PDA

View Full Version : is this the worst Miami has looked since the Big 3 era?

jzek
03-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Something is "off" with them this year. They don't look like a team that's on a mission. I guess it's understandable considering they've been in the Finals 3 straight years and won two straight.

LeGOAT
03-28-2014, 12:05 PM
You are right. They dont look like a team thats on a mission because the regular season is not a mission. They have nothing to prove and the goal is a 3peat. It's an 82 game preseason

Mass Debator
03-28-2014, 12:06 PM
They miss Joel.

Rocketswin2013
03-28-2014, 12:07 PM
They have yet to play at that elite tier level that nobody can reach. I'm starting to think they just cannot get to that 27 game win streak championship level.

navy
03-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Worse defensively. The offense has been bad as of late. But still there best offensive year.

navy
03-28-2014, 12:08 PM
They have yet to play at that elite tier level that nobody can reach. I'm starting to think they just cannot get to that 27 game win streak championship level.
Except they did. Then it ended with Lebron's 61.

Milbuck
03-28-2014, 12:14 PM
We need to stop acting like the Heat at their best are in this god-tier of basketball teams and no one else stands a chance. San Antonio fully healthy and at their best are on the same level. They were 30 seconds from beating Miami in 6. Hell even OKC, when they're on their A-game can hang with anyone else at their best, including Miami.

3peated
03-28-2014, 12:15 PM
We need to stop acting like the Heat at their best are in this god-tier of basketball teams and no one else stands a chance. San Antonio fully healthy and at their best are on the same level. They were 30 seconds from beating Miami in 6. Hell even OKC, when they're on their A-game can hang with anyone else at their best, including Miami.

Get Milbucked, nerds.

Rocketswin2013
03-28-2014, 12:16 PM
When everybody's clicking for Miami, they are better than the next best team by 5 - 8 points. That's just IMO. But we haven't seen it much this year. Gonna be interesting to see if they turn it up in the playoffs.

STATUTORY
03-28-2014, 12:16 PM
this is strong and true

navy
03-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Except this isnt true. When the Heat are at their best they are on a different tier than everyone else. When Lebron, Wade, and Bosh show up there isnt another team that can match the amount of fire power that they can. Nor the defensive intensity at the same time.

That doesnt mean that the Heat always or even most of the time play on that level, but we've seen even if just two of the Heat Big 3 show up the Heat are still going to be the favorites in any series and I dont care who the opponent is.

IncarceratedBob
03-28-2014, 12:25 PM
They looked worse in the 11 finals

Big#50
03-28-2014, 12:26 PM
They will turn it on in the ECF.

Ca$H
03-28-2014, 12:28 PM
I would like to use this as an opportunity to say that LeBron is a male prostitute.

Jameerthefear
03-28-2014, 12:29 PM
only team that can stick with miami at their best is SA. case closed. OKC stands no chance. hell, i'd say houston has a better chance at beating mia than OKC.

TMT
03-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Sad thing is that they don't need to have it all together until the ECF. They might drop 2 or 3 games during the first two rounds, but the East is so weak we already know they are guaranteed wins in those series. So instead of there being about 10 or so games left in the season, Miami has an additional 8 to 12 warmup playoff games. Disappointing to say the least, but quite true.

ImKobe
03-28-2014, 12:38 PM
They look like the 2003 Lakers in a lot of ways. Huge drop off on the defensive end, which is a big concern because a lot of their offense came off of forcing turnovers & getting easy baskets on the other end. They're fatigued & are facing some nagging injuries. Lebron, Wade & Bosh have to play their ass off in the Playoffs for them to have any chance this season.

Jameerthefear
03-28-2014, 12:41 PM
They look like the 2003 Lakers in a lot of ways. Huge drop off on the defensive end, which is a big concern because a lot of their offense came off of forcing turnovers & getting easy baskets on the other end. They're fatigued & are facing some nagging injuries. Lebron, Wade & Bosh have to play their ass off in the Playoffs for them to have any chance this season.
Stop. The Heat will have a chance to win every game by just showing up. I don't like Miami, but I'm not gonna be the guy to bet against them.

All Net
03-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Yes but you have to consider how burnt out they must be..thats alot of games the past 3 years.

All Net
03-28-2014, 12:43 PM
only team that can stick with miami at their best is SA. case closed. OKC stands no chance. hell, i'd say houston has a better chance at beating mia than OKC.

This isn't 2012, OKC are on the same level as are the Spurs.

Rose'sACL
03-28-2014, 12:48 PM
matchups would be a problem. only team in the west that would win against Heat are the Spurs.
I don't think houston would be a problem. they give way too much breathing room to heat.
If wade is like he was in last playoffs then pacers and spurs are heat's only problem but if wade is giving 20-5-5 then only spurs are the problem as Spurs look better then they did last year.

Solefade
03-28-2014, 12:50 PM

uhh lebron had to play his ass off every playoffs for them to win or get anywhere even 2011

All Net
HM. Well Westbrook has been having his worst season in years, and who's the #3 option?

No he isn

Solefade

it's a well known match up issue because I think OKC can def beat SAS

ImKobe
03-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Stop. The Heat will have a chance to win every game by just showing up. I don't like Miami, but I'm not gonna be the guy to bet against them.

The Heat just aren't that good overall as a team this year, stats & eye test both prove that.

Heat needed a huge chokejob by the Spurs to have at chance at winning it all & they look even worse this year while the Spurs look pretty much the same with a deeper bench. If it's a Finals re-match, I'll side with San Antonio.

All Net
03-28-2014, 12:54 PM
matchups would be a problem. only team in the west that would win against Heat are the Spurs.
I don't think houston would be a problem. they give way too much breathing room to heat.
If wade is like he was in last playoffs then pacers and spurs are heat's only problem but if wade is giving 20-5-5 then only spurs are the problem as Spurs look better then they did last year.
Wde isn

All Net
03-28-2014, 12:55 PM
it's a well known match up issue because I think OKC can def beat SAS

It was a match-up issue or would be if Wade was the Wade of old...

Solefade
03-28-2014, 12:56 PM
It was a match-up issue or would be if Wade was the Wade of old...

lol 2012 wade was crap and they got their asses handed to them, it's no different.

when heat turn on their defensive intensity and attack OKC, they don't have much of answer for that. you got a taste of that one or two months ago when heat were in OKC--but it's always been like that.

Jameerthefear
03-28-2014, 12:57 PM
But they don't matchup with Miami. At all.

All Net
03-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Westbrook is never hurt. And it's always been like that. He's had one injury this whole season and took practically no damage from it. His shot chucking and TO'S are at its worst and his defense has been terrible. He even said that a few days ago. And Ibaka is not an option tbh, he's a jumpshooter. If Jackson and Lamb have to consistently play well they are doomed. And there are other teams with superstars in this league with better options around them.

:facepalm comments like this aren't even worth even responsing to seriously.

All Net
03-28-2014, 12:59 PM
But they don't matchup with Miami. At all.

This was the case yes, with Wade in superstar form and the role players playing well sure. RIGHT NOW? it isn't that big of an issue. Miami are still favourites obviously but OKC can beat them.

If Durant outplays Lebron, what chance do Miami have?

funnystuff
03-28-2014, 01:00 PM
So many kiddies here overrate the regular season.

Rose'sACL
03-28-2014, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=All Net]Wde isn

Jameerthefear
03-28-2014, 01:01 PM
This was the case yes, with Wade in superstar form and the role players playing well sure. RIGHT NOW? it isn't that big of an issue. Miami are still favourites obviously but OKC can beat them.

If Durant outplays Lebron, what chance do Miami have?
Wade wasn't in superstar form in 2012 either

Rocketswin2013
03-28-2014, 01:02 PM
:facepalm comments like this aren't even worth even responsing to seriously.
1. The knee surgery he had this year was precautionary, he didn't have to have it, but they wanted to be sure. He never injured it.

2. The knee sprain had no effect and he was 100% against Dallas.

3. He is shooting a career low from the field since he's been an all-star

4. He has 5 TOV per 36. Lol career worst.

Rose'sACL
03-28-2014, 01:03 PM
This. He was playing like a star but only played like a supers star in very few games in 2012

All Net
03-28-2014, 01:04 PM

He had game winning performances and he wasn't looking like he would struggle to play game after game..he could put in Big performances but consistently? I

All Net
03-28-2014, 01:09 PM

Maybe not he still had a good finals and did have some good performances however it was the role players who made the difference in the finals. Battier hitting 6 threes in OKC for example...they will depend more on role players than people think this time around.

Who knows maybe Battier comes to live come playoff time.

Droid101
03-28-2014, 01:22 PM
So many kiddies here overrate the regular season.
Yeah, it doesn't hurt that statistically, the teams with the best +/- ratio in the regular season tend to win it all in the playoffs. Don't let facts get in the way of posting, though.