PDA

View Full Version : How Similar are '14 Heat to '93 Bulls?

supermechasonic
03-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Both teams have the best player (I favor Lebron over Durant) who will be dethroned as MVP and are coming off back to back championships.

The Heat, like the Bulls, will likely not have HCA in the ECF and almost definitely not in the Finals if they make it that far.

Indiana like the Knicks serve as rivals to the Heat.

etc.

I could go on. These observations have all been very surface level. Can anyone with a strong knowledge of the '93 Bulls comment on similarities/differences?

Uncle Drew
03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
Back to back champions, with the best player in the world (who had just won back to back MVPs and Finals MVPs. He was the favourite to win MVP again, but his friend and rival, the offensively gifted, high scoring forward from the western conference had a career year and won the MVP for the first time in his career. The champions had a down regular season, winning less than 60 games, but still good for 2nd seed in the conference. This was mostly due to the fatigue of two straight championship run in addition to the Olympic run of their best player. The champs lost the 1st seed to the rugged, all time great defensive team anchored by a 7 foot defensive behemoth. The champs, however, ended up beating the 1st seed in 7 games, and moved onto the finals where they faced the first time MVP and his explosive point guard sidekick. In a tough, close series, the champs three peated in 6 games.

Am I talking about the 93 Bulls or the 14 Heat?

IncarceratedBob
03-27-2014, 04:31 PM
MJ was clearly the best player on the planet and nobody could check him, LeBron isn't on his level.

DaSeba5
03-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Back to back champions, with the best player in the world (who had just won back to back MVPs and Finals MVPs. He was the favourite to win MVP again, but his friend and rival, the offensively gifted, high scoring forward from the western conference had a career year and won the MVP for the first time in his career. The champions had a down regular season, winning less than 60 games, but still good for 2nd seed in the conference. This was mostly due to the fatigue of two straight championship run in addition to the Olympic run of their best player. The champs lost the 1st seed to the rugged, all time great defensive team anchored by a 7 foot defensive behemoth. The champs, however, ended up beating the 1st seed in 7 games, and moved onto the finals where they faced the first time MVP and his explosive point guard sidekick. In a tough, close series, the champs three peated in 6 games.

That would be hilarious if the Heat do the same thing in the playoffs.

guy
03-27-2014, 04:50 PM
I'd say the difference between Jordan and Barkley was much higher then the difference between Lebron and Durant.

J Shuttlesworth
03-27-2014, 04:56 PM
I'd say the difference between Jordan and Barkley was much higher then the difference between Lebron and Durant.
I think some people forget how good prime Barkley was. There's a reason he snagged that MVP

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Back to back champions, with the best player in the world (who had just won back to back MVPs and Finals MVPs. He was the favourite to win MVP again, but his friend and rival, the offensively gifted, high scoring forward from the western conference had a career year and won the MVP for the first time in his career. The champions had a down regular season, winning less than 60 games, but still good for 2nd seed in the conference. This was mostly due to the fatigue of two straight championship run in addition to the Olympic run of their best player. The champs lost the 1st seed to the rugged, all time great defensive team anchored by a 7 foot defensive behemoth.The champs, however, ended up beating the 1st seed in 7 games, and moved onto the finals where they faced the first time MVP and his explosive point guard sidekick. In a tough, close series, the champs three peated in 6 games.

The Bulls beat the 1st seed in 6 games, not 7. They went down 0-2 in the series and then did a backdoor sweep.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-27-2014, 05:14 PM
I think some people forget how good prime Barkley was. There's a reason he snagged that MVP

I dont think anyone "forgets" how good he was. When you factor in defense, Jordan was simply another class of player.

KD and Bron are very much equal far as tiers go.

russwest0
03-27-2014, 05:19 PM
They are far more similar to the 2011 Lakers squad

AlphaWolf24
03-27-2014, 05:56 PM
1993 Bull's

MJ - Best player of the decade
Pippen - Top 10 player of the decade
Grant - Allstar Caliber PF
Armstrong - Allstar caliber PG
Cartwright - Scrub

1993 Suns

Barkley - Top 5 player of the decade/just quit on Phila and left after destroying team chemistry
Thunder Dan - Allstar caliber SG above average White guy
KJ - Allstar Caliber PG
Dumas - Scrub just outta Rehab
Ainge/Chamber's - Old white dudes who can shoot but suck at D/all else

2014 Heat

Lebron - Best player since 2011/ Top 10 player of the last 10 seasons
Wade - Top 10 player of the last 10 seasons
Bosh - Allstar PF top 10 - 15 players of the last 10 seasons
Ray Allen - GOAT 3 point shooter
Chalmers - Scrub

2014 Thunder

Durant - Allstar / looking like the best player in the L/best player of the 2010's
Westbrook - Allstar G top 10 player in the L
Ibaka - Solid young PF
Reggie - Decent
Sefo - Scrub

Heat are way more stacked...

guy
03-27-2014, 06:49 PM

I'm not forgetting. It obviously depends on what happens in the playoffs, but Durant might end up being considered the best player in the league by the end of the year, even better then Lebron. We know that didn't happen with Barkley in 93. And as of now, I'd say Jordan>Lebron>Durant>Barkley in this scenario.

sportjames23
03-27-2014, 07:47 PM

93 Bulls beat the Knicks in 6 games in the ECF.

Heat will lose to the Pacers doe.

sportjames23
03-27-2014, 07:48 PM
The Bulls beat the 1st seed in 6 games, not 7. They went down 0-2 in the series and then did a backdoor sweep.

Ninja'd :cheers:

HOoopCityJones
03-27-2014, 07:49 PM
More like my 2011 Lakers.

sportjames23
03-27-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm not forgetting. It obviously depends on what happens in the playoffs, but Durant might end up being considered the best player in the league by the end of the year, even better then Lebron. We know that didn't happen with Barkley in 93. And as of now, I'd say Jordan>Lebron>Durant>Barkley in this scenario.

Bro, to beat prime MJ for the MVP you have to be an All-Time great. That's how good 93 Barkley was. No way in hell would Lebron or Durant win an MVP over MJ, unless voters just got tired of voting for him.

I swear, Sir Charles gets no respect here. I can tell most here never seen him play in his prime.

mehyaM24
03-27-2014, 07:51 PM
bulls were stacked. miami? not so much

guy
03-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Bro, to beat prime MJ for the MVP you have to be an All-Time great. That's how good 93 Barkley was. No way in hell would Lebron or Durant win an MVP over MJ, unless voters just got tired of voting for him.

I swear, Sir Charles gets no respect here. I can tell most here never seen him play in his prime.

Ummm, they did get tired of voting for him. Bulls had a down year on top of that, coasting a bit with their 3rd straight title run and Jordan/Pippen coming off the Olympics as well.

I could see Lebron and Durant getting it over Jordan that year with their current play and if they had a better record. Voters were just looking for a reason to give it someone else.

mehyaM24
03-27-2014, 08:06 PM

barkley was a horrible defender. do you actually think he was better than peak lebron and kd? better 2 way players? funny thing is you probably never even watched him play. idiot.

Warfan
03-27-2014, 08:10 PM
suns were overrated, nearly got swept by LA that year and then ofcourse game 7 wcf...

i dont think the heat will make the finals anyway, but yeah the situations are similar

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Similar, but I never thought Chicago played as bad as Miami has this season.

sportjames23
03-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Ummm, they did get tired of voting for him. Bulls had a down year on top of that, coasting a bit with their 3rd straight title run and Jordan/Pippen coming off the Olympics as well.

I could see Lebron and Durant getting it over Jordan that year with their current play and if they had a better record. Voters were just looking for a reason to give it someone else.

That'd be the only way I could see Bron or Durant winning it over MJ.

Regardless doe, Barkley had a BEAST of a year that season. Hell, he placed ahead of MJ in 1990, finishing second to Magic. That's how great Sir Charles was, but most dudes here don't get that.

sportjames23
03-27-2014, 08:53 PM
barkley was a horrible defender. do you actually think he was better than peak lebron and kd? better 2 way players? funny thing is you probably never even watched him play. idiot.

You fvckin fakkit. I've been watching the NBA since 1985. I've seen most of Barkley's career, idiot. Barkley could score as easily as Lebron and Durant and out-rebound the fvck out of them. Prime Charles in today's NBA would be the best in the game.

We need a petition to ban this bitch mehya.

mehyaM24
03-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Prime Charles in today's NBA would be the best in the game.

colossal maniac LMAO

mehyaM24
03-27-2014, 09:03 PM
kg,duncan,dirk >>>> barkley,kemp,malone

lmao at anybody saying barkley is better than lebron,forget kg and duncan.

Im Still Ballin
03-27-2014, 09:59 PM
They are far more similar to the 2011 Lakers squad

no. just no.

DaOldLion
03-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Bulls had a better supporting cast but a worse overall superstar, it's a toss up