Just2McFly
03-26-2014, 10:59 PM
he is the bobcats

CelticBaller
03-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Best Center in the East :applause:

DonDadda59
03-26-2014, 11:03 PM
He's been playing like a boss this season. One of the last real Centers alive :applause:

ProfessorMurder
03-26-2014, 11:06 PM
We should update the phrase "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really happen?" to, "If Big Al drops another monster game in Charlotte and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?"

JerryWest
03-26-2014, 11:07 PM
who?

Quizno
03-26-2014, 11:07 PM
i saw it, i loved it. thank you based al. too bad he doesn't really get any recognition, he's the only reason the bobcats are relevant this season. they'd be beyond terrible without him. nba.com needs to at least put him as an honorable mention on their MVP list

no pun intended
03-26-2014, 11:08 PM
i saw it, i loved it. thank you based al. too bad he doesn't really get any recognition, he's the only reason the bobcats are relevant this season. they'd be beyond terrible without him. nba.com needs to at least put him as an honorable mention on their MVP list
For what it's worth, I think Big Al has a good chance of being on the All NBA Third Team though.

Xiao Yao You
03-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Had 35/15 tonight...

Again, nobody cares :(

I care. I'm glad he's putting up empty stats for someone else.

Quizno
03-26-2014, 11:21 PM
this ****ing guy :lol

Yankstar
03-26-2014, 11:29 PM

:applause: 8/10 trolling almost sold me. Mean while...

http://grizzlybomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/yao505.jpg

Legends66NBA7
03-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Had 35/15 tonight...

Again, nobody cares :(

I was checking out the Nets/Cats game early on, before tuning back into the Raps/C's game.

He might have an argument for best C in the league. For what he's done for the Bobcats can't be denied.

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2014, 12:06 AM
I was checking out the Nets/Cats game early on, before tuning back into the Raps/C's game.

He might have an argument for best C in the league. For what he's done for the Bobcats can't be denied.

He's made them a sub .500 team in the lEast, :rolleyes:

Legends66NBA7
03-27-2014, 12:26 AM
He's made them a sub .500 team in the lEast, :rolleyes:

Come on, look at his roster. It's a miracle they are even talking playoffs in Charlotte.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Best Center in the East :applause:
http://cdn2-www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/uploads/2009/05/file_52609_5_jnb7.jpg

Smook A.
03-27-2014, 12:32 AM
Al Jefferson is a top-five offensive center of the past decade. There. I said it. It's out there in the open for you to accept or reject, but if you choose to reject it, you would be incorrect. Just looking at pure offensive skill, and ignoring the opposite side of the floor, there aren't many centers who are better than Big Al.

I would also place Al Jefferson in the top five of "players who, no matter where they go, never win many games". Corey Maggette leads this group, obviously. Quentin Richardson and Elton Brand are up there. I'm sure I'm missing some, but I'm still waiting for the day when an Al Jefferson-led team does something other than make a first-round playoff exit.

Very underrated player and deserves wayyy more credit. He should be an Al-Star... see what I did there... yeah.

Harison
03-27-2014, 12:34 AM
We should update the phrase "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really happen?" to, "If Big Al drops another monster game in Charlotte and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?"

:roll: :applause:

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Al Jefferson is a top-five offensive center of the past decade.

As long as you want a one man offense. If you want your whole team involved in the offense than Al is not one of the best.

Akrazotile
03-27-2014, 01:40 AM
It sounds like hes doing pretty good.

Can the Heat get him?

DMV2
03-27-2014, 06:46 AM
As long as you want a one man offense. If you want your whole team involved in the offense than Al is not one of the best.
Stop drinking that hateraide.

MP.Trey
03-27-2014, 06:56 AM
The day a Big Al thread is posted, and this guy isn't on the first page hating, is the day this guy quits ISH. Damn. :lol

ihatetimthomas
03-27-2014, 07:10 AM
Al Jefferson is a top-five offensive center of the past decade. There. I said it. It's out there in the open for you to accept or reject, but if you choose to reject it, you would be incorrect. Just looking at pure offensive skill, and ignoring the opposite side of the floor, there aren't many centers who are better than Big Al.

I would also place Al Jefferson in the top five of "players who, no matter where they go, never win many games". Corey Maggette leads this group, obviously. Quentin Richardson and Elton Brand are up there. I'm sure I'm missing some, but I'm still waiting for the day when an Al Jefferson-led team does something other than make a first-round playoff exit.

Very underrated player and deserves wayyy more credit. He should be an Al-Star... see what I did there... yeah.

You are going to be waiting a eternity then. No team led by so Jefferson is going to make noise in the playoffs. He would have to be a 2nd option to a superstar. I am not trying to discredit him. He is one if the most skilled big men in the game by he just doesn't have it in him to be the guy on a contending team.

coin24
03-27-2014, 07:14 AM
He's been beasting this season, actually makes the bobcats watchable. Great signing:applause:
If they had a few more shooters they'd be even better. He does kick it out when doubled but the cats have f all 3 point shooters..

ZenMaster
03-27-2014, 07:14 AM

Don't think that's how that phrase goes, but point taken.

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Stop drinking that hateraide.

No hate for Al. Just thankful he's leading someone else to mediocrity. :cheers:

Xiao Yao You
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
How they getting a superstar? Superstar's need the ball in their hands as does Al.

Smoke117
03-27-2014, 09:17 AM
I really don't understand why so many people overrate Jefferson. His efficiency for a big man is crap. He takes a lot of shots to get his points and doesn't bang at all. There is nothing that he does that is all that special offensively. He averages 21.6 points on 18.8 shots...what about that is exactly impressive? He's basically been the same exact player the last 6 years. He's never going to be a game changer on a good team.

rufuspaul
03-27-2014, 12:39 PM

About 16,000 of us watched him last night. Great game. It also featured a strong performance from CDR, Kemba and this dunk by McBob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2eue4Fq3PA

hawksdogsbraves
03-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Once Kemba elevates his game, and the bobcats get a superstar who can take over games, then big Al will fit in perfectly and the bobcats will be a very good team.

And how exactly is that going to happen? No superstars are coming to Charlotte in free agency, and you won't get any superstars by making the 7 seed and picking in the low 20's. Trust me, I know.

rufuspaul
03-27-2014, 03:40 PM
And how exactly is that going to happen? No superstars are coming to Charlotte in free agency, and you won't get any superstars by making the 7 seed and picking in the low 20's. Trust me, I know.

It's frustrating for smaller market teams. You can trade but you end up giving up a lot of assets. You can tank and hope for luck with the ping pong balls (how well has that worked for the cats?). And even if you do get lucky and land a superstar, there's no guarantee they won't pull a LeBron and take their talents elsewhere once free agency comes around.

I think the key is a combination of moves that steadily improves the team. Collect assets, don't overspend, add the right kind of value players that will improve with experience. Look at the Raptors this year.

2LeTTeRS
03-27-2014, 04:05 PM

Well, right now we're betting on the guy we get with the Pistons pick turning into that guy. Its top 8 protected this year; which means its a 50/50 chance we'll get it this year given how poorly the Pistons are playing. However that could actually be a good thing for us; as next year the pick is only protected for the top pick, and finally its unprotected in '16.

rufuspaul
03-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Well, right now we're betting on the guy we get with the Pistons pick turning into that guy. Its top 8 protected this year; which means its a 50/50 chance we'll get it this year given how poorly the Pistons are playing. However that could actually be a good thing for us; as next year the pick is only protected for the top pick, and finally its unprotected in '16.

That was a smart move on Cho's part. I just wish we'd have gotten something out of Ben Gordon's expiring contract but no one was biting.