PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan. #1 Reason why he might get 6 Rings

westsideozzie
03-27-2014, 12:59 PM
While most players regress after thirty because of their diminshed athleticism, Timmy continues to kill because he may have been one of the most balanced, and well coordinated big men ever.I think the sport of swimming helped him in so many ways that we cant appreciate because it had to help his stamina and overall fluidness. 7 foot cat doing the butterfly has to be impressive!

He never relied on jumping to dominate, and with his length he is going to be like MJ was at 38. Smashing cats with dropsteps, bankshots, and a plethora of post moves that these young dudes are not accustomed too. If his knees hold up, he should get two more rings. An offensive rebound and a free throw and we could have been looking at maybe 7 titles...

sd3035
03-27-2014, 01:04 PM
While most players regress after thirty because of their diminshed athleticism, Timmy continues to kill because he may have been one of the most balanced, and well coordinated big men ever.I think the sport of swimming helped him in so many ways that we cant appreciate because it had to help his stamina and overall fluidness. 7 foot cat doing the butterfly has to be impressive!

He never relied on jumping to dominate, and with his length he is going to be like MJ was at 38. Smashing cats with dropsteps, bankshots, and a plethora of post moves that these young dudes are not accustomed too. If his knees hold up, he should get two more rings. An offensive rebound and a free throw and we could have been looking at maybe 7 titles...

lol I don't think it's swimming, it's basketball fundamentals

oarabbus
03-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Whoa, Duncan is amazing but 2 more rings is pushing it. He has one left in the tank if all goes well.

Choke
03-27-2014, 03:21 PM
I have such respect for this man. I do not believe he can still get two more rings, but one could do. He is simply amazing, putting 29 points with 13 rebounds at age of 38 in todays NBA, where athleticism matters the most.

jstern
03-27-2014, 05:01 PM
It seems like yesterday they were showing videos of Duncan swimming, before he entered the league. Now he's an old man. He's been in the league for a while, but it seems too soon.

SexSymbol
03-27-2014, 05:02 PM
He may retire after this year. So he hasn't got any rings left, OKC will demolish them

russwest0
03-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Imagine if Pop had a guy like Durant to play 45 minutes a night in the playofs.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

r0drig0lac
03-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Imagine if Pop had a guy like Durant to play 45 minutes a night in the playofs.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
can still happen .... durant for Spurs / kawhi + two 1st rnd for thunder :lol :cheers:

ThePhantomCreep
03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Duncan has declined significantly since 30, wth?

A 29/13 game from TD wasn't cause for celebration in his younger days.

JellyBean
03-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Whoa. Slow down there. Duncan is a great talent. However the Spurs will not win 2 more rings for Duncan.

Cold soul
03-27-2014, 06:13 PM
I think one more title is possible but two is pushing it.

tgan3
03-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Yeah having great basketball fundamentals assure a long career. Not only for big men, look at stockton who played at a high level till 40.

Those who rely on athleticism might be the "better" player for a short span but usually its downhill very fast after hitting 30.

Euroleague
03-27-2014, 07:13 PM
He was washed up years ago. He can't even last more than 5 minutes at one time going full out. What the hell are you watching? He hasn't played actual real defense against anyone in years.

Uncle Drew
03-27-2014, 07:13 PM
He was washed up years ago. He can't even last more than 5 minutes at one time going full out. What the hell are you watching? He hasn't played defense against anyone in years.
^ haha

Basketbolero
03-27-2014, 07:41 PM
He was washed up years ago. He can't even last more than 5 minutes at one time going full out. What the hell are you watching? He hasn't played actual real defense against anyone in years.
You exposed yourself as a stupid troll there. No fan of european basketball disrespects Duncan like that.