Those are the two areas Dion needs more consistency with currently.

His jumper and defense have improved dramatically this season.

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Waiters <3 Kyrie
FYP

JohnFreeman
03-27-2014, 01:52 AM
There was a time when I might have agreed with you, but I can't stand DWade these days. Lost all respect for him. He's a whiny little, arrogant b!tch. While they have similar builds/styles, I'd rather Dion pattern himself after someone with a little more character.

Wouldn't mind a guy like Clyde Drexler being brought on board as a consultant for Dion. He could teach him a few things about the in-between game and how to finish at a higher clip. Those are the two areas Dion needs more consistency with currently.

His jumper and defense have improved dramatically this season.
I dunno, Wade could make an impact on him. Drexler would be good as well.

coin24
03-27-2014, 02:45 AM
Id keep him well clear of wade. Diva piece of shit..

So cavs fans, what would u like to see for the teams future?
Trade Kyrie while his value is high? Develop waiters more? Or keep both?
Could pleezebelieve actually be right?:facepalm

It's a shame they're basically shackled with a shit for brains coach, the team had potential coming into the season..

Uncle Drew
03-27-2014, 07:44 AM
ESPN took it to a whole new level.

http://puu.sh/7LmzH.png

:facepalm

MP.Trey
03-27-2014, 07:52 AM

Wow. ESPN. :facepalm

STATUTORY
03-27-2014, 07:53 AM

:oldlol: these espn cats desperate to get bran in a story about buzzer beater

DMV2
03-27-2014, 07:55 AM
ESPN no shame stanin' on Bronbron :oldlol:

coin24
03-27-2014, 10:01 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Have to make everything about bran..:facepalm

Bandito
03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
:oldlol: these espn cats desperate to get bran in a story about buzzer beater
:facepalm :roll:

DukeDelonte13
03-27-2014, 10:55 AM

It's a shame they're basically shackled with a shit for brains coach, the team had potential coming into the season..

Keep both.

Fudge
03-27-2014, 10:58 AM

No fcuking way. :roll: This can't be real.

BrownEye007
03-27-2014, 11:04 AM

:lol This ones a little extreme but it's shit like this that's gotten me to stop watching espn.

PleezeBelieve
03-27-2014, 11:46 AM
FYP

Once Dion gets better footwork in the post (step-backs, reverse pivots, up and unders), watch out!

Darius
03-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Ever since Waiters hung 7 3s on the Clips last year I've been watching for him.

For me, he is one of those guys where that prompts the following thought process:

"This guy is at his best with the ball in hands... is he good enough to have the ball in his hands on a winning team?"

Clearly he plays better without Kyrie... another guy that needs the ball in his hands.

Attila
03-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Pistons fan here and I about jumped up screaming of joy when Dion made that shot...... I'm sorry we can't afford to win useless games and then give up our pick to the damn Bobcats.

boozehound
03-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Pistons fan here and I about jumped up screaming of joy when Dion made that shot...... I'm sorry we can't afford to win useless games and then give up our pick to the damn Bobcats.
no doubt. We need to lose out if we can. The 8th spot does not guarantee us the 8th pick.

wally_world
03-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Love the commentary :applause:

wally_world
03-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Why didn't Detroit have Drummond/Monroe/Smith out there in the final 3 mins? I know that's usually a lousy lineup for them, but the Cavs were playing Jack/Waiters/Delly. They need to get Smith to post one of them up.

kurple
03-27-2014, 01:41 PM
lol, how were you not in the game. against the pistons

that sounds even more impressive

boozehound
03-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Why didn't Detroit have Drummond/Monroe/Smith out there in the final 3 mins? I know that's usually a lousy lineup for them, but the Cavs were playing Jack/Waiters/Delly. They need to get Smith to post one of them up.
they rarely play the three bigs all together in the 4th. We are also the worst 4th quarter team. basically, all the offense goes out the door and its smoove and jennings breaking the offense and hijacking the shots. pretty ****ing pathetic. But at this point in the season, the more we lose the better.

Rake2204
03-27-2014, 04:08 PM
they rarely play the three bigs all together in the 4th. We are also the worst 4th quarter team. basically, all the offense goes out the door and its smoove and jennings breaking the offense and hijacking the shots. pretty ****ing pathetic. But at this point in the season, the more we lose the better.So true. All of it.

dd24
03-27-2014, 07:35 PM

Absolutely. The Pistons really need as much of a chance as possible for the #8 spot.

red1
03-27-2014, 07:39 PM
just saw this. 'twas dirty

RedBlackAttack
03-27-2014, 08:36 PM

Keeping both is the clear answer. I'll say it again, prior to Kyrie getting injured, the Cavs were 10-7 since just before the All-Star break. However, Dion actually missed 7 games during that stretch. With both Kyrie and Dion in the lineup since Feb. 7, the Cavs are 7-3.

During those 10 games, this is what Kyrie and Dion were putting up together...

Dion Waiters
16.3 points on 48% FG, 38% 3pt, 70% FT
2.8 assists
3.0 rebounds
1.0 steals
in 25.2 minutes per game

Kyrie Irving
20.7 points on 44% FG, 47% 3pt, 87% FT
6.1 assists
4.5 rebounds
1.4 assists
in 38 minutes per game

The idea that they don't play well together doesn't quite mesh with the reality. Of course Dion's numbers are going to jump up when he is the team's primary playmaker and scorer, but even with Kyrie on the floor, his production has been very good in 2014. Over 16 points a game in just 25 minutes?

And, both guys are just 22. There's no reason to consider separating these guys so early in their careers. I'm confident it can work and it has worked well, albeit in a small sample size.

ihoopallday
03-27-2014, 08:52 PM
:roll: :roll: That commentator

G-train
03-27-2014, 08:59 PM

Because they want to lose the rest of their games for draft purposes.
They need to increase the chances of their pick being 8 or lower.

secund2nun
03-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Can the Cavs do anything right??? They are supposed to be tanking yet they randomly win 2 games in a row again.

dd24
03-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Can the Cavs do anything right??? They are supposed to be tanking yet they randomly win 2 games in a row again.

They'll probably somehow end up with the 1st pick again :lol

Meticode
03-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Screw the draft, been tanking for the last 3 years.

RedBlackAttack
03-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Actually, they've won three in a row. And, they're nowhere near tanking this season. That's been obvious for quite some time. They're only a couple games out of a playoff spot and they rightly should be making a push. In general, teams with 30 wins and a month to go in the season don't "tank."

Young talent is not this team's problem.

RedBlackAttack
03-28-2014, 02:54 AM
The national media finally beginning to catch on?

Another View: Dion Waiters' emergence

http://msn.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/RSN/Ohio/2014/02/14/021414-FSO-NBA-Waiters1-PI.vadapt.955.medium.29.jpg

Watching Dion Waiters can be one of the NBA's greatest thrills. The Cleveland Cavaliers' second-year stud runs the finest of lines between team and ego, combustible under the power of his own singular skill set.

His sculpted, swaggering self cuts through the lane with one of the best first steps in basketball, his shooting is sweet as it gets, and when his game is on and his head is straight Waiters becomes a servant to his teammates, intuitively distributing toward a well-oiled offense. He's even shown potential as a defender -- instinctively, nastily snagging steals for easy breakaways.

Put more simply: Waiters can ball. He might be one of the most talented players of his generation.

That Waiters sometimes miscalculates his prowess and functions primarily to serve his vanity--or a point within a long-standing "who's better" argument with teammate Kyrie Irving--makes his recent emergence all the more worth cherishing.

Waiters' conflict is a typical one, and a slippery slope we lose many a player down. Huge talents have and will always be marginalized in the league when their belief in their ability becomes detached from either a larger team concept, the evolution of craft, or both. Everyone--even LeBron James--needs to change their game and maintain a court connection to others with the intensity of a missile, just to keep status quo with their competitors.

Waiters has come into his own, increasingly less frightened by the prospect that he lives in Irving's shadow, looking for his mega-talented teammate more than ever through the team's best shining February--the Cavs were 8-6 through that span, the only month they've spent above .500 this season. Perhaps something was learned through the string of ego kerfuffles between the two ballers. Waiters is now making good on his potential after the dust of his and Irving's conflict has settled.

He went through a similar growth period in college, once referring to himself as a "caged lion" as Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim skimped on his minutes. But once Boheim and Waiters came to better terms and he was given his chance, Waiters led his team to an Elite Eight appearance in the NCAA tournament and collected Sixth Man of the Year distinction in the Big East, to go along with an Honorable Mention All-American distinction.

So despite the problems the Cavs and Waiters have had, and despite another rough season marked by injuries and sloppy losses, the future in Cleveland is looking brighter today. Through the dirt of 2013-14's difficulty the Cavaliers come out with a newly minted warrior. Rebuilding has never seemed as easy as it does with two elite offensive players at the core of the team's starting lineup. Dion Waiters' coming-of-age saga is the sterling silver lining of a disappointing season, and cause for optimism with the team regardless of how they re-shift the roster this summer.

The lion has been uncaged anew.

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/another-view-dion-waiters-emergence-032714)

:applause:

DukeDelonte13
03-28-2014, 08:04 AM
The national media finally beginning to catch on?

Another View: Dion Waiters' emergence

http://msn.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/RSN/Ohio/2014/02/14/021414-FSO-NBA-Waiters1-PI.vadapt.955.medium.29.jpg

Watching Dion Waiters can be one of the NBA's greatest thrills. The Cleveland Cavaliers' second-year stud runs the finest of lines between team and ego, combustible under the power of his own singular skill set.

His sculpted, swaggering self cuts through the lane with one of the best first steps in basketball, his shooting is sweet as it gets, and when his game is on and his head is straight Waiters becomes a servant to his teammates, intuitively distributing toward a well-oiled offense. He's even shown potential as a defender -- instinctively, nastily snagging steals for easy breakaways.

Put more simply: Waiters can ball. He might be one of the most talented players of his generation.

That Waiters sometimes miscalculates his prowess and functions primarily to serve his vanity--or a point within a long-standing "who's better" argument with teammate Kyrie Irving--makes his recent emergence all the more worth cherishing.

Waiters' conflict is a typical one, and a slippery slope we lose many a player down. Huge talents have and will always be marginalized in the league when their belief in their ability becomes detached from either a larger team concept, the evolution of craft, or both. Everyone--even LeBron James--needs to change their game and maintain a court connection to others with the intensity of a missile, just to keep status quo with their competitors.

Waiters has come into his own, increasingly less frightened by the prospect that he lives in Irving's shadow, looking for his mega-talented teammate more than ever through the team's best shining February--the Cavs were 8-6 through that span, the only month they've spent above .500 this season. Perhaps something was learned through the string of ego kerfuffles between the two ballers. Waiters is now making good on his potential after the dust of his and Irving's conflict has settled.

He went through a similar growth period in college, once referring to himself as a "caged lion" as Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim skimped on his minutes. But once Boheim and Waiters came to better terms and he was given his chance, Waiters led his team to an Elite Eight appearance in the NCAA tournament and collected Sixth Man of the Year distinction in the Big East, to go along with an Honorable Mention All-American distinction.

So despite the problems the Cavs and Waiters have had, and despite another rough season marked by injuries and sloppy losses, the future in Cleveland is looking brighter today. Through the dirt of 2013-14's difficulty the Cavaliers come out with a newly minted warrior. Rebuilding has never seemed as easy as it does with two elite offensive players at the core of the team's starting lineup. Dion Waiters' coming-of-age saga is the sterling silver lining of a disappointing season, and cause for optimism with the team regardless of how they re-shift the roster this summer.

The lion has been uncaged anew.

Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/another-view-dion-waiters-emergence-032714)

:applause:

D-Wait is without a doubt one of the best young SG's in the game. It's unfortunate he's had such an underserved negative reputation simply because he wasn't the conventional pick at #4. I'm sure you are well aware there are plenty of national writers that still think he's a bum. :confusedshrug:

Nice to see him start to get some respect though.

Jailblazers7
03-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Who are the Cavs targeting in the draft? I think I'd really enjoy seeing Aaron Gordon on that team. That guy has Shawn Marion 2.0 written all over him imo.