PDA

View Full Version : Is Roy Hibbert's game against Miami mental?

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:08 AM
I think dude is just not that good of a player, but he always turns into olajuwon against miami. To be honest, other centers dont usually explode against miami like hibbert does either, so is it mental, or does he just destroy miami?

JohnFreeman
03-27-2014, 03:09 AM
He is pretty awful for his size

Smook A.
03-27-2014, 03:12 AM
I think he bring his A game vs the Heat because...

1. The Heat and Pacers have a rivalry. That obviously must lit a fire under him

2. Heat have undersized big men. When Bosh switches on Hibbert, he gets destroyed almost every time.

JT123
03-27-2014, 03:17 AM
It's easy to play well when you know the refs will never call a foul on you.

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:20 AM
It's easy to play well when you know the refs will never call a foul on you.
he scores a lot too though

JohnMax
03-27-2014, 03:20 AM
Sign and trade Bosh to Houston for Asik. Sign Carmelo Anthony.

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:21 AM
I think he bring his A game vs the Heat because...

1. The Heat and Pacers have a rivalry. That obviously must lit a fire under him

2. Heat have undersized big men. When Bosh switches on Hibbert, he gets destroyed almost every time.
while i dont disagree, the same cant be said for other centers that have even better offense than hibbert~that's why i think its partly mental.
People basically EXPECT hibbert to turn in to a beast against miami, otherwise they wont be in the talk of getting out of the east at all.

SAKOTXA
03-27-2014, 03:22 AM
Houston would be unbeatable with Bosh at PF

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:22 AM
Bosh is valuable for the heat though, his pick and pops with james/wade and his outside shooting is critical to the heat's success. Bosh>Asik, and imo melo is not leaving new york

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:23 AM
Houston would be unbeatable with Bosh at PF
this too, bosh fits perfectly with dwight, dont think the heat will risk that either

DoodleDa
03-27-2014, 03:24 AM
The dude is 10 feet tall, can't grab rebounds, and prides himself on earning verticalities.

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:25 AM
The dude is 10 feet tall, can't grab rebounds, and prides himself on earning verticalities.
without him the heat would sweep the pacers:confusedshrug:
it is what it is

buddha
03-27-2014, 03:29 AM
To be honest, other centers dont usually explode against miami like hibbert does either

from a fantasy stand-point Miami is one of the worst teams in the nba against centers.

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 03:30 AM
from a fantasy stand-point Miami is one of the worst teams in the nba against centers.
this makes me interested, where can you check up the stats for each center playing against miami game by game? I know a lot of bigs have big games against miami but they dont suddenly average twice what they were averaging.

FLDFSU
03-27-2014, 04:01 AM
Honestly, it is because Hibbert, like Noah, have a hardon for MIA. I remember last year the Pacers just defeated the Hawks, and Hibbert was being interviewed post game. All he could talk about was Miami and how much they wanted to beat them.

Note, the Heat were no where on the Pacer's upcoming schedule at the time.

Honestly, if the Pacers don't play Miami in the playoffs, or if they defeat them in the ECF, the Pacers might not even travel to the Finals.

They literally would have accomplished their goal for the season.

Random_Guy
03-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Honestly, it is because Hibbert, like Noah, have a hardon for MIA. I remember last year the Pacers just defeated the Hawks, and Hibbert was being interviewed post game. All he could talk about was Miami and how much they wanted to beat them.

Note, the Heat were no where on the Pacer's upcoming schedule at the time.

Honestly, if the Pacers don't play Miami in the playoffs, or if they defeat them in the ECF, the Pacers might not even travel to the Finals.

They literally would have accomplished their goal for the season.
:cheers: didnt know that

wally_world
03-27-2014, 07:55 AM
The Pacers best defense is offense. If Bynum gets healthy it'll be crazy for the Heat. Hibbert/Bynum forces them to play a more traditional lineup (either Bosh sits or Bosh plays the 4) which really closes the driving lane for LeBron. When Mahimni came in today the Heat immediately hit 3 treys.