$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Vince Carter in Toronto?
TMAC in?
Steve Nash in Dallas or Phoenix?
Dirk - Locked.
Jason Kidd in ?
Rasheed Wallace in Detroit?
IMO, I think they need to retire at least 3 or 2 of the players's number from 04'. Sheed, Chauncey, & Rip?
Once it's said & done, will Melo ever get his number retired by the Nuggets?
Gasol in LA & Memphis?

Gary Payton is ****ed.

3peated
03-27-2014, 11:42 AM
i agree with carter/dirk/wallace and possibly gasol

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 11:46 AM
KG in Minny or Boston?

Mass Debator
03-27-2014, 11:47 AM
KG in Minny or Boston?
Definitely in Minny and probably in Boston.

leMVP
03-27-2014, 11:48 AM
KG in Minny or Boston?

Both if possible.

He played his Heart out for both franchises.

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Chris Webber? Peja? Mike Bibby?

mr.big35
03-27-2014, 11:55 AM
KG in Minny or Boston?
of course in minny. boston no as much as like kg

Akrazotile
03-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Boston should retire Kobes number since he helped them win one and almost two titles.

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Both if possible.

He played his Heart out for both franchises.I Agree.

SpecialQue
03-27-2014, 12:02 PM
The Heat need to retire more numbers of players who were actually on the team.

The Magic need to retire ANY number.

Mass Debator
03-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Cleveland should retire #23 in respect for Jordan.

SexSymbol
03-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Vince Carter in Toronto?
TMAC in?
Dirk - Locked.
Jason Kidd in ?
IMO, I think they need to retire at least 3 or 2 of the players's number from 04'. Sheed, Chauncey, & Rip?
Gasol in LA & Memphis?

Gary Payton is ****ed.
You must be joking.

Attila
03-27-2014, 12:41 PM
Ben Wallace I think would be the first one from that 2004 championship squad to get his number retired.

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Ben Wallace I think would be the first one from that 2004 championship squad to get his number retired.
Why? He jumped ships after 06? or 05?

Myth
03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Vince Carter in Toronto?
TMAC in?
Dirk - Locked.
Jason Kidd in ?
Gasol in LA & Memphis?

Gary Payton is ****ed.

Carter - none
Nash - Phoenix
Kidd - Nets and Dallas
Rasheed - Detroit only if they really want to honor the championship team, but only played 5.5 seasons averaging under 15ppg and about 7rpg. If he is honored, the whole starting line-up likely will be.
Melo in Denver? Depends on how bitter things stay. He left in a majorly douchey way.
Pau - Lakers only

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 12:44 PM
You must be joking.
??

Myth
03-27-2014, 12:50 PM

4 time all-star and 4 time defensive player of the year with the team. He also came back to the team later for 3 seasons, and played a total of 9 seasons with the team. Him and Chauncey are the 2 most obvious ones from Detroit to be retired. Rip is behind both of them, and then Prince and Wallace are next.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-27-2014, 12:52 PM
If DET is retiring Sheed Wallace, they gotta retire Prince's jersey number. His lock down defense on Kobe was the main reason they won that championship, IMO.

Bandito
03-27-2014, 12:54 PM
He was being a paid a lot of money at the time. I dont blame him for breaking the core

Attila
03-27-2014, 12:55 PM
4 time all-star and 4 time defensive player of the year with the team. He also came back to the team later for 3 seasons, and played a total of 9 seasons with the team. Him and Chauncey are the 2 most obvious ones from Detroit to be retired. Rip is behind both of them, and then Prince and Wallace are next.
Couldn't of said it better. Wallace along with Chauncey were the driving forces for that squad.... you have to remember Rasheed came in at the deadline the same year we won the title. Honoring that starting lineup would be nice. All were equally needed for that title.

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 12:55 PM
True.

But he totally f*cked up their lineup forcing the Pistons to sign Mcdyess. Signed with the Bulls for a bigger payday, there's no loyalty in there.

Basketbolero
03-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Vince Carter in Toronto?
TMAC in?
Dirk - Locked.
Jason Kidd in ?
Gasol in LA & Memphis?

Gary Payton is ****ed.
Half of those players need to retire themselves

Attila
03-27-2014, 12:59 PM
True.

But he totally f*cked up their lineup forcing the Pistons to sign Mcdyess. Signed with the Bulls for a bigger payday, there's no loyalty in there.
Bro.... shut up. McDyess and Wallace played a year together.

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Bro.... shut up. McDyess and Wallace played a year together.
Oh, a year. Okay?

Myth
03-27-2014, 01:01 PM
True.

He was paid less than the average player in the NBA for the first few years of his career (4 years under $1M) and then was still way underpaid for the Pistons. He earned a huge pay day, and if the Pistons weren't willing to give it to him, then by all means let him go. Its not like he was good after he left anyway.

Attila
03-27-2014, 01:12 PM
Oh, a year. Okay?
Yup so what does that mean? Mcdyess signing had nothing to do with Wallace leaving. Maybe had you mentioned Piston trying to bring in Nazr Mohammed as the immediate replacement of Wallace.

$LakerGold
03-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Yup so what does that mean? Mcdyess signing had nothing to do with Wallace leaving. Maybe had you mentioned Piston trying to bring in Nazr Mohammed as the immediate replacement of Wallace.
I never said it had anything to do with Wallace leaving. I was talking about his loyalty to the team.

5 - Sheed
4 - Mcdyess
3 - Tayshaun
2 - Rip
1 - Chauncey

Flip moved Sheed to Center & had Nazr backing him up. But Mcdyess would play at 5 in the defensive end 50%-70% of the time.

But yeah, okay. He earned that payday. I still don't think the Piston's should retire his jersey.

aboss4real24
03-27-2014, 01:23 PM
spurs need to retire Ray allens number

Qwyjibo
03-27-2014, 02:03 PM
There hasn't been any great player that has played long enough and done enough for the Raptors to have their number retired. People need to stop thinking that the Raptors must retire Vince's number. That's ridiculous. He had several great years, but didn't stay long enough and wasn't a part of any truly great teams where he was the top player.

The Raptors have only been around for 20 years. They simply haven't yet had a player worthy of that honour.

moe94
03-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Dude, Carter made the Raps relevant. I think he deserves it as much as anyone does.^

Miami needs to retire Kobe's 24 and 8

Genaro
03-27-2014, 02:37 PM
Nash in Phoenix and Kidd in NJ/Brooklyn are locks.

Manila
03-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Shaq in boston/cleveland

red1
03-27-2014, 06:09 PM
There hasn't been any great player that has played long enough and done enough for the Raptors to have their number retired. People need to stop thinking that the Raptors must retire Vince's number. That's ridiculous. He had several great years, but didn't stay long enough and wasn't a part of any truly great teams where he was the top player.

The Raptors have only been around for 20 years. They simply haven't yet had a player worthy of that honour.
disagree. definitely need to retire his jersey

Myth
03-27-2014, 06:40 PM
spurs need to retire Ray allens number

I think you mean the Heat need to retire Manu's.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/crazydonovan12/ManuFMVP_zps7fbfdf4b.png (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/crazydonovan12/media/ManuFMVP_zps7fbfdf4b.png.html)

Derka
03-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Both if possible.

He played his Heart out for both franchises.

Agree with this.

FatComputerNerd
03-27-2014, 07:01 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Lebron's 23 should be retired in Cleveland someday.

I'm sure plenty of fellow Clevelanders are still bitter and would disagree, but he did give us some really great years.